• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

RPGCrazied

About the time thing, is it always running inbetween a mission, or does it just go away when doing a quest? Like can you explore the town, world map without worrying about a time limit?

zennyzz

About the time thing, is it always running inbetween a mission, or does it just go away when doing a quest? Like can you explore the town, world map without worrying about a time limit?

It's more of a "you have this amount of phases to do whatever" kinda like persona months.

But those phases don't count when you're out on the world map.

RPGCrazied

It's more of a "you have this amount of phases to do whatever" kinda like persona months.

But those phases don't count when you're out on the world map.

Doesn't sound so bad. I just really loathe games with time limits. Don't find that enjoyable to be on a set schedule to play a game.

but it was voice acted too :/ how did they get an english speaking actor to just say that?
Well, the VA can't change the line, they have to do it in the way the director tells them to do it.

Personally find the official translation better than the fan translation. Though that's a real issue.

The english voice direction is bad though. Especially since I can feel a lot of these VAs are actually quite good.
I wouldn't know since I'm not playing, so I'm saying based mostly on the story bits I've seen.

And yeah, the VA director is pretty bad for this (a shame too, I didn't think they would find a good voice for Ace, and they did, but he sounds awful).

Doesn't sound so bad. I just really loathe games with time limits. Don't find that enjoyable to be on a set schedule to play a game.

Just think of it closer to Persona than to Lightning Returns.

zennyzz

Well, the VA can't change the line, they have to do it in the way the director tells them to do it.

I wouldn't know since I'm not playing, so I'm saying based mostly on the story bits I've seen.

And yeah, the VA director is pretty bad for this (a shame too, I didn't think they would find a good voice for Ace, and they did, but he sounds awful).

This irked me the most. Cause ace some times sounds amazing... and then the next scene he sounds horrible

Geg

Initial impression after just starting is that the camera isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Honestly it's better than XIII's.

Initial impression after just starting is that the camera isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Honestly it's better than XIII's.

For me the camera control is suitable, it's the damn motion blur that kills my eyes. I wish I could turn it off.

Is anyone playing this on Xbox One able to stream it to twitch? My friend is getting 0x10331196 but is able to stream every other game fine.

is it XII's inverted camera?
It is like KH, but it decides when it wants to pan to your back. Really difficult to dodge around since you cannot see the enemy often.
Much like Crisis Core but L and R doesn't work with camera.
Imagine if Zelda didn't always pan when you lock in. Kind of like that.

I dunno, I'm a duber luber so they aren't all so bad at the very least compared to some shit Compile Heart or Bamco have put out lately, but they could be much better.

Went to purchase my copy from BB at lunch and they screwed up the pricing. I was able to get the game for $33. I had a preorder for DmC:DE that I picked up last week on the same preorder receipt so she scanned it for that price. Thank you Best Buy.

yes the god damn motion blur hurts my eye also is way too much

I think were in the minority though. Most don't seem to have issues with it. What's odd for me is that I don't usually have motion issues or problems in FPS games, etc. This is just killing me. I have to look at his feet when moving the camera around so that I don't get that ill head spinning feeling.

Blitzhex

Can I safely skip all these tasks that are littered around the map and just talk to spend time and go for the main missions?

Weird, got the CE in a package that looked undented but inside the steelbook has been dented near the top of the rear side for about 2/3 the width. Can't unsee LOL!

I think the way these are package in the box, the contents press on the steelbook so it can be dented even if the package itself has no damage whatsoever.

Looks like these are hard to find so wont bother returning since everything else looks good (eg artbook)

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
They kept talking about machina in the beginning of the game, and having just finished final fantasy X recently thought it was that, turns out it was a person haha

CLBridges

Just put about almost two hours into this and already glad I made the purchase. I'm getting used to the battle system (never played kingdom hearts, but heard it's similar) and like it so far and the ability to switch party member lead on the fly (I like the dude with the cards atm, can't recall his name atm). That opening scenario was pretty slick and then on top of that, the chocobo :(

Feels good to be diving into a new final fantasy title (new to me lol) on the PS4.

Soriku

What? All of those are better in the HD version though...

The guitar, drums, and some of the nuances are inferior.

The tracks aren't bad, but they're not as good as the PSP version. The only improvement is that the chanting in Servants of the Crystal is more pronounced.

This is waaayyyy darker than I expected.
Like, it's dark even outside of Final Fantasy standards.

yeah, agreed. I liked the intro a lot, though.

So about the whole timing to instant kill enemies... if I'm holding down square to attack (with Ace for example) and the red trigger thing pops up, do I let go of Square and then press it again when the beep happens or what? Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

Top Bottom