• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

Goddamn it game, I already have Skycutter. Oh well, at least I got Bard Bracelet too.

Only enough for one more 50 pull, i think I will save it for #5.

Anyone beat Omega yet? It is pretty tricky. I got him down to about 10% then he blasted me for about 3900 party wide with Atomic Ray. Definitely feels beatable though.

Going with a full mage party - Tellah using Stop + Reflect (have his SB which was handy) and Y'Shtola with Mental Breakdown and Renewing Cure. Though the latter ability seems kinda useless as he is either doing nothing at all due to Stop or hits harder than you can actually heal through. Maybe swap that for Esuna so my Breakdowns don't miss.

The casters I chose were Terra, Rydia and Vivi as they are the highest level and gave them Thundaja, Thundaga, Ramuh + Thundara.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone beat Omega yet? It is pretty tricky. I got him down to about 10% then he blasted me for about 3900 party wide with Atomic Ray. Definitely feels beatable though.

Going with a full mage party - Tellah using Stop + Reflect (have his SB which was handy) and Y'Shtola with Mental Breakdown and Renewing Cure. Though the latter ability seems kinda useless as he is either doing nothing at all due to Stop or hits harder than you can actually heal through. Maybe swap that for Esuna so my Breakdowns don't miss.

The casters I chose were Terra, Rydia and Vivi as they are the highest level and gave them Thundaja, Thundaga, Ramuh + Thundara.

I was just going to post. Since I have no spells and I just don't the massive hoard of 4* black orbs to make high level Thundagas (I'm hoping the spell deconstruction will let me just change 4* spells into other 4* spells for "free"), I went retameta as usual.

If you can get Stop to stick on your opening turn, the fight becomes trivial. Two of your white mages keep sticking Stop on Omega, while Cloud goes to town with Advance. He always uses Flash first (at least for me), so bring a Blindna for Cloud in case your Stop doesn't stick before he lands that attack. But if you can do it, and RNG is on your side inasmuch as you don't miss any Stops, this is a quick and dirty hacky solution.

Having your own wall is great since you can bring pp or advance or hote as your friend summon and have all bases covered. The only problem is unless you get another full sb charge you can die really quickly once that first wall ends :( #firstworldproblems

Edit: anyone else not get the normal daily log in or winter login today?

Edit 2: the winter gifts are all ff7 synergy

Falk.jpg

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Looks like the daily login bonus is broken. I just jumped on and only got Mog Mythril Stash and my roaming warrior bonus. Glanced on reddit and looks like its a common issue.

Looks like anyone who pulled before the mistake is getting 20% reimbursed as mythril. Got 11 mythril in my box just now (did an 11 pull and 100 gem)

MicH

21 free mythril that I was not counting on getting. That's pretty nice.

I hope they fix the login bonus soon. The free Christmas items look pretty nice. All VII synergy thiugh. I'm probably going for the Candle Rod as I have no VII rods/staves

Falk

that puzzling face
Edit: anyone else not get the normal daily log in or winter login today?

Looks like the daily login bonus is broken. I just jumped on and only got Mog Mythril Stash and my roaming warrior bonus. Glanced on reddit and looks like its a common issue.

Probably working as intended a ha ha ha ha ha

God

They listed the wrong items in the info box for the first draw, used the Japanese list instead of the global one.

Like this is the third time I've mentioned QA in as many pages, but holy wow. I get that things slip through, but this is hardly the first time we've had significantly wrong info pushed out. You'd think after a while, considering what a hassle it is to dispense the reimbursement/etc. that there'd be a neat concise checklist of "hi guys remember to make sure all these things are fine!" at some point.

Add that to the fact that some of the differences on Global still make close to no sense, and yeah, it's really, really disheartening opening the app in what's supposed to actually be a festive season.

Oh well, not gonna complain about free Mythril!

Did Omega again (why not, 1 stam lol) with a different setup, lost 1 action instead of 1 damage.

I don't think I can actually 9-medal this (without my sanity running out on Stop RNG - stars have to align at some point)

MrDaravon

Fucking great, I got a whole 1 mythril for my 100-gem pull. Because those are equivalent values.

Also totally kicking myself for not doing any sort of 3 or 11 pull last night on this banner. God damn it.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Did a 11 pull last night and got a Thyrus, which I already had one of. Besides the now two Thyruses (Thyrusi?), I have:

Healer's Robe
Polymorph Rod
Magistral Rod
Sleipnir's Tail
Gravity Rod++

Plus a bunch of other random 4*+ and 3*++ mage gear. Is there any reason not to combine the two Thyruses?

GordonShumway

Neo Member
What other MND sticks do you have?

Sometimes you may want to run a healer and a Diaga nuke.

I don't have too many fancy staves. Sage's Saff (65 MND) & Light Staff (64 MND) are the highest after Thryus, but the Magistral & Polymorph rods both have over 100 MND. I figure I have enough to cover anything I need already.

Edit: And I'll most likely grab the holiday staff on Christmas.

MrDaravon

Hmm, looking at this VoM breakdown on reddit I think I'm going to do:

Souls: Warrior (Core), Y'shtola, Thancred and not sure on 4th (thinking Balthier)
MC1: Paladin Cecil, Y'shtola, Thancred and not sure on 4th (thinking Terra)
MC2: I have NONE of these MC2's sadly. Cloud is a given, but not sure what I want to do past that....assuming I can even clear the 110 difficulty on these events for this >_>

Still sitting down and trying to math out how I want to spend mythril (I only have 202); looking at the FFV 2nd banner I think I've got to do an 11-pull on that one for sure (especially since I'm using both Lenna and Gilgamesh), and I'm definitely doing an 11 pull on the 2nd SSB Banner. Banner 1 seems like aIso probably worth an 11 pull. I can probably live with passing on banners 3 & 4 (especially since I already have the Rune Axe/Lullaby Rod), and banner 5 seems like it's also probably something I can pass on (Cutting Trigger is the only really exciting thing there to me).

So I guess I could do 11 pulls on FFV Banner 2, SSB Banner 1 and SSB Banner 2 with enough mythril left over to do a 3 pull on SSB Banners 3-5 or something maybe. Hmm. Really wish I had 250 mythril instead of 200 :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there any reason not to grab the staff, honestly? The dagger and the bracer seem kind of pointless.

Hmm, looking at this VoM breakdown on reddit I think I'm going to do:

Souls: Warrior, Y'shtola, Thancred and not sure on 4th (thinking Balthier)
MC1: Paladin Cecil, Y'shtola, Thancred and not sure on 4th (thinking Terra)
MC2: I have NONE of these MC2's sadly. Cloud is a given, but not sure what I want to do past that....assuming I can even clear the 110 difficulty on these events for this >_>

Still sitting down and trying to math out how I want to spend mythril (I only have 202); looking at the FFV 2nd banner I think I've got to do an 11-pull on that one for sure (especially since I'm using both Lenna and Gilgamesh), and I'm definitely doing an 11 pull on the 2nd SSB Banner. Banner 1 seems like aIso probably worth an 11 pull. I can probably live with passing on banners 3 & 4 (especially since I already have the Rune Axe/Lullaby Rod), and banner 5 seems like it's also probably something I can pass on (Cutting Trigger is the only really exciting thing there to me).

So I guess I could do 11 pulls on FFV Banner 2, SSB Banner 1 and SSB Banner 2 with enough mythril left over to do a 3 pull on SSB Banners 3-5 or something maybe. Hmm. Really wish I had 250 mythril instead of 200 :(

You want Tyro and Cloud, because of their RM2s. At that point, you probably want Rinoa since she's the only black mage. And then... I guess it's up to you.
If you have a good retameta ready to go, the 110s are kind of trivial to at least complete (mastering is another matter).
The ff14 characters seem kind of pointless unless you get their gear though.

MicH

Rinoa will be the only black mage who can reach level 80 for quite a while. Of the MC2s available I feel Tidus is the weakest character by far even if the FFX Misfortune is coming soon and his RM3 is excellent for SB spamming

For me after Tifa's memory crystal my question is which of my elite back log memory crystals do I want to have now? I guess the ones added most recently make the most sense since those dungeons are the hardest so I can take my time clearing them. Here are the memory crystals I need to get from elites

Warrior of Light
Maria
Leon
Gordon
Richter
Spellblade
Red Mage
Dragoon
Dark Knight
Ranger
Ninja
Gladiator

Any advice on which 3 to prioritize either based upon how difficult their dungeon is or how good their memory crystal is?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Spellblade isn't in yet I think. But all of them are obtainable if you use retameta.

(Have I told you guys that retameta is the only way I can beat the game? lol)

sigh decided to use my pulls on this one since I already had Squall and Seph SSB...and got jack. Soldier Armor, gladius, and zantsuken after 33 items =(

Spellblade isn't in yet I think. But all of them are obtainable if you use retameta.

Looking at spellblade memory crystal right now, dunno if its available from elites but its available from vale of memories

GordonShumway

Neo Member

Looking at spellblade memory crystal right now, dunno if its available from elites but its available from vale of memories

Spellblade's memory crystal is part of the last dungeon update that went out a few days ago. His RMs are the spellblade version of the black mage/white mage/summoner ones, so pretty useful if you plan on using spellblades a lot.

Spellblade's memory crystal is part of the last dungeon update that went out a few days ago. His RMs are the spellblade version of the black mage/white mage/summoner ones, so pretty useful if you plan on using spellblades a lot.

Yeah just checked the flow chart and the last 4 memory crystals from dungeons updates are

Spellblade
Dragoon
Leon
Dark Knight

Which record materia between dragoon, leon, and dk is the worst? Always getting an ability refresh is worth it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Looking at spellblade memory crystal right now, dunno if its available from elites but its available from realm of memories
Yeah, on my list it says Event only right now.

Ahhh, that's why I don't see it. I haven't bothered with the new dungeons yet.

I wish you could save these blank crystals for future use, but I guess that'd making things too easy or something.

Which record materia between dragoon, leon, and dk is the worst? Always getting an ability refresh is worth it
DK's RM2 is a chance to drain with attack.
Dragoon's RM2 is a free dragoon move per battle iirc.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's the thing, I expect all of them to be kind of garbage... which means the rod is the one to get. Unless it's MAG/MND value is like 3* level.

Eh, I STILL use Witch's Hat a lot (used it for my 2nd Omega clear). Never touched Pumpkin though. So yeah, it's all about the utility SB in this case too.

Spellblade MC is defo also in DU16 somewhere.

Valus

Did a 11* pull last night, I got very lucky.

Cardinal
Sheer Trigger
Yuna's Staff (damage SB instead of healing, but w/e)
Gladius (XII)

I thought this event was supposed to have unique SB drops only? I guess not...got 10 Mythril back for that pull this morning, definitely not complaining.

For the event, I think I'm going with...

Warrior, Firion, Balthier, and either Edward/Tellah/Golbez...getting them all in a month so it doesn't matter, but I don't think I'm missing any other characters.

MC1's: P. Cecil, Rinoa, Aerith, & either Firion or Tidus (Only considering Tidus since I'll have his MC2, but I should be getting his MC1 fairly soon if I choose to wait it out).

Balphon

Nice of them to give me 10 mythril so I could get 13 3* items from that pull instead of 11.

Would have preferred they left it alone and given me the now-broken login bonus.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
rjjryGp.png

Saw that on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3xssqy/i_had_to_do_one_more_11x_pull/

I didn't think that was possible. lol

Czarcasm

Got back enough mythril for one more 11 pull, should I do it?
For reference, in the last 4 I got:
My 3rd Danjuro (Since then combined into my first 5*++)
A Dark Helm
2 Skycutters (I never use Hope)

I've been pulling a lot on this banner as I need a Wall or non Rune Blade AoE Heal

MrDaravon

Is there any reason not to grab the staff, honestly? The dagger and the bracer seem kind of pointless.

You want Tyro and Cloud, because of their RM2s. At that point, you probably want Rinoa since she's the only black mage. And then... I guess it's up to you.
If you have a good retameta ready to go, the 110s are kind of trivial to at least complete (mastering is another matter).
The ff14 characters seem kind of pointless unless you get their gear though.

I actually haven't had to mess with retameta since very early on, but for these higher difficulty events I'll probably need to since I'm not sure I can do them "normally". I've got Cloud at 65 so can just set him up for it.

The FF14 character choices are because according to that reddit post we are the farthest away from Thancred/Y'shtola being available again (3+ months) out of my missing characters. I actually already do have the 5* Thancred dagger (although that's probably not worth pulling for him specifically), and I'm doing a pull on Banner 1 here since I don't have any "wall" SB's so in theory if I wind up getting Y'shtola's relic there that would work out. Assuming that post is correct the only other really far away characters to unlock other than the FF14 duo is Locke and Paladin Cecil and I have both of them. I'll grab Warrior (Core) just because there's no way to unlock him now since he was the Day (week?) One bonus. Not sure on my 4th character, the only other characters I don't have other than Warrior/FF14 duo are: Firion, Ingus, Edward, Tellah, Fusoya, Golbez, Vaan, Balthier, Ashe, Devout, Samurai, Dark Knight, Spellblade and Viking. I'd be tempted to pull Golbez since I do have the Rune Axe, but he's apparently coming around again in the next month. Out of the remaining options I'm thinking Balthier since he apparently got buffed (maybe not in global yet?) and is looking good now, plus he's Balthier. Also when I do get around to having the Mythril to pull on the beginner banner I'm probably going to wind up either going with his 5* or Luneth's depending.

My MC1 choices are based again on that reddit post stating "Paladin Cecil, Gilgamesh, Locke, Mog, Lulu, Vanille, Y'shtola and Thancred's MCs will not be available again in the known future." I have MC1s already for Locke, Mog, Lulu, Gilgamesh & Vanille, so out of that list that just leaves Paladin Cecil, Y'shtola and Thancred. People on reddit are also recommending Paladin Cecil anyway since his MC2 is available now as of this event. I'm tempted to get Terra's as my 4th choice as her MC1 is apparently ~2 months out from coming around again, and Terra is my bae; I'm currently using Vivi as my BM since I had his MC, but I'd much rather use her. This gets into practical problem territory for me though where I really want to use Terra, but I acknowledge Rinoa is the only BM that can hit 80 right now and I don't have Rinoa's 1st or 2nd MC. I might hedge my bets a bit by grabbing both Terra and Rinoa's, and only grabbing one of the FF14 character's MC1's based on if I get Y'shtola's relic in banner 1 or not.

MC2's I'm not worrying about too much yet, I'll worry about it when I'm actually able to get any of them lol. Rinoa makes the most sense logically behind Cloud who I've had sitting at 65 for a while now, then Tyro, then whoever I guess.

Edit: I think after I burn my current stamina I'm gonna do an 11 pull. Can I make 0/66 happen???

Aye looks like the way to go is Advance/Retaliate for Omega. First time i've had to use it in a very long time, sadly even with R4 lightning spells across the party his insane res. made it too difficult to get the damage out reliably. Even then, Stop misses half the time it feels like!

Oh well, Mastered and out the way at least!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, if you get the Thyrus then it's a nobrainer to get the FF14 healer. But unless you don't want anyone else, you shouldn't get her just because she's not obtainable. You won't use her, assuming you already have other white mages like Vanille or Aerith (or you are planning to pull her robe from the beginner draw).

Although I guess it depends if you're trying to catch them all or not. lol

MrDaravon

Well, if you get the Thyrus then it's a nobrainer to get the FF14 healer. But unless you don't want anyone else, you shouldn't get her just because she's not obtainable. You won't use her, assuming you already have other white mages like Vanille or Aerith (or you are planning to pull her robe from the beginner draw).

Although I guess it depends if you're trying to catch them all or not. lol

Yeah realistically I don't know that I'd even use Y'shtola, unless maybe I get her Wall SB from banner 1 and I _don't_ get Lenna's SB from the 2nd FFV banner. Realistically it's not like I'm probably going to use most of any of these people anyway, so just playing a numbers game here more or less.

Edit: The 0/66 dream is dead! Did an 11 pull on banner 1, got....Gladius and Bard's Bracelet. Ehhhhhh. Bracelet's not bad but FFIV is one of the only two realms where I'm not really hurting for armor RS. Gladius isn't terrible but it's a dagger, and on top of that it's a FF12 one. I might wind up tempting fate with a 3 pull or something on this banner again, reallllly would like get the Cardinal as that would cement me putting in Rinoa over Vivi/Terra for sure.

Czarcasm

Decided to go for one last pull
7 3*s
1 4*
Gladius
Adamant Bangle
and
!!!THYRUS!!!

Ok, I'm happy now (stll would have liked Ed's MC though)

I have 3 Mythril to my name at the moment with nothing to show for 150 spent on Shadow/Sephiroth banners. I tend not to overthink my draws and just pull on whatever sounds cool and has stuff for characters I like. Even if you save up 300 Mythril for a banner luck can be against you and you'll get nothing.

MrDaravon

I have 3 Mythril to my name at the moment with nothing to show for 150 spent on Shadow/Sephiroth banners. I tend not to overthink my draws and just pull on whatever sounds cool and has stuff for characters I like. Even if you save up 300 Mythril for a banner luck can be against you and you'll get nothing.

Yeah pretty much. Went ahead and did a 3 pull and got shit, 3 3* FF12 weapons. And sadly on my 11 pull I only got 3 4* items, and all of them were garbage ones I already had 3+ of before (I seriously don't know why the game keeps giving me FFV bows and FF12 hammers). Getting constantly screwed on my 4* drops is actually probably more annoying than not getting any 5* items, since if I don't get any 5*s and the 4*s are garbage I basically got nothing from the pull, most of the time the existing 4+/5* items I have are going to be better than any 3++ items I have, even with RS (or close to it). If I was getting okay or at least not trash 4* items that'd be a decent consolation prize.

Meier

I very rarely get super far in the events but ended up beating Hojo's Laboratory after using 2 mythril against Jenova. I'd really like to get the Sephiroth crystal II. How insanely difficult is is Hojo?

Balphon

I very rarely get super far in the events but ended up beating Hojo's Laboratory after using 2 mythril against Jenova. I'd really like to get the Sephiroth crystal II. How insanely difficult is is Hojo?

Very easy as far as those fights go. You can just paralyze the adds and wail on him.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did more pulls with the extra Mythril and got jack shit. I am salty.
lulz

This was me after 150 mythril on Lightning's banner. Since then, I just decided to horde mythril because retameta just works.

Retameta worked wonders. lol
Although admittedly I have SG up for mitigation now.

(I feel like I'm not learning how to play the game at all by using the same strategy for every single fight, but I still don't feel like I'd be able to catch up otherwise so... yeah)

Meier

Retameta worked wonders. lol
Although admittedly I have SG up for mitigation now.

(I feel like I'm not learning how to play the game at all by using the same strategy for every single fight, but I still don't feel like I'd be able to catch up otherwise so... yeah)

I am super casual about playing (no 5* abilities still which is kind of sad) so I didn't really know this was a thing but I just googled it and found the reddit thread explaining it. I'll have to give it a shot if a traditional attempt doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom