• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one for each realm + core:

C: Tyro's Cyclone Grimoire
I: Warrior of Light's Sun Blade
II: Firion's Demon Axe
III: Luneth's King's Sword (not yet in Global/skipped event)
IV: Dark Knight Cecil's Dark Sword
V: Bartz' Air Knife
VI: Terra's Enhancer
VII: Cloud's Buster Sword
VIII: Squall's Revolver
IX: ZIdane's Butterfly Sword
X: Yuna's Magistral Rod
XII: Ashe's Runeblade
XIII: Lightning's Blazefire Sabre
XIV: Y'shtola's Healer's Robe

This isn't the list I see in the game.

I see:

Stormlance Grimoire
Sun Blade
Giant's Gloves
Tyrfing
Dark Sword
Healing Staff
Kiku Ichimonji
Buster Sword
Storm Staff
Dusk Lance
Ras Algethi
Wild Bear
Ninja Chainmail

Not really sure what to take.

OH MY FUCKINGGGGG GOOOOOODDDDD

BRnvHHil.jpg

MicH

Tyrfing is pretty much only good as an RW so eh. Good for III synergy though.

I'm kinda interested in the Valkyrie or Ras Algethi. I have no mage throwing weapons or guns, and while these are certainly not the best in their respective categories I may still get one. Especially the gun so I can finally use Sazh and Irvine properly!

Also lol at Josef's suicide gloves

Red Mage

Tyrfing and Ninja Chainmail are alright. I'd probably take the Healing Staff if I didn't already have one.

The rest are meh.

The gun is kind of tempting as it is a long range weapon. But, I'll probably get Tyrfing as I have the chainmail.

Tyrfing is pretty much only good as an RW so eh. Good for III synergy though.

I'm kinda interested in the Valkyrie or Ras Algethi. I have no mage throwing weapons or guns, and while these are certainly not the best in their respective categories I may still get one. Especially the gun so I can finally use Sazh and Irvine properly!

Also lol at Josef's suicide gloves

Yeah, but it has synergy for a really annoying realm. xD

ZangBa

I have Tyrfing so I don't know what to get. I think I'll just wait until some other time if I ever pull on it at all, nothing really grabs my attention. :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have Tyrfing so I don't know what to get. I think I'll just wait until some other time if I ever pull on it at all, nothing really grabs my attention. :/
Nothing else there is great. Certainly you'd probably be better off using the mythril to get more orbs.

Xetherion

Welp, got 4 4* and 7 3* items for my beginner pull, but also took Tyrfing for the RS. Would you guys rather i keep Sentinel Grimoire as my RW or switch to Advance?

I don't have any of these, not really sure what to get.

For uniques I currently have:

Sephiroth's Masamune
Red XIII's Diamond Pin
Aeris' first staff (the healing one)
Edgar's Partisan
Locke's Rising Sun
Y'Shtola's Thyrus
Tellah's Polymorph Rod
Rinoa's Valkyrie

And shared I have Healing Rod (IX), Witche's Hat (XIII) and Blizzard Sword (IX).

Are the servers getting overloaded for you guys too? It's taking forever to get past the now loading screen.

Yeah I thought maybe it was my connection but the servers are totally hammered.

MicH

Are the servers getting overloaded for you guys too? It's taking forever to get past the now loading screen.
Same here. Never experienced this before.

I don't have any of these, not really sure what to get.

For uniques I currently have:

Sephiroth's Masamune
Red XIII's Diamond Pin
Aeris' first staff (the healing one)
Edgar's Partisan
Locke's Rising Sun
Y'Shtola's Thyrus
Tellah's Polymorph Rod
Rinoa's Valkyrie

And shared I have Healing Rod (IX), Witche's Hat (XIII) and Blizzard Sword (IX).

Yeah I thought maybe it was my connection but the servers are totally hammered.
Just don't get Josef's shitty gloves or Kimahri's spear. They're the absolute worst items in the selection. WoL's Sword isn't that good either

WarAdept

Awww they nerfed the Global beginner pull hard.

Tyrfing is the only one worth a damn and I already have it.

Compared to stuff like Enhancer, Air Knife, Magistral Rod and Blazefire Saber, that has been a disappointing reveal.

Oh well, more mithril toward stam refreshes!

Road

Beginner banner is all kinds of garbage. Maybe if someday I get r2 Barrage I'll take Tyrfing for Luneth.

Yep, took me 20 minutes to finally start the first battle. Dena was not ready. lol

EDIT: orb dungeon XP is kind of garbage. D=

Between the shittastic Beginner Banner and this nerfed orb dungeon, so much for global getting top treatment. lol

Hey don't knock the idea of Gilgamesh retaliating with the Giants gloves.

Oh wait, my 4++ wing sword has the same rs atk as my giant gloves. Disappointment complete.

I'll pull and take tyrfong and cross IIi off the list for needing a retaliate weapon. Not sure when that is going to happen, 50 mythril to pull for a crappy banner.

Got wakka's official ball along with my free 5star, can't decide between Balthiar's gun and Luneth's sword, need a 5* for both realms, have plenty of good 5 star weapons and no good guns. But advance is pretty good skill :X

MicH

Well, that book is brand new and exclusive to the global version so that's something :p

Is advance really that good on Luneth or is it better as a RW?
Absolutely best as RW. Luneth can't Retaliate so while the attack boost is nice don't forget his defense will be lowered too. With Retaliate that doesn't matter. Good synergy Sword for III which is quite rare

Alsp, don't forget this banner runs to September next year! Save your mythril for SSB fest and pull on this banner later

Negator

Specifically, I am eyeing:

III: Luneth's King's Sword (I have advance. This + that = shit is dying)
V: Bartz' Air Knife (Bartz is one of the best characters in the game)
VI: Terra's Enhancer (Bae weapon and my mage gear is awful)
XII: Ashe's Runeblade (Party heal on a mage is gravy)
XIII: Lightning's Blazefire Sabre (For Synergy Purposes)

image.php

Well, that book is brand new and exclusive to the global version so that's something :p

Absolutely best as RW. Luneth can't Retaliate so while the attack boost is nice don't forget his defense will be lowered too. With Retaliate that doesn't matter. Good synergy Sword for III which is quite rare

Alsp, don't forget this banner runs to September next year! Save your mythril for SSB fest and pull on this banner later

Too late already pulled I also had 400 going in so nbd lol, guess I'll go with Luneth sword he was a main on my party for awhile until he hit level cap.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So I guess if I pull, I'd get Tyrfing.

Maybe I should just save my mythril for the next big SSB event, lol.

LOL I forgot you can get greater/major orbs even on the lowest difficulty, just going though the easy festival dungeon with low levels when I saw a GLO drop on the easiest floor

MicH

Well, there's Kimahri's Dusk Lance for X synergy! :lol

I agree the selection is bad. The whole banner was downgraded immensely. Josef's gloves are a ridiculous inclusion. Probably won't pull on it for a long time. The featured relics on the actual banner are terrible too.

nacarelli

Neo Member
I think there's something wrong with the Exp points. 28k for + (for comparison, in previous Orbfest Heroic dungeons gave 58k) is disappointing, to say the least.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So Advance is the free relic to get? (Only one I have already is Balthier's gun.)
Is advance really that good on Luneth or is it better as a RW?
I think it's more that with Advance as a RW, you're more likely to get mutual follows with other Advance users so you can have a reliable source of them.

Although now that it's a freebie, I think it won't be as big a problem any more. Maybe SG or Hastga ones will be back in high demand again. lol

Bah. If you have a great defensive RW, please keep it. A significant portion of my RW list has switched to Advance already. I don't need 30 Advance... I need 5, and then I need 5 Sentinel Guard, and 5 Boon, and so forth.

I guess someone will have to check if the + difficulty dungeon has a really high cactaur rate or a chance for normal enemies to drop G_O's because and extra 15 stamina a run for only 3k more exp doesn't seem worth it at all unless the orb drop rate is insane.

