• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Wagram

How hard is the actual hard setting. I'm looking to be abused but I want to know if its a fair setting which I can learn from my mistakes or if its simply a "more hp/lower dmg" type thing.

SougoXIII

How hard is the actual hard setting. I'm looking to be abused but I want to know if its a fair setting which I can learn from my mistakes or if its simply a "more hp/lower dmg" type thing.

The enemy level get +30, so it's basically more hp/1hitko. You can already die pretty easily in normal mode if you don't pay attention.

zennyzz

Hard is just a level up. The enemy AI is already good at murdering you pretty easily in Normal mode. Hard's pretty much proving that you have enough skill that HP and stat difference means nothing to you, you're just that good at reacting.

MilkBeard

Really digging the credits theme. Nice vocals. So far I'm really impressed with the presentation of the game. Everyone saying "oh this is an ugly PSP game" and yet I can see a decent looking game, at least in terms of visual design. It may not be at next gen quality, but it's definitely not terrible.

Cloudy

Banned
Woah at the intro. I know it's rated M but man!

Looking good so far but man this camera is horrific. Way too jerky and it's messing with my eyes

I'm wishing the camera had a sensitivity setting

I feel they need to patch it in somehow

Type 0 is a lot darker and more serious than I remember it to be

Also I discovered that there's no actual pause menu the hard way when I had to answer the door, came back to a game over screen. Wonderful

There is a pause menu if i'm not mistaken, it says PAUSE next to it

Hugstable

Banned
What's up with the blur when using the camera? Like the camera isn't an issue, it's that damn blur that turns on whenever you use it. The game looks fine on it's own, it didn't need this much blur on it.

Is there any chance that they could ever fix this in a patch or do you think they will just leave it as it is? Like even just a toggle to turn down that blur a bit, cause damn it's crazy.

Korosenai

How do I get rid of SP Units? I just played my first mission, and two of my party members turned into sp units and wouldn't go away. Was pretty annoying.

Cloudy

Banned
Has anyone tried to play this with Remote Play? Something weird is going on. When my Vita connects to my PS4, Type-0 doesn't show up on my menu. A fully playable version of Yakuza Ishin does, however.

This is just baffling. I have no idea how to explain this.

I didn't get Yakuza but the game looks much nicer on the vita.

I was looking at the OP, and I apologize in advance if this has been asked multiple times, but can I switch difficulty levels in game, and is there a disadvantage to playing Cadet?

zennyzz

I was looking at the OP, and I apologize in advance if this has been asked multiple times, but can I switch difficulty levels in game, and is there a disadvantage to playing Cadet?

Yes you can and no, there isn't. Game even recommends you start at it, if you're new.

Bob White

Just started on that super hard +30 levels mode. Would people who've played it before recommend this? Will the game still be fun or just irritating?

zennyzz

If I want to play this for the story mainly would I be disappointed or fine?

depends on what you're looking for. If you mean the story told when you start major missions. It's retty bare bones, and more of "events that happen that cause reactions."

If you're the type who enjoys talking to npcs and searching for stuff to do, then I'd say go for it. You can find yourself spending up to two hours just talking to NPCs with new stuff to say between story missions.

Just started on that super hard +30 levels mode. Would people who've played it before recommend this? Will the game still be fun or just irritating?

Type-0's the type of game where yo can beat a level 99 at lvl 6 (starting level) if you're good enough. But most people aren't good enough and enemies 15+ levels higher than you tend to one shot you.

iiicon

aaah, I figured it out. I gameshare with a friend thousands of miles away in Kentucky, which means my primary PS4 is in his house. My Vita isn't connecting locally with my PS4 for whatever reason, so it's searching the internet and connecting to that PS4. Apparently his roommate imported Yakuza, and it's in his system at the moment, which explains why Type-0 wasn't showing up for me.

I've never had an issue connecting to my PS4 from my Vita so this caught me off-guard. Now to figure out why I can't connect locally...

If I want to play this for the story mainly would I be disappointed or fine?

Ah, it's my avatar nemesis!

zennyzz

Could you be a little more specific? I'm having trouble finding the person I need to talk to.

I believe it's either Kursame or the guy with the floating info over his head. I'll boot my game up and check.

Alright, got it.

Open you menu,

go to preferences

select options

Backup from Akademia (set to Refuse)

Looking good so far but man this camera is horrific. Way too jerky and it's messing with my eyes

I feel they need to patch it in somehow

& i'm almost certain they never will...

took me 15-20 minutes, after a couple of hours playing, to stop feeling semi-dizzy. never happened to me with any game before. & there's no way i'm interested in seeing if i can get used to it, cuz i don't really think i want to :) ...

which's why i'm trading it in tomorrow. which sorta sucks, because i was actually enjoying the combat more than the combat in the demo. fuckin' se...

I think he means pausing and using the menu. Since Type-0's menus are real time,

you can turn them off in the command room between missions.

no, he mentioned getting up and going to answer the door, I only used the pause while in Akedemia though, If there isn't one outside of it..that's scary.

don't do it....wait till another playthrough at least. if you have a fro you will look like Sherman Helmsley after 2 hours.

I believe it's either Kursame or the guy with the floating info over his head. I'll boot my game up and check.

I appreciate it. =)

& i'm almost certain they never will...

took me 15-20 minutes, after a couple of hours playing, to stop feeling semi-dizzy. never happened to me with any game before. & there's no way i'm interested in seeing if i can get used to it, cuz i don't really think i want to :) ...

which's why i'm trading it in tomorrow. which sorta sucks, because i was actually enjoying the combat more than the combat in the demo. fuckin' se...

Yeah, as a person with chronic vertigo it was a little rough at first but I acclimated.

First impressions after completing chapter 1 (which is supposed to be a tutorial of some sort?): Just what in the hell is going on in this game??

I understood going in that the story was obtuse but that doesn't mean the writing has to go out of its way to just not make any sense. I paid attention as closely as I could, and I feel like I got 75% of it, but that other 25% is really a turn off.

The game doesn't explain its mechanics very well. It just dumps everything on you within the first five minutes, bombarding you with stuff you can do. It doesn't explain what each of the characters' abilities do, and even in menus I can't find anything that says "This attack type does this." I hope that first chapter was an abili-tease, and now the game is going to step back and actually explain how to play it.

I really hope this improves.

Reveirg

When does the game install on PS4?

Booted it up to do that so I can dive right in later tonight, but I didn't see the option.

Shin-Ra

When does the game install on PS4?

Booted it up to do that so I can dive right in later tonight, but I didn't see the option.
The game's copied automatically as soon as you push the disc in.

I hope the heavy motion blur was Squenix's idea, HexaDrive's shown better taste and restraint in the past.

So if I don't use the control stick for camera movement and only use R3 to snap it forward or let the lock on with enemies controll it, it's much less strenuous on the eyes. I can finally manage now.

zennyzz

Did anybody else suddenly have Hajime Tabata and the other developers replace their party members? Is this for real? o_O

It's akademia back up. You can use it to have NPCs join your party to unlock certain items and aid you in gameplay.

Unerelated note. Holy shit this games trophies are easy to get.

LProtag

I have no idea what I'm doing with my free time, and probably missing out on all the cutscenes, haha.

Using Jack seriously doesn't even seem fair. He one hit kills pretty much everything even without killsight.

LProtag

I'm using Jack, Ace, and Rem and doing really well. Last mission I didn't lose a single one of them. I'm going to have to go back and level up everyone else.

Just started this up; the opening cutscene was definitely more violent than I'm used to with Final Fantasy. The overall look of the town and the chocobo design reminds me more of the Tactics world, which I'm more than fine with.

However, the opening tutorial is pretty much garbage. Text popups that throw up to three different commands at you followed by another text popup with a different set of commands provides for really poor instruction. It's doubly offensive, since as a 60 dollar high-def port, things like that should've been improved on.

Top Bottom