• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

Still remember early FFRK

"god damnit white mage still keeps dying, don't want to use Tyro"

Then whoever rolled a Regal Gown became Cool Kids Club because white mage stopped getting 1shotted.

I remember advocating Tyro over White Mage in the early days of the game. Heals almost just as much and doesn't die.

MrDaravon

It still kills me that I only started playing a few months ago. Even though in the grand scheme of things this game is fairly forgiving in playing catch-up in the back of my head my OCD is screaming about "missing" ~5-6 months of playtime.

Lhm3WTn.jpg

Negator

It still kills me that I only started playing a few months ago. Even though in the grand scheme of things this game is fairly forgiving in playing catch-up in the back of my head my OCD is screaming about "missing" ~5-6 months of playtime.

Don't worry too much about it. The power creep and free stuff will catch you up in no time. Everything you missed will be back eventually. The first few months we didn't even have Memory Crystals.

MrDaravon

Don't worry too much about it. The power creep and free stuff will catch you up in no time. Everything you missed will be back eventually. The first few months we didn't even have Memory Crystals.

Oh you're completely right and I know it, it's just the completionist part of my brain being obnoxious.

MicH

When the game launched the 5* to get was Cloud's Buster Sword. It was amazingly good and look at it now. Even when it's given away for free it's looked over

Razmos

I'm working on a strong Spellblade Sword. I have Tidus's Lightning Steel which is a strong (111 Att at level 20) sword with increased Lightning damage. I'm putting all of my rosetta stones on it and it is currently at +5 augment, soon to be +7 with the free rosetta stone from the daily login and the one from the Sephiroth event. (or even more if I get a major augment)

I have Thundaga Strike at R3 and also a second Lightning Steel which I'm going to combine it with at some point.

So a strong Spellblade with an enhanced 6* Lightning Steel, Thundaga Strike, and a double spellblade record materia is going to do huge damage against any bosses that don't resist lightning.

Falk

that puzzling face
The game gave me Ice Staff because it detected I haven't crafted Blizzaja.

:'(

That 20% bonus is huge.

So tempted to grab Healer's Staff from Beginner Pull just because +damage items are so rare. (That and I have shit FFV gear other than another Judgement Staff but hey I can go triple WHM who's going to stop me)

Vorpal

The new UI is super nice and definitely makes this game easy to come back to after a month or so break. I love seeing which realms have incomplete dungeons and then actually being able to adjust abilities/gear without having to back out through a bunch of laggy screens.

Synergy Simulator also made me dump like two hours into adjusting my Favorites list.

Good stuff!

MicH

so, hojo. what's the best set up for a guy that can't be bothered to bring along reno?
If you want to master it you have to bring Reno. You can only afford to lose 3 medals for mastery

The orb events don't overlap, when the next phase starts tonight (White/Holy/Earth) the current one (Dark/Black/Lightning) goes away.
If you stay in the dungeon without ever running stage 3 you can continue to run it until the entire event ends

Balphon

My main character is 50, Sephiroth who I just got I boosted to 40 with eggs and my other 3 randoms are level 30.. So far I'm using a full dps team cause the white mage kept getting 1 shot... I really want Aeris...cause its Aeris :D How do I unlock her? google hates me.

There's a bonus quest that will give you her for completing a specific dungeon.

Road

MrDaravon

Hmmm, I might just move on. I had almost literally no Major orbs of any type going into this and only a small handful of Greaters, and even if Dark/Black orbs are more useful I at least got a chunk of them already from phase 1 whereas I'm still sitting at pretty much zero on White/Holy/Earth.

I moved on straight away - got Thundaja at R4 and the other -jas to R3 now so pretty satisfied with that. I'll catch up on latest DU after crafting Holy, mythril reserves are super low after dumping 80 mythril into this Sephiroth banner.

I have curaja at r5 and ruinga at r4 so the only need for holy orbs I have is to take diaga to r5 which I need 19 for, not sure how heavy I'll farm for those.v I don't need earths other than the majors so eh.

I haven't done the Math on my results from round one but I'm pretty close to meteor r3 after orb conversion as well as getting the final Aja to r4. I have an absurd 200 greater lightning orbs on hand now,...

I need a lot of everthing lol don't have any -aja's outside of the free fire and thunder ones we got from events. My diaga is also only r2 not that its needed to be higher but I'm sure the ceiling is going to catch up with me soon for elite content.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know how I skipped out on Stage 2 on my grindfest?

Turns out it's like skipping out on leg day and now I'm hilariously short (relatively speaking) on Earth orbs compared to the other flavors.

STILL NOT REFRESHING THOUGH.

So I just started playing this yesterday, and it's pretty overwhelming. Just going through the story mode dungeons w/ tyro/white Mage/wakka/cloud/kain...is there a definitive beginner guide that's recommended? Especially with what I'm supposed to do with upgrading/augmenting equipment/abilities etc?

Falk

that puzzling face
For shit like this you need someone who's very competent (or simply OCD) for QA. A lot of this is easy to miss until it's out to millions of players. Remember this event is 'exclusive' to Global, meaning it wasn't a straight-out lift from the JP timeline, even if it's mostly copy/pasted.

So I just started playing this yesterday, and it's pretty overwhelming. Just going through the story mode dungeons w/ tyro/white Mage/wakka/cloud/kain...is there a definitive beginner guide that's recommended? Especially with what I'm supposed to do with upgrading/augmenting equipment/abilities etc?

There's a couple on reddit, still very relevant at the start despite some recent changes to the game

MicH

Planet Protector is amazing. I blazed through all the Sephiroth bonus battles. Cloud's Blade Beam under PP = 3X AoE 9999 damage

ZangBa

I didn't lose any medals on the bonus battles, they were really easy this time. Gilgamesh pretty much trivilises the ++ and +++. I'm not complaining, though, after Soulcage and iceball guy I could use this break.

Planet Protector is amazing. I blazed through all the Sephiroth bonus battles. Cloud's Blade Beam under PP = 3X AoE 9999 damage

Planet Protector has been a game changer for me. When the XIV banner came out I wanted that Thyrus badly and threw everything I had at it but failed to get one. During the lucky draw I ended up getting both the Thyrus and the Keepsake Ribbon and for how much I wanted the Thyrus and the amount of hype it gets, I find myself using Aerith for Planet Protector 9 times out of 10 instead of Yshtola.

Planet Protector has been a game changer for me. When the XIV banner came out I wanted that Thyrus badly and threw everything I had at it but failed to get one. During the lucky draw I ended up getting both the Thyrus and the Keepsake Ribbon and for how much I wanted the Thyrus and the amount of hype it gets, I find myself using Aerith for Planet Protector 9 times out of 10 instead of Yshtola.

Or you could use both Aerith as your summoner and Y'shtola as your healer, its what I do (I also don't have pp or thyrus just their aoe heals lol)

Double post don't care

Flow chart for main dungeons which shows characters and memory crystals

522a7782afa96f43f30001e4.gif

I'm also only 4 classics away form being caught up :D

I just started last night but I must have gotten about 15 system errors. They almost always happen after I kill a boss so I don't get to see my spoils. It also happened the only time I spent mythril on relics, so I'm never doing that again.

This is a neat little game but I can't deal with all these crashes.

elty

They are all quite easy if you bring a wall RW so you don't need to worry about mitigation. Proud Clod has very high defense though.

LucaMac

I went Cloud + Seph + Barret used advance for 1 and 3 and planet protector for Proud Clod.

Cloud - Retaliate/Drain Strike (thundara strike for Proud Clod)
Seph - Armour Break/Yukazisomething (group blind (only R1 needed, great for proud clod and turks)
Barret - Full Break/Power Breakdown.

Was pretty trivial. Cloud was pretty much invulnerable apart from s/l when Elena confused him once. Assuming you're not trying to master the fights its handy. Mastered all but the turks this way but I'd already done so so meh.

Here is what DeNA had to say about the dungeons shit EXP rates:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3xogc3/festive_fantasys_exp_wont_be_fixed_because_its/ said:
Regarding your report on the EXP rewarded in the [+] Dungeons of the Festive Fantasy Event, we have confirmed with our development team that the amount of EXP set in all Dungeons related to this Event is presently set as intended.
Well I guess the EXP is about 9/8 of heroic so from a difficulty point yes but from a stamina point it is 4/3 the cost...then again aren't the normal non-EXP dailies similar which I think is what they were trying to make here (rather than having Sunday level EXP) plus more greater and major (and using up stamina faster) make [+] worth running.

They are all quite easy if you bring a wall RW so you don't need to worry about mitigation. Proud Clod has very high defense though.
I had to retreat here as I messed up my mage party (load of shit, Aerith with healing and protectga, Reno with Ruinga and magic breakdown and Quistis with two thundaga...forgot the jammer armour isn't weak to it) most vitally not putting the attunement RM on so I didn't have enough Thundaga once I had destroyed the jammer to wipe it out :(

My retry will be Hymn of the faith RW for healing and some other ability/character adjustments.

I only did the one against the Turks as I don't feel the others are worth the stamina cost to repeat for one Greater Orb.

Cloud - Retaliate, Drain Strike
Sephiroth - Yuzikaze, Armor Break
Y'Shtola - Armor Breakdown, Curaga

RW Black Materia

I have Thyrus so I gave Y'Shtola Mako Might to wall up. Applied breaks and then burned Elena - Black Materia does so much damage. I took a Curaga mostly for trash as some of it hit kinda hard.

Kaiterra

Banned
Oh my god Heretic Hojo just made me more pissed off than anything in this game ever has. I have my finishing blows all lined up, I have Aerith using my party heal just in case, before any of that goes off, he uses that all-party Attack and kills her. Then my finishing blows go off so I can't even redo the fight without rerolling my RW and losing 40 stamina. I lost my three medals for not letting anyone get KOed and so all my efforts (this was the fifth try because of the first form's stupid goddamn Bio Gas) were just to get some stupid orbs I could've gotten from the holiday event anyway.

Why the fuck do all these mega bosses have to have such powerful ALL attacks when party heals are almost nonexistent?

I mean hell, I'm swimming in 5* FF7 gear, was fully prepared and I still got boned like that. That shouldn't happen!

Now to disappear to work and come home to a new set of events giving me no time to dwell on this one and retry.

I only did the one against the Turks as I don't feel the others are worth the stamina cost to repeat for one Greater Orb.

Cloud - Retaliate, Drain Strike
Sephiroth - Yuzikaze, Armor Break
Y'Shtola - Armor Breakdown, Curaga

RW Black Materia

I have Thyrus so I gave Y'Shtola Mako Might to wall up. Applied breaks and then burned Elena - Black Materia does so much damage. I took a Curaga mostly for trash as some of it hit kinda hard.

I got like 6 orbs for clearing those two quests :X

Edit: its 5 greater non elemental which are always useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom