• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

For those of us with not a lot of mythril right now, does it make more sense to wait for the SSSB banners?
Well, the SSSB banners are about 3 months away and there are a lot of pretty good banners in-between now and then. If you are new and thus don¨t have a lot of 5* relics then pull whenever - future banners will pretty much always be better than what we currently have. If you have a good amount of 5* relics and can clear hard content then definitely save your mythril - especially if you have your own wall/hastega/AoE heal as those are the best type of relics in the game

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well, the SSSB banners are about 3 months away and there are a lot of pretty good banners in-between now and then. If you are new and thus don¨t have a lot of 5* relics then pull whenever - future banners will pretty much always be better than what we currently have. If you have a good amount of 5* relics and can clear hard content then definitely save your mythril - especially if you have your own wall/hastega/AoE heal as those are the best type of relics in the game

I've been playing since launch and have an ok amount of 5* and 6*, can clear Hard dailies easy and Heroics easy if I have the right RS gear. No wall or hastega but I have an AoE heal (Rinoa's I believe).

Sounds like I should save up then, though I may pull the beginner banner if there's a guaranteed 5* relic I need.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Mechanics questions:

For bosses that have break resistances, is that solely against the effect of break(down)s or does it also include soul breaks that lower stats (namely heroic harmony)? And does heroic harmony stack with break(down)s?

MicH

Can I just say how much I love how easy it is to setup a team now? I just finished the Sephiroth event and went to the daily. Clear all equipment and in one menu you can select equipment, abilities and record materia so convenient!

Mechanics questions:

For bosses that have break resistances, is that solely against the effect of break(down)s or does it also include soul breaks that lower stats (namely heroic harmony)? And does heroic harmony stack with break(down)s?
Break resistance covers all stat-lowering moves so that includes Heroic Harmony (unfortunately). HH stacks with Break(down)s though

Can I just say how much I love how easy it is to setup a team now? I just finished the Sephiroth event and went to the daily. Clear all equipment and in one menu you can select equipment, abilities and record materia so convenient!

Break resistance covers all stat-lowering moves so that includes Heroic Harmony (unfortunately). HH stacks with Break(down)s though

I suffer from old habits dying hard I keep instinctively heading to the party button to change out my team before a dungeon :X

Falk

that puzzling face
Looks like they're also becoming way less exclusive with the greens turn in.

Huzzah.

Rosetta Stones are the new summon orb

Road

Looks like summons are going to become multi-hit in the future making Bahamut actually look really attractive right now.
It was a matter of time until they remembered magic exists, after months of (needed) buff to physical.

Bahamut looks much more appealing now, at 15x potency, the other summons not as much, except for the 4* ones when hitting elemental weakness.

Expect more mag buff soul breaks and I guess more 5* black magic.

Red Mage

What the FUCK is that Yeti boss? SNOWSTORM, SNOWSTORM, AVALANCHE, oh your dead? too bad

Why the fuck does the game tell you to blind it when literally only one of its attacks (which it uses rarely) can actually be blocked that way? and protect/power breakdown does literally nothing to lower its damage?

I very nearly killed it but then the regen effect kept it alive, and then it spammed Avalanche twice, killing 4 of my party members.

I know how the game ends:

Dr. Mog: “It was me, Tyro. The author of all your pain.”.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, a boss that can AoE beserk your entire party.

I never played a FF game after 6, but they all sound frustrating as hell if these bosses are supposed to based on the real games. :p

Red Mage

For those of us with not a lot of mythril right now, does it make more sense to wait for the SSSB banners?

Honestly, play as you want. I'm going to be saving for the SSB banners and for two shortly after them. I also play the JP version so that I get a feel for which SBs Irreally want in my main account.

I will tell everyone that if you miss out on a weapon that you really want, don't sweat it. There will eventually be something even more awesome down the line. They're always coming up with something new. In JP right now it is twin-elements, where it is non-elemental unless it is weak versus the other element, then it takes double damage. Before that it was damage+boost. One of Cid's SBs hits a target 3 times, and grants Cid Protect+haste+boost... And it wasn't even the feature relic of the banner.

ZangBa

Ban's over, didn't get to complain about my 11 pull. This festival has me hyped, I have no idea what banners to pull on because they aren't anything like Japan's. Probably just do 1 of each but I don't know... I might just save until the next big event for better banners... but then I need gear for misfortune fights.

Meneses

Just got a Keepsake Ribbon from a 3-pull.

What should I keep as RW now?

Aerith's Planet Protector?
Leon's Hand of the Emperor? (My current RW)
Red XIII's Lunatic High?
Y'shtola's Medica II?

I also have Squall's new weapon but I doubt it would be as useful as a RW.

LucaMac

Red XIII's Lunatic High?
Y'shtola's Medica II?

You're very sorted for physical parties now. Planet Protector and Hand of the Emperor stack. Have HOTE myself and its a game changer.I don't know how they boost attack each but HOTE has the defense bonus as well and also stacks with more things.

Apparently the last two elite fights of the Sephiroph event will have an event quest added a few days after the bonus battles so if you've not done them yet waiting might be a good idea.

Orb Fest starts tonight. Let the grinding begin!

*cue Gold Saucer music*
I actually turn off the BGM whenever that happens.

MicH

Red XIII's Lunatic High?
Y'shtola's Medica II?

Planet Protector or Lunatic High for sure

You're very sorted for physical parties now. Planet Protector and Hand of the Emperor stack. Have HOTE myself and its a game changer.I don't know how they boost attack each but HOTE has the defense bonus as well and also stacks with more things.
PP is 50% ATK boost, HotE is 30% ATK and DEF boost.

MicH

So, the relics we're getting in the Beginner banner (do an 11-pull and choose 1 free relic from 14 available) have been translated... and the featured relics on the banner (NOT the free relic you get after the pull) are pretty fucking terrible. Healing Grimoire, Official Ball, Blood Lance and Ice Whip (and a bunch of non-character specific relics). This is really awful compared to what JP got (Sentinel's Grimoire, Rydia's 2nd whip, Wakka's 2nd ball and Kain's 2nd spear). Probably still worth it for the free 5* relic, but jesus that's a terrible banner

ccbfan

So, the relics we're getting in the Beginner banner (do an 11-pull and choose 1 free relic from 14 available) have been translated... and the featured relics on the banner (NOT the free relic you get after the pull) are pretty fucking terrible. Healing Grimoire, Official Ball, Blood Lance and Ice Whip (and a bunch of non-character specific relics). This is really awful compared to what JP got (Sentinel's Grimoire, Rydia's 2nd whip, Wakka's 2nd ball and Kain's 2nd spear). Probably still worth it for the free 5* relic, but jesus that's a terrible banner

Any list of the free 5* relics?

Those are what I'm more interested in since my Roll luck is terrible so I don't expect to get a 5* anyways.

MicH

Any list of the free 5* relics?

Those are what I'm more interested in since my Roll luck is terrible so I don't expect to get a 5* anyways.
It's one for each realm + core:

C: Tyro's Cyclone Grimoire
I: Warrior of Light's Sun Blade
II: Firion's Demon Axe
III: Luneth's King's Sword (not yet in Global/skipped event)
IV: Dark Knight Cecil's Dark Sword
V: Bartz' Air Knife
VI: Terra's Enhancer
VII: Cloud's Buster Sword
VIII: Squall's Revolver
IX: ZIdane's Butterfly Sword
X: Yuna's Magistral Rod
XII: Ashe's Runeblade
XIII: Lightning's Blazefire Sabre
XIV: Y'shtola's Healer's Robe

wait how doesnthis banner work? Do a pull get a random free 5*

ZangBa

If these are the same relics we get, I don't think I will bother pulling. I already have Y'shtola's Robe, so I just don't see much value here.

MicH

wait how doesnthis banner work? Do a pull get a random free 5*
It's a special banner. You can only do an 11-pull and only once. When you do the 11-pull you get to choose a free relic of the 14 listed above. When you've selected the relic you want the banner disappears

ZangBa

You guys are crazy. 11 pull is worth it. I want at least 5 items from the free item selection.

For where I am now in the game, I just can't see any of those items really helping me much. I feel like my 50 mithril is better spent on a gamble for a really good relic in one of the SSB banners.

Razmos

For me it's a toss up between Bartz's Air Knife (V) and Zidane's Butterfly Sword (IX)

But when I think about it:
Bartz: Good character
Weapon: It's a dagger, usable by anyone, also gives a boost to wind damage
Soul Break: Wind Element and AoE sap.

Zidane: Shit tier character
Weapon: Another sword
Soul Break: Boring as heck

So yeaaaah, I'm choosing the Air Knife.
The banner itself has Kain's Blood Lance and Rydia's Ice Whip, which is handy since I have no real IV synergy.

MicH

The only realm where I have no 5* synergy is III (stop skipping all the damn II and III events, DeNA!) so I'll probably pick Whatever III relic we can choose. Bartz' Air Knife and Ashe's Runeblade are also pretty nice

Got several of those already. It'll be between the Runeblade, Enhancer and Blazefire Sabre for myself. Need RS for XII and XIII, and Enhancer is a relic that i've always wanted.

I'll definitely pull - Blood Lance and Rydia's Whip would be welcome additions if I was lucky.

MrDaravon

As a bit of a newer player with total shit luck (again, currently at 0/55) the only one of the relics in the banner that I have is the Ice Whip, and I have none of the free choice ones. So no reason for me not to pull, will obviously wait until after the RoR banners and everything of course though to see what I wind up getting, if anything.

I mean unless you have god tier luck or have whaled hard I have a hard time seeing a situation where at least one of those natural 5 star weapons wouldn't be useful.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Hmmm...I already have Enhancer (got 2 of them actually on a Lucky Draw pull) and the Buster Sword. Is the Healer's Robe worth it if I already have Yuna's Lullaby Rod?

Dunno what else I'd pull. The only other character specific equipment I have are Setzer's Hyperion, Cyan's Kiku-ichimonji, Kimahri's Dusk Lance, Snow's Paladin, Tellah's Polymorph Rod, Locke's Rising Sun, and Irvine's Valiant.

Is organics +10atk permanent for Cloud or only when the sword is equipped?

I'm trying to work out what weapon to use these Rosetta stones on. If its permanently added to Cloud, then I guess I should use them on my 7 star Sword instead.
KU6sUI5l.png

I'm just now sure how the +10 bonus works.

Negator

Specifically, I am eyeing:

III: Luneth's King's Sword (I have advance. This + that = shit is dying)
V: Bartz' Air Knife (Bartz is one of the best characters in the game)
VI: Terra's Enhancer (Bae weapon and my mage gear is awful)
XII: Ashe's Runeblade (Party heal on a mage is gravy)
XIII: Lightning's Blazefire Sabre (For Synergy Purposes)

The only hang ups I have over Enhancer and Runeblade is that I have a 6*++ FF6 and 6*++ FF12 rod.

The permanent +10 attack bonus is added to cloud when his SSB is mastered.

Would it be worth it to pull another Enhancer just so I can have a 7*++ Enhancer?

lol

I doubt it. Enhancer will get outclassed by her SSB. No point if it just barely adds any utility.

MicH

Hmmm...I already have Enhancer (got 2 of them actually on a Lucky Draw pull) and the Buster Sword. Is the Healer's Robe worth it if I already have Yuna's Lullaby Rod?

Dunno what else I'd pull. The only other character specific equipment I have are Setzer's Hyperion, Cyan's Kiku-ichimonji, Kimahri's Dusk Lance, Snow's Paladin, Tellah's Polymorph Rod, Locke's Rising Sun, and Irvine's Valiant.
If you have Y'shtola's Thyrus then I guess the robe can be useful as you have both wall and AoE heal on one character? But I'd probably pick another relic from a realm where you don't have anything

I'm trying to work out what weapon to use these Rosetta stones on. If its permanently added to Cloud, then I guess I should use them on my 7 star Sword instead.
KU6sUI5l.png

The stat boosts from the SSBs (and BSSBs) are permanent once the SSB is mastered. So you can potentially get another +10 Attack if you get Cloud's Fusion Sword :p

Faithless

The most maddening thing about the new UI is that I have a "1" notification on the home menu, and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

Anyone else have this problem?

ccbfan

You people must have amazing luck or crazy whale to think a guaranteed 5 star item is not worth it.

Never mind the soul break, a weapon as good as these alone would make me roll. (Better than everything I got)

Heck even with the crappy banner I would roll 14 times if I had the mythil and you can do this multiple times.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Holy shit, free Advance for everyone.

That was a no brainer. Got Kain's spear in the actual draw, but who cares. FREE ADVANCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom