• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

zennyzz

Hey all! Gonna play this tomorrow, but saw that there was an Agito Difficulty level. Any reason if I'm fairly good at games in general that I shouldn't pick this harder difficulty? Would it ruin the flow and fun if just plowing through the game on Officer mode first? Thanks whomever!

play it if you're a masochist.

Geg

Hey all! Gonna play this tomorrow, but saw that there was an Agito Difficulty level. Any reason if I'm fairly good at games in general that I shouldn't pick this harder difficulty? Would it ruin the flow and fun if just plowing through the game on Officer mode first? Thanks whomever!

The main difference is that all the enemies in that mode are 30 levels higher than normal, so if you're not familiar with the controls and how combat works you'll most likely get one-shotted by everything

The main difference is that all the enemies in that mode are 30 levels higher than normal, so if you're not familiar with the controls and how combat works you'll most likely get one-shotted by everything

Isn't Agito the hardest mode?

Is that just 30 levels higher?

In the PSP it was 50 and the enemies got buffed =X

Geg

Eh I forget the name of the modes

But regardless I don't think the highest difficulty level is even unlocked right away. At the start you just have Beginner, Normal, and all enemies + 30 levels

Hmmm, anyone know where Emina runs off to after the terrace scene? Can't find her lol

You can only find her in the last 6 hours of every day.

If you met Kazusa, he's the same.

Eh I forget the name of the modes

But regardless I don't think the highest difficulty level is even unlocked right away. At the start you just have Beginner, Normal, and all enemies + 30 levels

Oh okay. Then yeah, the hard mode is just +30 levels.

WarAdept

I'm playing through Agito difficulty as well on my first run. It's frustrating because the majority of deaths are from how terrible the camera is because you can't see stray bullets easily but it's still manageable. From what I've played so far (up to Chapter 4), the hardest part is the prologue.

R-User!

I'm playing through Agito difficulty as well on my first run. It's frustrating because the majority of deaths are from how terrible the camera is because you can't see stray bullets easily but it's still manageable. From what I've played so far (up to Chapter 4), the hardest part is the prologue.

Good, so it doesn't sound INSANE; just challenging! :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It seems the combat, so far at the very least (I am still at early Chapter 2), feels a bit button mashy. And the camera spins way too fast and erratically... this is going to take a bit of time to getting used to.

I already have in mind 6 people that I want to main at this point, and to make it balanced, it's 3 guys 3 girls... let see how it goes.

It seems the combat, so far at the very least (I am still at early Chapter 2), feels a bit button mashy. And the camera spins way too fast and erratically... this is going to take a bit of time to getting used to.

I already have in mind 6 people that I want to main at this point, and to make it balanced, it's 3 guys 3 girls... let see how it goes.

You really shouldn't be button mashy, it's an easy way of getting hit by other enemies.

There are better ways of DPSing enemies if you want to go that route (try learning abilities for that).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well, I'm in chapter 5. The story is starting to get better. The first 2 chapters were like tutorial chapters.

sharnaak

Going to finally start this tonight since my copy finally arrived.
I was tempted to buy a copy of the guide from Prima Games but the reviews on amazon stopped me, did anyone buy it and would you guys recommed it?

Bit confused about magic.. in combat it says Ace has Blizzard and Cure available to him, but when I check his equipment it says Blizzara and Cura.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Bit confused about magic.. in combat it says Ace has Blizzard and Cure available to him, but when I check his equipment it says Blizzara and Cura.

Can anyone explain this to me?

You have the hold the cast button down to charge it. It got me at first too. Didn't realize until Chapter 6 what the mechanic was.

NateDog

Yeah seems like the game is made much more easy in the HD collection, and it sounds like levelling up is easier too which sucks a bit considering how long it takes to level in the PSP version at times.

You can only find her in the last 6 hours of every day.

If you met Kazusa, he's the same.

Also I never knew this.

Geg

I guess I've been ignoring Emina's quest because every time I talk to her she gives me the same line about a bikini. Is that supposed to be my hint to buy a bikini for her?

I just beat the game. It was great.
They look pretty dead. I'm wondering what's going on with Type-1 then.

Probably the same thing that happened with the mainline series. They won't be connected at all.

also

Start up Newgame+. After the first two missions, all the missions will be new.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Terrible graphics. too much grinding. Disconnected story. Enough said! Lol

we re in some serious drakengard 3 territory here.

Eggbok

I need help, I'm so clueless right now. I know there are certain trials I have to do to unlock Eidolons but I have no idea where they are. Should I be looking for them throughout the cities on the map? Or are they in the story missions?

HALP PLS

Ray Down

Banned
I seem to recall reading that the voice acting was all recorded years ago, is that true? Its pretty terrible, especially Jack's VA

Well rumor is that they were bringing this over with the original PSP release and they were in prodction of translating it and dubbing it but they ended up stopping it

Go_Ly_Dow

In really struggling on the factory infiltration mission. I have around 6 characters total left....

The final section before the boss with the magitek armours. I have no problem killing them but have trouble killing the guards before they enter the next suit.

I thought fuck it and used my summon to wipe em all out but then I got one shotted against the boss and since I already used the summon I had no chance of beating it.

addik

Man I'm at Chapter 3 and I just did the first Expert Trial. Holy shit that was tough :/

I keep messing up when Militesi is spamming those Collusi machines to your Dominion. At that point it's pretty much a checkmate. Killed a few characters trying to infiltrate the base. I finally got it on my second try though. The final boss wasn't so tough but damn that Regen. I actually think I suck at this game, lol

What is with this game and blocking recordings? Speaking to ace during the start of Chapter 3, he has two text boxes with one lyric in one of them and the game is like "Nope, can't record that shit!" then turns back on immediately after the conversation is done.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So what's the best thing to do in between missions? I just got to the part where I can go outside the academy in between mission days. What should I be doing?

You know whats amazing is this is the first time in forever that I've actually gone around and talked to everyone all the time. If the voice acting is terrible (oddly enough its getting better as the game goes on..) and the localization can be touchy during cut scenes...the text in the game is wonderfully done.

From the entries in the Crystarium, to the TONs of NPCs in the game, they really lend character and personality to the world of Orience. I would truly recommend if you're having issues connecting with the narrative that you take the time to talk it out!

You know whats amazing is this is the first time in forever that I've actually gone around and talked to everyone all the time. If the voice acting is terrible (oddly enough its getting better as the game goes on..) and the localization can be touchy during cut scenes...the text in the game is wonderfully done.

From the entries in the Crystarium, to the TONs of NPCs in the game, they really lend character and personality to the world of Orience. I would truly recommend if you're having issues connecting with the narrative that you take the time to talk it out!

I pretty much do this in all games (sort of OCD with me), but I agree that this really does breath life into the game. There's some fun little things that you could miss out on too such as getting the l'cie crystal in Rokol (I think it was Rokol).

Seems like I get motion sickness every time I play this. Only turning the camera very slowly and only when the character stands still helps a bit, but eventually the headache creeps in.

I'd like to play this more but not sure if it's worth the pain and nausea.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Terrible graphics. too much grinding. Disconnected story. Enough said! Lol

we re in some serious drakengard 3 territory here.

I've been waiting for this!

Characters look really good!

I ask. What better jrpg is coming out on ps4 This year?

And looks better than any other remaster published so far. FF community btw to answer your question.

Really? I thought it looked amazing actually.

Fuck, they really did great! I'm surprised how more smooth and manageable is the camera now in Type-0HD. I love TABATA.

I pretty much do this in all games (sort of OCD with me), but I agree that this really does breath life into the game. There's some fun little things that you could miss out on too such as getting the l'cie crystal in Rokol (I think it was Rokol).

Not only that, there are quite a few quests and items/lore that you are only able to obtain via just talking to people. I was surprised how often I was glad I took the time to talk with all NPCs in a newly rescued town led to awesome rewards and otherwise hidden quests.

sensui-tomo

Which is why they should have put it on the motherfucking VITA

I think SE wanted the game to sell decently.(I have a vita and vita tv and support it all the time but yeah lets be serious Vita doesnt get good numbers in sales unless you're persona )
I've always wondered what FFX hd vita collection sold in the west.

Top Bottom