• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That would be too predictable for me to post right away I think.

I'm gonna do something different and post my results at the end of 5 pulls (1 on each stage) and see if that changes my luck around.
Haha, well, good luck.

I'm still debating whether to try again for Thyrus when I have SG already.

MicH

Oh well. Edward continues to be useless for me. lol

Does level/stats affect the effectiveness of RWs? Since Edward is forever stuck at 50, should I just switch him out with Tyro with SG since he'll be 80 eventually?
Just checked: We get Firion's MC in about 3-4 months, Ingus' in about 6 months and Edward's still hasn't been re-released in JP. Ugh. I have Edward's relic too do this fucking sucks. I really wanted to level break him for the FFIV Misfortune battle :/

Level 80 Tyro with SG us definitely a better pick than Edward as it is right now

Kaiterra

Banned
Oh man hahahaha I KNEW I'd get that Gladius. I just knew it. I always pull daggers. So I pull on this banner.

First 5*: GLADIUS "Hahahahaha I knew it"

Second 5*: GLADIUS "Hahahaha seriously okay let's see two more of these"

And then Thyrus and Shear Trigger dropped yay :D :D :D

Rinoa's SSB and Hope's Skycutter. HMMMMMM.

Get on my level

PFhJn9wh.jpg

Literally everything I wanted from this banner

Holy shit I might as well stop here no way I top this on any other pull

B.K.

I think I'm going to do a three pull on this banner and that's it. There should be enough time to get back to 100 for the others I want to draw on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just checked: We get Firion's MC in about 3-4 months, Ingus' in about 6 months and Edward's still hasn't been re-released in JP. Ugh. I have Edward's relic too do this fucking sucks. I really wanted to level break him for the FFIV Misfortune battle :/

Level 80 Tyro with SG us definitely a better pick than Edward as it is right now
Do you need MAG/MND for SG or does it not matter?

I too pulled the Penelo rod. Yay I guess :( At least I didn't get Falked.

I have some decent rods now though. Guardian Staff, Thyrus, Polymorph Rod and whatever this one is.

Damn that's a good pull. Three character relics, one which is an SSB and one which is a wall relic. Damn!

Yeah and that gives me both of Y'sholta's which basically makes her my best healer forever between stoneskin and medica. I guess Rinoa is now for sure my best black mage though I'm swimming in 5 star mage gear. I didn't choose mage meta mage meta chose me apparently

MrDaravon

Still not sure what I want to do for pulls, have 200 mythril.

The only relics I have from any of the banners are two from the 4th one (Lullaby Rod & Rune Axe), so the 4th banner seems like probably not the best idea with my limited mythril. My highest level/main party right now is Cloud/Gilgamesh/Wakka/Vivi/Lenna, so Banner 2 seems like a no brainer for sure, but not sure what else I want to do besides that. I could just do one pull on banners 1/2/3/5, I could do a full 11 pull on banner 2 and just do a 3 pull on the others...decisions decisions.

I really want to see if I can go 0/66 lol

Edit: Did the 100-gem pull, got a 3* dagger sigh

Now at 18 pulls my luck has been:

15 3*
1 4*
2 5*

While it's falk.jpg to track, I track it mostly just to see how much money I've put into the game since this is the only thing I drop real money on.

Kaiterra

Banned
Heh, used the 5 mythril I got from running 5 rounds of VoM in a blind grab at Cardinal and got a second Thyrus. Meanwhile a friend got two Cardinals and we both wish we could trade. :p

I should probably retry Heretic Hojo now that I got Thyrus. Stoneskin II would solve the problems I was having pretty handily.

100 gems and 100 mythril later i scored

one 5* Assassin's Dagger from VI

kill me

I'm sorry

Tidus-Hugs-Yuna-In-The-Sad-Final-Fantasy-10-Ending.gif

MrDaravon

Also realistically even though I've got probably 15 or so characters still not unlocked I should use a Soul to unlock Warrior since there's literally no other way to get him now right? Like, even if he sucks there being literally zero way to get him otherwise now seems like I should get him?

Kaiterra

Banned
Also realistically even though I've got probably 15 or so characters still not unlocked I should use a Soul to unlock Warrior since there's literally no other way to get him now right? Like, even if he sucks there being literally zero way to get him otherwise now seems like I should get him?

Eh, there'll always be more Hero Souls.

MrDaravon

Fuck, I totally forgot about there being a FFV banner in the middle of all this too. God damn it.

I've got Lenna at like 63 right now and Gilgamesh at like 60 both in my main party, I might have to try to budget an 11 pull on that banner. Fuck.

GAMERG0D

I haven't attempted to get some RM from the ones in the elite dungeons such as Richard's. So I might use the event items to get some of those but I only know of his that is really good.

ccbfan

Got a cardinal from an 11 pull which is my second most wanted item in this banner. So happy there.

Really want to pull again though since my most wanted item I think the game is thyrus.

Got Thyrus. My current RW is Boon Gun. With the growing number of hastega and shell limit breaks, I am assuming Stoneskin is more valuable to my followers. Any disagreement?

Gravijah

4X11 pulls and I ended up with Golden Lance, Wyrmfang, Wyrmfang, Wyrmfang... Skycutter and Thyrus. Hope and Vanille are awesome so I'd like to use 'em both with Y'shtola, but I feel like I don't have the orbs/hones for a mage meta right now.

Czarcasm

I got screwed this event so far

Have Edward's Weapon, no Memory Crystal
100 Gem Pull, got Shear Trigger, it's nice but I'm good on swords right now
4 11 Pulls, got a 3rd Danjuro, a Dark Helm and 2 Skycutters.
Also got no 5*s on the Beginner's Banner (I chose Tyro's Book, though I wouldn't have minded drawing the Healing Book as I could have made a 5*++)

All I was asking for was a Wall or AoE Heal and ended up with a cheap dagger, a crap Helm and 2 copies of a weapon for a character I never use.

LucaMac

There's a shield for Rikku coming up in the FFX banner after holidays that gives +RES/+ATK. I think it should stack with HOTE since that is +DEF/+ATK effectively giving you a boost to both RES and DEF and a large boost to ATK.

Holy moly. That would stack with Planet Protector as well. Anybody with the three of those could probably just walk around double cutting everything for thee damage limit with white mages.

Balphon

I scraped 50 mythril together for the Rinoa banner and got all 3*. Puts me at one 5* in my last 45 pulls.

Have to turn that luck around sometime.

Fuck. Spent another 50 mythril chasing Thyrus and got Dark Helm. rip.

I've spent 400 mythril on banners with it and don't have it either. :p

Jyrii

Banned
I seem to have all characters already unlocked. So I probably should just change the Soul of a hero to exp egg right?

Any suggestions which characters I should use the MC1 and MC2 for?

It isn't just Edward, Firion and Ignus missing from the MC1 list but also Arc and Refia (hurr hurr better remove the FFIII characters as that event never happened).

For all the teasing the game did before UI update of saying "not enough" for Firion and Edward on the break level cap screen...

The DeNA response:
Set as designed? Bullshit. Why would you be missing two FFIII characters who get their MC1 through dungeons? Why would you have one of the featured relics be for a character who is never going to get a MC (maybe if we get a Yang FFIV event in the future or something)? I really don't want to pull banner 5 now even if I do need the selphie stick (due to all other AoE healing falling flat) as I might end up with a second dud relic (I have Firion's Axe).

I swear the only time DeNA admit to making mistakes is when the game crashes.

Done the first two MC2 battles. I'd recommend taking Renewing Cure for Carry Armor over Curaga.

As far as MC1 usage goes, given i'm a late boomer i am using mine on Pecil, Aeris, Rinoa and Garnet given their MC1s dont come back for some time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When Klab screwed up, they just gave everyone who did a big draw 50 loveca (the equivalent of 50 mythril) as compensation (or more if you did more than one). You'd think they'd do the same here.

I got 1 mythril just now for logging it, compensation? I only did a 100 gem draw on the banner though.

Also where the **** are these bonus battle quests. I want to start farming Summon Orbs exclusively in next phase so probably going to skip the quests if they are just for Rosetta Stones.

Which of these five banners should I be prioritising?

I'd say the current one is decent if you want Mage Gear and it also has Thyrus on it which is essential mitigation.

I got 1 mythril just now for logging it, compensation? I only did a 100 gem draw on the banner though.

Also where the **** are these bonus battle quests. I want to start farming Summon Orbs exclusively in next phase so probably going to skip the quests if they are just for Rosetta Stones.

1 free mythril better not be the only compensation for those who spent lots of $$$ chasing an item that wasn't actually boosted :|

Jyrii

Banned
I did another 11 pull on this banner. I got three 4* items and Wyrmfang, which I really wanted since I had no AoE heal before. Hoped for Cardinal also, but I think I won't make another pull on this banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom