• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetaEpyon

Level 47 on what job?

Also, you can get skillups even on some easy prey now. I capped out a skill shortly after that change, just fighting EPs. I've also been capping throwing on dancer on EP bats.

Got my bill from Square and, after getting the game on steam, 2 expansions, and the weird way they bill months, I was hit with a near 50 dollar bill. Sad thing is, I kinda don't want to play anymore. I thought I would have the time, but now everything feels so dated.

hgplayer1

Jumped on a little late last night and was just gonna do some house cleaning.

Ezlyn started twisting my arm about partying so I gave in and we got a group together and went to Garlaige Citadel and killed flying rats and beetles.

I went from 35-40 in no time flat and that was in less than 2 hours I believe.

MNK tank
WHM
WHM
DNC
DRK
THF

party of the forever etc. etc.

hgplayer1 said:
Jumped on a little late last night and was just gonna do some house cleaning.

Ezlyn started twisting my arm about partying so I gave in and we got a group together and went to Garlaige Citadel and killed flying rats and beetles.

I went from 35-40 in no time flat and that was in less than 2 hours I believe.

MNK tank
WHM
WHM
DNC
DRK
THF

party of the forever etc. etc.

Noice!

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, Garliage got a bad rap a long time ago due to the mob trains. Despite that, some of the best parties I've ever had have been there. WHM, BLM, 2 NIN, 2 THF with fresh access to SATA is a powerful thing at those levels, indeed.

I'm itching to get Dancer up to at least 60 this weekend (currently 53), so if anyone wants to group up, let me know. (Talym in game, for those who don't already know)

hgplayer1

I should be on later today with my 40WHM. I want to get to at least 49 before I switch back to RDM.

I'll log in as soon as I get home so if you see me on you can count me in for party exp.

Im not sure if it will work but i might be logged into Miracle Grow....err FFXIV at the same time so if I dont respond right away dont give up on me.

madara

Do you still have to go through that whole playonline, half dozen name and password crap with this game or did they streamline it? I remember at the end they started to refuse my debt card too.

hgplayer1

madara said:
Do you still have to go through that whole playonline, half dozen name and password crap with this game or did they streamline it? I remember at the end they started to refuse my debt card too.

Same set up and yeah its very picky about the card you use.

Gonna be watching this week's Intel Extreme Masters Games tonight with some friends but after that I'm down to party! Need to get 10 levels on my NIN FAST!

B.K.

Is anyone going to be working on unlocking jobs this weekend? I still need to unlock:

Bard
Summoner
Blue Mage
Corsair
Puppetmaster
Dancer
Scholar

ronito

I need to get my subjob. But I'm not a point where I can solo a crab or damselfly. Shouta helped me get the skull. Need to level up moar. I had to go to Windhurst since Bastok is 3rd in the conquest I was missing some very basic spells (Cure II, Banish, etc) now I got the spells. Might stop by and visit Sandoria.

B.K. said:
Is anyone going to be working on unlocking jobs this weekend? I still need to unlock:

Bard
Summoner
Blue Mage
Corsair
Puppetmaster
Dancer
Scholar

Smn Dnc and Sch are fairly easy to solo. A rainbow appears over the crag in La Thiene when you unlock smn for everyone to see, it's cool.

Blu Pup and Cor are a significant pain in the ass. You have to go deep into aht urgan territory and there are lots of mobs to eat you.

I haven't done cor or brd yet myself.

thefil

Recently reading about the changes in this game makes me want to come back (again (again)).

I think my only still-usable account has nothing but a 35 RDM/35 WHM on it though, so I'd probably feel too behind to really enjoy the game. Is the world starting to feel empty with FFXIV around, or is it still pretty lively?

thefil said:
Recently reading about the changes in this game makes me want to come back (again (again)).

I think my only still-usable account has nothing but a 35 RDM/35 WHM on it though, so I'd probably feel too behind to really enjoy the game. Is the world starting to feel empty with FFXIV around, or is it still pretty lively?

Will seem barren at first until you get to jueno.

Cimarron

Is it worth it to jump in on the 360 version of the game right now? Is the community active? I have been sitting on a copy of this version for about a year now. I used to play the PC version back in 2004 and I loved it.

ronito

I can't imagine starting fresh now.
If you had been there earlier, like me, then I think you have a chance to enjoy it. But as it is right now the beginning play is just completely empty.

Shouta

Can help ya when I see you on but as I live in Japan my times on are a bit funky I'm sure one of the other folks in the LS can help too though, roni.

hgplayer1

Busy weekend!

Got all my Teleport scrolls for my whm which I may never touch again after I get it to 49. Couldnt find a party to exp in all weekend for it though.

Broke level cap on DRK and dinged 82 in Abyssea party and still have enough merits and Kindred Crests to do the next limit break which Ive read is some kind of random mini game. Ugh.

Gonna need to level NIN at least for non gimp sub on DRK.

Started throwing a bunch of stuff on AH to get some gil which has been disappearing at a pretty rapid pace. I cant for the life of me figure out how I was making gil before XIV came out.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I tried to log in for the first time since just before FFXIV came out, (Fuuuuuuuuck, that game was a colossal turd.) and it says that my password is incorrect.
LMFAO... NVM. It wasn't asking me for a one-time password, (it was grayed out) so I wasn't giving one. I changed the settings to require that also, and now I can get on.
I want to level MNK as my main post-75, but since they gave the other jobs a +7 haste belt and I'll never get BB, I have to level something else on principle.
Picking NIN gives me nightmares about upgrading two weapons, though...

Hmm.... 4 hours of updates. Guess I'm not playing tonight.

Holy Fucking Shit.

[dev1000] Dynamis Reborn!
Various aspects of Dynamis will be overhauled in the next major version update and beyond.

* Applicable Areas:

Dynamis - San d'Oria / Dynamis - Bastok / Dynamis - Windurst /
Dynamis - Jeuno / Dynamis - Beaucedine / Dynamis - Xarcabard

* Adjustments:

o Reservations will no longer be required to enter the above areas.
o New key items will replace the "Timeless Hourglass" and "Perpetual Hourglass" items needed for entry.

+ The key items need only be obtained once.
+ It will be made available at an affordable price via the Goblin NPCs presently dealing in hourglasses.

o Time restriction for entry will be changed to once per Earth day.
o Trigger items will be introduced as a new spawn condition for certain notorious monsters (NMs).
o Monster distribution will receive drastic revisions.
o Monsters will yield experience points (excluding certain NMs).

[dev1002] Delivery System Adjustments
The upcoming version update will see the following changes made to the item delivery system:

o Adjustments

+ It will be possible to send EX items to characters belonging to the same PlayOnline account.
+ The list of deliverable EX items will be expanded gradually in order to maintain game balance and ensure that proper testing is conducted.

Kandinsky said:
hmm what the fuck.

If this ends up being like WoE, epic fail on SEs part, do not want >_>

Yeah.....

To explain:

How dynamis currently works is, you buy an item for 500,000 gil to enter dynamis. This item creates copies of itself which can be traded to others. Only people possessing the item may enter, effectively reserving the area for 4 hours for your group and your group alone. These barriers to entry make it a somewhat exclusive event. The loot pool within dynamis is shared among everyone in the zone. Generally the events are sponsored by people trying to work towards getting enough ancient currency to get a relic weapon, and said currency drops are lotted by the LS you run with. This cost of entry and exclusivity keeps the price of dynamis currency somewhat stable as well.

This announcement changes everything.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, they really need to clarify what's happening with that, and in the meantime, people need to stop panicking that it'll just be a new WoE.

The way it's written, it could also simply be instanced upon entering, like MMM and BCNMs are. I've seen some people saying that they couldn't do that, because of the size of the zones. Frankly, that's just silly; they've already retired 11 entire worlds, along with 8 more coming as soon as the next world merge happens. They're sitting on more than enough hardware to instance something of this scale.

And honestly, if it ends up being somewhat like Abyssea (open entry, single instance, party/alliance drops), that would be totally cool with me. Being able to get relic armor and whatnot in a small (even pick-up) group would be great.

Dynamis is dead! Long live Dynamis?

As for mailing EX items on between characters on an account... please let me be able to send my Anniversary Rings from my mules to my main character! (yeah right)

hgplayer1

B.K. said:
I need to hurry and get my DRK to 65. I want to try Dynamis. I've never gotten to do it before.

I personally loved Dynamis but be prepared to be in there for 3 hours and know your role.

I was always curious what it would be like to go in there at level 90 but I am no longer in a Dynamis LS so I havent had the chance since the level cap increase.

Im waiting for someone to clarify what the changes mean because Im too dumb to figure them out myself but it sounds good to me so far.

I would guess the price of some of the drops is gonna change dramatically if it hadnt already after the level cap was increased.

It would be great to finally finish my DRK relic set or farm materials for relic weapon but who knows what the drop rates will be like.

Gaining exp from the mobs sounds nice though.

B.K.

hgplayer1 said:
I personally loved Dynamis but be prepared to be in there for 3 hours and know your role.

If it really costs 500,000 gil to buy the item to get into Dynamis, then I'll never do it. I've never had more than 100,000 gil before.

hgplayer1

B.K. said:
If it really costs 500,000 gil to buy the item to get into Dynamis, then I'll never do it. I've never had more than 100,000 gil before.

Thats how much it currently costs. It looks like thats about to change.

Also, thats the cost for someone to buy the item for entry. It doesnt mean you have to buy it. I dont think I ever paid my way into Dynamis.

Heres how it works. Someone pays the 500k to buy the item. They use this item to make copies. As many as they want. They can give these copies to whoever they want. Those people can make as many copies as they want and give them to whoever they want.

Look for shouts in Jeuno or Whitegate or go wait by the entry points in each area and hope someone needs an extra body.

If you did get in somehow dont expect to be able to lot on any of the items on your first run unless they say its free lot and watch the chat log at all times.

Shouta

If there aren't any sponsors then they'll do it like they did it ages ago, split it between the group evenly. When I used to run Dynamis regularly, we'd split the cost of the hourglass, let singles drop automatically and folks could choose to lot between 100s or AF. Works out just fine overall.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:
If there aren't any sponsors then they'll do it like they did it ages ago, split it between the group evenly. When I used to run Dynamis regularly, we'd split the cost of the hourglass, let singles drop automatically and folks could choose to lot between 100s or AF. Works out just fine overall.

Except it's not practical in any way shape or form for anyone to get a Relic like that.

Shouta

DrForester said:
Except it's not practical in any way shape or form for anyone to get a Relic like that.

Uh, yes it is, I knew several people that did. They just bought out all the coins from folks afterwards. It's the same method as sponsoring just rather than buying the glass yourself you're buying the currency from your LS members.

B.K. said:

Generally, unless you're getting the relic, you're not the one buying the item ever few days.

B.K.

Got up to level 57 tonight. I need to start getting some Kindred's Seals. I need to do more Limit Breaks soon.

Zomba13

I hope the Dynamis changes make it an instanced area. Would be great to get some hardcore daily Dynamis going in the evenings. I still have no relic armour and still need a bunch of wins.

B.K.

Are there any places at level 57 where I could solo to farm Kindred's Seals? Fei'Yin has some monsters that are over 50, but below my level, but I've never been there before. I don't know if I can survive there.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:
Uh, yes it is, I knew several people that did. They just bought out all the coins from folks afterwards. It's the same method as sponsoring just rather than buying the glass yourself you're buying the currency from your LS members.

Still, unless your LS mates are underselling to help you out, you're going to pay a lot more than sponsoring a run where you got everything.

Shouta

DrForester said:
Still, unless your LS mates are underselling to help you out, you're going to pay a lot more than sponsoring a run where you got everything.

This was back in the inflation days so it wasn't a big deal. And besides, it was pretty fair for everyone on the whole. You gotta remember that back then AF drops were a lot less abundant so folks would go many runs without getting anything. Distributing singles like that would be incentive for folks to go as they'd at least get something.

Sponsored runs eventually started showing up but you'd be hard-pressed to let folks take all the coins back in the day when some runs you'd get maybe one AF the entire time. It's not as big of a deal now since not many folks want Relics, AF drops plenty, and Relic gear itself isn't a source of competition now as we have Empyrean.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
DrForester said:

Which is why I never did Dynamis. I'm not a charity.

hgplayer1

B.K. said:
Are there any places at level 57 where I could solo to farm Kindred's Seals? Fei'Yin has some monsters that are over 50, but below my level, but I've never been there before. I don't know if I can survive there.

will probably be hard to find but an exp party at 57 should yield some KS. you might even be so bold as to ask the party if you can lot them. explain to them you just need some for limit break.

what server are you on anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom