• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandinsky

Pai Pai Master said:
Gotcha. I'm probably going to deactivate my account for the month of April so I can make it through finals and graduation, but I'll be back in early May.
Make sure you check your delivery box before tomorrow!

Sorry to have been such an absentee (Galadrian is the char, if no one remembers..) ever since I hit the 60 cap, I've been taking a break.. too many offline games to play :lol

still subscribed, though.

Teknoman

merging_galaxies_020507_02.jpg

B-Dex

SO my google skills have failed me.

Whats the difference between pc/360 graphics? Are the 360 versions actually a bit nicer?

I couldn't find anything about it other than Square's little "Enhanced HD graphics and 5.1 surround sound" line.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
B-Dex said:
SO my google skills have failed me.

Whats the difference between pc/360 graphics? Are the 360 versions actually a bit nicer?

I couldn't find anything about it other than Square's little "Enhanced HD graphics and 5.1 surround sound" line.
All three versions use exactly the same models and textures. The PC version is potentially the best, because of the custom resolution options. The game doesn't support AA at all, but you can render at a resolution higher than your screen resolution and sample down. (supersampling) I render at 3,360X2100 for a 1,6808X1,050 target resolution.
The 360 version freezes during an event called Besieged, just so you know.

Amneisac

Okay, I have my home PC and xbox 360 all updated and ready to roll again. Installing it on my work PC now (6 hours to update!). I'm going to be transferring to Sylph with a friend after everything is open for transfers again. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys then.

Oh, edited to add this:

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ga...textures-game-looks-amazing-look-see-how.html

AT YOUR OWN RISK - This shows you how to make some of the graphical tweaks to FFXI (namely increasing the size of the background textures)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/5338/detail.html

Update details are up!

Event-related

New areas have been made accessible in past Vana'diel.

imageNew Wings of the Goddess missions have been added.

imageNew in-game content "Trial of the Magians" has been added.
"Trial of the Magians" is the title given to a new quest series designed especially for level 75 characters.
To initiate a quest in Trial of the Magians, players must speak with the "Magian Moogle" NPC located at H-5 in the Ru'Lude Gardens.

Several new quests, including those granting the ability to summon the new avatars, Alexander and Odin, have been added.

The following changes have been made to Moblin Maze Mongers:

* The reward for completing the Aquatic Depopulation Team objective has been adjusted.

New hunt objectives have been added to Hunt Registries.

New fish varieties have been added for the quest "Inside the Belly."

To view certain event replay scenes in the "Saga of the Skyserpent" quest, players must now go to the Wajaom Woodlands (M-7) instead of Aht Urhgan Whitegate (E-8).
Battle-related

The distribution of certain monsters has been adjusted in the following area:
Xarcabard

The following changes have been made to Campaign:

* The following areas may now host Campaign Battles:
Castle Zvahl Baileys / Castle Zvahl Keep
* New Campaign decorations have been unlocked, and new items obtainable by trading Allied Notes added.
* New Campaign Ops have been added.
* Player evaluation for completing a Campaign Ops objective has been adjusted.
* The strength of the Shadowsoul Battalion has been adjusted.

imageSeveral new Notorious Monsters have been added.
To accommodate this addition, the new NPC "Assai Nybaem" has been posted to the Ru'Lude Gardens (G-10).
*Players wishing to battle the new set of Notorious Monsters added this version update should speak to this NPC.

The depop conditions for the following Notorious Monsters have been adjusted:
Oupire / Scylla / Zirnitra / Lugh / Elatha / Buarainech / Tethra / Ethniu

The repop counter has been shortened for Notorious Monsters spawned via the "???" targets in the following locations:
Ru'Aun Gardens / Ve'Lugannon Palace / Shrine of Ru'Avitau

With the addition of the new avatars, Alexander and Odin, summoners are now able to use the "Astral Flow" job ability even when no avatars have been invoked.

The following changes have been made to puppetmaster:

* Hand-to-hand combat rating has been raised from rank C to B+.
* The puppetmaster's level will now be factored into the extent that maneuvers enhance automaton stats.
*The rate of enhancement will be adjusted for when puppetmaster is used as a support job, or when a level restriction is in place.
* The effects of the following attachments have been adjusted:
Armor Plate / Armor Plate II / Auto-Repair Kit / Auto-Repair Kit II / Mana Tank / Mana Tank II
* The performance of automaton frames has been adjusted.
* The ranged accuracy of automatons is no longer affected by distance to the target.

Item-related

Items obtainable from Treasure Caskets have been overhauled.

* Evolith and other new items have been added.
* Other revisions have been made to available items.

The reward items obtainable with Conquest Points have been altered as follows:

Grand Knight's arrow -> Temple Knight's quiver
Gold Musketeer's bolt -> Iron Musketeer's quiver
Patriarch Protector's arrow -> Combat Caster's quiver

*These new enchanted items can produce ammunition with identical attributes to the former items.
*Players possessing the former items may trade them to a Conquest Overseer to receive the new items.

Several pieces of new equipment have been added.

New synthesis recipes have been added.

The following changes have been made to the Synergy system:

* The synergy skill level cap has been raised to 60 (Journeyman).
* Synthesis skill bonuses granted by equipment and furnishings are now taken into account when performing synergy.
* New elemental traits selectable when etching evolith apertures have been added. (*certain weapons excluded)
* New types of evolith have been added.
* Synergy furnaces have been removed from Lower Jeuno.
* Several new synergy recipes have been added.

< Rank: Amateur >
Item Required Crafting Skill Ingredients
Carrot Broth Cooking San d'Or. Carrot x 4
Herbal Broth Cooking Frost Turnip x 2, Beaugreens x 2
Bug Broth Cooking Lugworm x 2, Shell Bug x 2
< Rank: Recruit >
Kingdom Earring — Kingdm. Waystone, Silver Earring
Republic Earring — Repub. Waystone, Silver Earring
Federation Earring — Feder. Waystone, Silver Earring
Humus Woodworking Bay Leaves, Elm Log
Tree Sap Woodworking Maple Sugar, Chestnut Log
Carrion Broth Cooking Hare Meat x 2, Rotten Meat, Gelatin
< Rank: Initiate >
Selbina Earring — Selbina Waystone, Silver Earring
Mhaura Earring — Mhaura Waystone, Silver Earring
Duchy Earring — Duchy Waystone, Silver Earring
Rabao Earring — Rabao Waystone, Silver Earring
Kazham Earring — Kazham Waystone, Silver Earring
Grass. Broth Cooking Skull Locust x 2, King Locust, Mushroom Locust, La Theine Cbg., Gysahl Greens
Meat Broth Cooking Hare Meat, Dhalmel Meat, G. Sheep Meat, Gelatin
Fish Broth Cooking Bastore Sardine x 4
Fish Broth Cooking Hamsi x 4
< Rank: Novice >
Norg Earring — Norg Waystone, Silver Earring
Mole Broth Cooking Snapping Mole x 2, Helmet Mole, Lugworm, Shell Bug, Loam
Mole Broth Cooking Snapping Mole x 2, Helmet Mole, Little Worm, Shell Bug, Loam
Blood Broth Cooking Fiend Blood, Lizard Blood, Bird Blood, Beast Blood, Leech Saliva
Blood Broth Cooking Beastman Blood, Lizard Blood, Bird Blood, Beast Blood, Leech Saliva
Fish Broth Cooking Uskumru x 2
< Rank: Apprentice >
Bronze Ingot Smithing Mildewy Ingot
Brass Ingot Goldsmithing Decayed Ingot
Mariner's Bed R Woodworking Dogwd. Lumber x 4, Cotton Cloth, Silk Cloth, Cotton Thread, Red Textile Dye
Clothcraft
Alchemy
Mariner's Bed B Woodworking Dogwd. Lumber x 4, Cotton Cloth, Silk Cloth, Cotton Thread, Blue Text. Dye
Clothcraft
Alchemy
Mariner's Bed G Woodworking Dogwd. Lumber x 4, Cotton Cloth, Silk Cloth, Cotton Thread, Green Text. Dye
Clothcraft
Alchemy
Mariner's Bed Y Woodworking Dogwd. Lumber x 4, Cotton Cloth, Silk Cloth, Cotton Thread, Yellow Text. Dye
Clothcraft
Alchemy
Mariner's Bed W Woodworking Dogwd. Lumber x 4, Cotton Cloth, Silk Cloth, Cotton Thread, White Text. Dye
Clothcraft
Alchemy
Fish Broth Cooking Bluetail x 2
Fish Broth Cooking Gugru Tuna
Fish Broth Cooking Lakerda
Antica Broth Cooking Antican Acid x 2, Antican Pauldron, Antican Robe, Gelatin
Antica Broth Cooking Antican Acid x 2, Antican Robe x 2, Gelatin
Bavarois Potiron Cooking Maple Sugar, Gelatin, Ogre Pumpkin, Vanilla, Bird Egg, Uleguerand Milk
< Rank : Journeyman >
Gold Nugget — Gold Leaf x 4, Vitriol x 2
Lmg. Medallion Goldsmithing Silver Chain x 2, Jadeite, Befouled Silver
Fylgja Torque Goldsmithing Gold Ingot x 2, Copper Ingot, Ethereal Squama
Incubus Earring Goldsmithing Kidney Stone, Platinum Earring
Ire Torque Goldsmithing Muculent Ingot, Torque
Pythia Sash Clothcraft Scarlet Kadife, Red Grs. Thread, Mohbwa Cloth
Toxon Belt Leathercraft Igneous Barnacle, Silver Ingot, Lizard Belt
Goldsmithing
Bonecraft
Panetiere Woodworking Mahogany Lbr. x 3, Ebony Lumber x 4, Gold Ingot
Goldsmithing

The selling prices of the following items have been revised:
Skull Locust / King Locust / Mushroom Locust / Snapping Mole / Helmet Mole / Carrot Broth / Famous Carrot Broth / Bug Broth / Quadav Bug Broth / Herbal Broth / Singing Herbal Broth / Carrion Broth / Cold Carrion Broth / Humus / Rich Humus / Meat Broth / Warm Meat Broth / Tree Sap / Scarlet Sap / Fish Broth / Fish Oil Broth / Seedbed Soil / Alchemist Water / Sun Water / Grasshopper Broth / Noisy Grasshopper Broth / Mole Broth / Lively Mole Broth / Blood Broth / Clear Blood Broth / Antica Broth / Fragrant Antica Broth

The harvesting rates for the following items have been adjusted, and they are now dropped by certain enemies:
Skull Locust / King Locust / Mushroom Locust / Snapping Mole / Helmet Mole

The following items may now be entrusted to the item storage NPC:
Jeunoan Tree / Shadow Lord Statue / Snow Bunny Hat +1

The items available by mining in the following areas have been revised:
Mount Zhayolm / Halvung

The icons for the following items have been changed:
Firebrick / Revertant / Aptant: Primus / Aptant: Aecus / Aptant: Durus / Aptant: Bellum / Aptant: Arkhe / Aptant: Tachus / Aptant: Pera / Aptant: Ishis / Aptant: Fyrst / Aptant: Geoc / Aptant: Haelan / Aptant: Secan / Shagreen / Cambric
System-related

The harvesting period for plants grown via gardening has been changed to one week (Earth time).
Furthermore, the crystal feeding period for certain seeds has been changed to two days (Earth time).

The following changes have been made to chocobo breeding:

* When taking their chocobo for a walk, players will now be given the option to take a "leisurely" or "brisk" walk. A "leisurely" walk will show the usual event scene, while a "brisk" walk will display only text.
*This choice will not affect the benefits received from the walk itself.

Miscellaneous

The following changes have been made to the "A Crystalline Prophecy", "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat", and "A Shantotto Ascension" add-on scenarios:

* Certain key items necessary to progress through the add-on scenarios are now available for purchase from the NPC Squintrox Dryeyes (Port Jeuno, G-8).
*These items will only be available to players for whom the following mission names are visible in the mission log for the corresponding scenario(s).
A Crystalline Prophecy -> A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)
A Moogle Kupo d'Etat -> A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)
A Shantotto Ascension -> A Shantotto Ascension (Fin.)
* The maximum attribute values, as well as the chance of receiving high-attribute augments have been increased. The chances of receiving augmented items as a reward have also been raised.

Corrected Issues

An issue in which the maximum allowed movement speed could be exceeded under certain conditions has been corrected.

An issue in which the synergy technique "Lunar Smarts" did not consume the same type of fuel as the current day of the week has been corrected.

An issue in which items placed atop the "Tavern Bench" furnishing were not displaying as intended has been corrected.

An issue in which other furnishings could be placed on top of the "Spence" furnishing has been corrected.

An issue wherein changing areas while having claim over a synergy furnace had unintended consequences has been corrected.

Amneisac

Since we're having a little maintenance and I'm getting excited to get back into the game let me pose a few questions to FFXIGaf:

My buddy has a 72BST. I have a 45BST and a 31PUP. We're going to duo some and then try to get some rank missions and stuff done eventually.

How does PUP + BST duo work? The main reason I quit playing my PUP is because I was sick of getting the new frames (I haven't gotten Valoredge since turning 30). Which automaton would you use with a BST duo? Would I be better off just continuing on with my BST?

Teknoman

Hey pan, edit that with the images.

EDIT: YES.

5338_14.jpg

Several new Notorious Monsters have been added.
To accommodate this addition, the new NPC "Assai Nybaem" has been posted to the Ru'Lude Gardens (G-10).
*Players wishing to battle the new set of Notorious Monsters added this version update should speak to this NPC.

The giant enemy gigacrab has been added :D We need to fight these things.

Nakazato

Teknoman said:
Hey pan, edit that with the images.

EDIT: YES.

5338_14.jpg

Several new Notorious Monsters have been added.

The giant enemy gigacrab has been added :D We need to fight these things.
:O

jiggle

hgplayer1 said:
PUP H2H raised to B+?

wasnt it supposed to get raised to A- or A?

they probably got an earful from all the angry MNKs :lol

at this rate, maybe they'll gimp refresh/convert from sub, come September XD

Teknoman

YuriLowell said:
So with this the server merger has happened? I can join in on the GAF fun?

Its happened, but all day maintenance, so you start tomorrow. Just make sure to grab the update today.

B+ is not bad but I was hoping for a A. Fairy is gone :( I really hope that nobody has my name on the new server. If I have to add another L I'm going to be :/

I'll be on tonight when it switches at 10:00pm MT unless of course it get's extended.

Mandoric

Banned
So I was looking at the .dats.

Desperately want a Nocturnus Helm for WSes. The mail would be awesome too. Also: Strigoi rings. Really curious what the waystones do, and if they're related to a source of warp earrings.
I wonder if the five new generic weapons of each type, all lv75 and gradually scaling up in D, are placeholders for the upgrade stages of the WotG relics. LOL at Aketon +1s

Creel of Moat Carp
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Edit: Dear god @ Panetiere. Massive deletion of mules incoming.

B-Dex

So I got a UCS-5400 error when trying to setup my new POL account. Is it just because everything is down for maintenance?

I logged in on a trial account and POL worked fine.

So something wrong with POL or me? :(

jiggle

some pretty amazing new gears
quite a few money/craft equip gonna price collapse soon XD

Nocturnus Mail
DEF:49 STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+10
Accuracy+12 "Triple Attack"+1%
Occasionally absorbs magic damage
taken
Lv 75 WAR, PLD, DRK, BST, SAM, DRG

Nocturnus Helm
DEF:24 STR+6 DEX+6 AGI+6 Attack+8
"Double Attack"+2%
Occasionally absorbs physical damage
taken
Lv. 75 WAR, PLD, DRK, BST, SAM, DRG

Acubens Helm
DEF:28 Accuracy-10 &#8826;Element: Thunder&#8827;-15 &#8826;Element: Water&#8827;+15
Haste+6%
Lv 75 MNK, THF, BST, RNG, NIN, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC

Aesir Torque
&#8826;Element: Dark&#8827;+20
Elemental magic skill +7
Dark magic skill +7
On Darksdays:
Elemental magic skill +10
Dark magic skill +10
Lv 75 All Jobs

Nightfall
DMG:85 Delay:444 "Regain"
Additional effect: Terror
Lv 75 WAR, PLD, DRK

Moggiebag
Enchantment: Moogle's secret cache
Lvl 1 Ammo All jobs

Mandoric

Banned
jiggle said:
Acubens Helm
DEF:28 Accuracy-10 &#8826;Element: Thunder&#8827;-15 &#8826;Element: Water&#8827;+15
Haste+6%
Lv 75 MNK, THF, BST, RNG, NIN, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC

this is missing SAM. :(

Moggiebag
Enchantment: Moogle's secret cache
Lvl 1 Ammo All jobs

Return of the Jeuno smuggling quests? :lol Nah, probably just makes the tablets easier to find.

The teleport earrings strike me as related to the Waystones, and thus probably quested or NPC-crafted.

Teknoman

Alright lets see here...
Krabkatoa Shell
The massive, still-smoldering shell of the gargantuan Krabkatoa, as solid and durable as a slab of volcanic rock.

Well we know what the giant crab is.

Not sure why Cobra harness was added again.

Is there a guide for the LS color guide thing that I can use to pick the right color this time?

Who wants to help pass out pearls?

Also, last chance if someone else wants to make the shell, speak up now.

Mandoric

Banned
Strigoi = Vampire = Ruthven = ?
Zilant = Dragon = Yilbegan = Beaucedine
Corneus = Horn = Orcus = WSarta
Blobnag = Blob = Blobdingnag = ?
Karka = Clab = Krabkatoa = ERonf
Galda = Chant = ? = ?
Veela = Nymph = Verthandi = ?

maybe? Can't wait to log in and wipe to one of these guys.

Teknoman

Mandoric said:
Strigoi = Vampire = Ruthven = ?
Zilant = Dragon = Yilbegan = Beaucedine
Corneus = Horn = Orcus = WSarta
Blobnag = Blob = Blobdingnag = ?
Karka = Clab = Krabkatoa = ERonf
Galda = Chant = ? = ?
Veela = Nymph = Verthandi = ?

maybe? Can't wait to log in and wipe to one of these guys.

What are the first names for?

Velion

We regret to report that the currently on-going all worlds maintenance will be extended until approximately 22:00 (PDT).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
Mar. 22, 2010 from 8:00 to 22:00 (PDT)
* Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

Predictable Extension.

B-Dex

I shopped around for the last 2 days searching for ultimate collection and finally found 2 copies. (one for me and one for my friend) Installing it now. Had a POL Registration hiccup earlier but it fixed itself after waiting a few hours.

Just have to patch once it's back up :(

Teknoman

Velion said:
We regret to report that the currently on-going all worlds maintenance will be extended until approximately 22:00 (PDT).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
Mar. 22, 2010 from 8:00 to 22:00 (PDT)
* Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

Predictable Extension.

Yup always.

I'm on tonight when it starts back up (Even if it's 4am lol). I need my name in there. I did a quick search of FFXIAH for the server and names that are registered on the server. I know it doesn't include 100% of the population but it's ok I guess to see if your name is taken or not.

vivin

Shouta said:
I can make the right color, screenshot it, then post it up for you to recreate.

pancakesandsex said:
Oh ok, that's cool. Where do you wanna meet? Bastok, Jueno or WG?

make sure you save it in a lossless format .jpg compression might throw the color off (this is if you guys want the exact shade of blue :D )

I'll try to jump on to grab a new pearl when I get the chance, I feel really bad not being on at all lately, but mannn Ive been hit with crap all free time + epic games which need my attention (Heavy rain/ FFXIII says hi)

Also,

New fish varieties have been added for the quest "Inside the Belly."

dammit S-E stop adding so much content >_<;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom