• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Reveirg

The graphics were never going to be super amazing. There's only so much they could do with a PSP base and the amount of budget and time they were given.

I kept getting Drakengard 3/Dirge of Cerberus/The 3rd Birthday vibes because of the graphics. S-E's mid-tier budget titles all have the same feel for some reason, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Not that it actually bothered me, I had a blast with this game. Superb art direction + Orchestrated soundtrack > Quality of graphics, anytime for me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think SE wanted the game to sell decently.(I have a vita and vita tv and support it all the time but yeah lets be serious Vita doesnt get good numbers in sales unless you're persona )
I've always wondered what FFX hd vita collection sold in the west.

It outsold the 360 version of Lightning Returns :V.

So.

I really want to love this game. So many systems, characters, weapons, etc.

But the camera. I can't stand the camera. Not just from an appeal sense but I feel so sick from the speed and motion blur.

I really need to ask: what are the odds of a patch fixing this? : (

So.

But the camera. I can't stand the camera. Not just from an appeal sense but I feel so sick from the speed and motion blur.

Unlikely anytime soon unfortunately. It does help, at least during combat, to make sure you stick to R1 as your means of switching targets and angles in battle.

Shahed

Having pretty much finished the game now there's a lot to like about it. I enjoyed my time with the game's combat mainly, but most of my thoughts while playing were on what the game would have been like if it was a console game from the beginning. If they got rid of inherent PSP limitations and a few other refinements here and there this could have been an absolutely amazing game rather than merely a good/decent one.

How much extra story stuff is on subsequent playthroughs? I'm quite enjoying it.

Zee-Row

Banned
I don't think I'm playing this game correctly , I'm playing the mission where you are fighting the guy in the mech and getting destroyed in one hit.

Do you have to grind on the world map a little bit to stand a chance? Do I need to buy better accessories?

Shahed

I don't think I'm playing this game correctly , I'm playing the mission where you are fighting the guy in the mech and getting destroyed in one hit.

Do you have to grind on the world map a little bit to stand a chance? Do I need to buy better accessories?

The rule for everything in this game. Dodge like hell and plan for and take advantage of Break/Kill Sights. You can kill enemies far higher level than you with the strategy including the Expert Trials that are meant to be done on NG+

Who do you use? When you fight a boss or a new type of enemy it might be worth switching to a ranged character to see their attack patterns and what moves of there's trigger the Break/Kill markers. Ace makes it easy since his dodge is the best, but then he's pretty much easy mode for this game anyway. Then you can use whoever to dodge and time your attacks properly. Generally speaking if yoh constantly attack, then the enemy you're fighting will never trigger a yellow or red marker

There's been one Cave to go to and the other I can't do yet. What other side content is there?
There's tasks (both on the Akademeia and on towns on the world map) and Moglin classes. I think those two are the main ones. Besides that you have your expert trials (not recommended for first playthrough) and replaying missions from the main menu (not necessary unless you feel like doing so).

You can also walk around the world map to search for a few shiny items (if you can reach Iscah then there should be one in those ruins for instance).

Having pretty much finished the game now there's a lot to like about it. I enjoyes my time with it, but most of my thoughts while playing were on what the game would have been like if it was a console game from the beginning. If they got rid of inherent PSP limitations and a few other refinements here and there this could have been an absolutely amazing game rather than merely a good/decent one.

How much extra story stuff is on subsequent playthroughs? I'm quite enjoying it.
Quite a bit. You get new missions and cutscenes, and towards the end you get a bit more stuff story-related.

Focus on dodging and learn to trigger his break sights. Boss fights you gotta focus on dodging more than anything.

You can grind some if you'd like things to go a touch easier for you but it certainly isn't required. Battles can be tough, especially in the beginning as you are required to do quite a lot in battles with different characters. Who mission and who are you using?

And yes, spend the time to pick your top stable of say 6 cadets and improve their equipment some, gil is easy to come by in this game and accessories and proper ability equips make the different.

Ray Down

Banned
When is the next Active Time Report?

If it's soon I would imagine a statement to be made there.

No date and I expect for them to not mention it.

At most any talk of Type-0 will be like thanks for the fans for making this happen and for loving the game. Maybe some talk about the secret ending.

Other than that it's FFXV from here on out.

Not only that, there are quite a few quests and items/lore that you are only able to obtain via just talking to people. I was surprised how often I was glad I took the time to talk with all NPCs in a newly rescued town led to awesome rewards and otherwise hidden quests.
Yeah, exactly. I was wrong about Rokol being the town I was thinking of, but there was one that had four guys being interested in these circus girls and it was a fun little side quest that would otherwise be missed if yoy don't talk to the npc's.

Shahed

Speaking of the sidequests in random towns, do you get much useful from the L'Cie Crystals? I've turned in like 10-15 and have no Idea what it leads to

rybrad

So.

I am not sure if this will be useful info to you or not but you will probably get used to it. I couldn't play more than 1-2 hours sessions when i first started without feeling extremely nauseous. After a couple days of playing that way I just got used to it and it doesn't bother me at all now even after really long sessions (8+ hours with only small breaks).

Geg

Speaking of the sidequests in random towns, do you get much useful from the L'Cie Crystals? I've turned in like 10-15 and have no Idea what it leads to

One of the towns has an NPC who will take them. I don't remember the town, but it's a big guy in black armor.

Basically you just get flavor text about what those l'Cie did to turn to crystal. I'm not sure if there's any reward beyond that since I only found like four

Jawmuncher

There's tasks (both on the Akademeia and on towns on the world map) and Moglin classes. I think those two are the main ones. Besides that you have your expert trials (not recommended for first playthrough) and replaying missions from the main menu (not necessary unless you feel like doing so).

You can also walk around the world map to search for a few shiny items (if you can reach Iscah then there should be one in those ruins for instance).

Quite a bit. You get new missions and cutscenes, and towards the end you get a bit more stuff story-related.

Focus on dodging and learn to trigger his break sights. Boss fights you gotta focus on dodging more than anything.

Hmm that's basically what I've been doing. Maybe I should listen to mog when he says I'll be fine for the next mission.

Hmm that's basically what I've been doing. Maybe I should listen to mog when he says I'll be fine for the next mission.
If he says that then you're fine =P

I think I should go through the game again from the beginning, a lot of enemies that are apparently one-shotting people that I don't remember myself.

Does this game necessitate a guide? Or is it relavely easy/set up in a way you don't have to worry about missing stuff?
There is missable stuff, but I at least was able to find pretty much everything by myself.

You might want a guide for some quests at most.

If I abort a mission will I lose all my levels gained in said mission?
Nope. You lose the items though, I think.

Animekatt

Is there any way to push the story on from the break period? I'm at the beginning of chapter 3, with 2 hours until mission time. I can't find any more green ! Icons to move the time along.

Is there any way to push the story on from the break period? I'm at the beginning of chapter 3, with 2 hours until mission time. I can't find any more green ! Icons to move the time along.
Going to the world map takes six hours which you could use to do quests, doing expert missions takes twelve hours on top (although they hard as hell) , and make sure to do Mog's lectures. They cost 2 hours a piece and give lots of juicy start boosts.

If you don't want to do that, head to the room up the stairs in the main hall and talk to the person at the back with an info marker above their head. They can get you to skip straight to the mission.

You mean, just skip the remaining time and go to the next mission? Yeah, talk to the NPC at the command room (enter the main hall and up the stairs), he'll let you skip the remaining time.

But in case you want more side content you usually have tasks (both in the Akademeia and in towns on the world map) to pass the remaining time.

edit: oh, it's 2 hours, I read 2 days, sorry =P

So yeah, just go talk to the NPC.

Does this game necessitate a guide? Or is it relavely easy/set up in a way you don't have to worry about missing stuff?

The only thing i looked up was how to get the airship. But its built to where you can just keep beating the game over and over and keep your gear/levels/gil/SPP/etc.

Jawmuncher

If he says that then you're fine =P

I think I should go through the game again from the beginning, a lot of enemies that are apparently one-shotting people that I don't remember myself.

There is missable stuff, but I at least was able to find pretty much everything by myself.

You might want a guide for some quests at most.

Nope. You lose the items though, I think.

Thinking about it, I have probably been going overboard.

I can't even describe how epic Chapter 6 was, I mean, HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!

SPOILER!

Gilgamesh, Alexander, the song "Clash on the big bridge" from FF V, I'm crying

THANK YOU, TABATA

Zee-Row

Banned
You can grind some if you'd like things to go a touch easier for you but it certainly isn't required. Battles can be tough, especially in the beginning as you are required to do quite a lot in battles with different characters. Who mission and who are you using?

And yes, spend the time to pick your top stable of say 6 cadets and improve their equipment some, gil is easy to come by in this game and accessories and proper ability equips make the different.

I'm fighting that guy with the eyepatch. I forgot the mission number but its early in the game.

I'm fighting that guy with the eyepatch. I forgot the mission number but its early in the game.

I believe damage scales according to level (could be wrong), so if you're not around whatever level that boss is, you'll get one-shotted pretty easily. Ranged characters are great for the fight. Just dodge till you see an opening and hit a Break-sight.

Shahed

How much of your sidequest progress carries over to the next playthrough? Will I.need to repeat the same things or will the time not be needed? Does the same hold true for Expert Trials? I did quite a few, but had to let some go because they were either difficult or lack of time

How much of your sidequest progress carries over to the next playthrough? Will I.need to repeat the same things or will the time not be needed? Does the same hold true for Expert Trials? I did quite a few, but had to let some go because they were either difficult or lack of time

Expert Trials I don't know, but Tasks are reset between playthroughs (so you can get the same item twice). the "!" NPCs that you talked to in your first playthrough won't consume time to talk to a second time, and the little "side-stories" (Carla, Quon, Kazusa, Emina, etc...) carry over on to next playthroughs.

You also get an item to turn back time in 2 days (limited in use, but you get more for doing the NG+ missions).

Shahed

Expert Trials I don't know, but Tasks are reset between playthroughs (so you can get the same item twice). the "!" NPCs that you talked to in your first playthrough won't consume time to talk to a second time, and the little "side-stories" (Carla, Quon, Kazusa, Emina, etc...) carry over on to next playthroughs.

You also get an item to turn back time in 2 days (limited in use, but you get more for doing the NG+ missions).
Oh that's cool. I finished Emina and Kazusa so that will save me a lot of time, as will not using up the clock talking to my classmates. With the item as well doing Expert Trials should be pretty easy even if they get reset.

Thanks

Eggbok

Finished it and got the platinum, enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would to be honest.

gifcarltondance.gif~c200

Top Bottom