• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hgplayer1 said:
will probably be hard to find but an exp party at 57 should yield some KS. you might even be so bold as to ask the party if you can lot them. explain to them you just need some for limit break.

what server are you on anyway?

Lol he's Grahf from SoD

Shouta

Not a lot of folks need KS anymore so it'll be easy to get if you need them. I can also go hunting with folks if I'm on as well. Regain empowered automatons are hilarious for farming.

Shouta said:
Not a lot of folks need KS anymore so it'll be easy to get if you need them. I can also go hunting with folks if I'm on as well. Regain empowered automatons are hilarious for farming.

Enjoying those knuckles are you?

ZetaEpyon

Hard to say.
Without knowing more about the changes that are going to happen, it's pretty much impossible to know how currency prices will be affected.

I would, however, be surprised if they ended up going up.

hgplayer1

B.K. said:
That fight is going to SUCK.

What job?

Ive done the Maat fight with SAM and DRK and can honestly say even when you do everything "right" you can still get unlucky and fail.

I would recommend not doing the fight until you cant gain any more exp and try not to go in with your combat skills too under leveled.

Other than that have fun with it cause your probably gonna have to attempt it a few times anyway.

This is lame. I canceled my subscription because I lost interest in the game, but I've been randomly kicking it around because I already paid for my month. Now I'm being told the only way to get a refund is to play in April as well? Weak.

I understand things are bad in Japan right now, but I would like to get my money back if they aren't going to allow me to play.

ZetaEpyon

Well, the downtime is unfortunate, but totally understandable. Game servers are not exactly a high priority thing when there are power usage issues going on.

Basically puts me offline for the next 2 weeks though, since I'll be out of town for a week after this one.

I wonder if this will affect the version update plans in any way...

Anslon said:
This is lame. I canceled my subscription because I lost interest in the game, but I've been randomly kicking it around because I already paid for my month. Now I'm being told the only way to get a refund is to play in April as well? Weak.

I understand things are bad in Japan right now, but I would like to get my money back if they aren't going to allow me to play.

Consider it a 12$ donation to the relief effort and move on dude.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
There's going to be no charges for POL services in April to make up for the downtime.

I'm going to take that and donate to the red cross right now.

Stay Classy Square!

Anslon said:
I'm cool with that. Spending money on a gaming company is practically equal to giving to the red cross.

That's totally what I was going for. Let me know how that phone call asking for a refund goes.

DrForester said:
You're getting next month free...

He's upset he's not getting a refund for the lost 2.5 weeks on his last month on the game. He's already canceled.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well. FFXIV is still free, isn't it?

I don't know how many users there are now. I'd imagine they still have a few hundred thousand users on FFXI.

It's not a painless gesture for SE, that's for sure.

DrForester said:
Well. FFXIV is still free, isn't it?

I don't know how many users there are now. I'd imagine they still have a few hundred thousand users on FFXI.

It's not a painless gesture for SE, that's for sure.

14 is still free yes.

ZetaEpyon

Pai Pai Master said:
I can usually exercise pretty good control. But when I can't play even if I want to, that's when I get the urge the most. :p

Totally. Something about knowing that you can't makes it worse.

At least my huge backlog of games will finally get some attention.

wwm0nkey

Ok just bought this and since the servers go up Friday what all should I be expecting from this game?

Got the complete edition for $10 for the 360.

hgplayer1

wwm0nkey said:
Ok just bought this and since the servers go up Friday what all should I be expecting from this game?

Got the complete edition for $10 for the 360.

Expect lots of grinding early on. Its gonna look like theres not a lot of people around in the starter areas but theres lots to do in this game.

You can solo pretty easily these days but take advantage of any and every thing to make that solo experience easier.

Things such as Field of Valor Field Manuals, Experience bonus rings, open blue treasure chests for temporary items, always have signet on, dont try to upgrade your armor and weapons too much early on, dont throw away crystals or anything that stacks.

Last but not least make your character on Sylph and get in our Linkshell so we can help you along.

wwm0nkey said:
so basically I just have to make it past the grinding parts then there is a lot of fun shit right?

Try talking to everyone in town and racking up a bunch of quests too. They usually have some kind of little vignette attached to them which may string into others almost like a dragon quest game at times. Often times you'll see the more complex quests share npcs with the simpler ones even if they are part of a different or unrelated chain, so everything builds off of everything else. You could be doing a quest a year from now that takes place in in the past or something, and an npc you're familiar with from some insubstantial farming quest might show up in a cutscene. It's crazy like that.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
wwm0nkey said:
Ok now since I have yet to install anything on this, how long will all of this stuff take?

Can you get update files now, with servers down?

If you can, you should expect maybe 2-4 hours of downloading and installing. The timer might say 8 hours, but it's very conservative in estimates.

hgplayer1

wwm0nkey said:
so basically I just have to make it past the grinding parts then there is a lot of fun shit right?

depends on what you consider fun shit lol

EXP parties later on can be a lot of fun but those are for the most part a thing of the past if you have the Abyssea add ons.

I personally think all the main story and expansion missions are fun to do but some of them require a lot of time to complete and a good guide.

Assault, Dynamis, and Limbus are all fun end game stuff.

Dont expect the grind to ever end though. Any new thing you start will be grinding over grinding.

wwm0nkey

DrForester said:
Can you get update files now, with servers down?

If you can, you should expect maybe 2-4 hours of downloading and installing. The timer might say 8 hours, but it's very conservative in estimates.
Nope have to wait till Friday when the servers are back up.

Also I don't mind grinding, I did play Phantasy Star Universe after all XD

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
wwm0nkey said:
Nope have to wait till Friday when the servers are back up.

Also I don't mind grinding, I did play Phantasy Star Universe after all XD

Then yeah expect 2-4 hours. Except for update days, the download system in FFXI (and even XIV) is pretty Fast.

wwm0nkey

Ok so exactly compared to Phantasy Star Universe how much better is this? Because my friends only play on the 360 and that was the only MMO they have tried (i did play it with them though)

wwm0nkey said:
Ok so exactly compared to Phantasy Star Universe how much better is this? Because my friends only play on the 360 and that was the only MMO they have tried (i did play it with them though)

It's very, very different in terms of pacing and structure. For one, it's an enormous persistent world.

wwm0nkey

pancakesandsex said:
It's very, very different in terms of pacing and structure. For one, it's an enormous persistent world.
Well I would like something that is more complex than PSU and A LOT bigger than PSU too.

wwm0nkey said:
Well I would like something that is more complex than PSU and A LOT bigger than PSU too.

That's what you're getting. It's also a lot less user friendly than PSU, but if you can get used to that, it's so so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom