• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used Cloud, Cecil, and Barret for all of the event quests. Hojo was a little messy and Cecil died towards the end, but Cloud was basically able to handle it by himself with Drain Strike from there. Cloud had Drain Strike and Pound. Barret with Magic Breakdown and Full Break. Cecil with Curaga and Draw Fire. Used that for pretty much every battle since it was working fine, plus whatever form of Shellga RW I had in the queue (Aura or Boon).

LucaMac

After great luck with Thyrus, decided to give it a shot at Planet Protector on the Sephiroth Banner. One 3*, two 3*, three 3*, four 3*, five 3*, sixth pull, a 5*. Yes. I'm happy already, anything from the banner I'll take it. Celebration begins.

When it opens, a goddam fucking Golden Spear (VI)......Didn't even know this shit existed........ 1) a spear, who does hell even uses spear? 2) from FFVI, where I already have like a billion weapons; 3) with no soul breaks at all, what's the point of this thing? 4) not even a featured relic so I should consider "lucky" pulling a 0.0001% chance item; 5) did I say it's a spear?

I pulled 3 of those...the 5++ murders things with Gilgemesh as it has the highest attack of anything I have including 5+ Blazefire Sabre and other unique weapons and in VI realms its a beast, but still. It was sotting there with a stupidly high attack and rarely used until Gilgemesh came along. I felt that pain three times. To be fair it was featured one of those times.

MicH

Did the ++ Sephiroth 3-man event quest with Cloud, Red XIII and Aerith (with PP). Wasn't too hard. Not sure if I really want to do the boss rush one though. I'd rather spend all my stamina in the orb fest now that Summon orbs are here

Jyrii

Banned
All of them :p

These are the strategies I used, but they might not work for you if you don't have the necessary skills.

Cecil (IV)
Retaliate-meta, Draw Fire, Shellga. RW: Advance

Carry Armor (VII)
Every AoE attack you have to get rid of the arms first and then every lightning attack RW: AoE Heal or SG

Behemoth (VIII)
Retaliate-meta, Shellga, Full Break. RW: Advance

Sand Worm (X)
2 Spellblade users (ice, water, magic break, mental break), 2 mages (ice, water), 1 healer (shellga, curaja). RW: AoE Heal (preferably Hymn of Faith)

Falk

that puzzling face
Did the ++ Sephiroth 3-man event quest with Cloud, Red XIII and Aerith (with PP). Wasn't too hard. Not sure if I really want to do the boss rush one though. I'd rather spend all my stamina in the orb fest now that Summon orbs are here

It's 20 stam for a Rosetta Stone.

edit: can't read captain

As its Summon Orb phase again:

SPWFVyw.jpg

I feel like I don't really need summon orbs, like I have valefor at 3 and carbuncle at 2 and Bahamut won't be useful for awhile so what the heck do I need a sea of summon orbs for?

I've found Alexander to be kinda useful also as I wasn't using the Greater Holy Orbs for much else so it wasn't directly competing with Valefor for honing materials. Not much resists Holy damage either from what I can see.

So I pulled in banner one and I got.... Nothing.

Literally 11 3* relics. Fourth time in a row.

Not my lucky day.

I even waited in pulling the first banner, because until I actually used Thyrus/stone skin 2 in the FFVII 110 stage I was unconvinced there was enough in there for me to pull.

Lame. Only 20 mythril to go to the next pull...

MicH

What does Ultros do? Also is there any reason to make Maduin over a second valefor?
If you want to craft Barrage you can go Maduin over Valefor. I'd probably go for a second Valefor if I hadn't created Maduin early on. Ultros is really useful If you can boost your MAG and take advantage of all the hits

Spocker

I feel like I don't really need summon orbs, like I have valefor at 3 and carbuncle at 2 and Bahamut won't be useful for awhile so what the heck do I need a sea of summon orbs for?

This months chamber of abyss in Japan is a summon based one, so even if you don't use the orbs right now, stack up on them, because you'll need several rank 5 honed summons (3* and 4*) to be able to do it.

Falk

that puzzling face
For me, doing Valefor + Maduin instead of 2xV had just as much to do with every awesome ability under the sun using 4* wind as it had to do with Barrage.

LucaMac

This months chamber of abyss in Japan is a summon based one, so even if you don't use the orbs right now, stack up on them, because you'll need several rank 5 honed summons (3* and 4*) to be able to do it.

Yea I had a look at it and I've no summons in my Japan game yet. Battle conditions are don't use black magic and don't use physical attacks against Bahamut Zero. Very limited other ways to do such damage.

Is it even possible to beat Omega Weapon without stop? Like say you whaled super hard to get 5++ everything and had maxed abilities could it reasonably be done or is stop mandatory to not be overwhelmed?

Falk

that puzzling face
You need to RNG him not using Wave Cannon. Mitigation/etc are the same to be quite honest, just with slightly harder numbers.

He has insane res, but only 2/3 the HP of regular superbosses (180 vs ~250k) so a 6666 is == a 9999 in normal conditions. More is gravy to help avoid RNG.

Totally doable with mage meta with a shit ton of savescumming.

edit: Actually someone on reddit did this already. Shit ton of SB lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3xxuee/omega_full_medals_without_stop/

Falk

that puzzling face
Was thinking Lightning's Enthunder SB (month or so out) with Barrage would be all kinds of hilarious for Omega.

MrDaravon

Ughhhh, between fucked up work scheduling tonight and tomorrow I'm barely going to get to touch this orb phase, I just now finished running through it on all difficulties for the first time. Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Edit: Vale of Memories is up through the 31st I believe correct? I did the first 2 difficulties of each VoM, and I did Dark Cecil okay, but things went....poorly on the 110 difficulty FF7 boss lol. Would prefer to go back and revisit those last 3 bosses during the weapon/armor mat phase of orbfest if possible; even though I actually do need mats (I'm pretty much out and am spending 200 mythril on pulls over a week or two here) that's a much lower priority compared to orbs and getting these MC2's.

Balphon

You need to RNG him not using Wave Cannon. Mitigation/etc are the same to be quite honest, just with slightly harder numbers.

He has insane res, but only 2/3 the HP of regular superbosses (180 vs ~250k) so a 6666 is == a 9999 in normal conditions. More is gravy to help avoid RNG.

Totally doable with mage meta with a shit ton of savescumming.

edit: Actually someone on reddit did this already. Shit ton of SB lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3xxuee/omega_full_medals_without_stop/

Focus, Boon, SG, Hymn of the Fayth and Heroic Harmony.

Sounds about right.

Falk

that puzzling face
Focus, Boon, SG, Hymn of the Fayth and Heroic Harmony.

Sounds about right.

I would argue against any healing. If you need to heal, most likely you've already lost damage medals.

edit: Seems the guy had the same idea. Like I said, gotta RNG no Wave Cannon.

Boon + SG + an offensive SB like Focus is pretty much a requirement though (any of those 3 can be substituted with RW)

ccbfan

Banner 1 (My quest for Thyrus) destroyed me. 6 11 rolls and 300 mythrils later.

First 11 row got me a cardinal. Nice 2nd most wanted relic.
2nd row nothing
3rd row nothing.
4th row got Wyrm. Nice 3rd most wanted roll. Finally got a healer weapon.
5th row nothing.
6th row got, Hope Boomerang and Gold shield.

Total 4/66

So after 144 rolls. I have a total of 0 physical weapons. Its like the game is begging me to go mage meta.

What the best banner for some physical weapons?

Balphon

I would argue against any healing. If you need to heal, most likely you've already lost damage medals.

edit: Seems the guy had the same idea. Like I said, gotta RNG no Wave Cannon.

Boon + SG + an offensive SB like Focus is pretty much a requirement though (any of those 3 can be substituted with RW)

Focus has that RES component that would make it particularly helpful against Omega.

And you're right, Wave Cannon would screw the medal count pretty fast if you were going for mastery.

ccbfan

Supposedly Banner 2, releasing later today, is the best if you're looking for Physical weapons. If you're going to pull on it, good luck!

I guess I'll used the rest of my myths on that banner and hope for a SG also.

I don't like rolling without rolling Relic Rolls implemented yet but as someone who started a couple months ago. I need more equipments.

Plus don't really like this crappy meta where you need a

Wall
Hastega
Mass Party ATK up.

or your party can't do end game stuff without resorting to reta meta.

Balphon

Plus don't really like this crappy meta where you need a

Wall
Hastega
Mass Party ATK up.

or your party can't do end game stuff without resorting to reta meta.

You really don't. The only one of those I have is Lunatic High, I don't even bring Red most of the time, and I've cleared everything without ever using "retaliate meta."

Hell, folks on reddit clear the stuff with 5 core characters. :)

ccbfan

You really don't. The only one of those I have is Lunatic High, I don't even bring Red most of the time, and I've cleared everything without ever using "retaliate meta."

Hell, folks on reddit clear the stuff with 5 core characters. :)

I meant you need one of them not all three.

Its basically speed/damage/defense.

You need 2 of 3 (one a helper) to take on most more difficult content (100 Plus) unless you're a crazy whale or have crazy luck and have full realm alignment for every realm.

or

you go reta meta.

LucaMac

Summoned my newly crafted Valefor in Japan as I've eventually got my hands on some greater summon orbs...IT HITS TWICE NOW? My R2 Valefor in Japan now does as much damage as my R4 Valefor in global?...Maybe the multiplier has lowered? Anybody know? I got a fright anyway. Didn't expect that.

Nohar

Summoned my newly crafted Valefor in Japan as I've eventually got my hands on some greater summon orbs...IT HITS TWICE NOW? My R2 Valefor in Japan now does as much damage as my R4 Valefor in global?...Maybe the multiplier has lowered? Anybody know? I got a fright anyway. Didn't expect that.

Same multiplier, but divided in two hits (instead of having, say, one attack with a x8.0 multiplier, you have two with a x4.0 one). Most summons now hit twice.

LucaMac

Same multiplier, but divided in two hits (instead of having, say, one attack with a x8.0 multiplier, you have two with a x4.0 one). Most summons now hit twice.

Cool. Just tested it on the next boss and it does the rough equivalent of an 'aga' that isn't hitting a weakness x2. In this case (The first XII elite story dungeon horse that played with matches boss) it hit for just under 9000 twice. That was after I accidentally wiped out the flans the dungeon before with it before exploiting their weakness. (See above exclamation in cap locks)

I really didn't expect that. I'd seen somebody mention Bahamut, but I just thought the beast himself got a buff.

EDIT: Just got a stamina refresh so I'm off to massacre B'Gammon (or whatever you call the stupid banga) Elite. He won't know what hit him...twice.

Up to 111 stamina in Japan now. Closing in big time. Beat a misfortune boss and all. Reckon I'd take the current IX one too (It's Steiner and I've lv 80 Gilgemesh) except the +++ guy keeps destroying me.

EDIT 2: Wait misfortunes are the 1 stamina ones. A 60 stamina one I meant.

MrDaravon

I have 150 mythril, I'm probably going to wind up pulling twice on Banner 2 tonight unless I get super lucky on my first pull, then save my last 50 for the second FFV Banner

Already praying to RNGesus

Frosteey

Neo Member
Next "great" selection looks like probably Lightning's gun.

Most of the ones after that are pretty solid.

Looks like there are really good V and X banners right before the next soul break spectacular that pretty much have the good new items from the two closer V and X events plus their own newer better items. But at that point you are using all your currencies right before the super spectacular.

But I can't do much more than passively think about things that are so impossibly far in the future. All I know for certain is I will probably put 50 on Lightning and Terra's items.

MrDaravon

I don't think I'm going to be able to do the FF7 110 difficulty boss battle for the MC2, I literally cannot get Shellga off before it gets the first laser shot off, and I just don't have the RS, abilities/hones or right characters/SBs to keep up after that point on both healing or damage. So incredibly fucking frustrating.

Edit: Fuck finally got it, took over an hour of S/L to finally get setup with Shellga, have Cloud get Advance/Boost set up and with everyone not dead so I could keep up with my healer and get Regen off. Jesus Christ. Went from not being able to even come close to just barely getting Champion on it lol

JTran2003

Omega is driving me to fucking distraction. If Stop doesn't land once, I'm fucked, and I have characters in the high 70s doing this.

Same here. I'm skipping it for now and doing the festival event to get more orbs and exp before I try again. Biggest problem is flash starts immediately before I can start anything. My magic group is not all that great either...

MrDaravon

Yeaaaaah, Sand Worm is not gonna happen, hit a wall ten times worse than I did with the Carry Armor. Having virtually zero RS at all (literally just have 3 FFX bracers, one of which is garbage and that is IT for FFX items I have other than the Lullaby Rod) is fucking me pretty bad on this one, even with Shellga up Quake fucking wrecks me, and I keep getting super unlucky with who he keeps swallowing. I'll revisit it before the 31st but I would basically have to get an incredibly lucky series of rounds to pull that one off, might have to just call it at 3 MC2's.

LucaMac

Omega is driving me to fucking distraction. If Stop doesn't land once, I'm fucked, and I have characters in the high 70s doing this.

Have you two white mages with high mind both with at least R4 stop who you can commit to not really doing much else and still be able to do enough damage? Because that's what is needed to remove that headache its giving you. Is it doable without that? Yes...is there any point in driving yourself mental trying to do so? Probably not.

With two you can stagger the stops and wait with a full atb gauge with one just in case the first misses. I mastered it without taking a single hit bar a flash at the start. If you're running mages flash won't matter. If you're retaliating you need to either s/l until you get stop off first (I'd both mine with haste RMs, which helps with this and the fight as a whole.) or equip retaliator with silver glasses. S/ling might still be required until it works.

For some reason I thought the Behemoth fight in vom was against two behemoth so I loaded up all this aoe shit, forgot to bring blind, and completely wasted my time :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom