• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccbfan

+ is legit

Ran it for the reward and for 4 cataurs and 1 giant.

Exp sucks though.

Man those 5* choices are much worse than before unless they give luneth retaliate in the future.

tenton

+ is legit

Ran it for the reward and for 4 cataurs and 1 giant.

Exp sucks though.

Man those 5* choices are much worse than before unless they give luneth retaliate in the future.

Heroic XP is practically the same amount (~22k the one time I checked for Champion). For me in my small sample size/anecdotal evidence, it was about the same cactaur appearance rate. Note I've only played each level once. :p

Kaiterra

Banned
Yay, thanks to Dr. Mog I finally have a MAG-focused mage weapon. And hopefully the 0/11 I got on the actual draw burned off some bad luck for the SSB Fest

Balphon

Apparently the modifier on Stormlance Grimoire's SB is very high (2.0 x 4 hits; incidentally the same as Squall's Blasting Zone), so it may end up being the best item in that set after all, particularly against a lightning-weak target.

Jyrii

Banned
Got two majors on my first orb+ (not the end reward). XP is so bad though. 22k for heroic and + where as last time heroic gave 69k

Did the 11x beginner pull. Got excited when I saw two 5 star items.

Fire Bracer (FFX no soul break)
Healing Grimoire

:(

Best part of that pull was getting 2 Aevis bows to combine with the 1 I already have. Now I have 1 half decent bow.

Falk

that puzzling face
The free 5* list corresponds to the first characters you get from doing the Classic dungeons from the start of the game, so while it's a huge bummer (really wanted AOE heal robe - I have zero AOE heals) it kind of 'makes sense'.

I had Vanille as my RW since the first day but I more and more consider changing to Leon with HotE. I was scared to lose followers like my few Luneth mutuals, but I never use them and now his SB will be very common.

Is there any interest for HotE here?

Nooooo the Enhancer!

Between the Tyrfing and Storm Staff for me. The latter is another much needed staff, although Garnet is capped at 50 for me still. Luneth has his MC but the only FF3 content i have left to do is those recent elites. Got a while to decide anyway, will probably wait and see where i am after Festive Fantasy.

Chanced a pull on the Sephiroth banner and got the shared-SB Runesword. Think i got like 4 FF7 swords at 5* now :(

Edit: I only have one Hand of the Emperor on my RW list, whats your tag? Its a great SB.

LucaMac

Edit: I only have one Hand of the Emperor on my RW list, whats your tag? Its a great SB.

I have HOTE (9fRe) but I seem to get summoned very little with it and am considering changing back to my ice whip Rydia

The exp is very disappointing. I was hoping to get my MC2 prep party much more along to where they need to be in this orbfest. Even with the insane cactuar rates on the Ex+ (more cactuars than not cactuars on my first run) I find it harder to justify refreshes this time around.

Luca you were my other HOTE so now ill probably summon you less :(

Joking aside, Ice Whip may actually be in demand for [M]ExDeath to meet the Ice Weakness target score for people who don't have Blizzaja honed. I'm undecided whether to use my Ice Orbs on that or Mental Breakdown.

LucaMac

Not refreshing at all~

You have absolutely no need to either way though Falk. You got nearly everything wanted (never mind needed) the last time around. (As long as we are talking orbs and not relics of course)

EDIT: It's you and one other person who constantly use it so. Get 2 a day minimum but rarely too much more. At the end of the day, its only gil, and I don't need gil. So I'll leave HOTE up as its more useful for others even of its required less. Seriously selfless me.

Meneses

I have HOTE (9fRe) but I seem to get summoned very little with it and am considering changing back to my ice whip Rydia

I've been summoned an average of 30 times with HotE, but it has been dwindling down recently.

I think I will keep it as my RW anyway because there's already a lot of Hastegas RW around (I mean, half my friends list is Red and Sazh lol)

EDIT: It's you and one other person who constantly use it so. Get 2 a day minimum but rarely too much more. At the end of the day, its only gil, and I don't need gil. So I'll leave HOTE up as its more useful for others even of its required less. Seriously selfless me.

That's my thinking. Even if I would be making 20k a day, I have over 40 millions so I don't need it. I prefer it to be summoned less but to be part of a tactic for some people even if it only serves a niche.

MrDaravon

Last night and this morning I ran through through all of the difficulties for the mythril rewards; between this and login bonuses etc I think I'm going to be able to hit 200 mythril for 4 SSB banner pulls :D

The EXP difference between Heroic and + is garbage though. I did one Heroic run and got one Cactuar who only gave a regular 3* orb, then across 3 + runs I only got two cactuars, one that dropped a regular 3* orb (should that even be possible on +?) and one 4* orb. Going to wait and see what people are reporting when I get home tonight, but I may wind up sticking with Heroic. While the EXP nerf from last orbfest is pretty hard, Heroic/+ still winds up giving a bit more than the Sunday EXP dungeon and is way easier, I can just auto-battle it. And since that means my two casters are basically doing zero damage I can rotate in other people I want to level up in their place and just have Cloud/Wakka/Gilgamesh carry the group (and Wakka & Gilgamesh will probably hit 65 doing this as well). Well have to see what kind of luck people are reporting with orb drops to see if I just want to run Heroic to get more EXP or not.

Yeah I'm not convinced + is worth it outside of the initial quest rewards of 2 m_o unless you reallh need the slight bit of extra money lol

MrDaravon

Yeah I'm not convinced + is worth it outside of the initial quest rewards of 2 m_o unless you reallh need the slight bit of extra money lol

Yeah, as someone who is still clawing my way up to endgame stuff all of the guaranteed 5* orbs from Mastering Heroic and + were fucking fantastic though.

Also forgot to mention that I did run into a regular Cactuar on Hard that dropped a 4* orb....so yeah unless the cactuar encounter/drop rate and + is baller and I just got unlucky this morning I think I'm going to stick with Heroic. Unless the EXP is glitched or something and they wind up buffing it.

Yeah, as someone who is still clawing my way up to endgame stuff all of the guaranteed 5* orbs from Mastering Heroic and + were fucking fantastic though.

Also forgot to mention that I did run into a regular Cactuar on Hard that dropped a 4* orb....so yeah unless the cactuar encounter/drop rate and + is baller and I just got unlucky this morning I think I'm going to stick with Heroic. Unless the EXP is glitched or something and they wind up buffing it.

Cactaur and gigantaur can show up on any difficulty even easy and drops g/m orbs. The difference is in the exp, money, and regular orbs you got from mooks which is why I feel heroic > + unless evidence comes out that cactaur/gigantaur rate is actually higher in +/their drop rates for g/m is higher.

MicH

Cactuars have a higher chance of appearing the higher the difficulty is. + difficulty is strictly better than Heroic if you want orbs

Cactuars have a higher chance of appearing the higher the difficulty is. + difficulty is strictly better than Heroic if you want orbs

How much better is better though? Is like a 5% better chance to see one worth and extra 15 stamina? Thats an extra 3 rounds in heroic which could potentially lead to more cactaur.

Kaiterra

Banned
Could definitely stand to use stamina refreshes on Festive Fantasy since my luck during the previous orbfest wasn't so great but doing that last time made me so sick of the game so uh

Nah

MicH

How much better is better though? Is like a 5% better chance to see one worth and extra 15 stamina? Thats an extra 3 rounds in heroic which could potentially lead to more cactaur.
We obviously don't know the actual rates, but so far it's been good to me. I average a Csctuar for every 20 stamina. That's really not bad

I can also attest to the cactuar rates being higher. I am definitely coming across them far more than the previous event although the gigantuar is still very elusive. Only seen 1 on this event so far with about 280 stamina spent.

Falk

that puzzling face
On the bright side Orb Conversion is right around the corner.

Cue all the salt from people who said 'it won't matter for a few months'

Jarekx

Yea the + difficulty has seemed better on cactaur/gigantaur for me as well. I also saw someone emailed DeNA about the XP being less efficient and the response was they were passing it on to the dev team. So hopefully that is a bug and it'll get sorted out soon.

Spocker

Yeah, cactuar rates seems really high in +. Even had some stages with a pack and 2 big ones. Drop rates for me has been like 75% greater/ 25% normal from the small catuars, and 75% greater/25% major from the big ones.

Jarekx

60 stamina - 7 cactuar - 5 greater Orbs

Guess I shouldn't pull on RoR banners cause my luck is gonna be spent on these orbs

Meneses

Yea the + difficulty has seemed better on cactaur/gigantaur for me as well. I also saw someone emailed DeNA about the XP being less efficient and the response was they were passing it on to the dev team. So hopefully that is a bug and it'll get sorted out soon.

The + exp definitely feels bugged, wouldn't surprise me if we get a fix.

Valus

DId 10 refreshes on the + round and the amount of cactuars I encountered was very noticeable. More often than not I ran into at least one per round. Not gonna do a Falk chart cuz I ain't crazy but I did run into 10 Gigantaurs, only got 3 majors out of them though.

Not spending anything on refreshes either - in a fairly decent place for ability hones so i'll just run it during downtime. When is the Sephiroth quests due? I have held off on finishing the elites for now and gonna start the new DU tomorrow.

Balphon

Looks like the 4 and 5* orb rates per stam are around twice as good in + versus the heroic on average, if you don't take orb conversion into account.

3* orbs, Gil and exp per stam are obviously worse on +.

Razmos

I was pretty shocked to see Tyrfing in the beginners choice this morning. I chose it because FFIII synergy is helpful.

Also I got a 5* from the beginners banner! a FFIX sword, woop. I needed that synergy.

My create hone abilities tabs are in French. Is there some setting I need to change, or is this a bug and where's my mythril for not speaking French?!!?

I was just about to post the same.

HDxnLGD.jpg

Dreavus

So is the beginner's choice thing good for a... beginner?

Just started this game last week and haven't spent any currency yet.

MicH

So is the beginner's choice thing good for a... beginner?

Just started this game last week and haven't spent any currency yet.
You get to choose a free 5* relic for doing an 11-pull which is pretty good. Stay away from the Sun Blade, Giant's Gloves and Dusk Lance though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom