• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having trouble logging in though.

Gotta stay up to remake the shell and make some sacks.

I'm gonna park in bastok mines by the porter over night so if anyone needs a pearl tomorrow gather over there.

Logging in also, I really hope I get to keep my name.

*Update: Yup I got in with Fellix, checking my mule now lol.*

Update2: Mule not logging in :/ Going to keep trying. Getting a error code: 3203

Shouta

Fucking merged servers are down, assholes. :lol

Not only do I lose my char name I've had for years but I can't even test my PUP stuff. >=(

I got logged in 0_0, still nada on mule though. Sitting in Bastok (S) on Sylph. It's scary :(

There goes my capped h2h skill with full merits lol. Anybody want to plan a skillup? :D

Kangaboo

Neo Member
Not letting me log in...

All I want to do is get my CS's and pick up my Raja's Ring before I go to Costa Rica. D:

Looks like I'm getting up ASS early tomorrow.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
demigod said:
Servers are up
Yeah, I logged in for 20 minutes or so and saw absolutely no one I knew in search. I logged off, then back on again a little later, and got a message that they were shutting the servers down in 10 minutes and that I needed to log off again.
I wish I'd logged off in Jeuno before the update. Want to start the Magian questlines ASAP.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Terproerg said:
doesnt say what the values for 3,360X2100 are though. I would like those as its double my native res.
You can switch input from hex to base 10 inside regedit.

desa

Oooo PUPdates.

Fuuuuu I have the sudden urge to play again. I'm a little over a year of being cleaned from FFXI. I cannot cave!

But I love my little badass taru.

No!

Must...resist...FFXIV...soon...

help me

Firehead

desa said:
Oooo PUPdates.

Fuuuuu I have the sudden urge to play again. I'm a little over a year of being cleaned from FFXI. I cannot cave!

No!

help me
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Though, I've been messing around with the fourteen day trial, for now. Trying to figure out if my equipment will return if I retrieve my character and reactivate my account.

Edit:
I just realised this is the one game I just can't seem to quit. I started the moment the PS2 released, quit in 2006, started back up in 2007, quit, started back up in 2008 and quit and now I'm back.
I've also bought it twice for the PS2, thrice for the PC and once on the 360.

Highest level I ever got to was level 40 as a Thief/Ninja, the other times I'd be Warrior or something and then I'd just give up around level 30.
Last time, I was a White Mage and managed to get two of those rings by doing some serious mining in Bastok for a month or so and now I'm thinking about coming back.

Ravidrath

desa said:
Oooo PUPdates.

No!

help me

You should come back - it'll be a fun way to pass the time until XIV!

TAJ

Wow, if I'm reading this right, one of the possible augments on some H2H weapons is +21 damage but +55 delay.
It would increase the damage of Destroyers from 53 (18+35 with capped H2H merits but no Faith Torque) to 74, but only increase total delay by 15%. (from 300+48 at MNK 75 to 300+48+55)

Wait... you can only augment relics or the gimp starter weapons? Nothing in-between? Fuck SE.

Kandinsky

Fuck 3/5 of my names were taken including my main D:

Apparently you need to have ToAU complete to be able to flag both Alex and Odin's quests and each campaign weapon costs 100k AN, also ToM seems win so far :D

TAJ

Kandinsky said:

Apparently you need to have ToAU complete to be able to flag both Alex and Odin's quests and each campaign weapon costs 100k AN, also ToM seems win so far :D
Campaign weapons?

Shouta

Yeah, my name was taken too by someone that has an inactive character, I think. Such bullshit. Hate that so much. My back up name was taken too. So I had to go with Ezlyn, same as my WoW char.

Tabris

Kandinsky said:

ToM is SO not win unless you own a relic. I was hoping for shit like salvage gear to have ToM applicable.

Here's what my friend with a Bravura needs to do. Needs to kill 1500 lizards w/ metatrom torment to unlock dmg+3 (which is amazing) and then 2nd trial is for dmg+7 (which is godly, so fucking over all non-relics) which is probabaly more crazy.

TAJ

Kandinsky said:
Those 3 new weapons (2 swords and a staff) that have campaign only WSs
I can only find the WSs.

Kandinsky

Tabris said:
ToM is SO not win unless you own a relic. I was hoping for shit like salvage gear to have ToM applicable.
Well this is the introduction of the system, did you miss Vanafest last month₧

TAJ

Server's back up.

Just got on with both main character and my mule. 0 name changes :D i was surprised that no one took "Candycane" lol :lol

Nobody touches my Mithra Mule!

Shouta

Damn j00 Sac.

Anyway, I got SoD reserved for us and the old pearl color! If Pancakes wants to make it, I'll destroy this pearl and help him create the proper color when he and I are on.

Rawk Hawk

Son of a bitch. Logged on this morning to set some stuff on AH to sell, Joachim taken. WTF. FFXIAH shows no Joachim, so some jerk has a crappy mule named Joachim. Eitherway changed my name to Rawkhawk, and then was almost instantly mocked by Kandinsky. :lol

Kandinsky

Whoever sent me a tell asking for a pearl, i got d'cd and could not remember your name, send tell again or post your ingame name here :O

Nif

Rawk Hawk said:
Son of a bitch. Logged on this morning to set some stuff on AH to sell, Joachim taken. WTF. FFXIAH shows no Joachim, so some jerk has a crappy mule named Joachim. Eitherway changed my name to Rawkhawk, and then was almost instantly mocked by Kandinsky. :lol

I had a galka mule named Joachim on Midgard. :lol

I am annoyed that my name is probably taken by someone's 6 year old inactive mule. If they were doing something this drastic, they should've migrated both servers to a "new" one and make the duplicate names first come first serve.

Shouta said:
Damn j00 Sac.

Anyway, I got SoD reserved for us and the old pearl color! If Pancakes wants to make it, I'll destroy this pearl and help him create the proper color when he and I are on.

Up to you. I'll be on tonight after I get out of work, but not during lost :p

Did you screenshot the color bars?

Nif

My name was taken. :_(

So sad. People have known me on Nif for years. Had to take Wrex, which is amusing for a taru name and further down the gilteller lists, but 4 letters instead of 3.

Mystic

Neo Member
Kandinsky said:
Whoever sent me a tell asking for a pearl, i got d'cd and could not remember your name, send tell again or post your ingame name here :O

That person would be me

ingame name is Arylias

B-Dex

If anyone can give me a pearl that would be great.

Mirelda in-game. I made an Elvaan F since no one ever does hahah.

It's a fresh start for me BUT I used to play so I know what I'm doing. Mostly.

Teknoman

Kandinsky said:
Bittersweet day for me, on one hand i got into xiv beta and on the other i lost my name D: oh wellz

Wat. Did more invite go out today or something? More importantly, why dont I have an invite in my inbox? :lol

Sheppard

So, I am trying to reactivate my char on the playonline website and it states I should have one of my registration codes. I do not have this at all. So is there ANYWAY I would be able to reactivate my char without this?

Nif

Sheppard said:
So, I am trying to reactivate my char on the playonline website and it states I should have one of my registration codes. I do not have this at all. So is there ANYWAY I would be able to reactivate my char without this?

If you log into the PlayOnline program with your POL ID and password, you should be able to go to services and support and find the registration codes there.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The new Avatar quests are very annoying.

For Odin you have to farm an item from shades in Mire, thankfully it's a pretty common drop, but everyone needs it. Then you have to trade it (and 2 other items you can buy off NPC) to a rat in Nashmau. There's a chance he'll reject the item, making you have to farm it again. Then, when you finally fight Odin, if you lose, yo have to farm it yet again.

Alexander, I haven't gotten yet. Almost to fight part of quest. You have to mine 3 special ores from Mount Z or Halvung. Not Rare/ex so gilfarmers are all over it and trying to sell for up to 100k. Do not know yet if you have to refarm if you lose to Alexander.

Odin, is worthless. You cast him on targeted enemy, not on yourself. He shows up, sucks up all your MP, does his thing and disappears. You can not use him multiple times per Astral Flow like other avatar 2 hours.

Sheppard

So I got my acct back and was wondering what server most of gaf plays on. I am so out of the loop on this game now that I have no idea what or how to do it lol.

Nakazato

Sheppard said:
So I got my acct back and was wondering what server most of gaf plays on. I am so out of the loop on this game now that I have no idea what or how to do it lol.
sylph
I you already have a character would have to do a server transfer

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
K guys, my character is finally transferred to Sylph. Rision in game. Can I get a pearl?

edit: after this update....

Rawk Hawk

_tetsuo_ said:
God no I lost my DRK equipment in my character Transfer D:

Did you have it in your D.Box or something? I know those are lost, but anything you have in your inventory shouldn't have been, I agree with Nakazato, call up SE this morning and tell them what happened.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oops, guess I should have logged in to check on all this. So what was the server name, Slyph? I tried logging in, but it happened to be the day of the all day maintenance. Got a 2 hour patch as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom