• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ronito said:
Yeah I think it might've been a mistake to make Jeuno the main hub because the beginning areas are just completely desolate. There was a grand total of 3 people an hour ago in Bastok. 3.

Oh well, I'm at level 10 and starting on my second mission gotta get up to rank 5.

Funny though, I can see now that you can actually solo until level 15. Before when I played that would've been impossible, especially for a whm. I'm really glad they changed that.

Still I can imagine some of the new people logging in and thinking "This is an MMO? There's no one here!" It's gonna be a while until I get to actually play with others.

I have been soloing to 26 and it has been going by pretty quickly. Being able to repeat field manuals and the exp boost make the early stuff go by faster than ever before. But yeah, once you walk into Jeuno you will immediately see where everyone ended up.

I guess I am almost to unlocking BST, which I plan to use as my main. Just plan on doing my own thing, searching out and finding NMs, exploring the far reaches of Vanadiel, and checking out all the storyline missions. And perhaps help people out when I can once I start to rise in the levels. My previous character was a PLD, so this is about as far opposite of that as you can get.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
That's exactly what my plan is too.

Max

I am not Max
So the friend I bought the game for that I was planning on partying with found out his HDD is faulty and needs to have it replaced.

Partay w/ me ;-;

Shouta

ronito said:
Yeah I think it might've been a mistake to make Jeuno the main hub because the beginning areas are just completely desolate. There was a grand total of 3 people other than me an hour ago in Bastok. 3. And 2 were AFK.

Oh well, I'm at level 10 and starting on my second mission gotta get up to rank 5.

Funny though, I can see now that you can actually solo until level 15. Before when I played that would've been impossible, especially for a whm. I'm really glad they changed that.

Still I can imagine some of the new people logging in and thinking "This is an MMO? There's no one here!" It's gonna be a while until I get to actually play with others.

Well, considering the influx of new players is relatively low and the folks that stay all have high level jobs, it's a little expected for the starting areas to be a bit desolated. Starter areas have been like this for ages though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Anslon said:
I just reactivated and I think I am on Asura too. I moved when Odin offered migration a few years ago. I'm all alone out there! Is it a social link? I'm still updating, but I expect to be on later today.

Shell I am in is a combination social and endgame. Depending on your levels, I'd think about a server transfer. Asura is the most populated server, and I do not think is very welcoming to new players. I've been on Asura since it was made, shortly after NA PC launch.

B.K.

Shouta said:
Well, considering the influx of new players is relatively low and the folks that stay all have high level jobs, it's a little expected for the starting areas to be a bit desolated. Starter areas have been like this for ages though.

Time for another server merge! They should merge down to a quarter of the total servers they have now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:

Until Abyssea home points were pretty spread out. With the White gate warpers and Outpost warps, home nations were overall the best hub.

Shouta

No, you can solo most of it now up until Tenzen. It's just the Promyvions have a few new mobs at higher levels, you can avoid them if you want to climb them.

Shouta said:
No, you can solo most of it now up until Tenzen. It's just the Promyvions have a few new mobs at higher levels, you can avoid them if you want to climb them.
Figures I'd attack the first one that was above my level.

DrForester said:
Shell I am in is a combination social and endgame. Depending on your levels, I'd think about a server transfer. Asura is the most populated server, and I do not think is very welcoming to new players. I've been on Asura since it was made, shortly after NA PC launch.
75 Puppet master with over 70 days played. I'll be honest, I don't know how I got so many days played. I might have been doing a ton of bizzaring.

ronito

B.K. said:
Time for another server merge! They should merge down to a quarter of the total servers they have now.
Yeah that's my point. I get that almost everyone's level 90. But you still gotta make it possible for the new people to come in, otherwise you'll stagnate.

B.K.

I don't really see many more new people actually joining the game this late in its life and with XIV out.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Anslon said:
75 Puppet master with over 70 days played. I'll be honest, I don't know how I got so many days played. I might have been doing a ton of bizzaring.

It will be tough. Most shells need several leveled jobs for membership. Plenty of pickup groups on the server for doing things. As I said before, I'd join the GAF crew if I wasn't with friends in a shell I've been in since the game launched. I'd consider moving to their server if there's nothing tying you to Asura.

Varna

God damn it... doesn't look like I can reactivate my old character. I putting in the right information in the page but every time it tells me my ID, PW and code is wrong when I know at the very least my ID and PW are correct. My code could be the wrong one... I've bought this game so many times. Any way to can view what my FFXI code is?

EDIT: Well this blows. I asked customer service is there would be an issue getting back characters on this ID and he said no. Just paid 13 bucks for nothing. :/

ronito

B.K. said:
I don't really see many more new people actually joining the game this late in its life and with XIV out.
Yeah true but nonetheless, sucks to be the new guy.

Also from what I hear not that many people are into XIV. If anything I hear more about people trying XIV and coming back to XI than actually playing XIV.

ronito

B.K. said:
It's sucked to be new for years. The game almost has too much content. It's overwhelming.
meh, maybe it's nostalgia but while definitely leveling is FAR easier (OMG I can solo WHM and I'm at level 12!!) cities and equipment was easier back then.

Varna, come and join me in being the new guy!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
ronito said:
Yeah true but nonetheless, sucks to be the new guy.

Also from what I hear not that many people are into XIV. If anything I hear more about people trying XIV and coming back to XI than actually playing XIV.

Yeah...

Still want to play XIV, but i'm waiting for them to finish it. lol

Varna

ronito said:
meh, maybe it's nostalgia but while definitely leveling is FAR easier (OMG I can solo WHM and I'm at level 12!!) cities and equipment was easier back then.

Varna, come and join me in being the new guy!

Still have my collections code. I might just do that if I can't get this sorted out.

Varna

What a cruel joke... So I finally got it to work (kept trying out a bunch of codes until my guy finally showed up).

FUCK YEAH. Activated the content ID and everything. When I log in I notice the face is different... no big deal. Then I notice highest job is level 1... then I log in... pretty much a new character. Why is this even an option? Guess I'm starting fresh.

Scott

I figured it was time for an updated player list, especially with new people playing; that, and I'm curious who still plays after all this time. :p

Everybody highlighted red are (assumed to be) active players:
Code:
:: [u]Alexander[/u] ::
    [u]NeoGAF Username[/u]     [u]Character Name[/u]
    Loto                Arcayan
    Zomba13             Zomba

:: [u]Asura[/u] ::
    Anslon              Patricio
    DrForester

:: [u]Carbuncle[/u] ::
    Kronotech           Ninjaro

:: [u]Fenrir[/u] :: 
    dark_chris          Veucleudant
    DrDogg              Drdogg

:: [u]Gilgamesh[/u] ::
    Entwain
    Husker86
    Kntj                Kyntaja

:: [u]Leviathan[/u] ::
    Conrad Link         Hawkwing

:: [u]Phoenix[/u] ::
    Home

:: [u]Quetzacoatl[/u] ::
    Amneisac

:: [u]Sylph[/u] :: [i]Message anybody with a [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/33wks2c.jpg[/img] to join the "Stars of Destiny" Linkshell.[/i]
    Azura               Maliah
    bardia              Cyruz
    Bebpo               Bebpo
    B-Dex               Mirelda
    BentMyWookiee       Beoulve
    B.K.                Grahf
    BlueWord            Elido
    Broadbandito        Broadbandito
    CATDAFELIX          Fellix
    Desi                Desiderus
    Electrochemistry    Eyorog
    GrumpyAlien         Landes
    HAttyboy            Ryiah
 [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/33wks2c.jpg[/img] hgplayer1           hgplayer
 [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/33wks2c.jpg[/img] Kandinsky           Danicolas
    Kintaro             Darsh
    jae                 Nakayubi
    Mailman 007         Vanas
    Max                 Maxkem
    mucorama            Melba
    Mystic              Arylias
 [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/33wks2c.jpg[/img] Pai Pai Master      Rockman
 [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/33wks2c.jpg[/img] Pancakesandsex      Pancakesandsx
    Pandoracell         Robokop
    pix                 Pixfix
    Ploid 3.0           Ploid
    PumpkinPie          Auroch
    Rawk Hawk           Rawkhawk
    Redd                Radicalredd
    Robobandit          Galadrian
    ronito              Iliketacos
 [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/33wks2c.jpg[/img] Scott               Kytrinn
    seipherzero         Benitoraa
 [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/33wks2c.jpg[/img] Shouta              Ezlyn
    Smision
    SpiderJerusalem     Spiderlily
    Suikoguy            Suikosword
    Team Vernia         Sestilius
    Teknoman            Teknoman
    Terproerg           Terp
    TheExodu5           Selkaia
    Turtlesnatcher      Pezradar
    Varna               Jeshua
    Velion              Kazesin
    vissione            Gohne
    wwm0nkey
 [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/33wks2c.jpg[/img] ZetaEpyon           Talym

Aurellius
 [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/33wks2c.jpg[/img]                     Sadarini
                        Seigyoku

:: [u]Valefor[/u] ::
    Ravidrath

:: [u]Unknown[/u] ::
    II CETRA II
    Big Papa Husker
    Carlisle
    Cimarron
    DimmuBurgerKing
    drkOne
    Feep
    Fox the Sly
    Gromph
    ithorien
    jiggle
    madara
    MCX
    Nif                 Wrex
    Osaka
    Outdoor Miner
    putero
    Rentahamster
    StateofMind
    SUPARSTARX
    Tabris
    TAJ
    _tetsuo_            Rision
    thefil
    Thnikkaman
    Yuripaw
Obviously missing a lot of people's information, as I went off memory plus briefly scanned through this thread and the last few pages of the 2010 |OT| and threw it all together. If you would, please reply with your information and I'll update the list. Thanks.

Varna

Scott said:
Obviously missing a lot of people's information, as I went off memory plus briefly scanned through this thread and the last few pages of the 2010 |OT| and threw it all together. If you would, please reply with your information and I'll update the list. Thanks.

Just started my guy. Jeshua on Sylph.

Patricio on Asura - 75 Puppetmaster

I just beat promy-mea and that's the last of those. I still can't believe my bad luck to come back into the game and face the worst enemy on my first try. I've learned to check everything from now on.

So I thought, Minitaur in the sewers shouldn't be a big problem right? Wrong! That thing stared me to death. I'll be stocking up on holy waters before I go into the fray again.

I've died twice sense returning, I haven't gained a single xp, but I am having a blast.

Desi

Anslon said:
So I thought, Minitaur in the sewers shouldn't be a big problem right? Wrong! That thing stared me to death. I'll be stocking up on holy waters before I go into the fray again.
if you just turn around before he uses the stare move you will not be effected.

So I just did a little research on what it would take to beat some of the new expansions and it looks daunting. Are people even helping with old content like Crystalline prophecy? How is the GAF LS on this? I might pay for the switch if there might be some talk of people doing this content.

On a side note, I read that if you switch servers, then you are not charged that month's subscription fee. Is that true?

Edit: I'm also having a fascination with maps. I kinda want to collect the rare ones.

Desi

Don't know I am still trying to finish a ton of missions. CoP, WotG, and Sandy so I can move on and complete Windurst.

I do share your addiction to magical maps.

hgplayer1

Anslon said:
So I just did a little research on what it would take to beat some of the new expansions and it looks daunting. Are people even helping with old content like Crystalline prophecy? How is the GAF LS on this? I might pay for the switch if there might be some talk of people doing this content.

On a side note, I read that if you switch servers, then you are not charged that month's subscription fee. Is that true?

Edit: I'm also having a fascination with maps. I kinda want to collect the rare ones.

i still need to do a lot of the add ons. plus a lot of the other expansion missions. start a static and Im in.

Varna

Any other things one can do to improve the visuals a bit? Did the registry tweaks and draw distance add on already.

hgplayer1 said:
i still need to do a lot of the add ons. plus a lot of the other expansion missions. start a static and Im in.
I wish. I am so busy with my son that I never have set times. I kinda need an LS where I can help out and has quick pick up groups.

Max

I am not Max
Varna said:
Any other things one can do to improve the visuals a bit? Did the registry tweaks and draw distance add on already.
What's the draw distance add on?

edit: can't connect, servers down for maintenance again or something?

Shouta

Max said:
What's the draw distance add on?

edit: can't connect, servers down for maintenance again or something?

Running ok for me.

I don't think many people in the GAF LS currently need the mini-xpacs as those pieces of gear aren't as good anymore plus a lot of folks are new and a bit lower level. I need to do them myself though but I live in a JP timezone so.

Shouta

You'll want to give it a few days before you go into abyssea so you have stones and then you'll want to work on getting the abyssites that speed up stone generation.

Put in quite a few hours tonight/morning to make up for lost time. Went from 26-29 for my WAR and am eagerly looking forward to starting my career as a BST. Also got three stacks of Wind Crystals which should give me a little gil, as I have been pretty broke since arriving at Jeuno. Tomorrow I think I will get BST, finish Mission 2-3, and get WHM up to 10 or so to have a nice subjob for BST.

But I am kind of irritated there are no individual Pinches of Prism Powder for sale in the AH, only stacks. Maybe I could get someone to help sell me a single one, or help with the octopus NM that spawns for the BST quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom