• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is there anything I can do to prevent Deathgaze elite from instantly death procing my healer? He's seriously done it 3 times in a row :|

Edit: bitch on gaf, deathgaze misses

Negator

Is it possible to beat this guy without wall? lol damn. Once he gets below 50% he just wrecks my face

NOPE. Changing strategy.

Vilifier

Neo Member
I needed plenty of resets to master Exdeath, he kept doing mass dispels which absolutely wrecks my party.

I got the Icebrand sword from the FFV banner, makes it so helpful to have a strong synergy weapon for things like the ultimate battle. From now on I am going to hoard my mythril for banners with SSBs, next one I am interested in is Lightning's gun.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone having network problems today and sporadically even in the last few days?

Kaiterra

Banned
Ohhhhhhhhh yes. Used the rewards from the Big Bridge event in Japan FFRK to do a pull on this BSSB fest banner and got Ramza's Grand Armor, giving me all of his soul breaks. And he and Agrias were finally added to the Hall of Rites there this week too, so I could finally get his MC2, yay!

ZangBa

Damn, I just pulled Thyrus, Gilgamesh's katana and Balthier's other gun. My Japanese account is already more appealing.

Balphon

I have no idea how you guys have the willpower to play both a Japanese and a Global account.

EDIT: Looks like the global new year login bonuses are the same as JP's. The week-long one is up now.

EDIT 2: Hope you all are looking forward to more Fencing Sabres tomorrow. I know I am.

1st pull of 2016
jC4FFMpl.jpg

may the RNG God's be as blessing this year.

Happy New Year guys.

Grzi

So I'm thinking of doing the Beginner's Choice Pull just do I can get the free Relic. Any advice on what I should pick?
The weapons probably all suck anyway, but it'd be nice to have a Buster Sword.

So I'm thinking of doing the Beginner's Choice Pull just do I can get the free Relic. Any advice on what I should pick?

Go for the FF3 or FF12 weapon, or any of the offensive magic rod. Buster Sword is kind of a noob pick it was okay day 1 now there are far too many better FF7 weapons in the game to waste a free pick on Buster Sword

Falk

that puzzling face
Stormlance Grimoire is actually a pretty good (albeit situational) endgame pick if you have HotE or PP. 2x multiplier x 4 hits can easily do 40k on low DEF bosses with a buff up, guaranteed on lightning-vulnerable bosses.

Tyro can also Steal Power on his own without PP, and can use any RS 5* gear you have.

Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to justify for an actual Beginner pull when the free item can help beef up a particular synergy you're having problems with.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can't do the Ultimate or at least I don't have the patience to get the perfect S/L. I think I've officially hit a wall for end game content again.

Jarekx

Just got my mastery on Ultimate. I gave tyro a SB charge RM over Vanille and things went a bit smoother. Didn't really use deprotega( had to use Oerba's boon to heal up after Carbuncle went off) but I didn't need it after getting lucky with a bunch of reflects.

Back to the classic dungeon grind! Dark Bahamut is next...

The last day of Festive Fantasy.

Ah well, onward to Faris and Krile and Exdeath. Tomorrow, haha.

So I'm already at two hundred Mythril, disgustingly ahead for the next Soul Break Celebration. I am thinking of chancing a pull on one of the V banners since I lack any natural 5★ for that realm and it seems like it will be seen more now. Other than that I don't know what I will pull for beyond specials. Yuffie is my favorite character ever, but pulling for one item is a big no-no and I am already choking on VII 5★s anyway. I could use a physical weapon for IX too.

Road

GAF, this is Rolling Gacha.
Rolling Gacha, this is GAF.

1st try on banner -> 2nd try on same banner:
x3snm.png
dsslo.png

Never had 0/11 in Japan, almost had it twice. Terrible fucking timing, too, since it was on Japan's legendary BSSB Banner 4. Wasted 200 mythril on it.

jjsh6.png
ansg7.png
ocsw1.png
hjsti.png

No Bartz BSSB. No Tyro BSSB. No Ramza Scream. No Basch shield... Only crushed hopes and dreams. (Yep, that's a Genji Helm. whatyearisit.jpg)

Speaking of shields, I also tried on the previous banner for Cloud's BSSB:

rssg2.png

Arias' shield is nice (-50% ATK/DEF for 25s) and Ingus' shield is Lunatic High (the bad news is Ingus has only Support 4).

My Japanese account already had better relics, but now it's depressing to open my global account.

(Sorry for the image overload.)

I have no idea how you guys have the willpower to play both a Japanese and a Global account.

EDIT: Looks like the global new year login bonuses are the same as JP's. The week-long one is up now.

EDIT 2: Hope you all are looking forward to more Fencing Sabres tomorrow. I know I am.

I just auto-battle events and use Cloud's BSSB as RW for bosses in Japan . Anything harder than that, nope. Don't do dailies. Don't login everyday. Did just a few story dungeons. The most time consuming thing on this game is setting up parties for fights (in part due to the complicated UI). Don't have time to do that on both versions (which means all my Japanese relics just sit there collecting dust lol).

GAF, this is Rolling Gacha.
Rolling Gacha, this is GAF.

1st try on banner -> 2nd try on same banner:
x3snm.png
dsslo.png

Never had 0/11 in Japan, almost had it twice. Terrible fucking timing, too, since it was on Japan's legendary BSSB Banner 4. Wasted 200 mythril on it.

jjsh6.png
ansg7.png
ocsw1.png
hjsti.png

No Bartz BSSB. No Tyro BSSB. No Ramza Scream. No Basch shield... Only crushed hopes and dreams. (Yep, that's a Genji Helm. whatyearisit.jpg)

Speaking of shields, I also tried on the previous banner for Cloud's BSSB:

rssg2.png

Arias' shield is nice (-50% ATK/DEF for 25s) and Ingus' shield is Lunatic High (the bad news is Ingus has only Support 4).

My Japanese account already had better relics, but now it's depressing to open my global account.

(Sorry for the image overload.)

I just auto-battle events and use Cloud's BSSB as RW for bosses in Japan . Anything harder than that, nope. Don't do dailies. Don't login everyday. Did just a few story dungeons. The most time consuming thing on this game is setting up parties for fights (in part due to the complicated UI). Don't have time to do that on both versions (which means all my Japanese relics just sit there collecting dust lol).

Yeah, it is pretyy demoralizing. Thyrus will help me, but I really needed one of the prime relics featured. Instead 3 armors that weren't on the banner and have no sbs. Between burning mythril on Jp, 165 on banner four, and a bunch of pulls netting me nothing on the v banners in global. Not completing the hardest Jp content anytime soon. Eh

Everyone got a 5 star gun which feels a tad redundant in a world where we all got a 5 star throwing 13 weapon as well.

Yeah, this wasn't well thought out by them. Should have been a XII or VIII gun. I have a vega, so its not that great, but typically I would run lightning from the back row with vega, now I can just have sazh with a much better weapon over that psi com gun from the old event.

Speaking of FFXIII I can't believe DeNA made the same mistake again with Narshe, Part 1 (I'm slightly behind) having blinded by light as the dungeon music...
for those who forgot an FFV dungeon is like that do, I guess they play with music turned off to stop going insane from golden saucer

Kouriozan

Welp, I'm back playing it since the 26th after my ragequit when I spent 100 mythril for Terra's weapon and only got 2 5* armors (it was the 3rd event iirc Cecil->Aerith->Terra)
There is so much to catch up, feel like I'm starting anew, currently at Faris's memory crystal and looks like it'll be the end for me since I'm not strong enough, I only spent 50 mythrils and got Lenna's staff in the second FF V banner though so it's starting well enough. Plus they just gave tons of mythrils, wish I would have come back before Christmas.
Anyway, my current team for the event, swapped Krile with Cloud because of Carbuncle. :

fXAPQuul.jpg

Seriously, there is too much to catch up, it's ironic since we all complained about the lack of content the first month it launched :p

So, is there any tips for people like me? I grinded the festival dungeon and will grind again until it's over and starting to get ready for the FF X event.
And sorry for the long post.

Edit : here are my rarest weapons and armors.
Edit 2 : got Faris's MC, the fight was easy but long, will try Gilgamesh once the festival is over.

Underground waterway is the best bang for your buck stamina:enemy ratio for rm grinding ya? Its conveiently a ff4 realm as well cause that fudger p cecil won't drop his second record materia :(

Underground waterway is the best bang for your buck stamina:enemy ratio for rm grinding ya? Its conveiently a ff4 realm as well cause that fudger p cecil won't drop his second record materia :(
I'd do festival easy. One stamina more but you get upgrade materials. Replace P. Cecil with Spellblade and that is me. Spellblade will also be rolled out to the FFX event if needs be.

broz0rs

If I was just starting the game, and didn't get a ffvii weapon on that beginner pull, I'd select Buster sword because of the sheer amount of ffvii content in the game. Cloud with a 5* synergy sword will roll through content even if you've just started the game with retaliate strategy. Plus that SB doesn't hurt either.

MicH

Mastered Exdeath with mage meta. Even with Boon and SSII his magic did a LOT when he entered his two actions per turn phase

Red Mage

fuck, my 150 mythril on JP turned into a Thyrus, much needed, and 4 non sb 5 star armors. disappointment near total.

I got Tyro's BSSB! I also have Lena's power rod, which is Yell-lite. So now Squall and Tyro are permanent power level members. Anyone know if Full break stacks with Tyro's BSSB? I could see putting Acer on him and equip full break and draw fire then sticking him in the back row with a gun or bow.

Mastered Exdeath with mage meta. Even with Boon and SSII his magic did a LOT when he entered his two actions per turn phase

I found him much easier with mages than advantaliate, with an rs sword, I probably would have fared better, but I was relying on him to fulfill the special requirements, which caused a few sls at the end. I may try a swordspell attack next.

Shouta

Did a single pull and got Thyrus in JP. I really want the Burst for Deshi and Bartz. Can't complain too much though. It's better than nothing, lol

ZangBa

Mastered Exdeath. I used advantalate with 2 White Mages healing almost constantly to deal with the damage. I needed the extra damage from double cuts so I didn't bring steal power and just used protectga for physical damage and it worked out well enough. No way I could do this without the 2 AoE heals I had. Feels gross using Vanille, but at least she died at the end for me. She would have been a lot more useful with summoner 4, but nooooo, I had to bring Tyro to carry Carnbuckle.

I'm afraid of the future ultimate fights.

Negator

FFX event soon. Sigh.

Am I the only one that hates FFX stuff in this game? The bosses are annoying and I don't really care for any of the characters and I have no FFX synergy.

Edit: good lord. Tidus is just worthless now. Why would I ever use him over Bartz or Vaan? His ability selection is abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom