• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Xenus

Just curious, but what would be the benefit of doing that on repeat mission playthroughs when I assume you could still get more XP for your class on repeats? Is this SP gear worth skipping XP on alternate characters? I am finding it difficult to juggle everyone as it is.

I got a wepon upgrade before the end of the 2nd chapter for ace but it wasn't anything major. Though my first guy to hop in was
Nomura. It's amusing that they used people from the staff and added their titles. Though it was annoying when they swtiched out a ranged character for a Melee one when guys were on the ramparts.

zennyzz

So some conflicting suggestions. To keep Support turned off to earn points or turn it off for the extra exp/etc?

It depends on how you want to go about it.

Having Support turned on lets you gain SPP which can be used to get schweet gear at the expense of pcs getting exp to level up. Or turning it off for the opposite.

My best suggestion is to redo missions with Support on to rack up the SPP and doing the story with your cast.

It depends on how you want to go about it.

Having Support turned on lets you gain SPP which can be used to get schweet gear at the expense of pcs getting exp to level up. Or turning it off for the opposite.

My best suggestion is to redo missions with Support on to rack up the SPP and doing the story with your cast.

This is probably what I'll do then. :) Thanks for the suggestion. Is there any point in re-doing story missions instead of just going out and grinding in the world map? Bonuses and such? (excluding the added SPP stuff)

You know what, I'm just going to say it. This game is so god damn ugly it hurts. I swear to god this looks like a Unity game at times lol

Playing this on the PSP was so much more impressive, the areas felt so much more alive, the graphical flourishes and pandemonium during battles was amplified due to the small screen...jesus.

Btw, OP team?

Deuce
Rem
Sice

This is probably what I'll do then. :) Thanks for the suggestion. Is there any point in re-doing story missions instead of just going out and grinding in the world map? Bonuses and such? (excluding the added SPP stuff)

Btw where the hell do I exchange SPP?

rybrad

I got a wepon upgrade before the end of the 2nd chapter for ace but it wasn't anything major. Though my first guy to hop in was
Nomura. It's amusing that they used people from the staff and added their titles. Though it was annoying when they swtiched out a ranged character for a Melee one when guys were on the ramparts.
Yea the random class switching was definitely a little annoying. The best one I got so far was
Tabata who was almost double my level!
You know what, I'm just going to say it. This game is so god damn ugly it hurts. I swear to god this looks like a Unity game at times lol

Playing this on the PSP was so much more impressive, the areas felt so much more alive, the graphical flourishes and pandemonium during battles was amplified due to the small screen...jesus.
I went into a town to knock on some doors and holy hell those textures were awful. So far that was the only time I was seriously blown away by how bad something looked.
Btw, OP team?

Deuce
Rem
Sice
Sice is my favorite thus far so I am glad to hear that!
Btw where the hell do I exchange SPP?
In the command center, there is a dude by the table if I am remembering right.

Yes! FINALLY! My CE is out for delivery!

U6bCmwy.gif

addik

Man, I'm only in Chapter 2, but I'm loving the wartime feel of the game. I love the concept of a Final Fantasy game that's just concentrated on retaking bases and towns. Does the game revolve around this or do we get the typical Final Fantasy where we explore caves, dungeons, etc.?

Yea the random class switching was definitely a little annoying. The best one I got so far was
Tabata who was almost double my level!

I went into a town to knock on some doors and holy hell those textures were awful. So far that was the only time I was seriously blown away by how bad something looked.

Sice is my favorite thus far so I am glad to hear that!

In the command center, there is a dude by the table if I am remembering right.

More than anything for me its the characters, the UPGRADED HD characters. They don't look like HD up ports they look like dolls, its ridiculous. The rest of the game looks like shit sure, but its a PSP port. The characters, or at least the ones they "cleaned up" look like dolls, its ridiculous lol

Yeah Sice is amazing, bit of a glass cannon though. Deuce may be hard to get going but the AI plays her quite well in most situations and Concerto can make all the difference sometimes!

zennyzz

Not once in my life. Did I expect to see an FF with an NPC telling me how a "kid tried to spit game."

Many things in this localization I can't get over.

pLow7

Couldn't play the XV Demo cause im european, so i started with this.

I'm really really pleased. Batlle is fun, having 14 Charachters to choose from is amazing, Story is interesting enough and wow, dat World Map ?

I hope it continues to deliver, have only played about 1,5 Hours.

I did what you said and put the tracking number in Canada Post's site. All I get is "Your item has arrived in Canada".

that's odd, once it got to Canada, Canada Post tracked every step with complete detail until it got here. Not sure why it's not for you.

That .gif hahaha. What is that from?

lol it's from Resonance of Fate (GOAT material awesomeness!). I've been replaying it in my wait for Type-0.

I would also HEAVILY recommend that you read all the lore in the Crystarium, it is extremely well written and fills in a good deal of the blanks in the story at times.

Only got through the first chapter, pretty fun so far. Though even on novice I kept dying at that end boss until I actually started dodging. Guess I really cant just stay in one spot, spam a wall, and throw some cads :(

Have the guide, hope I can play as Eight.

Slixshot

Banned
Alright alright... So I've never played fully through a final fantasy game... But this one has me interested. What are people thinkin of it?

rybrad

Alright alright... So I've never played fully through a final fantasy game... But this one has me interested. What are people thinkin of it?
Gameplay is fun, camera sucks, some parts of the game look like ass. If you don't get sick from the camera and like action rpgs I think it is a good pickup even for non-FF fans. My opinion is on 6 hours of gameplay though so keep in mind I haven't finished the game. You also get the FFXV demo which is pretty good on its own if a bit shallow.

zennyzz

threelight answered that.

You don't need to level up everyone if you don't need to. I'd recommend leveling 6-9 characters of the lot.

And no, you don't lose time from repeating missions.

Your timer goes down from:

Doing events: Things with "!" take two hours
Going on the world map: takes six hours
Extra missions(recommended for NG+): takes 12 hours

Don't think repeating missions does anything to the timer, as you do it from the main menu

That aside, if you don't want to level everyone, pick your favorite six and level them so you can field two squads

You replay missions from the title screen so I don't think it affects mission time. It doesn't seem like you can do that with a mid-mission save though so keep that in mind if you are looking to do some grinding.
Thank you. I'm trying to get my approach in check. I don't want to feel overwhelmed trying to keep everyone leveled.

How does the Secret Training thing in the arena work? All I know is I went there, he gave me some schpiel about how I can choose some characters to train, and the next thing I know it was asking me to overwrite my save file. I nope'd out of there.

So how does this work?

zennyzz

How does the Secret Training thing in the arena work? All I know is I went there, he gave me some schpiel about how I can choose some characters to train, and the next thing I know it was asking me to overwrite my save file. I nope'd out of there.

So how does this work?

put it up. Leave game for an extended period of time, reap benefits.

Shahed

Just did that United Front Lv 36 mission. Was hard and I'm not sure if i was supposed to do it now. I went in as my main 3 (Ace, Rem, Queen) and they got killed instantly. In the end i decided to skip enemies and run to the objectives and clear them quick with everyone else dying left and right. It was only using Sice and Eight and Killsighting everything that came near me that let me do it due to their fast attack speed. Was fun! I think I'll use Eight and Sice a bit more now.

Wanted to do the other one but i only had 10 hours left :(

Wagram

Just did that United Front Lv 36 mission. Was hard and I'm not sure if i was supposed to do it now. I went in as my main 3 (Ace, Rem, Queen) and they got killed instantly. In the end i decided to skip enemies and run to the objectives and clear them quick with everyone else dying left and right. It was only using Sice and Eight and Killsighting everything that came near me that let me do it due to their fast attack speed. Was fun! I think I'll use Eight and Sice a bit more now.

Wanted to do the other one but i only had 10 hours left :(

I did that with King and Trey. Run in with SPP on and only have one Class Zero member (the active leader). The other npcs were useless and would die anyways. Killstreaks are your friend in those.

Shahed

I did that with King and Trey. Run in with SPP on and only have one Class Zero member (the active leader). The other npcs were useless and would die anyways. Killstreaks are your friend in those.

Even inside the datalink rings? I used those 2 for killsights at range quite often, but they ddin't have the mobility inside the circles for me. Hence Eight

eight is the best in the game yes?
or fuck yes?
once u get used to the ridiculous camera and blur, its a really fun game. going with eight as my main with cater for ranged and i switch around the third member.

JoeFenix

Anyone know how you unlock the Expert Trials? Some side missions have Expert Trials as prerequisites and I can't find out where to do those.

I'm on Chapter 3, are those just unlocked after a certain story event or am I missing something here?

Shahed

Anyone know what chocobos and breeding are for? I bred some and a got a few War Chocobos, and then I bred them using a Gyzahl Green instead and ended up with 99 female Combat Chocobos but no males. Since then I've had Assault and now Swift. What do I do with all these?

Anyone know how you unlock the Expert Trials? Some side missions have Expert Trials as prerequisites and I can't find out where to do those.

I'm on Chapter 3, are those just unlocked after a certain story event or am I missing something here?

Near the main gate there's a quest person. Be mindful that they are hard, and take 12 hours of time. Killsight is your friend

Every item that can be earned via SPP can also be earned via other, very easy methods.

If you don't like the SP system, don't use it. It's 100% optional.

Anyone know what chocobos and breeding are for? I bred some and a got a few War Chocobos, and then I bred them using a Gyzahl Green instead and ended up with 99 female Combat Chocobos but no males. Since then I've had Assault and now Swift. What do I do with all these?

Near the main gate there's a quest person. Be mindful that they are hard, and take 12 hours of time. Killsight is your friend

Use chocobos to run around the world map quickly and without getting into random encounters. They can be used during the RTS missions. There are something like 20 different breeds, too, if you want to get into that.

It seems like for some, expectations were way too high for this game. It is a PSP port after all. Considering this is Neogaf, I'd think that most gamers here are quite informed and would have done their homework. I guess that's why I'm surprised that there is so much complaining about the camera and graphics. For what it is, I'm enjoying it though I can definitely see why some wouldn't.

On another note, I need to do the tutorial again. Seems there is a LOT going on with the controls that I didn't pay enough attention to.

zennyzz

RTS stuff.

Z3M0G

I assume that SPP was awarded in the PSP game when you JOINED other people's games and supported them... rewarding you for online play.

But here, SPP is awarded for having player ghosts join YOUR game, so it feels less "natural". But it was there way of still including the SPP system and rewards at all.

Shahed

Use chocobos to run around the world map quickly and without getting into random encounters. They can be used during the RTS missions. There are something like 20 different breeds, too, if you want to get into that.

RTS stuff.

Ah cool thanks. Figured. Still only done the one RTS mission. Did it as Trey. Easist S Rank ever

It seems like for some, expectations were way too high for this game. It is a PSP port after all. Considering this is Neogaf, I'd think that most gamers here are quite informed and would have done their homework. I guess that's why I'm surprised that there is so much complaining about the camera and graphics. For what it is, I'm enjoying it though I can definitely see why some wouldn't.

On another note, I need to do the tutorial again. Seems there is a LOT going on with the controls that I didn't pay enough attention to.

The camera isn't bad because it's a PSP game. It's simply bad. But Square have a habit of that with their games. As much as I like Kingdom Hearts, that also has an awful camera. They consistently use camera's that are too close and too low down behind the person. If they pulled back and raised it slightly, it'd be much better. That way the camera wouldn't jerk around so much when locked onto an enemy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This seems like an easy platinum.

Am tempted to do the exp exploit so I can get through this quickly as my backlog is getting big.

Can't wait to start it later just wish us Europeans could have had the demo already

Nibiru

Banned
Ok so a question about the lectures.

I am early in the game and I have the lectures Principles of Magic and the Introduction to fire, ice, lightening Magic.

Do i only do these on characters that don't have a spell in a certain school? Or if a do the fire one with a character that has fire will it increase the power of it?

Why would I want to give a different school of magic to a character? Any recommendations? I'm confused lol.

Also with Principles of Magic is there a dude that doesn't use magic that this would be good for?

Shahed

I am early in the game and I have the lectures Principles of Magic and the Introduction to fire, ice, lightening Magic.

Do i only do these on characters that don't have a spell in a certain school? Or if a do the fire one with a character that has fire will it increase the power of it?

Why would I want to give a different school of magic to a character? Any recommendations? I'm confused lol.

Also with Principles of Magic is there a dude that doesn't use magic that this would be good for?
The bonuses are class wide. Do them all with whoever

The classes boost stats for everyone. Everyone can use any school of magic by default.

Top Bottom