• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Turin

Banned
I took a nap, woke up and I want to play Type-0 again...... but I'm also afraid to. Damn you, evil camera!

I've been using Machina with Queen and Ace at my side because......... no logical reason. I just like those three I guess.

Btw, do Ace and Dr. Al-Rashia seem slightly oedipal together or is that just me? o_O

zennyzz

I took a nap, woke up and I want to play Type-0 again...... but I'm also afraid to. Damn you, evil camera!

I've been using Machina with Queen and Ace at my side because......... no logical reason. I just like those three I guess.

Btw, do Ace and Dr. Al-Rashia seem slightly oedipal together or is that just me? o_O

No more than the other 11 class zero children. You could suggest it's there for all of them and Arecia. Cause it's very clear they love their mother and she them

Abylim

Just started this, not sure if I like it or not yet.

Anything I should know before I get too into it? Does difficulty affect anything other than combat, like rewards or exp gained?

This game is quite good on the vita :D

Turin

Banned
No more than the other 11 class zero children. You could suggest it's there for all of them and Arecia. Cause it's very clear they love their mother and she them

LV5F0JH.gif

batbeg

Liking this a whole lot thus far. I know everybody has said the camera is some sucky spawn of Satan, but it bears repeating the camera is a piece of shit trying its best to keep me from enjoying the game. That said it is failing in its mission and I'm having fun, though my battle:exploration ratio is like 1:3 which helps a lot. The game is assuring me of Tabata's skills as a director which is more promising than the FFXV demo was itself... though the two combined is definitely assuring me Tabata doesn't know how the fuck a camera is meant to work.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Hei guys, on the EU PSN STORE, when usually u can predownload a title? Game release tomorrow but I thought today download could be start. Any clue?

CorvoSol

Class Zero having a Mommy Complex is a point of political importance in the game, so it's not just you.

batbeg

Hei guys, on the EU PSN STORE, when usually u can predownload a title? Game release tomorrow but I thought today download could be start. Any clue?

I guess preloading is only for specific titles? It certainly wasn't available to do here in NA which was very frustrating for me to discover.

Xenus

Rule of thumb: always have a ranged and healer in your group.

No kidding. Chapter two
Magitech armor after the golems. I had half my party wiped by those dame golems before I relized don't fight run. Then ended up killing the commander. Woo done with level. Not so fast flying magictech armor won't sit still and all my ranged are dead. Lol spent the last few hours geting up everyone to at least level 16 to try again.
This is the first FF in a long while I can remember being concerned about dying.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I guess preloading is only for specific titles? It certainly wasn't available to do here in NA which was very frustrating for me to discover.

Oh really? I didn't know. And when it is available how can I figure it out?

Holy shit, I thought I was prepared, but the motion blur was way worse than I could've imagine.

SE needs to patch this, it's fucking horrid. Game would be 67% better if I could just get rid of it.

Edit: I gave remote play a try because people were recommending it, and boy it does improve a lot. Motion blur is a lot more manageable, whether it's because of the smaller screen or lower rez.

Abylim

I read through this thread, seeing the mountains of camera issue posts.
I expected someone to pop out of my tv and punch me in the dick the second I moved the right stick.

I am sitting next to my girlfriend as I ready myself for the attack, slightly edging near her, so I can throw her, ball-less body in front of mine, as I gently nudge the stick of death.

Then nothing. At first I thought I missed it. I did it again still flinching from the expected blows to my manhood.
I dont see the issue, its fast, definitely, but doesnt cause me physical pain.
(Maybe I'm just used to shitty camera motion blur?)

I read through this thread, seeing the mountains of camera issue posts.
I expected someone to pop out of my tv and punch me in the dick the second I moved the right stick.

I am sitting next to my girlfriend as I ready myself for the attack, slightly edging near her, so I can throw her, ball-less body in front of mine, as I gently nudge the stick of death.

Then nothing. At first I thought I missed it. I did it again still flinching from the expected blows to my manhood.
I dont see the issue, its fast, definitely, but doesnt cause me physical pain.
(Maybe I'm just used to shitty camera motion blur?)

This actually makes me feel a little bit better about the camera, i'm waiting on my copy and this camera motion blur business is worrying me

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I wouldn't have complained about the blur... so much as the fact that the default sensitivity of the control stick is so wrong.... It's tuned in a hypersensitive way that moves the camera too fast in a way that no one should ever want. I imagine if I dig into the config I can adjust it? But even still, if I turn it down, that just means looking at more blur.....

I think that the people working on the HD project were too close to the PSP version to really step back and notice how bad it looks to those who approach it fresh. I'm sure there's a logic to it if you played the PSP version or consider its technical limitations... but the resulting console game just looks wrong outside of that context.

Abylim

This actually makes me feel a little bit better about the camera, i'm waiting on my copy and this camera motion blur business is worrying me

I didnt mean to belittle those that do have issue with it, its obviously not fun for them to get motion sickness or what have you from a game.

I just expected it to be.. more? I guess?

I didnt mean to belittle those that do have issue with it, its obviously not fun for them to get motion sickness or what have you from a game.

I just expected it to be.. more? I guess?

i didn't take it as you were belittling anybody, just sharing your opinion, you also helped my worries a little though so there's that too

Rektash

I think that the people working on the HD project were too close to the PSP version to really step back and notice how bad it looks to those who approach it fresh. I'm sure there's a logic to it if you played the PSP version or consider its technical limitations... but the resulting console game just looks wrong outside of that context.

Here is how that probably went down:

Mr. QA/Tester: "Oh, whats this ticket about? Testing the new camera? I have no time to waste on non essential stuff! Release is in two weeks and I have 100 more tickets I have to finish before that!"
*fires up the testing system, starts the new build with camera changes included*
Mr. QA/Tester: "Yep - moves up, down, left and right just fine. On to the next ticket!"
*later that day*
Mr. QA/Tester: "I wish they hired more people for this. How do you even get to think one person would be enough for this? I will never be able to finish all these tickets before release. I hate my job. I hate myself. Please kill me. ;_;"

Anko

Chapter 3's last mission is a pain in the ass. If anyone is having difficulty with the boss, I suggest bringing Rem and only Rem. Cast undying wish just before the hit lands. I couldn't for the life of me predict with any certainty where the hit will land so I gave up trying to avoid it. She can't hit the boss directly but she can certainly reflect the bombs. Funny thing is, I
laid dead on the floor with my last character (I had quite a bit of dumb SO suicides) for some time as they announced the ceasefire
. Still managed to clear the mission somehow.

Machina is getting on my nerves. Being voiced by Kamiya only adds to it. I'm not sure if we're supposed to empathize with him or not, but currently the only thing I feel towards him is the feeling of wanting to punch him.

Spinx

Machina is getting on my nerves. Being voiced by Kamiya only adds to it. I'm not sure if we're supposed to empathize with him or not, but currently the only thing I feel towards him is the feeling of wanting to punch him.

Welcome to Type-0, enjoy your stay.

Should I do as the game suggests and level each character evenly? And if I repeat missions does that decrease the timer until the next mission?

Ratrat

Is the camera worse than it was on psp? Maybe they should have just localized that and threw it on psn for psp and vita owners and called it a day.

ZeroX03

Banned
At first I thought all the posts about the camera were highly exaggerated but upon playing it....my goodness it's unbelievably bad. I honestly couldn't play the game for more than a few minutes without feeling sick. It's infinitely worse than playing on PPSSPP or using Remote Play on the Nvidia Shield, which alleviates the issue somewhat.

I'm typing this just as I've switched off my PS4 and I still have a headache. I doubt I'll be able to go back to this until the camera is fixed, or I'll finish the game using Remote Play. Fix this SE.

Falk

that puzzling face
At first I thought all the posts about the camera were highly exaggerated but upon playing it....my goodness it's unbelievably bad. I honestly couldn't play the game for more than a few minutes without feeling sick. It's infinitely worse than playing on PPSSPP or using Remote Play on the Nvidia Shield, which alleviates the issue somewhat.

I'm typing this just as I've switched off my PS4 and I still have a headache. I doubt I'll be able to go back to this until the camera is fixed, or I'll finish the game using Remote Play. Fix this SE.

I'm basically sitting as far away from my screen as possible and that somewhat helps.

Having a significant portion of my (irl) field of view constantly occupied by a blurry mess isn't doing anything good for my disposition. And I played shit like Quake and UT with a hilariously high sensitivity.

Im about 10 hours in, my impressions are overwhelmingly positive, the world map <3.

I do have some complaints though.

-The camera is rough
-Can i not pause?
-Why cant i change equipment whenever i want?
-Random super powerful enemies all over the place that chase you
-Are the expert missions suppose to be beatable? I get to the captains and they one shot my team instantly.
-Wish there wasn't a limit on the things you can do before the mission, it feels like im being rushed, even though im technically not being rushed.

Overall im really digging the game though. Cant wait until i unlock the whole world and can take on these super powerful enemies.

Z3M0G

what you suggest, hold to lock-on or click to lock-on?

Holy shit is this an option? I will switch to click if possible.

I must say, as someone who has been terrified of the motion blur from all videos ive seen, it actually doesnt bother me at all. Perhaps because i sit far from my screen.

I suspect the problem bothering most people is actually the movement of the camera. During combat i remain locked on at ALL times. It helps. Using the R stick to switch targets demons souls style is great. Combat has a good Demons Souls feel actually.

This game has no coded support for analog input. This seems the obvious reason the camera has no analog control. Movement has no analog input either. But they should offer different camera speeds in the options for those that need it.

Does anyone recall the original PSP controls? I assume you held a button and used dpad or L stick to adjust he camera manually? Dpad has a different use in this game at all times.

Loving the game so far. I was grinding my party to 12 before starting the chapter 2 mission, but i hear that was a waste of time?

I also love how you can sometimes choose to repeat field battles at higher and higher difficulty. Makes grinding actually fun!

My biggest complaint right now is how party is managed while on the world map. Needing to return to town and organize my list, instead of being able to select any 3 at any time.

ranmafan

Well got my japanese copy finally today. Little bummed to find no English text option even though it has English voices but I'm not completely surprised. Thankfully it won't be a problem for me but I kinda still wanted that option. Looking forward to playing it tonight!

Victrix

*beard*
Here is how that probably went down:

Mr. QA/Tester: "Oh, whats this ticket about? Testing the new camera? I have no time to waste on non essential stuff! Release is in two weeks and I have 100 more tickets I have to finish before that!"
*fires up the testing system, starts the new build with camera changes included*
Mr. QA/Tester: "Yep - moves up, down, left and right just fine. On to the next ticket!"
*later that day*
Mr. QA/Tester: "I wish they hired more people for this. How do you even get to think one person would be enough for this? I will never be able to finish all these tickets before release. I hate my job. I hate myself. Please kill me. ;_;"

Inaccurate.

QA/Testers: THIS CAMERA IS HORRIBLE JESUS CHRIST
Devs: Will not fix :)

I must say, as someone who has been terrified of the motion blur from all videos ive seen, it actually doesnt bother me at all. Perhaps because i sit far from my screen.

I suspect the problem bothering most people is actually the movement of the camera. During combat i remain locked on at ALL times. It helps. Using the R stick to switch targets demons souls style is great. Combat has a good Demons Souls feel actually.

I think it's half and half, going from the comments. Most people focus specifically on the blur or the camera movement, and sometimes both. I honestly don't feel the problems I'm hearing with the camera movement at all, but the motion blur utterly kills it for me.

Victrix

*beard*
I think it's half and half, going from the comments. Most people focus specifically on the blur or the camera movement, and sometimes both. I honestly don't feel the problems I'm hearing with the camera movement at all, but the motion blur utterly kills it for me.

It's three parts for me, the motion blur is awful, the sensitivity is too high, and the camera is tied to movement, which is dumb as hell. This means that you're fighting with the camera when you move with the left stick, instead of freely rotating it to get the best view of the scene - it's possible to steer yourself with the camera stick.

Thread should be retitled: Final Fantasy Type 0: Camera and Motion Blur Complaining Thread

We get it.

Can we get OP on this right away? :)

Really though, I want to see Hexa Drive or Tabata taken to task on this, to give us some answers on whether fixes are possible. It's literally making the game unplayable for some people.

So I guess the more noise about it, the better.

aerts1js

I'm thinking about this game but I have a couple of questions. I get the motion blur thing...read like a billion posts on it.

1. Are there towns to explore?

2. There seems to be a world map like the pre-ps2 final fantasys.. is this true?

3. How bad is the voice acting? It seems like it's not great... but...is it star ocean bad or is it at least tolerable?

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm thinking about this game but I have a couple of questions. I get the motion blur thing...read like a billion posts on it.

1. Are there towns to explore?

2. There seems to be a world map like the pre-ps2 final fantasys.. is this true?

3. How bad is the voice acting? It seems like it's not great... but...is it star ocean bad or is it at least tolerable?

1 - Sort of. Most of the time outside of missions they're like 2 screens with a bunch of NPCs milling around

2 - Yes

3 - It's servicable.

Thread should be retitled: Final Fantasy Type 0: Camera and Motion Blur Complaining Thread

We get it.

the problem is, we got it (as in, we bought the game). & we can't play it, because of this, & this alone. most everyone complaining about this want to play the damn game, but can't...

no one expected or anticipated this, & it sucks. so, sorry, but it's fucked things up for a number of us...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
There's also japanese voice acting, so if you dont want the english dub just switch

Why didn't they redo the cut-scenes?

They were video files ala 13 on PSP to begin with. Its a much simpler process to simply uprezz the ones they already had than to completely remake them

People are allowed to complain. OTs aren't some safe zone for no criticism. And this game has plenty to criticize when it comes to the camera.

yep. &, unfortunately, this particular criticism falls under the category of 'game-breaking': for some of us, type-0, as is, is completely unplayable...

For people complaining about the camera, are you guys experiencing problems when moving the right stick or when locking on to enemies? I don't have the HD version, but on the PSP I found that the "hold to lock on" option made the game fine to play, and of course, no use of right analogue stick. I would centre the camera by tapping the right shoulder button instead (I think this is remapped to pressing the right stick on the DS4). Maybe try that instead of the stick?

Elios83

I'll get it tomorrow for the FFXV demo, reading the comments here it seems that Type Zero is decent at best....which is what I feared unfortunately.

I think I'm the only person who is having no problem with the camera. I don't get dizzy and the motion blur doesn't bother me. Once I set my lock-on to toggle instead of hold that solved pretty much the only camera related qualm I had.

Falk

that puzzling face
People are allowed to complain. OTs aren't some safe zone for no criticism. And this game has plenty to criticize when it comes to the camera.

Like I said, I play FPS games with ridiculously high sensitivity. I used to be huge into the whole rocket jumping/bunny hopping circle jerk. I still can't play Type-0 HD on the big screen for more than 20 minutes at a time. Remote playing to PSVita, ironically, alleviates a lot of that.

All they need to do is have a toggle or slider for motion blur. That's all it takes.

Just because I'm contracted for SE projects doesn't mean I'm going to pull punches on criticizing legitimately crippling problems that prevent me from enjoying their games.

Top Bottom