• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbird34

Lonestar said:
Oops, guess I should have logged in to check on all this. So what was the server name, Slyph? I tried logging in, but it happened to be the day of the all day maintenance. Got a 2 hour patch as well.

Yeah we are on Sylph now, Fairy is no more

Firehead

Well, since it seems my question was left unanswered..
If I retrieve my character and reactivate my account, will my items that I had be deleted or will they still be on my character? 'Cause I had two astral rings and would rather not go through all the trouble to get 'em again.

Also, how often do invites to XIV get sent out?

ithorien

Firehead said:
Well, since it seems my question was left unanswered..
If I retrieve my character and reactivate my account, will my items that I had be deleted or will they still be on my character? 'Cause I had two astral rings and would rather not go through all the trouble to get 'em again.

Also, how often do invites to XIV get sent out?

If your character was deleted and cannot be reactivated through normal means (going to POL, and reactivating through there), I believe there's a chance they won't restore everything, and there's a chance they will.

I had my account deactivated for over a year and a half though and came back and reactivated with no problems. Give it a shot, you never really know :)

Jbird34

pancakesandsex said:
Tek, Six and I are gonna try and hit rank 10 tomorrow or this weekend. You should come on and join us.

Ok sounds like a plan, I should be home around 7 cst and I will be glad to help with Rank 10!

Count me in too, when is this happening? I'm rank 10 Bastok. Other than that, I'm looking for a couple of ppl to go skill up tonight somewhere (I guess Tree).

CATDAFELIX said:
Count me in too, when is this happening? I'm rank 10 Bastok. Other than that, I'm looking for a couple of ppl to go skill up tonight somewhere (I guess Tree).

Tonight, like, in the next 30 min or so.

Alright. 'seriously thinking of coming back.

1) I have a BLM (30-something) /WHM. Would this be useful?

2) Should I just start over. Thinking DRG/WAR?

I'd move my char to slyph, or just start over w/ the drg.

Anybody?

Micromegas said:
Alright. 'seriously thinking of coming back.

1) I have a BLM (30-something) /WHM. Would this be useful?

2) Should I just start over. Thinking DRG/WAR?

I'd move my char to slyph, or just start over w/ the drg.

Anybody?

That's up to you. Pay the $25 or start over...with the linkshell's help it really won't take that long to get back to level 30.

Pai Pai Master said:
That's up to you. Pay the $25 or start over...with the linkshell's help it really won't take that long to get back to level 30.

That's true. It's not just the $25 -- it's also the way that BLMs get the shaft end-game that makes me want to re-roll a melee char.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Micromegas said:
That's true. It's not just the $25 -- it's also the way that BLMs get the shaft end-game that makes me want to re-roll a melee char.
Do you really want to redo all of your missions, get your outposts again, do the map quests, etc? Then again, you're level 30, so you might not have done a lot of that. If you start over, you can't start with DRG, though.

I'm gonna head on to campaign a bit.

Six/Tek if you guys see this, come on early if you wanna hit rank 10 tonight. Since everyone is busy with Limbus and Sky later we won't be able to do it then.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kind of like Odin now.

rhj3eq.jpg

Jbird34

pancakesandsex said:
I'm gonna head on to campaign a bit.

Six/Tek if you guys see this, come on early if you wanna hit rank 10 tonight. Since everyone is busy with Limbus and Sky later we won't be able to do it then.

Hey pan sorry i wasn't there to help, My best friend had his 1st son Friday and my sister got engaged on sunday so I have a very busy weekend. Did you guys get R10?

Jbird34 said:
Hey pan sorry i wasn't there to help, My best friend had his 1st son Friday and my sister got engaged on sunday so I have a very busy weekend. Did you guys get R10?

Grats to them!

No prob. We hit rank 9. Got 2 more tough fights ahead of us. Blood said he could help out on Tuesday with those. Is Tuesday night around 10 EST good for everyone? I forget what time zones everyone is in, it's Lost night for me, so I'll be on right away after that.

Hopefully if Tuesday doesn't go down we can do something on the weekend. Gonna need a full party for these.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/The_Salt_of_the_Earth
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Where_Two_Paths_Converge

pix

pancakesandsex said:
Grats to them!

No prob. We hit rank 9. Got 2 more tough fights ahead of us. Blood said he could help out on Tuesday with those. Is Tuesday night around 10 EST good for everyone? I forget what time zones everyone is in, it's Lost night for me, so I'll be on right away after that.

This man has his priorities straight! :lol

So I got this real cheap. Have the PC version looking good now after some tweaking. It was a pain in the ass to get the background resolution set (doubled it for AA) and I was pissed until I noticed the aspect ratio option in game. I also kicked the mipmapping up to 4. I have the PS3 controller working now too, so I'm finally ready to go. I joined the Sylph server. Should I have joined another instead? And is there some sort of guild I can join? Character's name is Sestilius and I'm only a level 4 warrior. I have LOTS to learn and this game seems huge. I'm aware FFIV is around the corner, but I just felt that I owed to myself to give this game a shot.

Nakazato

Team Vernia said:
So I got this real cheap. Have the PC version looking good now after some tweaking. It was a pain in the ass to get the background resolution set (doubled it for AA) and I was pissed until I noticed the aspect ratio option in game. I also kicked the mipmapping up to 4. I have the PS3 controller working now too, so I'm finally ready to go. I joined the Sylph server. Should I have joined another instead? And is there some sort of guild I can join? Character's name is Sestilius and I'm only a level 4 warrior. I have LOTS to learn and this game seems huge. I'm aware FFIV is around the corner, but I just felt that I owed to myself to give this game a shot.
Naw man your on the right server the gaffers there will help you.

Team Vernia said:

You're in the right place! And yeah, it's daunting at first, but it'll fall into place eventually. The new tutorial NPC and the wiki are good places to look for info on, well everything.

The new tutorial npc? Is that the guy who gave me the xp boost and all that stuff? He also sent me somewhere with really tough guys to fight after hitting level 4. I'm level 8 now and not quite sure where I should be going. I'll read up on the wiki though. Should I just start adding gaffers to my friends list now?

Ravidrath

Anyone messed around with VNMs yet? The system sounds potentially fun if it doesn't take too many people to take out the Tier 3 NMs and you can, like... actually get one.

Shame the INT ring is on the Tier IV guy, but I'm guessing there will be no shortage of people trying to work towards that.

RuGalz

Ravidrath said:
Anyone messed around with VNMs yet? The system sounds potentially fun if it doesn't take too many people to take out the Tier 3 NMs and you can, like... actually get one.

Shame the INT ring is on the Tier IV guy, but I'm guessing there will be no shortage of people trying to work towards that.

Haven't really messed with it yet but from what I heard up to T3 are doable with the right group.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ravidrath said:

My Shell on Asura has been doing them. They're fun, but some I think will require 2 partiy alliances or more till better strats come through (particularly mean Giant slime on Bastok path, and the big Crab isn't a pushover either). We also popped the Tier IV dragon, but something happened and it despawned (apparently you can't move it too far from it's spawn point)

Team Vernia said:
The new tutorial npc? Is that the guy who gave me the xp boost and all that stuff? He also sent me somewhere with really tough guys to fight after hitting level 4. I'm level 8 now and not quite sure where I should be going. I'll read up on the wiki though. Should I just start adding gaffers to my friends list now?

Whats your city? I'll get you a pearl.

Ravidrath

DrForester said:
My Shell on Asura has been doing them. They're fun, but some I think will require 2 partiy alliances or more till better strats come through (particularly mean Giant slime on Bastok path, and the big Crab isn't a pushover either). We also popped the Tier IV dragon, but something happened and it despawned (apparently you can't move it too far from it's spawn point)

Yeah, I figured the Slime would be... evil. They showed it doing Fluid Spread in the screens, and that shit is bad enough with non-gigantic Slimes. :p

Was hoping that the T3 ones would be doable with a single party... maybe when the strategies are improved? Makes sense you'd need an alliance for the T4.

Any word on what the "drop" rate on the Black Abyssite is? I believe I read that it's random on killing a T3?

Team Vernia said:
I'm in the mining town. Forgot the name. And what does a pearl do?

Bastok. Linkpearl lets you talk with everyone in the "guild" called a linkshell.

I'll get you one tonight if no one gets you first. I'll be on after 10 Eastern.

B.K.

I haven't played in a few weeks. I need to get back on or cancel my account. I'm just wasting money right now. I've got to rename my character. Someone else has my name now.

pix

MAN! So much Nostalgia in this thread. Makes me want to play. 75BST/75BLM/67WAR here. On Kujata :(

Used to be in arguably the best LS on Ifrit. We did king camps, sky, and all that shit before I stopped playing. The JP and NA rivalry was so intense back then. I remember we claimed Aspidochelone and the competing JP LS trained the zone to use and Mijin Gakured on us. We still won though :) A. Body get. Alot of fun down in the pit fighting Nidhogg too.

Teknoman

pancakesandsex said:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/index.html?page=5

Vanafest job update page was fully updated. Stuff for every job.

Needless to say, even more blue magic spells will be added, as well as a new set of spell-combination Job Traits.
With Assault and Moblin Maze Mongers, blue mages have more opportunities than ever to take on HNMs, so we're also considering making some of their abilities available as blue magic as well.

HNMs in MMM? Since when?

Teknoman said:
Needless to say, even more blue magic spells will be added, as well as a new set of spell-combination Job Traits.
With Assault and Moblin Maze Mongers, blue mages have more opportunities than ever to take on HNMs, so we're also considering making some of their abilities available as blue magic as well.

HNMs in MMM? Since when?

That's what blood has been talking about doing, to get that knife. The super boss voucher.

Ricker

I still have this for the 360 hehe...do you have to install the whole Playonline thing if I decide to start playing this again on the 360???

Azura

I'm thinking about starting back up, and transferring my character over from another server. Is anyone doing and CoP runs or Bastok rank missions. I think i'm on 5-1 on CoP and 7-2 on Bastok, who to talk to, to get a pearl when i transfer over?

Amneisac

Ricker said:
I still have this for the 360 hehe...do you have to install the whole Playonline thing if I decide to start playing this again on the 360???

I'm pretty sure it won't actually let you install the play online disc to the hard drive.

So when are these changes going into effect? I'm most interested in the PUP changes. I know they increased the H2H rating partially, but have the automaton changes gone into effect yet? I didn't see anything about them in the patch notes, and I'm only 38 so I haven't noticed much from hands-on experience.

Shouta

PUP got a B+ in H2H and several attachments got increased effectiveness (Armor Plates, Mana Tanks, Auto Repair Kits), and maneuvers provide a whopping +7 to the corresponding stat with the AF gloves. Basically, PUPs are destroying shit now. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom