• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemy

I went from 53->60 last night outside of Abyssea.... why didn't anyone tell me that Grounds of Valor alliance parties were the way to level now pre-75?!?

I need to go through all the grounds tomes and see what easy ones there are to grind, but we should set some alliances up to get low level jobs to 30 over the weekends. I was doing Crawlers page 1 in an alliance, getting like 14 exp per kill. But the page was only 6 creatures (all near the entrance), and started at 1k exp and capped at 2.3k. Murdering those easy prey with 10-15 people made it crazy fast.

Now to catch up on all my AF, LB3, and skill ups.

Today's been a good day.

vMYhD.png

Dlz4q.png

As you guys are aware, I don't have Utsusemi: Ni so I'm pretty pumped I destroyed Maat.

hgplayer1

Yeah the Maat fight can be really random like that. I remember when Grahf did it he did something wrong and still won.

Also, someone in the GoV party mentioned using Besieged for skill ups. Anyone know anything about it?

Its really easy to skill up magic in Besieged. You can cast on the mobs or on the other PCs
depending on the type of magic you are skilling up. Be careful not to get hate though or youll spend a lot of time recovering from weakness.

Weapons skills are not so easy. You have to be at least 75 to be able to actually hit most of the mobs there and youll need to be able to survive some of the AOE that comes your way. Unless its changed recently skilling up weapons is doable but not as easy as magic.

pancakesandsex said:
Wow congrats man! That's pretty awesome! How many attempts and what was your strat?
2nd attempt, 1st serious attempt. I happened to have a ninja test somehow and fought him for shits and giggles with gimped skills from abyssea, just to have an idea of what to expect.

I went in and used a sole sushi, Yonin, dropped his initial Ni shadows then stuck him with para, blind, and slow. He was paralyzed pretty much the entire fight, and he missed a lot so I only had to recast Utsusemi: Ichi once while we has paralyzed. :p I had capped katana, evasion, and 200 ninjutsu. I think the only things that dropped my shadows were his elemental spells.

Right at the very end he mijin gakure'd but I countered with a vile elixir (thanks to Kazesin for the suggestion), didn't even need to use my WS.

I still need to get my hands on a Ni scroll, so if anyone's down for BCNM40...

Shouta

Royal Jellies is a good, easy BC for Utsu: Ni, just need 2 DDs and a healer or a few DRGS.

And I haven't done Under Observation as PUP. I've never needed to. Still amazes me I got that Peacock Charm for 2 mil when it was 20 mil all those years ago.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:
Royal Jellies is a good, easy BC for Utsu: Ni, just need 2 DDs and a healer or a few DRGS.

And I haven't done Under Observation as PUP. I've never needed to. Still amazes me I got that Peacock Charm for 2 mil when it was 20 mil all those years ago.

When I came back from my 2 year off-time about 1.5 years ago, the price drop on stuff was just staggering (and on the flip side, a few items I had that I thought were junk were worth a ton).

Bilix

How is SoD doing these days? I might hop back in XI for ha-has. What did I miss after the second Abyssea add-on?

hgplayer1

Bilix said:
How is SoD doing these days? I might hop back in XI for ha-has. What did I miss after the second Abyssea add-on?

Honestly theres quite a few people in the linkshell right now but its getting harder and harder to find anyone wanting to group up to do anything.

Pan has a pretty good linkshell I hear.

elohel

hgplayer1 said:
Honestly theres quite a few people in the linkshell right now but its getting harder and harder to find anyone wanting to group up to do anything.

yeah I dunno if I'll be able to level all the way lol bit it's fun

Alchemy

hgplayer1 said:

Bah, I'm still trying to catch up so I can do stuff :(

hgplayer1

Alchemy said:
Bah, I'm still trying to catch up so I can do stuff :(

I totally understand that but I dont know why we havent had more linkshell parties for you low level guys. Sometimes I ask and nobody seems to interested.

Alchemy

hgplayer1 said:
I totally understand that but I dont know why we havent had more linkshell parties for you low level guys. Sometimes I ask and nobody seems to interested.

I'm all in for some lowbie GoV alliances or something, could always level up some more subs. Just yell at me whenever I'm online.

Alchemy

Finished LB3... looking to knock out my AF gear now. How reasonable is it to solo any of it? Looking at AF2 kinda scares me, Fei'Yin does not appear to be very friendly.

Alchemy

hgplayer1 said:
Yeah it sucks we all seem to be in so many different time zones.

I can help with most AF quests if anyone needs help with those.

When are you usually on, because I still need all of mine but the weapon XD

hgplayer1

Alchemy said:
When are you usually on, because I still need all of mine but the weapon XD

I'm usually on during the evenings on weekdays and quite a bit on the weekends.

If I log in tonight it will be in about 3 hours from now or less.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Portalbox said:
What? Norg (Tenshodo) fame is independent from Bastok fame. However, there are quests in both Windy and Bastok that people spam for Norg fame. (Necklaces and Zinc Ore)

Ah, must have gotten them mixed up then. Haven't had to do fame in years :)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Alchemy said:
I haven't looked at any of those mini expansion missions yet, what level range is that content for?

75+, least the last half of them. First bits tend to be just tedious fetch quests.

What kind of spec PC would run FFXI at max settings? I used to play the game a while back when I had a decent gaming PC, which I sold and got a netbook instead. I just tried the benchmark and it barely runs on low res on the netbook so I was thinking of buying a barebones system...I'm having serious cravings to play this game again, it has an atmosphere like no other :)

PumpkinPie said:
What kind of spec PC would run FFXI at max settings? I used to play the game a while back when I had a decent gaming PC, which I sold and got a netbook instead. I just tried the benchmark and it barely runs on low res on the netbook so I was thinking of buying a barebones system...I'm having serious cravings to play this game again, it has an atmosphere like no other :)

Just about any dedicated video card sporting pc should be fine.

Alchemy

Man, I love how there were zero teleport scrolls on the AH when I finished the quests and then the second I put mine up all of a sudden 10 pop up and under cut the current prices by half. Guess I'm holding onto these suckers.

hgplayer1

Alchemy said:
Man, I love how there were zero teleport scrolls on the AH when I finished the quests and then the second I put mine up all of a sudden 10 pop up and under cut the current prices by half. Guess I'm holding onto these suckers.

Stop lying that only happens to me. Or better yet, lets say an item was selling for 30k on every transaction in the sales history. I try to bid 29k just for kicks, then 30, then up to 35k and still no sale.

Alchemy said:

you MIGHT wanna hang onto them in case you ever level a whm sub anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom