• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

So is the beginner's choice thing good for a... beginner?

Just started this game last week and haven't spent any currency yet.

Generally yes, but the quickly upcoming vale of memories event will probably provide better options even if you've just started.

broz0rs

So is the beginner's choice thing good for a... beginner?

Just started this game last week and haven't spent any currency yet.

If i'm just starting, I'd definitely roll this banner because there's nothing that's ever guaranteed when it comes to rolls in this game.

I played for four months before I was able to roll my first 5* sword. I went through content using daggers and it was a chore. Having a 5* and using retaliate strategy will allow you to roll through content.

Although there's an upcoming festival with the best relics in the game coming up, none of those will be guaranteed.

Nohar

Well, we're gonna see a lot of new Roaming Warriors with Advance. That is a good thing.

I took Tyrfing too, only because I figured I could use the FFIII synergy (almost took the FFIV sword for the same reason, but at least Luneth will become much more useful).

Also got the FFXIII knife and a FFVI hat in my pull (also managed to get what I needed for a 4*++ Dancing Dagger - FFIV and a 4*++ Gladius - FFIX). Not bad.

So, yeah, I'm still playing, just a lot less than before (actually skipped Lulu's bonus battles).

I've used four mythril refreshes and have netted the following:
3 mbos
2 mlos
0 mdos

12 gbos
7 glos
15 gdos

Add three majors and greaters to each of those via rewards and doing quite nicely! Convienently those drops track what I need.

yasu151

With my average pulls lately (why do I keep getting fist weapons?) I have decided to instead spend on refreshes. I can manage + difficulty on auto without dying, so I'm just keeping it up in the background, constantly running through dungeons over and over. So far I've only pulled 2 major orbs, and have spent probably 700 stamina. (I currently have 129 stamina.)

I understand orb conversion may come soon, or may come later. However, I've honed all the 4* abilities I need, and intend to save everything for conversion to 5*. With luck, the mythril spent today will help position me to make better abilities in the near future.

Falk

that puzzling face
p.s. Advance does fall out in favor vs stuff like Planet Protector + HotE + Deprotega + Hastega stacking, etc. (or whatever combination)

With Advance, there's an upkeep inherent where keeping Ret up is a loss of an action, Breaks for ~3-4k are damage losses. It kind of balances out with double cut 9999s, but barely.

It's still good, but we're fast reaching the point where all-out Physical parties overtake Advance strategies. (Thank God)

(Of course, it also requires that you managed to roll a couple of those SBs)

100 gem rainbow orb, screen shaking and.......rune blade. 101 damage, chance to slow sb. Eh. Better than the gold sword freebie, but even with rs its 187 atk well below my 206 masamune and 216 dragon claw +. Weirdly that generic dragon claw is my best weapon with rs for any realm by ten or so points. I'm paranoid of drawing another vii fist. Now I can use the gold sword as an augment whenever I finally pull an sb weapon worth enhancing.

MrDaravon

Holy shit, I actually got a 5* from the 100-gem pull, the Dragon Armlet. Seems okay?

Now at 17 pulls my luck has been:

14 3*
1 4*
2 5*

My other 5* was the Genji Helm which isn't amazing but is decent. Other than the 5* Shinra Helmet I don't have any other notable FF7 stuff (just some 3*'s and one thing I could make into a meh 3+) so at least it's not yet another piece of FF4/6 gear which I have a shitload of.

Holy shit, I actually got a 5* from the 100-gem pull, the Dragon Armlet. Seems okay?

Now at 17 pulls my luck has been:

14 3*
1 4*
2 5*

My other 5* was the Genji Helm which isn't amazing but is decent. Other than the 5* Shinra Helmet I don't have any other notable FF7 stuff (just some 3*'s and one thing I could make into a meh 3+) so at least it's not yet another piece of FF4/6 gear which I have a shitload of.

Bracers are solid and reliable pieces of Armor that will come in useful almost all the time. The SB is also something that will be useful, especially for a newer player, where almost all of your default soul breaks are worthless. I'm day 1, and still don't have any natural 5* bracers.

MrDaravon

Just had a run on the first stage of orbfest + difficulty where all 3 rounds were cactaurs and all 3 dropped a 4* orb.

I'm using up all of my luck today aren't I

Easiet bonus battle in a long time. Hojo punched Cloud while he was reta'ing and took a ton of damage to himself with those 4 hits. He kept fucking repeating it too, thought he was supposed to be some kind of genius?

WarAdept

Easiet bonus battle in a long time. Hojo punched Cloud while he was reta'ing and took a ton of damage to himself with those 4 hits. He kept fucking repeating it too, thought he was supposed to be some kind of genius?

Sounds like it's time to bust out the Gilgamesh "Stop Hitting Yourself" strat when my stam recovers and I get to it.

Jenova DEATH remains a dick. Fuck your speed and double attacks.

No joke. I was sweating going in, and the battle was a complete cake walk.

Negator

Gilgamesh trivializes phase 2 of the fight. Assuming you have the mitigation up for the all party attacks, the Taunt/Retaliate combo makes him a complete joke. Every 4 combo attack he tried was an instant 12k damage from MORPHIN TIME'd Gilgamesh.

Dreavus

You get to choose a free 5* relic for doing an 11-pull which is pretty good. Stay away from the Sun Blade, Giant's Gloves and Dusk Lance though

Generally yes, but the quickly upcoming vale of memories event will probably provide better options even if you've just started.

If i'm just starting, I'd definitely roll this banner because there's nothing that's ever guaranteed when it comes to rolls in this game.

I played for four months before I was able to roll my first 5* sword. I went through content using daggers and it was a chore. Having a 5* and using retaliate strategy will allow you to roll through content.

Although there's an upcoming festival with the best relics in the game coming up, none of those will be guaranteed.

Thanks!

Ended up getting Rydia's Ice whip randomly, then chose Cyan's Sword. Should help me get through the Realms stuff at least!

Is there some trick to the Bonus Dungeon ++ fight? I know the minions keep respawning and I have shellga, but it just feels like retaliate isn't gonna work here because Cloud just ends up hitting the minions.

Edit: Turns out never attacking them, and using Blindga to blind them worked wonders.

Jyrii

Banned
Is there some trick to the Bonus Dungeon ++ fight? I know the minions keep respawning and I have shellga, but it just feels like retaliate isn't gonna work here because Cloud just ends up hitting the minions.

IIRC retaliate always hits the foe that has lost the most HP. So hit the boss once before starting to retaliate.

Falk

that puzzling face
Are you just tackling higher difficulty dungeons? The MAG vs RES falloff is real for Quake and Ruinga.

lankelink

Neo Member
They added some new characters when loading and showing characters profiles, I saw Rosa and Kefka. At first I thought they were tied to the update (different timeline from Japan). But they also included future abilities in the official strategy site: Ice Jump, Shadow Steel and Water Veil (from Rosa and Edge event); and Stumble Step, Exhausting Polka and Exploding Fist (from Kefka Event).

Any chance that they change again the order of the events in Global?

Falk

that puzzling face
I honestly hope to God they -don't-. Almost every instance of them significantly changing things have let to massive QA issues, from the stamina shard shenanigans around 4th dungeon update, to Wakka's MC outright crashing the game for a good while, to "oh wow Global exclusive event" having obviously incorrect XP figures.

Only event that's significantly shuffled was FFXIV, due to the cross-marketing potential. Other than that, they nixed the cross-promo events and SHINRA, and that's about it, I guess.

I mean, yeah, I'd greatly appreciate a more tailored experience, but it's quite clear the manpower isn't quite there to maintain the level of polish that's expected out of DeNA and/or Final Fantasy branding while making too many locale-specific changes.

MicH

And when they moved the XIV event up they forgot to change the gem costs. I still have 97 leftover gems that I can never use :p

I hope they don't move the Kefka event up. I won't have much mythril to pull on it after SSB fest

EDIT Free stuff on December 25th!

2LeEH8pl.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
They were willing to change it to 0 if you sent in a support ticket.

Man DeNA.

edit: Wonder if Christmas present is all 3, random, or your pick of one.

Also it's been way too long since this was posted.

Starring:
Donald Duck as the Lord of Gacha
Dale as 1/44 Falk
Chip as Everyone Else

MrDaravon

They were willing to change it to 0 if you sent in a support ticket.

Man DeNA.

edit: Wonder if Christmas present is all 3, random, or your pick of one.

Also it's been way too long since this was posted.

Starring:
Donald Duck as the Lord of Gacha
Dale as 1/44 Falk
Chip as Everyone Else

I think the blog post or somewhere said you pick one of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom