• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

zennyzz

See, being gay, not only do panty shots fail to arose me in any possible way, it isn't something that if I saw, would bother me. Still, they are underage, pixels or otherwise, and its just a shame the discourse has to turn this way. I was shocked however that the "swimwuits" (girls only....grrr) were actually NOT swimsuits lol

You literally have to go well out of your way to get any of those things. Like threelights mentioned, the most blatant and direct pandering example is similarly the most difficult quest to do.

Yeah, I went there thinking "oh it's like the first quest in the game, how hard can it be"

I actually managed to get to the boss before getting 100% wiped out lol

I lost 80% of my team to the boss but managed to clear it, but I decided to check out the last two rooms (which was a big mistake) where I lost everyone but Nine. The only survivor of that deadly cave.

Okay just finished chap 2 & what's up with the cheapshot enemies? Mainly the bosses like the
lieutenant & the mech guy

I can beat any other enemy pretty easily. Also it seems that range classes are pretty much the best to me so far. Any tips Important tips I should know about?

Geg

What's a good level to try that couerl cave at? I think most of the enemies in the first screen are level 22 or so, do they go any higher than that?

Okay just finished chap 2 & what's up with the cheapshot enemies? Mainly the bosses like the
lieutenant & the mech guy

I can beat any other enemy pretty easily. Also it seems that range classes are pretty much the best to me so far. Any tips Important tips I should know about?
For bosses dodging becomes an even more important thing.

For the mech guy, keep dodging and stay close to him, then trigger the break sight when he dives. It takes a bit of practice, but it's easy once you learn.

What's a good level to try that couerl cave at? I think most of the enemies in the first screen are level 22 or so, do they go any higher than that?
Not really, everyone is around that. If you're level 18 then it's doable, and the higher you are the easier it gets.

kiryogi

Banned
I did it pretty comfortably around 15-18.

Although I'll say on PSP I did it around 12.

Just Dodge. A lot. Also using a distance character like Cater, Trey, or King

VRMN

I did it at 17-18. I lost a few members, but it's doable at that range.

I didnt think id have this much fun with
type-0. I love the summer attire. Looks so cool and stylish. i love playing as Ace but i gotta level up all the characters which kinda makes it a pain. Still i dont have a character under 20 and my highest (Ace) is lvl 24 and i just started chapter 5.

What are the gift box items for? They're so expensive.
A few quests use them, the main one being Emina's quest (the so debated scene where you're spying on her).

Other than that, I don't think there's much.

Imagine how fun this would be with multiplayer >.< GAF Cass Zero Expert Missions would rock!
Multiplayer doesn't work like that.

It's closer to a Souls game, where you jump in a player's game and help them for a few minutes, then you are forced to leave (much like the support system).

Yeah I know...>.<

That's why I said it WOULD be awesome! :(

Oh, okay, I thought you were referring to the PSP's version multiplayer =X

I wonder if they could have bigger environments and allow for all 14 characters to be played at once. With that battle system it would be pretty fun (also incredibly laggy =X)

Oh, okay, I thought you were referring to the PSP's version multiplayer =X

I wonder if they could have bigger environments and allow for all 14 characters to be played at once. With that battle system it would be pretty fun (also incredibly laggy =X)

Right? Would be fucking awesome! One of each character only or dupes allowed? :)

Also, whats the deal with Expert Missions, they worth the time sink?

Right? Would be fucking awesome! One of each character only or dupes allowed? :)

Also, whats the deal with Expert Missions, they worth the time sink?

Hmm, dupes allowed would make for some interesting stuff (14 Jacks at the same time could one shot pretty much anything in the game =P)

And Expert Missions are meant for NG+, if you wait until then (if you plan on doing NG+) then your levels will match the Expert Missions.

MattyG

Banned
Early chapter 4 spoilers
The fucking Commandant, man. What the hell.

Ahhhhh shit, I missed all the optional dialogue choices at the beginning of chapter 4 because I
went outside to do a combat simulation to grind levels, saved and then went back in the hotel. Apparently you can only do those ones before the cutscene with Machina and the Commandant. Boooo.

Also, about what level should everyone be at for chapter 4? Moglin said something about "being concerned" and that I should lvl up more. All my characters are at level 18-21 (mostly 18 and 19, but bout 5-6 of them are lvl 20 and one is 21).

NateDog

Out of curiosity threelights, how long did it take you to finish your second playthrough? Altogether I'm at almost 150 hours now but my best characters (Deuce, Queen, Trey and Ace) are at 69-75.
Don't think I'm anywhere near to taking on the Tower of Agito although I already did all the other dungeons in some form or other. Once I finally get the 99 Lopros quest done I should be levelled up a lot better but I'm not sure. The idea of taking on the Darkness of Suzaku is baffling. I only have 3 growth eggs too.

Hmm, dupes allowed would make for some interesting stuff (14 Jacks at the same time could one shot pretty much anything in the game =P)

And Expert Missions are meant for NG+, if you wait until then (if you plan on doing NG+) then your levels will match the Expert Missions.

No way baby, 14 war flutes!!!!

Out of curiosity threelights, how long did it take you to finish your second playthrough? Altogether I'm at almost 150 hours now but my best characters (Deuce, Queen, Trey and Ace) are at 69-75.
Don't think I'm anywhere near to taking on the Tower of Agito although I already did all the other dungeons in some form or other. Once I finally get the 99 Lopros quest done I should be levelled up a lot better but I'm not sure. The idea of taking on the Darkness of Suzaku is baffling. I only have 3 growth eggs too.
My second playthrough? Around 40-50 hours since I don't use walkthroughs and I basically had to figure out the Emina and Kazusa quests almost entirely on trial and error. I also do nothing a lot of the time (just walking around or just going through the Behemoth cave over and over again).

Most of my characters are actually level 50 (but I level up all of them, except Machina).

I plan on taking on Gilgamesh, the Darkness of Suzaku, and MAYBE the Tower of Agito during my third playthrough. I might not do the Tower though because fuck that, having to kill 100 enemies every time is pretty tiring. The 99 Lopros is another one that I'm unsure if I'll do, because, again, f that (I might do it while listening to a podcast or something though).
Oh, and I only have one growth egg because I messed up and lost the rest =P

No way baby, 14 war flutes!!!!
Would that sound like an orchestra or like hell? >.>

Scary...

Geg

I'm about halfway through chapter 4 right now and I kind of got out of the habit of cycling through characters. Half my characters are level 23-20 while the rest are all level 15. Should I keep trying to level them up or am I good with just the ones I have now?

(also, the level 15 ones are Deuce, Cater, Cinque, Eight, Jack, and King. Are any of them exceptionally useful?)

DNAbro

I'm about halfway through chapter 4 right now and I kind of got out of the habit of cycling through characters. Half my characters are level 23-20 while the rest are all level 15. Should I keep trying to level them up or am I good with just the ones I have now?

(also, the level 15 ones are Deuce, Cater, Cinque, Eight, Jack, and King. Are any of them exceptionally useful?)

Cater and King are exceptionally useful. Eight, Jack, and cinque can deal lots of damage. Duece is just cool.

I really only leveled up 3 characters, so i had 3 really strong characters and everyone else was weak. There are a couple of missions where this came back to bite me though, they will have you split up into 2 teams and its really best if you have 6 competent fighters.

Deuce and Jack deal the most damage. Eight has the biggest DPS potential at higher levels, King is the easiest ranged character to trigger kill sights with, Cinque can stun enemies, and Cater is the best waifu (I mean, she can weaken enemies and she has elemental damage that doesn't use MP).

But you're good if you only keep leveling the ones you have.

Zaventem

Jack's damage numbers don't match what his str stats say, while everyone else falls inline with the way things work. Im sometimes hitting enemies for 9k damage? Even if one of my other party members has a better stat. I disliked him at first but now i've learnt to a use dodging to give him some movement speed.

zennyzz

Deuce's actual potential is obscene when you use her right. Girl's Damage output can even put some of jack's best to shame when done properly. And I'm pretty sure her notes ignore damage resistances

So, I'm not the first to discover this, but there's a pretty fucking ridiculous Exploit to gain tons of XP using the secret training system..

Basically:

1. Set your PS4 to Offline mode
  2. Start the game
  3. Select a character
  4. Go to the Akademia Arena
  5. Talk to the Secret Training guy (on the right)
  6. Save the game
  7. Go to your PS4 Settings
  8. Select Date and Time, and flick the date forward a day (EDIT: Secret Training caps out at 24 Hours)
  9. Load your game, and voila, shit-tons of XP.
  10. Set your date back (you don't even have to close the game!) and save. Rinse, Repeat, Level 99 for everyone in a couple of hours. o_O [EDIT: YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DO THIS! Just restart the secret training, go back to the title screen, and flick the date forward another day!)

I mean.. Wow.. wonder how long it will take for this to get patched?

Top Bottom