• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

So Gaf.

Can I buy and play this game while avoiding weird pervy shit? I read that you can look through keyholes at people getting changed or some shit, which makes me not want to buy the game at all considering these are school kids. Can this be avoided entirely?

haha, man. It's a video game, they aren't kids they are pixels on the screen!
It's like that family guy episode where peter lays on that girl from the high school and looks at the camera "What are you looking at? It's a cartoon!"

RDreamer

Jesus Christ.... speaking of pervy: The teacher up on the balcony...

"Oh I get it, you want me to take off all my clothes so you can see if I'm a spy." "My naked body would be too much for you to handle"

Come on....

by the way, i randomly saw a cactuar at akedemia, but it ran away, was i supposed to catch it or something?

edit: and how do i flee from overworld battles?

nOoblet16

Well I finally decided to start this game after being busy with XV demo for the past two days. I just say that this is actually a proper HD remake with effort put in rather than just the PSP game at higher resolution and touched up original textures.

There is a new lighting engine, new shaders, new models and new textures rather than just upscaled etc etc. This looks like a medium budget PS3 game actually, pretty great considering the original was PSP.

kiryogi

Banned
So Gaf.

Can I buy and play this game while avoiding weird pervy shit? I read that you can look through keyholes at people getting changed or some shit, which makes me not want to buy the game at all considering these are school kids. Can this be avoided entirely?

It's amazing the conclusions people come up with.

That said the keyhole thing, the person you see is very mature. lawl.

So Gaf.

Yes. This is a Final Fantasy game, not a hentai game. It's not like the game is filled to the brim with upskirts and train molesting. Just because some people went out of their way to hack the camera in the PSP version doesn't mean that you can view panties in the model viewer.

MilkBeard

So I've played about 4-5 hours of Type-0 so far, and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the game overall. The combat is fun, and each character has its own unique play style. It's actually fun to go and grind a few characters up between chapters. I also enjoy the visual style, even though its PSP roots show.

If Tabata worked on this game, I'm not worried about FF XV eventually coming together and having good gameplay systems.

MilkBeard

Well I finally decided to start this game after being busy with XV demo for the past two days. I just say that this is actually a proper HD remake with effort put in rather than just the PSP game at higher resolution and touched up original textures.

There is a new lighting engine, new shaders, new models and new textures rather than just upscaled etc etc. This looks like a medium budget PS3 game actually, pretty great considering the original was PSP.

I agree. All this talk about disappointment in graphics in reviews, I was expecting worse. The main character models actually look quite good, and the effects help to cover up the old textures. I'd say the game is pretty good looking considering where it came from.

Kama_1082

Banned
I agree. All this talk about disappointment in graphics in reviews, I was expecting worse. The main character models actually look quite good, and the effects help to cover up the old textures. I'd say the game is pretty good looking considering where it came from.
I do have to say the game looks much better on the Vita via remote play

BibiMaghoo

yes?

Most of that stuff you have to go out of your way to get.

Never encountered this and I don't feel like anything has been pervy so far. I think you have to go out if your way for that stuff if it is there.

That is what I needed to know. Thank you.

I didnt see anytging pervy. Only 1 character in the game has cleavage.

where did you read this bs?

I'm on chapter 3 and haven't encountered anything near pervy. I'm also not the type of person that would look for it. I've only heard of it on GAF and think it's ridiculous...

I read this on Gaf itself. Apparently there are scenes / a scene where by you watch people in their room getting dressed / undressed or some such. I wanted more info about this in particular.

It's like that family guy episode where peter lays on that girl from the high school and looks at the camera "What are you looking at? It's a cartoon!"

That may be ok with you, it's not with me. I find that sort of thing distasteful and uncomfortable. I do not want that shit in my games.

It's amazing the conclusions people come up with.

That said the keyhole thing, the person you see is very mature. lawl.

Do you look through keyholes of peoples rooms? Is that factually correct or not? If it is, that isn't a conclusion I came up with, but something that exists. Don't be defensive, people find different things distasteful.

Yes. This is a Final Fantasy game, not a hentai game. It's not like the game is filled to the brim with upskirts and train molesting. Just because some people went out of their way to hack the camera in the PSP version doesn't mean that you can view panties in the model viewer.

That is great to know.

So I've completed the game and man that last chapter:

Holy fuck those god damn trials! That shit was long as hell and those false deaths were driving me insane even got that L'Cie bad end that I'm not entirely sure is a bad enough or if you can actually win. The magic trial one was completely impossible for me to do because Rem and Queen were my mages. Queen can't be on both teams obviously and well Rem wasn't there of course. So I had to reload a save and equip the cadets with magic. Gotta say I find this to be one of the better Final Fantasy stories I've had the pleasure of playing.

Despite the final boss being one of the most piss easy final bosses ever I'm ok with it because it fit within the theme of the story with all the them except for Rem and Machina giving up their lives to save everyone. Sure the ending was sad but them all dying just felt like the right thing to have happen.

All and all I'm happy with my purchase, camera issues and some of the visuals aside I felt this was a great FF game and would love to see them make another of this kind.

kiryogi

Banned
Do you look through keyholes of peoples rooms? Is that factually correct or not? If it is, that isn't a conclusion I came up with, but something that exists. Don't be defensive, people find different things distasteful.

That is great to know.

Defensive? I find it hilarious.

And no, there is no keyhole peeking. It's something different altogether, but similar.

I read this on Gaf itself. Apparently there are scenes / a scene where by you watch people in their room getting dressed / undressed or some such. I wanted more info about this in particular.
It's so hard... It's so hard to get this scene.

I'm trying to complete the game 100% on my 3rd playthrough, and I can't see that goddamn scene!

It's also just one of the teachers walking around in her room.

Kama_1082

Banned
That is what I needed to know. Thank you.

That may be ok with you, it's not with me. I find that sort of thing distasteful and uncomfortable. I do not want that shit in my games.

That is great to know.

You know where everyone is at all times. There are no portions of the game where girls are in dressing rooms. They're either hanging out in class or somewhere else.

Kama_1082

Banned
So I've completed the game and man that last chapter:

Holy fuck those god damn trials! That shit was long as hell and those false deaths were driving me insane even got that L'Cie bad end that I'm not entirely sure is a bad enough or if you can actually win. The magic trial one was completely impossible for me to do because Rem and Queen were my mages. Queen can't be on both teams obviously and well Rem wasn't there of course. So I had to reload a save and equip the cadets with magic. Gotta say I find this to be one of the better Final Fantasy stories I've had the pleasure of playing.

Despite the final boss being one of the most piss easy final bosses ever I'm ok with it because it fit within the theme of the story with all the them except for Rem and Machina giving up their lives to save everyone. Sure the ending was sad but them all dying just felt like the right thing to have happen.

All and all I'm happy with my purchase, camera issues and some of the visuals aside I felt this was a great FF game and would love to see them make another of this kind.
You don't know how many times I reloaded my save for this bullshit haha. I was down to my last 3 at the hallway with the big monsters through the blue door and said fuck it. Found out that when you're resurrected, you don't start over. So that saved my ass.

Kama_1082

Banned
This. Due to first world problems, I had to remote play, and the motion blur is so much more tolerable on the Vita. Plus dat sexy 1000 OLED screen and all.
I played it wonderfully the first day and after that, the game kept on skipping on my vita. Not even a connection scramble, just straight out skipping. Not sure what was up with that.

RDreamer

I do have to say the game looks much better on the Vita via remote play

I personally think the game looks kind of terrible in full res. Since I started playing it on my low res projector, which is about the resolution of a Vita, the game looks gorgeous.

Then again, I was never a big PC sort of player, so I'm used to lower resolution gaming and if a game wasn't made for that resolution, it tends to look weird to me.

Kama_1082

Banned
I personally think the game looks kind of terrible in full res. Since I started playing it on my low res projector, which is about the resolution of a Vita, the game looks gorgeous.

Then again, I was never a big PC sort of player, so I'm used to lower resolution gaming and if a game wasn't made for that resolution, it tends to look weird to me.
There are some scenes that look fantastic and others that look like "yep, this is a psp game"

FreeMufasa

Jesus.....

Pixels, drawing or w/e, pedophilia is still pedophilia.

Thanks Gaf. Will buy.

It's a good purchase unless your prone to motion sickness, at least in my opinion. Just change the lock on to toggle instead of hold and that can help quite a bit with camera issues. Keep in mind though you will see panties if you play as a girl and get knocked down with the camera just right, but if you're getting knocked down then that means you're taking damage so there's some bigger fish to fry.

RDreamer

There are some scenes that look fantastic and others that look like "yep, this is a psp game"

When I was playing in 1080 the only thing I really thought looked fantastic was the pre-rendered cutscenes, lol. To me pretty much everything looked weird as hell. My projector lowers the res and cuts on the contrast, and the game looks amazing, I think.

I suppose maybe I missed some fantastic stuff since I abandoned 1080 before some of the chapter 4 stuff.

Haha. I just finished Chapter 6 and was about to complain
about a mission called "Clash on the Big Bridge" that didn't feature Gilgamesh. Then I reached the end of the mission.

I'm liking it a lot so far. I particularly love the designs and overall tone of the game. My biggest concern is that it might be over too soon.

Thanks Gaf. Will buy.

The only character that does acrobatics that would show an up-skirt is wearing black shorts under her skirt so yeah. I personally haven't seen anything objectionable outside of optional dialogue with a promiscuous teacher, and some cleavage on another character. It all seems tasteful so far.

See, being gay, not only do panty shots fail to arose me in any possible way, it isn't something that if I saw, would bother me. Still, they are underage, pixels or otherwise, and its just a shame the discourse has to turn this way. I was shocked however that the "swimwuits" (girls only....grrr) were actually NOT swimsuits lol

Reveirg

Is there any trick to finding different chocobos on the world map?

I've been looking in the right regions (Jubanla, Desert and that south-eastern island) for 20 minutes, no luck so far.

Got to chapter 7.
I'll keep my current save in slot 1 and make a slot 2 where I only go for story missions (and trophy stuff as I only need the two pertaining to the Airship) so I get the platinum tomorrow and have it finished before Bloodborne arrives.

Then once that's done I know I'll have my "real" save on slot 1 so I can continue my playthrough properly in the future.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I bought this one an impulse because I've been craving some FF action. Didn't even know it came with a FFXV demo, tbh. Had no idea that game was even close to demo ready status.

But I just finished the first chapter of Type 0. It's decent so far and it looks like it opens up a bit later on, so I'm looking forward to that part. Nice surprise of a game so far.

Is there any trick to finding different chocobos on the world map?

I've been looking in the right regions (Jubanla, Desert and that south-eastern island) for 20 minutes, no luck so far.

imo the best way to get chocobos is to just breed them.

Sometimes there's a better one walking around the world map, but they are not very common.

And watch out if you see a "transparent" chocobo, because if he sees you he vanishes

Reveirg

imo the best way to get chocobos is to just breed them.

Sometimes there's a better one walking around the world map, but they are not very common.

And watch out if you see a "transparent" chocobo, because if he sees you he vanishes

I was under the impression that I couldn't get somehing "better" than a swiftwind by only starting with regular chocobos?

Decided to give this a second attempt this morning as I previously gave up due to the camera. It it's still atrocious but it's bearable.

Have completed the first chapter and think it will turn out to be quite good.

I was under the impression that I couldn't get somehing "better" than a swiftwind by only starting with regular chocobos?

But if you use a swiftwind with another swiftwind you get a third one. And then you use the third one and get a fourth one, and so on.

It's not that straightforward, but you're not supposed to just use the regular chocobo to get all the others.

Also, remember that breeding also depends on the Greens you give them.

Reveirg

But if you use a swiftwind with another swiftwind you get a third one. And then you use the third one and get a fourth one, and so on.

It's not that straightforward, but you're not supposed to just use the regular chocobo to get all the others.

Also, remember that breeding also depends on the Greens you give them.

Alright thanks! I guess I have to find those other greens now :D

Speaking of chocobos, do you need to hatch 100 in a single playthrough to get the trophy? Or does that carry to NG+?

I almost wiped in the Coeurl Cave since my team was so under leveled. Ace was my highest at lvl 18. My lowest lvl was 11. Only one person made it out of the cave lol.

Alright thanks! I guess I have to find those other greens now :D
Speaking of chocobos, do you need to hatch 100 in a single playthrough to get the trophy? Or does that carry to NG+?

For the trophy? I don't know, but I know the amount of Chocobos you have carries through playthroughs, so I'm guessing the trophy also does.

You also have a very very slim chance of hatching 99 chocobos in one breeding =X

The whole thing about me liking the english dub? FUCK THAT

"FIRE TILL YOU'RE OUT OF AMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" GAHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EARS
I almost wiped in the Coeurl Cave since my team was so under leveled. Ace was my highest at lvl 18. My lowest lvl was 11. Only one person made it out of the cave lol.
Yeah, I went there thinking "oh it's like the first quest in the game, how hard can it be"

I actually managed to get to the boss before getting 100% wiped out lol

Top Bottom