MrDaravon

I guess someone will have to check if the + difficulty dungeon has a really high cactaur rate or a chance for normal enemies to drop G_O's because and extra 15 stamina a run for only 3k more exp doesn't seem worth it at all unless the orb drop rate is insane.

Yeah I'm curious about this as well. I started playing the game during the last orbfest so I didn't really get to take full advantage; if it turns out the highest difficulty this time around isn't as awesome with the EXP as the last one was I'm gonna be sad :(

Also why are people pulling on the beginner banner now? Wouldn't people be keeping mythril for the SSB banners and/or stamina refreshes for orbfest? I still really wish I'd known this was coming, would have focused more on getting through dungeons for more Stamina, I'm up to 115 now which is approaching decent but not as high as I'd like.

Yeah I'm curious about this as well. I started playing the game during the last orbfest so I didn't really get to take full advantage; if it turns out the highest difficulty this time around isn't as awesome with the EXP as the last one was I'm gonna be sad :(

Also why are people pulling on the beginner banner now? Wouldn't people be keeping mythril for the SSB banners and/or stamina refreshes for orbfest? I still really wish I'd known this was coming, would have focused more on getting through dungeons for more Stamina, I'm up to 115 now which is approaching decent but not as high as I'd like.

Some of us have a lot of banked mythril, some of us didn't read it was available till September, some of us really want FF3 synergy/glass cannon Luneth now

elty

Got 4 5* but they all sucks

Ff6 fist
Genji shield
Soldier breast plate
Ff9 robe

I was hoping for the whip and lance.

Balphon

I thought about it and you guys are right, Ras Algethi is a pretty good choice from among those options, particularly in light of how good Balthier is now.

I chose the Buster Sword, but I also got some pretty good 5* weapons. Wish we didn't have to spend 50 mythril though. I was hoarding that for the soul break fest. Meh.

MrDaravon

Couple people on reddit are claiming ridiculous cactuar/drop rates on + difficulty. Think I'll spend my Stamina tonight clearing a couple more regular dungeons and wait it out until tomorrow to see what the word is on exp/drops per difficulty etc. Sadly the next 4 days my work schedule is going to really prevent me from doing much, I'll be lucky to spend my stamina before I have to leave in the mornings, and playing at work isn't an option.

Couple people on reddit are claiming ridiculous cactuar/drop rates on + difficulty. Think I'll spend my Stamina tonight clearing a couple more regular dungeons and wait it out until tomorrow to see what the word is on exp/drops per difficulty etc. Sadly the next 4 days my work schedule is going to really prevent me from doing much, I'll be lucky to spend my stamina before I have to leave in the mornings, and playing at work isn't an option.

I can confirm this. + is giving me tons of cactuars.

Blech, I don't think I'll be using any Mythril to refresh during this Orb Dungeon, unless the 4★/5★ rate in + is good.

On the other hand, a free Tyrfing is awesome, I wanted one of those regardless since Luneth is my boy.

elty

I am going to wait for the free Christmas sword to decide which free relic I pick. If the tree sword is a V synergy then I will pick Tyrfing.

Tried to do the 90 diff event (ff7) and wiped at like 3% =x. If I had a wall RW or one more lightning hone prob coulda got it.

Anyway. the + on orbfest is pretty easy. Only did the first 2 stages but got 1 cactuar each. However...only 1 dropped a 4* the other did a 3* which is same as the cactuar on hard. so might be better to just farm heroic and save 15 sta per run?

Kenai

Tried to do the 90 diff event (ff7) and wiped at like 3% =x. If I had a wall RW or one more lightning hone prob coulda got it.

Anyway. the + on orbfest is pretty easy. Only did the first 2 stages but got 1 cactuar each. However...only 1 dropped a 4* the other did a 3* which is same as the cactuar on hard. so might be better to just farm heroic and save 15 sta per run?

They have a (much) greater chance of appearing in higher difficulty, that's the main difference. I think? the drop rates when you actually see them are the same across difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom