• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home

7u4fj.png

There's the reason for the maintenance; no idea how SE missed that.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ploid 3.0 said:
Ah dang, nice, and at least you're making progress with the necromancy. Just hope Ken isn't all souless.

He's fine. Seems I was lvling PLD at the time. lol

Home said:
7u4fj.png

There's the reason for the maintenance; no idea how SE missed that.

lol So good.

Kintaro said:
I finally find my Galka information again and now the servers come down again. =/ This time for like 3.5 hours. Asssssss! On my day off too. Such shit. =( Love how the emergency will take longer than the patch.

Sweet, now we can become galka brothers in arms!

BJvvP.jpg

errrr, maybe this pic is better.

9lUvv.jpg

There we go, what the problem is?

Ploid 3.0

Wow that's awesome. The exp looks awesome too.

Oh wow Fellix, yep you're the same galka haha. So awesome.

Najii !! SoD's favorite blm/smn.
Snk070825163825a.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Is abyssea all old areas? Someone asked me. No new zone?

Kandinsky said:
People might get banned for abusing this exploit tbh.

Edit: wtf wasnt SNK female elvaan?

Yeah it's f elvaan. Looks like m and f elvaan have similar looks with dagger.

Kandinsky

Ploid 3.0 said:
Is abyssea all old areas? Someone asked me. No new zone?

Yeah it's f elvaan. Looks like m and f elvaan have similar looks with dagger.
I guess im blind lol, and yeah all are reused zones.

MistaPita

Found this and thought id share it with you all. I lvled mnk from 71-75 doing campaign in jugner killing lots of orcs and drew this in the downtime. I was all about shura at the time lol
bakgodek.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
MistaPita said:
Found this and thought id share it with you all. I lvled mnk from 71-75 doing campaign in jugner killing lots of orcs and drew this in the downtime. I was all about shura at the time lol

Damn. That's pretty fuckin' good!

Kandinsky

MistaPita said:
Wow and now that you mention it i need to try campaign again, wonder how much more xp that thing give now, i was such a campaign whore back then.

Shouta

Kandinsky said:
Wow and now that you mention it i need to try campaign again, wonder how much more xp that thing give now, i was such a campaign whore back then.

It's apparently a pretty significant boost. Not as much as Abyssea of course but pretty solid.

Ploid 3.0

Missed out on a big exp alliance because I can get to Vunkerl Inlet (this has to be in the past). I tried normal Jugner Forest and there is no zones. Tried going to the past but the Rolanberry and Batallia Downs maw didn't work (I went in the sauromugue champaign maw via death tractor thinking I wouldn't have to use it again. I hope it's not that I can only get to the past by going there again.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Missed out on a big exp alliance because I can get to Vunkerl Inlet (this has to be in the past). I tried normal Jugner Forest and there is no zones. Tried going to the past but the Rolanberry and Batallia Downs maw didn't work (I went in the sauromugue champaign maw via death tractor thinking I wouldn't have to use it again. I hope it's not that I can only get to the past by going there again.

I assume you were trying to get to abyssea - vunkerl inlet and not vunkerl inlet . There is a maw in jugner forest to the east of the outpost.

Ploid 3.0

The shout says not the abyssea. Vunkerl Inlet , could be a joke and he's sending people that don't know better on a wild goose chase.

7436b601746f87b9309f6e6096b5b47f6877e135.jpg

In the process of figuring out why I can't go to the past I found out that I have to always use the SCampaign maw for some reason. I tried to search the past good enough so that I didn't leave with no way back. I saw one crystal thing that let me activate something I think. Maybe if I got a retrace I'd end up there. Other than that there seem to be no city hub, can't enter jeuno, and the zones have dead ends where places like K.Highlands should start.

ZetaEpyon

It's almost certainly supposed to be Abyssea - Vunkerl; probably just using the because it's faster to type Vunk and hit tab.

As for why you can only use one maw, you have to exit from the other ones before you can use them. So you'd need to go in the one you have, then travel to another and exit there. Re-enter, travel to another, exit, etc.

I've seen that before

If I'm remembering it right you have to exit one from the past to be able to use them...so go in one and then walk over to each one and enter them to the now. I think. and yea you can retrace to the crystals and after you pick a nation you can be warped to that nation city from blm. you can't go to jueno(unless you can later in the story from where I am)

edit: ooh I take forever at typing lol

Ploid 3.0 said:
The shout says not the abyssea. Vunkerl Inlet , could be a joke and he's sending people that don't know better on a wild goose chase.

7436b601746f87b9309f6e6096b5b47f6877e135.jpg

In the process of figuring out why I can't go to the past I found out that I have to always use the SCampaign maw for some reason. I tried to search the past good enough so that I didn't leave with no way back. I saw one crystal thing that let me activate something I think. Maybe if I got a retrace I'd end up there. Other than that there seem to be no city hub, can't enter jeuno, and the zones have dead ends where places like K.Highlands should start.

None of the abysse terminology is in the autotranslate. If you're going to xp in an alliance there is a 99% chance that it's an abyssea zone.

Ploid 3.0

Bah, and Abyssea was the first thing I tried entering. I exited quick because it wasn't . Wasted time.

On the other hand, I almost got a full level off of Bostaunieux Oubliette FoV pages. 32,458 since I removed my level limit.

jae

FiiJK.jpg

Not incredibly impressive in the grand scheme of things, but it is my first big solo on my still pretty gimp DNC so I am pretty proud of how smooth it went. Got cursed and had to deal with Mighty Strikes with 300 HP but didn't get hit once.

Ready to brew down Isgebind, but it may have to wait til after I get back from Japan next week because I want to bring blue procs.

MistaPita

There's no need to brew isgebind IMO. I sold my pop to a sam that wanted the heart and they did it trio mnk thf and whm without any problems.
Brews are for Rani and getting Epona's ring!

jae said:
Not incredibly impressive in the grand scheme of things, but it is my first big solo on my still pretty gimp DNC so I am pretty proud of how smooth it went. Got cursed and had to deal with Mighty Strikes with 300 HP but didn't get hit once.

Ready to brew down Isgebind, but it may have to wait til after I get back from Japan next week because I want to bring blue procs.

I'm gonna second that he's not worth brewing. If you can find a whm and a brd and a good tank you'll be good. Brd for the carols (I love carols).

What are you after, the blu sword?

MistaPita said:
Okakura has been shouting about Isgebind all day offering Blu sword and dagger FL so yeah... try to get in on that!

That's a good point, anyone doing that guy for hearts will probably have the weapons up for FL / rot drop, so you might want to try camping a group and asking for rots too.

Shouta

You can augment Cursed gear using Synergy. The augs are random but when you do it again they'll overwrite the previous ones. You can never fail on the synth as well.

jiggle

wow, looking at the number of empryean +2 holders in the census
even after discounting various factors
can there actually be close to 100k + of active players playing this still?
those numbers are surprisingly high

or are the +2 so easy to get that ppl have them on multiple jobs?

It was steady around 500k players for the longest time...the biggest drop probably occurred between the release of the last add-on campaign and the first Abyssea pack. I don't think they've said lately but it's definitely well over 100k. Probably between 250-350.

jiggle

Pai Pai Master said:
It was steady around 500k players for the longest time...the biggest drop probably occurred between the release of the last add-on campaign and the first Abyssea pack. I don't think they've said lately but it's definitely well over 100k. Probably between 250-350.

yeah at first i was thinking 200k+ from looking at those numbers but then thought that can't be right cuz bismarck felt dead when i was playing last year

this is quite impressive

Nose Master

So, I don't remember my password for my old POL account. I'm pretty sure I know the ID, but do I have to call to get them to reset it, and have old expansion serials and whatnot?

Xilbalba.jpg

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Xibalba

I'm hoping this isn't to short notice. I want this guy dead bad. I tried a trio last night and lost proc at 10% of this mofo. Even tanked it on THF/NIN from 60% to 30% health.

This skele is holding a really good atma that does this:

IndigoMerit.JPG

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Indigo_Abyssite_of_Merit

Increases the effect of HP and MP bonus enhancement granted by Cruor Prospectors by 10% and 5% respectively.
Enhancement bonuses may increase further with the addition of other Abyssites of Merit: Viridian, Jade, Ivory, Sapphire and Azure.

A trio almost beat him. But if I can bring an army up there we can nail this guy to the wall. I figure this afternoon, prob 3pm est or anytime between then and like 8pm est. You just need Aby Grauberg, flux #7 (Or if you have #4 it's not bad walk). Hopefully a lev90 job and if we can get stunners available it would rock.

If we can put the full power of the LS to work VS this guy and the people who need this atma it would be perfect.

heman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom