• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ZeroX03

Banned
Square-Enix announced FFX for Vita before the system even came out. Since the two games they published at launch, they've only published one other game (in Japan only) and FFX HD for the system. SE's support for Vita is definitely in question.

Levyne

Banned
Square-Enix announced FFX for Vita before the system even came out. Since the two games they published at launch, they've only published one other game (in Japan only) and FFX HD for the system. SE's support for Vita is definitely in question.

Damn, it really has been a long time.

ricelord

just lost about 20 hours in ffx by downloading a old save file from my ps+ online storage. I'm going to cry my self to sleep tonight .

got to do fucking blitz ball all over again for wakka weapon and for the reels

t26

Don't forget Army Corps of Hell. But their other game (Lord of Apocalypse) is a port so more ports would be in line with what they do.

Synless

Is there a good trophy guide anywhere? Also, can you get some of the Al Bhed primers that are missed? Like the one I missed on the boat in the beginning of the game.

Is there a good trophy guide anywhere? Also, can you get some of the Al Bhed primers that are missed? Like the one I missed on the boat in the beginning of the game.

There's a few missable books but i think if you get them on a different save file you can import them to your main save

You don't really beed a trophy guide as long as you get the few permanently missable primers since that is the only missable trophy and all the rest you can do after you get to post game. So you might want to just look at a primer location guide at least once you hit the desert area (that is when the 3 missable primers start to come into play). Also you might want to make sure you get the destruction sphere treasure in Besaid Temple or you might need to Zanmato the Dark Aeon that appears there later. That one is not missable tho so not a huge deal.

Flandy

Man I need to stop accidentally bumping into dark aeons.

I jokingly was showing my friend Dark Valefor earlier today so he could watch me get slaughtered and to my surprise I was able to kill it with a less than optimal Attack Reels (like 6 hits), slice and dice, and a few other turns lol

Squire

Banned
Should I quit Rikku's path on the sphere grid and start her down Lulu's? I've never done that before, so I'm curious if it's a good idea. For reference I have her very close to the node that teaches Mug.

Atlantis

You could follow Lulu's grid and unlock the Level 3 lock to pick up Bribe, but starting her grid at the point your at will put you so far behind your other characters in power I highly doubt you'll ever touch Rikku's Black Magic. Best off tossing items and using Copycat if you feel the urge to cast spells.

ubercheez

FFFFFF

Spent an hour in the Omega Ruins capturing stuff and was walking back to the save point. Forgot to re-equip my First Strike weapon after one battle, and of course I hit a Great Malboro in the next one. 10 steps from the save point. Game over.

Footos22

No it isn't, a game is a minimum of 6 minutes. The clock runs at double speed. You can easily do it in under 4 hours if you're going get one goal -> swim behind goalie and sit there.

yep just score once then dig into your keeper. for some reason opposite team just leave you alone lol

Ezi0

I only have 22 fiends left to encounter in Oversoul state in X-2 for the Bestiary trophy. Hopefully I'll have it done later. I thought it would be alot worse but being able to escape from the encounters is a tremendous help in speeding everything up.

FFFFFF

Spent an hour in the Omega Ruins capturing stuff and was walking back to the save point. Forgot to re-equip my First Strike weapon after one battle, and of course I hit a Great Malboro in the next one. 10 steps from the save point. Game over.

Damn, that sucks :(.

Is the Bribe amount relative to item drops? I gave exactly 10x the max HP and kept bribing 1gil to get ghost to leave. He gave me 16 Mega Phoenix but it was supposed to be 40.

Mendrox

Man, playing FFX-2 HD on the vita with a 100% guide. Love the international version and having fun. I forgot how good the battle system was when you have a few dressspheres and skills. :) Having 32% at the moment! Sidequests are good too. Nothing too boring.

Echoe

Neo Member
Can anyone tell me what the best way is to remodel the sphere grid?
I read that the best way to start is by putting your characters in a corner.
But from there is it better to replace everything that's not +4? Or is is better to make like sections(1 section for str only, 1 section for def, ...)? I'm kinda confused because if you replace every node that's not +4 then you'll have to take the same path over and over for each attribute.
Thanks in advance.

any tips on doing lulu's spell spam overdrive on vita?

im scared that ill break this shit if i try my usual stick twirl technique i use on normal controllers.

Saphirax

Can anyone tell me what the best way is to remodel the sphere grid?
I read that the best way to start is by putting your characters in a corner.
But from there is it better to replace everything that's not +4? Or is is better to make like sections(1 section for str only, 1 section for def, ...)? I'm kinda confused because if you replace every node that's not +4 then you'll have to take the same path over and over for each attribute.
Thanks in advance.

Replacing nodes isn't really necessary unless you plan to max out everything and refrain from using Zanmato.

If you do plan to do it then yeah it'd be best to gather all characters in one spot while making note of their base stat differences. However, I do believe you still end up with some leeway even if you go for max stats.

Is the Bribe amount relative to item drops? I gave exactly 10x the max HP and kept bribing 1gil to get ghost to leave. He gave me 16 Mega Phoenix but it was supposed to be 40.

40 is the nominal number at 20x max HP.

10x max HP is the minimal amount that makes bribe work.

The number of items you get is random, from 50% below to 50% above the nominal number. So if you bribe him for 20x max HP, you'll get from 20 to 60 items.

The more you pay, the higher the nominal number, but the "sweet spot" is 20x max HP. Bribe less and your item/gil is lower, Bribe more and your item/gil is also lower(on average).

Guides are almost all universally based on the original Japanese version, where Bribe was black and white. Bribe 20x hp or more and you get X items, guaranteed. Every version since has done the "curve".

OmegaDL50

In FFX, I usually dread running into a Marlboro because of Bad Breath without First Strike.

Now in FFX-2, Chapter 3 at Besaid, I can't even encounter one and WANT it to cast Bad Breath for my Gun Mage.

Meh...the irony.

I guess Great Malboros in Omega Ruins has First Strike. Initiative has never ever failed to guard me against ambushes except against those specific Malboros.

40 is the nominal number at 20x max HP.

10x max HP is the minimal amount that makes bribe work.

The number of items you get is random, from 50% below to 50% above the nominal number. So if you bribe him for 20x max HP, you'll get from 20 to 60 items.

The more you pay, the higher the nominal number, but the "sweet spot" is 20x max HP. Bribe less and your item/gil is lower, Bribe more and your item/gil is also lower(on average).

Guides are almost all universally based on the original Japanese version, where Bribe was black and white. Bribe 20x hp or more and you get X items, guaranteed. Every version since has done the "curve".

This is the exact info I needed, thanks! I guess I should just max it out whenever I can afford it.

OmegaDL50

The Fiend Arena in the Creature Creator in FFX-2 is a great way to learn Blue Bullet abilities for the Gun Mage.

Some monsters are restricted to certain chapters, such as the Protochimera for example.

However in the Arena, I can just pick a test battle. Go down the list for a group with the fiend I'm looking for and use it to get the abilities I need.

NG+ may not even be required if you can get all of the Blue Magic this way,

Saphirax

The Fiend Arena in the Creature Creator in FFX-2 is a great way to learn Blue Bullet abilities for the Gun Mage.

Some monsters are restricted to certain chapters, such as the Protochimera for example.

However in the Arena, I can just pick a test battle. Go down the list for a group with the fiend I'm looking for and use it to get the abilities I need.

You don't need all Blue Bullet abilities for the platinum.

This is the exact info I needed, thanks! I guess I should just max it out whenever I can afford it.

I very rarely bribe for more, because the curve tapers off quickly. Like 10x the bribe for twice the items.

I will on occasion bribe for less, when you have a situation where 2x "perfect" bribes will give > 99 items and cause some to be lost.

OmegaDL50

You don't need all Blue Bullet abilities for the platinum.

I never said anything about getting platinum.

Some of the Blue Bullet abilities have very useful utility and are practical in combat. Skills such as Absorb which is basically a combined Osmosis and Drain.

Mighty Guard is also useful for some of the optional boss fights. Storm Cannon also is useful doing non-elemental magic damage that ignores defense to the entire enemy party based on the casters level times 30, which makes it basically a more effective version of Dark Knight's Darkness skill without the health drain and faster recovery time.

Also Blue Bullet skills cannot be nullified by silence, so basically Absorb + Storm Cannon can be spammed endlessly.

Son Of D

Also makes it safer and easier to get Cry in the Night, which requires a Mega Tonberry to Oversoul.

Silly question if someone knows the answer:

I'm following a guideof X-2 and I'm at a point where I'm supposed to start the PR/Marriage missions. Apparently they are pretty long term stuff but the guide doesn't specify when I should complete the quest, only at what point it should be done at latest. If I happen to complete one or both does it increase my % thus screwing up any % checks?

Levyne

Banned
For the PR mission, you just need to have 400 "points" for one of the companies by some point in Chapter 5. Once you have more than that you can call it quits. There's really no reason to shoot for both companies. You can check your points by just talking to one of the company guys. The quest doesn't end until Chapter 5, but you don't have to think about it anymore if you hit 400. So you won't get any % until then, no worries.

For the marriage you can get a Speed Bracer, and if you see a certain commsphere I think you can get 50,000 gil independent of that. The accessory is okay but you can get it other ways and it doesn't affect %.

Saphirax

I never said anything about getting platinum.

Some of the Blue Bullet abilities have very useful utility and are practical in combat. Skills such as Absorb which is basically a combined Osmosis and Drain.

Mighty Guard is also useful for some of the optional boss fights. Storm Cannon also is useful doing non-elemental magic damage that ignores defense to the entire enemy party based on the casters level times 30, which makes it basically a more effective version of Dark Knight's Darkness skill without the health drain and faster recovery time.

Also Blue Bullet skills cannot be nullified by silence, so basically Absorb + Storm Cannon can be spammed endlessly.

I thought you were referring to getting the platinum because of your NG+ comment, my bad :D.

OmegaDL50

I thought you were referring to getting the platinum because of your NG+ comment, my bad :D.

Nah, some enemies can only be encountered in certain chapters. Meaning if you miss out on getting the skills when you encounter them and move on to a certain chapter where you can't find them anymore, this means you'd basically need to start game all over from NG+ just to encounter them again in the hopes of getting the Blue Bullet abilities.

This was a problem in the original release of FFX-2 because there was no Creature Capture Arena to fight whatever specific fiends you wanted.

It made collecting all of the Blue Bullets a tedious task because you then needed to hunt down specific fiends on a per chapter basis and hope they actually use the special skill you need.

Thankfully the Arena now prevents that crap and you can now just get whatever abilities you want at your leisure when you fill up all of the monster groups for doing the fiend tournaments.

Of course you could also go to the Via Infinto, but that's random as well. It much easier to pick your battles by choosing whatever fiends you want to fight by the list in the Fiend Arena.

Carbonox

Dark Bahamut down. Tried him without using Yojimbo but the punk ass missed nearly every one of my attacks and over time killed me off. That's when I thought fuck it and Zanmato'd him the next go after.

3 more Aeons left, hnnnngh.

Great Malboros don't have First Strike, they just always ambush regardless of Initiative.

Never had that issue with Great Malboros (Inside Sin). I capped all 10 of them there. I always just passed Tidus' turn to Yuna, summon Valefor, spam Sonic Wings then dismiss for the capping blow. Tidus always has Capture+Initiative.

ubercheez

Never had that issue with Great Malboros (Inside Sin). I capped all 10 of them there. I always just passed Tidus' turn to Yuna, summon Valefor, spam Sonic Wings then dismiss for the capping blow. Tidus always has Capture+Initiative.

Huh. You're right, I just looked it up and they're only guaranteed the ambush in the Omega Ruins. Could've sworn the couple I encountered in Inside Sin also ambushed me, but I must be misremembering.

Saphirax

Huh. You're right, I just looked it up and they're only guaranteed the ambush in the Omega Ruins. Could've sworn the couple I encountered in Inside Sin also ambushed me, but I must be misremembering.

Well any fiend has a chance of ambushing you so that's what probably happened.

I just put Confuseproof + Stoneproof on one character when walking around in the Omega Ruins. That protects against the Greater Malboros as well as the Demonoliths. For the Greater Malboros, just Esuna everyone and then keep using Delay Buster on them and they won't have a chance to hit you again.

Huh, so Provoke works on Malboros? Wish I knew about that sooner.

Couldn't afford Confuse/Stoneproofs. I'll probably be done with all caps before I get any ideal capping setup.

ubercheez

I just put Confuseproof + Stoneproof on one character when walking around in the Omega Ruins. That protects against the Greater Malboros as well as the Demonoliths. For the Greater Malboros, just Esuna everyone and then keep using Delay Buster on them and they won't have a chance to hit you again.

But Bad Breath can also cause Berserk. That's what got me yesterday.

OmegaDL50

With First Strike and your opening attack is Delay Buster on a Great Malboro in the Omega Ruins.

The Great Malboro has an automatic counter of this munch and spit out attack, basically giving up his chance to use Bad Breath.

From that point on you can just pick him apart with good old fashion quick hits or standard attacks, by the time his turn comes around again, he won't get the chance to use Bad Breath because he'll be pretty much dead.

Joni

With First Strike and your opening attack is Delay Buster on a Great Malboro in the Omega Ruins.

The Great Malboro has an automatic counter of this munch and spit out attack, basically giving up his chance to use Bad Breath.

From that point on you can just pick him apart with good old fashion quick hits or standard attacks, by the time his turn comes around again, he won't get the chance to use Bad Breath because he'll be pretty much dead.

A Doublecast of Firaga also quickly destroys them. I'm doing 50K damage with that one turn.

squall211

Did anyone else follow (or is currently following) Kouli's guide on gamefaqs for the 100% completion in one playthrough?

I have been following it, and everything went fine for the first two+ chapters, but now I seem to be about 0.2% behind where the guide claims I should be (currently in Chapter 3). The only thing that I think could possibly be "off" is paying off O'aka's debt. I paid it off and he jumped ship, but after catching up with him I didn't get a "mission complete". Are you supposed to get one for paying off the debt?

Top Bottom