• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

Probably going to reattempt the final A Moogle Kupo d'Etat mission this weekend...

Was wondering - has there been any word on how Odin does in there? It seems likely that he'd be able to one-shot all the adds, saving you a lot of time and pain with Sleep/Assist/Kill shenanigans.

Deku

Banned
Ravidrath said:
Probably going to reattempt the final A Moogle Kupo d'Etat mission this weekend...

Was wondering - has there been any word on how Odin does in there? It seems likely that he'd be able to one-shot all the adds, saving you a lot of time and pain with Sleep/Assist/Kill shenanigans.

NM tagged mobs will only take damage. And Odin's ability diminishes exponentially the more mobs targeted.

Consensus right now is he's great for single target spike damage as all his damage is concentrated into one. His max potency is lesser of 10% to 20% of a mob's total health or 9999 damage. and can do more than 20% with modifiers such as darksday/darksweather.

Ideal strategy for Moogle's Kupo d'Etat is to have at least 1 blm to sleep the pops, high tp gainer damage the main moogle, a good RDM and WHM for cures.

RDM can emergency kite the Moggle and emergency bind it if party needs time to recover from death in-between phases or if black mages need time to get mp.

img_20100409_212719.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's a Pixie?

Deku

Banned
Yoshichan said:
What's a Pixie?

helpful mobs. they cure and cast raise

Their raise, unlike the white mage versions results in 0 EXP loss.

Pixies were introduced 'in the past' for the Wings of the Goddess expansion but can travel forward into time into the present if adventurers trade 'bottled pixies' Rare/Ex items to the Fay spring in Grauberg in the 'past'.

Those essentially are mini quests that give no direct rewards until now...

trading 10 bottle pixies is part of a quest to gain a new healing stave in the trial of the magians.

Just wanted to post that if anyone is on the fence about starting this game, jump in. The linkshell has been super-friendly and I haven't had too hard of a time figuring things out as a nooooob. To server seems very active for a game as old as FFXI. Thanks again guys for all the help. I have my second job up to level 6 and plan on grinding somemore tomorrow. BTW... we need a linkshell photo for this thread. Anyone up for setting up a time to get everyone together for one?

InfiniteNine said:
Was going to give this a try with a friend assuming there was a free trial, but it looks like they don't offer one? Is that true?

Pretty sure there is still a free 14 day trial. The game is cheap anyway now. It took me a little while to figure out the settings to make the graphics look good, but after some tinkering the game looks great now. Just give the game a little while and it gets pretty cool. Super old-school mmo, though. It really encourages talking with all the townsfolk for getting quests and figuring things out in general, but I like how that encourages exploration as well. Fun game and I think I may just stick with it until FFXIV comes along.

InfiniteNine said:
Sure! Hopefully I can grab one for my friend someone else as well.

Ok sent. I'm not sure if it'll work. But give it a try. BTW, the game is very cheap on Steam anyway. Only $15 bucks. Just over what a month would cost anyway.

Mandoric

Banned
Mailman 007 said:
Hey all, Vanas here.
Here's some proof that i wasn't going crazy the other day: :D

Sometimes Windower or other glitches make it fail to load the AT dictionary. When that happens, every word is "failed to load the dictionary" in Japanese.

Scott

Bebpo said:
Thanks guys, my player name is "bebpo".
Seems I missed both you and Spider for the night. My wonky weekend schedule is to blame, no doubt. :\

Anyway, I just reached Bastok, so if you end up wanting some assistance, I'm down for whatever you want to do. Plus, I figure I haven't done any Bastok quests on this character yet, anyhow, so I can re-catch-up on some of those.

So, if you're interested, I get off at around 5pm MST tomorrow (Saturday), so any time after that would be fine by me. Just let me know via PM or something.

Hey Bepbo. We should play some together as I am a fellow noob. I'm only level 18 on my Bastok Warrior and level 7 for my subjob, so we could definitely do some stuff together. Character in game is Sestilius. Did you get a linkshell pearl yet?

I need to get a linkshell pearl but I keep missing people, presumably due to time differences...I searched for Rawkhawk many times but have not seen him online yet.

BTW, I keep trying to bid on auctions but the items are yellow and I'm unable to bid, what does this mean?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Its been a whole week since i've been wanting to reactivate my RDM and the CRS is out

"The servers are currently under maintenance.
For details, please refer to the "Server Maintenance" section
of the "Information" page on the FINAL FANTASY XI Official Site. "

All servers are up and information page..

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/info/info_top.shtml

has nothing either.

wtf is going on

Scott

PumpkinPie said:
I need to get a linkshell pearl but I keep missing people, presumably due to time differences...I searched for Rawkhawk many times but have not seen him online yet.
Here a couple names off the top of my head for Linkshell pearls:

Danicolas
Ezlyn
Kazesin
Pancakesandsx
Shenmu

I know there's more, but I don't have time to hop on and check right now. :\

nataku

Buggy Loop said:
Its been a whole week since i've been wanting to reactivate my RDM and the CRS is out

"The servers are currently under maintenance.
For details, please refer to the "Server Maintenance" section
of the "Information" page on the FINAL FANTASY XI Official Site. "

All servers are up and information page..

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/info/info_top.shtml

has nothing either.

wtf is going on

It's been down since the server merge I think. No one seems to have a clue as to when it'll be back up, not even SE.

The latest post in this thread seems to suggest it might come up soon... but reading through that thread, they've said that before too.

Scott said:
Here a couple names off the top of my head for Linkshell pearls:

Danicolas
Ezlyn
Kazesin
Pancakesandsx
Shenmu

I know there's more, but I don't have time to hop on and check right now. :\

Thanks for that. If all else fails I may just run around San d'Oria shouting "any GAFFers here?!"

Ravidrath

Deku said:
NM tagged mobs will only take damage. And Odin's ability diminishes exponentially the more mobs targeted.

Consensus right now is he's great for single target spike damage as all his damage is concentrated into one. His max potency is lesser of 10% to 20% of a mob's total health or 9999 damage. and can do more than 20% with modifiers such as darksday/darksweather.

Ideal strategy for Moogle's Kupo d'Etat is to have at least 1 blm to sleep the pops, high tp gainer damage the main moogle, a good RDM and WHM for cures.

RDM can emergency kite the Moggle and emergency bind it if party needs time to recover from death in-between phases or if black mages need time to get mp.

Hmm, well, nevermind, then!

Tried the Sleepga method before, but it can be a pain. Will just have to get better at it.

Kandinsky said:
A couple of us been looking for you with no luck lol

Oh no :lol it must be because I'm on UK time. I was in La Thiene but I got killed by...a strolling sapling, I've just been hanging out in Ronfaure since then, trying to make some money and looking for shitty fetch quests in San d'Oria. Spent a good while fishing and selling Moat Carps at auction too :D

Mandoric

Banned
B.K. said:
I thought using a windower was a bannable offense?

There's bannable offenses and then there's bannable offenses. Just like revealing you're in XIV beta is bannable, but Pai Pai isn't banned and Pooky is.

Mandoric

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
Don't be hatin'. ._.

It's not hate, it's sheer drooling envy. =D Just illustrating that there's a nice big area of "stuff you're not supposed to do, but they're not crazy enough to care" and "stuff you're not allowed to do".

Kandinsky

Mandoric said:
There's bannable offenses and then there's bannable offenses. Just like revealing you're in XIV beta is bannable, but Pai Pai isn't banned and Pooky is.
Yeah because they did exactly the same thing.

B.K.

I wish there was more inventory space. I've done the first quest and increased my character's inventory to 35, but it's full and my Moghouse is full too.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
B.K. said:
I wish there was more inventory space. I've done the first quest and increased my character's inventory to 35, but it's full and my Moghouse is full too.

Well. You can do gobbiebag quests to get your inventory up to 80. You can also do quests to get the mogsafe up to 80. Don't forget to store furniture in your mog safe, and place in your mog house. You can have up to 80 storage spots.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mog_Safe

Two other options. If you can complete the quest to travel to Whitegate (can be soloed if you can solo mobs that were killed for sub-job quests)

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/The_Road_to_Aht_Urhgan

You can complete the first "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" mission (WHile area's are very high level, mission 1 is just a cutsceen, and mission 2 only requires you to be able to sneak and invisible to run to a staging point)

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Sacred_Serpents
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Aht_Urhgan_Mission_2:_Immortal_Sentries

And you can then gain access to mog lockers (unlike other storage, you must pay to "rent" the space, however it is very very cheap.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mog_Locker

Probably the easiest way to bump up that inventory is to buy a Square-Enix Security Token

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Square_Enix_Security_Token

When put on your account it changes your login PW every few minutes and will give you a readout when you want. This makes your account more secure. More importantly, it gives you access to mog satchel. The mog Satchel is like your moghouse safe but you can access it anywhere, not just in mog house. It's size will be whatever size your gobbie bag is, doubling what you can carry on your travels.

B.K.

I've read about the token. It would be convenient, but I don't want to give Square Enix any more money than I have to. I don't remember my Square Enix account or PlayOnline login info either, so I wouldn't be able to use it.

Ravidrath

Ravidrath said:
Hmm, well, nevermind, then!

Tried the Sleepga method before, but it can be a pain. Will just have to get better at it.

Just beat this guy tonight - the trick seems to be not going with gimp BLMs with weak Enfeebling gear, I guess, because I had no problem whatsoever sleeping them. On previous runs, I'd always been an RDM and was cleaning up resisting stragglers.

Really fun battle when it's going your way and playing one of the BLMs - lots of kiting and nuking and sleeping. Nice and chaotic.

Picked up the Anwig Salade with STR +4 WS Acc. +15 / Accuracy +10 Attack +5 for BLU physical spells and WSes and PUP WSes.

Started A Shantotto Ascension tonight, which I can hopefully get through pretty quickly for some Haste pants.

I think my next major focus, though, is beating Alexander and Odin twice each for the summons and Torques. Shame it's absolutely decimated the prices of Torques, but since I don't think people even do those BCs much any more, maybe they'll recover after a while.

Rawk Hawk

PumpkinPie said:

BTW, I keep trying to bid on auctions but the items are yellow and I'm unable to bid, what does this mean?

Haha sorry, I probably won't be around too much tonight either, so won't be too much help.

If worse comes to worse, Tuesday I will be on after work all night. So anytime after 5:00pm EDT Tuesday I can get you a pearl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom