• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawk Hawk

2,000G per marble, think everyone can have 10. So if you change the last digit each time (ensuring you'll at least win one rank 1 prize) you would effective purchase a mog house statue for 20k, like djplaeskool mentions.

But you have the chance of becoming a multi millionaire!

MistaPita

halidom.png

4/4 on Keeper of Halidom!
Killed a bunch of Quagmire pugils (giggity) and got the the Coloful Abyssite which means I'm ready to take on Shoggoth.
Who wants to kill some Shoggoths?

hgplayer1

MistaPita said:
http://www.mistapita.com/images/ffxi/halidom.png[/IMG]

4/4 on Keeper of Halidom!
Killed a bunch of Quagmire pugils (giggity) and got the the Coloful Abyssite which means I'm ready to take on Shoggoth.
Who wants to kill some Shoggoths?

Oh by the way Ill be glad to help any way I can if you go to fight that thing. I could use some help killing a ram in LaThiene myself. If you see me online just ask. Ill help if Im not busy.

(ninja bump to keep up with the XIV thread. those guys are impossible to get rid of)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Rawk Hawk said:
2,000G per marble, think everyone can have 10. So if you change the last digit each time (ensuring you'll at least win one rank 1 prize) you would effective purchase a mog house statue for 20k, like djplaeskool mentions.

But you have the chance of becoming a multi millionaire!

I seriously wonder how many people will go for the gil when they're offering nearly fully upgraded relics and mythics.

vid

I bought and played this game around launch... then gave up on it because the grind was too heavy for me, and it quickly became ridiculously hard to get my poor RDM into a party. Seeing the complete collection on Steam for $13 has me tempted... but I'm a little worried about coming back to a game where it's impossible to find a group because all of the remaining players are max level and they're too busy killing gods or whatever the cool thing is now.

Is it worth picking up? Or is it too late to try again?

Alchemy

vid said:
I bought and played this game around launch... then gave up on it because the grind was too heavy for me, and it quickly became ridiculously hard to get my poor RDM into a party. Seeing the complete collection on Steam for $13 has me tempted... but I'm a little worried about coming back to a game where it's impossible to find a group because all of the remaining players are max level and they're too busy killing gods or whatever the cool thing is now.

Is it worth picking up? Or is it too late to try again?

You can solo. There are still exp parties going on, people are still leveling a bunch of different jobs. Once you hit 45 or so you'll want to live inside of Crawlers Nest until 70/75 doing Grounds of Valor stuff, at which point you'll switch over to Abyssea which is the cool new thing.

hgplayer1

so I may very well be quitting this game.

tried to log in today and when I click play it tells me my content IDs dont exist or something.

I see in POL viewer SE has accidentally removed some people content IDs and we have to reactivate them. After initial anger I give it a try.

Click on the Reactivate ID button and it tells me my payment method isnt valid.

Find out from the forums that I need to "update" my payment method. You know the one Ive been using forever.

So I start taking steps to do that and find out I need one of those credit cards that are able to sign up for the extra security layer that SE requires now.

None of my cards seem to work. What to do.

Ploid 3.0

hgplayer1 said:

tried to log in today and when I click play it tells me my content IDs dont exist or something.

I see in POL viewer SE has accidentally removed some people content IDs and we have to reactivate them. After initial anger I give it a try.

Find out from the forums that I need to "update" my payment method. You know the one Ive been using forever.

So I start taking steps to do that and find out I need one of those credit cards that are able to sign up for the extra security layer that SE requires now.

Stinking SE what are they thinking.

Kandinsky

hgplayer1 said:

Ohh man fucking bad timing too!

demigod

hgplayer1 said:

Try on 360 yet? I heard the PS2 doesn't require security, maybe PS3 the same.

Leaping

Neo Member

ugh. I really hope you will be able to sort this out, hg. That's just really lame on their part.

vid

hgplayer1 said:

Huh. I'm going to have to do more research on this, I was preparing to pick up the game next week, but if I'm going to have to have some SUPER SPECIAL SECRET SECURITY card in order to log in, I guess I'll just avoid it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I wonder if I'm really boned in starting over. I don't have ANY of my old POL information. =/ No ID, no password, the email I was using is surely gone by now and etc. I guess I could wait until Tues-Thurs to call them, but ugh.

Rawk Hawk

DrForester said:
I seriously wonder how many people will go for the gil when they're offering nearly fully upgraded relics and mythics.
Well depends I guess on who wins, I would almost always pick gear over gil, although I don't even know the costs of a relic anymore. For all I know it's dropped quite a bit, and the gil offered for rank 1 prize would be more than enough.

That said, I'd still get gear lol, saves time.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You bastards get fired up!

I'm back. Weird how my hand remembered how to control my character automatically. =x

Karshiro on Sylph. Off to work now though.

Edit: I will be in contact with SE when I can to try and get my Galka's POL ID information so I can activate him. He has many more jobs at 75 (WAR, SAM, NIN, MNK) so I would prefer to start there.

If anyone has me as a friend (name is Ippo) under that account, if you can PM me the POL ID # (not sure if that can be seen or not) I would be grateful. Would solve a lot of problems. Or help anyways.

Ploid 3.0

I always took your hume character too seriously. He was quite intimidating.

Shouta said:
Well, I've gone and done it, I have a pair of Refresh subligar. Awesome and uuuugh subligar.

I have been cursed to wearing subligar a lot. Thf dragon subligar, and rdm jse subligar to med in for that +1 HMP tick. Rdm grew out of it with some AF2 pants or something, but now there's refresh subligar? Hope it's pup only lol.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Rawk Hawk said:
Well depends I guess on who wins, I would almost always pick gear over gil, although I don't even know the costs of a relic anymore. For all I know it's dropped quite a bit, and the gil offered for rank 1 prize would be more than enough.

That said, I'd still get gear lol, saves time.

The gil prizes have always been about 100-120 mil gil. That has never been enough to buy a full relic (assuming you were to buy all currency). It would get you the last stage, and make a big dent in the other stages. It would cover all Alexandrite for the Mythic weapons, however if you were to put a gil value on all the other stuff you have to do for a mythic I'd take the mythic.

Magian weapons I think would be a waste to get over the gil, as they aren't that hard to get compared to Relic and mythic.

I'll be getting a Nirvana for my SMN if when I win.

Kandinsky

Kintaro said:
If anyone has me as a friend (name is Ippo) under that account, if you can PM me the POL ID # (not sure if that can be seen or not) I would be grateful. Would solve a lot of problems. Or help anyways.
Cant see the POL ID through flist, can only see a weird serial ID number.

Shouta

Ploid 3.0 said:
I always took your hume character too seriously. He was quite intimidating.

I have been cursed to wearing subligar a lot. Thf dragon subligar, and rdm jse subligar to med in for that +1 HMP tick. Rdm grew out of it with some AF2 pants or something, but now there's refresh subligar? Hope it's pup only lol.

That's because you love subligars! Not because you had to!

And it's an all jobs subligar.

ZetaEpyon

Well, I'm finally back in the US after a vacation to Japan.
Should be back to my apartment and in-game tomorrow. Definitely looking forward to it. :D

LowerLevel

Wow, you guys look like you have so much fun playing this. I just returned to FFXI a couple of days ago as I'd rather play on my comfy couch and sub on my PC when wife wants the big screen to watch Top Model or some mess. I would gladly pay the $25 to transfer but I believe I'm way too low level to play with you all and definitely to casual (Only play sporadically at best most of the time).

What is your lowest level in the LS?

Shouta

LowerLevel said:
Wow, you guys look like you have so much fun playing this. I just returned to FFXI a couple of days ago as I'd rather play on my comfy couch and sub on my PC when wife wants the big screen to watch Top Model or some mess. I would gladly pay the $25 to transfer but I believe I'm way too low level to play with you all and definitely to casual (Only play sporadically at best most of the time).

What is your lowest level in the LS?

Since you can change jobs on the fly in the game, lowest level is kind of hard to pinpoint. We have lots of new folks and older folks though.

hgplayer1

well I got back online and it wasnt hard to do but I never would have been able to figure it out without reading some tips on various forums.

I did have to update my CC infor in order to be able to reactivate my content IDs but I had to do it on the 360 and take some very specific steps. It worked though.

Oh and apparently using this method enabled me to avoid having to deal with the CC verifications steps.

Ah yea when I bought it for pc I had to do some wierd thing with my credit card, too. I was thinking I'd have to figure out how to get the ps2 version to work again but mine worked.
its lame..

Shouta

Naked ploiddddd.

Once you get a little higher, the Aurore (Pink doublet) set is a good starting off point for light armor jobs. It's also dirt cheap too.

Ploid 3.0

Are there any solo missions that give gil as reward? WOTG and whatever new expansions after TOAU. Waiting on my slime oil to sell. It's like I'm in a hot plastic bag hovering around 2k. This game need good mission rewards if there's no gil missions.

Kandinsky

Ploid 3.0 said:
Are there any solo missions that give gil as reward? WOTG and whatever new expansions after TOAU. Waiting on my slime oil to sell. It's like I'm in a hot plastic bag hovering around 2k. This game need good mission rewards if there's no gil missions.
Could have come with us to dynamis, made about 150k each in 2 hours, plus lots of AFs, its probably the easiest/fastest way to make money these days and it only costs 50k once ever.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ploid 3.0 said:

There's a few missions in WOTG that gave some mog-bag upgrades that used to sell for quite a bit, however the items are now found in Abyssea, so it kind of tanked the price.

As the guy above said, Dynamis is a good money maker now.

LowerLevel

Thanks Shouta! When the in-law leaves back to Texas, I can finally get back into gaming and this old gem. When I do my transfer, I will give a shout for an invite if possible! Is Sylph the most populated server? I will check because I wonder if they will allow a transfer.

Need to do some research on things to do and how to make gil.

The amount of catching up to do on new gear, Abyssea stuff and whatnot is pretty crazy.

What are some of the things I absolutely must make sure I do ASAP?

I still need to break the level cap past 80, and all this Atma stuff seems pretty necessary.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pai Pai Master said:
The amount of catching up to do on new gear, Abyssea stuff and whatnot is pretty crazy.

What are some of the things I absolutely must make sure I do ASAP?

I still need to break the level cap past 80, and all this Atma stuff seems pretty necessary.

Get the 3 lunar abyssites ASAP. They can be gotten by doing zone megabosses in any of the nine Abyssea zones (you will get one upon exiting zone after beating your 1st and 7th zone boss). You can also buy the 3rd for curor, which you should have plenty of after a few hours exping in Abyssea.

Then...
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Atma

Find some atma you want, and go get it from the mobs. Many of the popular ones can be gotten with pickup groups. (voracious violet, razed ruins are the popular melee ones, Minikin Monstrosity is the must have mage one.)

Ploid 3.0

The grind. Going to be living on bees, and slime oils for a while. So sad that dragon blood is so cheap now. I like fighting bats more, and I could have been getting good exp to level up.
da2748e1107c11a109a12afe3124f218b837cd38.jpg

Found a NM, and that bugger almost killed me. I really need to set up my macros now haha.
5648458dc3732792e499c06bcb55636ac7318f62.jpg

Shouta

Did you make sure to start up Abyssea, Ploid? Gotta start it so you start collecting stones for it. Once you get some stones, I can help you get the ones that'll speed up the time it takes to make one.

Same goes for you Darsh. Start it up when you get to 30 so you can start collecting stones.

Ploid 3.0

Shouta said:
Did you make sure to start up Abyssea, Ploid? Gotta start it so you start collecting stones for it. Once you get some stones, I can help you get the ones that'll speed up the time it takes to make one.

Same goes for you Darsh. Start it up when you get to 30 so you can start collecting stones.

Yeah started it up with Hoga.

Glad I can make ffxi vids now too. Too bad I suck at video editing. When I get up to epic fights status I'll be rolling the cam all the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M94Z50hTvq0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom