• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Why the fuck do all these mega bosses have to have such powerful ALL attacks when party heals are almost nonexistent?.

The game very nearly had Y'shtola's AOE heal as a baseline option via Beginner Pull, too.

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr DeNA.

Road

Good thing there's a new event today because this white/holy/earth orb fest is really meh. Today I woke up and only remembered to play the game two hours later.

These event quests seem like a waste of stamina.

I only did the one against the Turks as I don't feel the others are worth the stamina cost to repeat for one Greater Orb.

That's why I wait until the quests are available. Not only is it a waste of stamina to do them twice, you have to, you know, do them twice. The less time I have to fight these same bosses over and over, the better.

RW Black Materia

I have Thyrus so I gave Y'Shtola Mako Might to wall up. Applied breaks and then burned Elena - Black Materia does so much damage. I took a Curaga mostly for trash as some of it hit kinda hard.

Yeah, Black Materia destroyed Dragon and Rude. Easy ~80k after Armor Breakdown if you get a strong Sephiroth RW (500+ ATK). I chose Blade Beam for Proudclad since it's two targets.

Dreavus

As a newer player, getting Darkmoon from the winter daily was a godsend even if it is going to be hard to upgrade right now. Love the animation on it too.

Jarekx

Just got Sephiroths 2nd Memory crystal. Easiest ++ battle I've had. I even forgot to put abilities on Reno and still came out without losing a medal.

That's why I wait until the quests are available. Not only is it a waste of stamina to do them twice, you have to, you know, do them twice. The less time I have to fight these same bosses over and over, the better.

Yeah, Black Materia destroyed Dragon and Rude. Easy ~80k after Armor Breakdown if you get a strong Sephiroth RW (500+ ATK). I chose Blade Beam for Proudclad since it's two targets.

Yeah true I should have been more vigilant, just eager to get them done in case for whatever reason in 2015 I'm unable to do them before the event ends :p

Hand of the Emperor also works nicely for these 3 man quests, got plenty of Leon's now thanks to you guys!

Balphon

I thought they were for the bonus battles like the FFXIV quests.

*shrug*

Just got Sephiroths 2nd Memory crystal. Easiest ++ battle I've had. I even forgot to put abilities on Reno and still came out without losing a medal.

All the bonus battles are a joke, any boss that largely does physical attacks will always be trivialized by drawtaliate

I'm finally caught up on classic dungeons! I haven't been caught up on classics since maybe the first dungeon update! Still have tons of easy elite back stock to go through but man at least to have the classic dungeon monkey off my back feels liberating. Now all I need is to get caught up on memory crystals with the new event. I read that Tifa's crystal will be given out for free in an upcoming FF7 event so if we do get the 4 memory crystals we missed Tifa will still have to sadly sit on the bench capped at 50 because who knows when next we'll see an opportunity in global to grab them.

Razmos

The bonus quest against the turks would be easy as hell if it wasn't for Elena spamming entice to confuse your party, you can't afford to lose turns due to it

LucaMac

I'm on 4 mythril. I wanted Aeris and Leon to be able to use Hand of the Planet Protector too badly :/

No...I didn't get Keepsake Ribbon. Or Mogs Lance to match his scarf. My mythril are all gone. I just want something that stacks with HOTE Dammit!!:/

The bonus quest against the turks would be easy as hell if it wasn't for Elena spamming entice to confuse your party, you can't afford to lose turns due to it

Guess I got lucky she didn't use it once during my battle with them

Once again singing the praises of the flow chart in classic/elite dungeons let me see I apparently have been horribly neglecting the ff4 elites :X

Razmos

Complaining on GAF worked, I beat her.

She confused a Planet Protector-boosted Cloud right at the end, but thankfully I was able to get the killing blow off with Reno before Cloud slaughtered my party.
So not only did I complete the quest but I also got mastery with a party of 3, woop.

EDIT: Wait, Kungpaochicken mentions that there are event quests for the bonus battles, but there is only a couple of days left of the Sephiroth event, they can't add them now can they?

Balphon

I spent all my mythril on the Lulu hairpin banner and didn't get much.

I'll be over here listening to Everybody Hurts if someone needs me.

1 pull on each ssb banner for me, will still leave me another 125ish for some stamina refreshes and whatever future banner looks interesting

Or you could use both Aerith as your summoner and Y'shtola as your healer, its what I do (I also don't have pp or thyrus just their aoe heals lol)
That would probably work out pretty well without sacrificing too much damage since I've got r5 Valefor and I'll probably get Bahamut pretty soon - I've got enough for r2 already.

I'm on 4 mythril. I wanted Aeris and Leon to be able to use Hand of the Planet Protector too badly :/

No...I didn't get Keepsake Ribbon. Or Mogs Lance to match his scarf. My mythril are all gone. I just want something that stacks with HOTE Dammit!!:/

There's a shield for Rikku coming up in the FFX banner after holidays that gives +RES/+ATK. I think it should stack with HOTE since that is +DEF/+ATK effectively giving you a boost to both RES and DEF and a large boost to ATK.

Xetherion

EDIT: Wait, Kungpaochicken mentions that there are event quests for the bonus battles, but there is only a couple of days left of the Sephiroth event, they can't add them now can they?

The last couple event quests will supposedly drop tomorrow according to reddit.

Beelzebubs

Thyrus and Shear Trigger from 11 pull. Was hoping for a Cardinal as already have Sentinels Grimoire and my pref for healer is Aerith with Planet Protector :(

Road

Deciding if white/holy/earth orbs are more important than upgrade material, seeing the Vale of Memories event will last until Dec. 31st and can be finished later.

Now, for the relic draw...

EDIT: Thyrus get! Trash all the rest.

kdjyb.png

alcheim

Crap... I'm on an unlucky streak again.

Did an 11 pull on Vale, and not a single 5*s... even more annoying is that all the relics I got was for stuff that I've already ++'ed before.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got Vanille's staff as well. Boo.
That's three group heals I guess. And at least hers is theoretically better than the Aerith one.

On these memory crystal things... do you need to claim them before the event ends, or can you just save them?

Vilifier

Neo Member
I got Thyrus from my 11 pull, it was the relic I really needed. I got some mythril saved up for the next banner, hope I have some luck on Cloud's SSB

Balphon

I got Vanille's staff as well. Boo.
That's three group heals I guess. And at least hers is theoretically better than the Aerith one.

On these memory crystal things... do you need to claim them before the event ends, or can you just save them?

The redemption period ends about a week after the event.

EDIT: I checked and it ends exactly a week after the event.

RivalCore

I got Hope's boomerang so not too bad. But I really wish they'd start increasing the item pool for 4*s. I keep getting redundant copies that I already have a bunch for.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The redemption period ends about a week after the event.

EDIT: I checked and it ends exactly a week after the event.
Ah, no reason to save them then... I guess it's convenient that you basically have no choice when it comes to the four MC2s anyway.

B.K.

I did an 11 pull on the banner. That was a waste of mythril. I got nine pieces of 3* junk, a $* Final Fantasy X sword that I've already gotten about five of, and Hope's weapon. Who ever uses Hope? :/

MicH

Did an 11-pull even though I only really wanted the Cardinal. Nothing. Fuck that, one more 11-pull: Variable Steel, Dark Helm and Cardinal! Yay! Now I'll jut do an 11-pull on the Squall banner hoping to get his (or Paladin Cecil's) SSB

No Edward, Firion or Ingus MC :( I have literally nothing to spend the the non-MC2 stones on

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did an 11-pull even though I only really wanted the Cardinal. Nothing. Fuck that, one more 11-pull: Variable Steel, Dark Helm and Cardinal! Yay! Now I'll jut do an 11-pull on the Squall banner hoping to get his (or Paladin Cecil's) SSB

No Edward, Firion or Ingus MC :( I have literally nothing to spend the the non-MC2 stones on
Yeah I was hoping for Edward too. Since these characters aren't in an event, I wonder why they didn't just include them.

MicH

Yeah I was hoping for Edward too. Since these characters aren't in an event, I wonder why they didn't just include them.
I don't even know when our next chance to get those MCs are. All II and III events keep getting skipped and I don't think Edward's MC have been released since - or if it has its quite a long ways away

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't even know when our next chance to get those MCs are. All II and III events keep getting skipped and I don't think Edward's MC have been released since - or if it has its quite a long ways away
Oh well. Edward continues to be useless for me. lol

Does level/stats affect the effectiveness of RWs? Since Edward is forever stuck at 50, should I just switch him out with Tyro with SG since he'll be 80 eventually?

Falk

that puzzling face
All these Thyrus pulls...

image.php

For the MCs, up until the UI update, some of them were visible in the MC UI, you just didn't have access to them. With the UI update, presumably they actually HAD to remove them, since the Library has info on where you can get each MC.

Wouldn't put it past DeNA to just have forgotten to include "put back those MCs lol" in the VoM update because lol versioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom