• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nose Master

Just started playing this again, waiting on next week to res my old character. Messing around / halfass farming on a mule on my friends secondary account in the mean time: Butterface -- Asura. My main is/was: Licoriceking -- Asura.

I quit 3ish years ago. Game is so different now, it's nice.

Plooooooid. I owe you a TH knife and then some. When do you wanna go get a shiny new one? I should have some time late Friday or Saturday night if you're free.

Ploid 3.0

pancakesandsex said:
Plooooooid. I owe you a TH knife and then some. When do you wanna go get a shiny new one? I should have some time late Friday or Saturday night if you're free.

It seem like people don't even sell most things anymore. Like evasion torque, it's will probably have to be camped. You don't have to pay me, as long as they let me leech off dynamis while I become useful I'll gain enough for the items eventually. You can focus on your weapon, I like seeing Thfs finish their relics. One of my other friends finished Mandau before I quit.

I just want DNC unlocked. Gar Citadel blocked me, need 3 people. I went in one maw but ended up dying to bio 3. Needed to walk all the way to Carpenters Landing (S). This morning after oils sold and some dynamis currency, I bought pants and harnesses. I'm ok on gear now. Thf Knife will be next.

This exchange sound familiar? (this was when I came back after quitting, playing on pc for the first time. Background resolution was really low)
623e1134b0d1111d1e1cca99195acb9bac6ff467.png

Also FINALLY, 4 years late, but 22mil less.
b4f615fbd76dd419c4a0437b1cba755eb996b725.jpg

Ploid 3.0

That was a long time ago on a old old pc, + it was a busy laggy area.

Ha posted at the same time. Someone will die in a horrible way soon. Most likely hoga, and may kill us all. Like I did last night.

Ploid 3.0

SpiderJerusalem said:
aht urghan used to be a laggy shithole

oops beaten
hey ploid thf is my highest level now, it hasn't been that since we were pumpkinhead thfs

So you hit 76. I need to get these merits don pronto. FUSE and your limit breaks. Now you're the senior thf in the group lol.

Ploid 3.0 said:
So you hit 76. I need to get these merits don pronto. FUSE and your limit breaks. Now you're the senior thf in the group lol.

Don't worry too much about merits. Just hit cap in an xp party and you can merit naturally by doing NMs in abyssea and stuff.

Shouta

Ploid 3.0 said:

If you need some merits, just let me know and I can get some for ya in Abyssea if you want. I'll have to get you the stones to increase stone generation first though, which means killing moar tonberries time.

Toth

XD To be fair, i signed up like a year ago and just now got access to post!

Glad to see we have such a great community here!

MistaPita

Nice, grats on the Veres!

So we did an Ironclad Tritulator run the other night and it was more or less a disaster. I did learn some valuable things though. Our setup the first time was me on MNK/WAR, Naka on BLU/NIN, Dani on BLM and Talym WHM/RDM. We wiped with the NM at 40%-ish after I got hit with some serious damage while Talym was casting regen, the strain on one WHM with war sub was too much.
The following rounds I tried subbing NIN wich didnt help at all since hate ended up everywhere while i was casting utsu instead of hitting it and the following draw in and smash caused us to wipe.
Now I am certain we could have pulled it off with me on MNK/WAR just constantly doing damage to it and spamming provoke whenever its up to make sure its only focusing on myself and by just adding one more WHM to keep the cures coming there shouldnt be any problems keeping me alive through the fight.
Talym was doing a great job as i was getting hit for up to 1000dmg per hit at the most but even with perfect timing on the cures she would have run out of MP before it was dead.
To be resumed...

Shouta

err 1000? I don't remember the triurator doing that kind of damage. Did you have Berserk and Countersance up most of the time? If not, I need to fight that NM again to see how much damage it really does.

MistaPita

I didnt use counterstance since none of his attacks could be countered and i didnt use berserk. My def was around 500 and he hit for 250-300 at the start of the fight but once his hp got lower his attack seemed to increase plus he uses mighty strikes. The hardest hit he got in was 1200, probably while terrored, and dropped my hp from 3500 to 400 in one or two attack rounds.

ZetaEpyon

Thanks for the vote of confidence on my white magery. Still, it would have helped if I'd realized that I didn't have Afflatus Solace up; cureskin definitely would have helped take the edge off a bit, particularly since I was mainly dropping Cure Vs. I guess I'm still rusty on whm, despite it being my first job. x.x

Also, I'm wondering what the atma setup was for that. Maybe that would make a difference?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yeah, the Galka is gone. I don't have my serial numbers, my POL ID or the card used during the time the account was active (card expired). According to the SE rep, I'm boned.

Shouta

ZetaEpyon said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence on my white magery. Still, it would have helped if I'd realized that I didn't have Afflatus Solace up; cureskin definitely would have helped take the edge off a bit, particularly since I was mainly dropping Cure Vs. I guess I'm still rusty on whm, despite it being my first job. x.x

Also, I'm wondering what the atma setup was for that. Maybe that would make a difference?

I'd probably go Stormbird, Minikin, and Allure for that fight myself. Lots of refresh and higher MP pool and a huge enmity decrease.

Alchemy

Any suggestions for melee/BST atmas? I've heard that Razed Ruins is ideal, but no idea what else I should be looking for.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Alchemy said:
Any suggestions for melee/BST atmas? I've heard that Razed Ruins is ideal, but no idea what else I should be looking for.

Razed Ruins, Voracious Violet. Just look at the stats, and keep in mind they also WILL stack on your pet.

MistaPita

I used RR, SS and Stronghold myself. RR and SS for super criticals plus hp boost and stronghold, which was something of a test, for atk, def and regen.
Gonna try to get Apocalypse and have that ready for next time and go RR, GH and Apoc.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah was mainly wondering what MistaPita was using in terms of atmas (damage mitigation, output, etc); I think I was already using Full Moon, Minikin, and Rescuer myself, don't have Allure yet.

Ploid 3.0

I have no clue what atmas are, maybe I need to start reading the text that prevent me from moving. 10 more levels on thief and I can work on getting stable with putting gil in it and soften up rdm or bst gear. Bst gear might help with sam, and war gear.

Ploid 3.0 said:
I have no clue what atmas are, maybe I need to start reading the text that prevent me from moving. 10 more levels on thief and I can work on getting stable with putting gil in it and soften up rdm or bst gear. Bst gear might help with sam, and war gear.

Special Abyssea only buffs you get from killing monsters in Abyssea. You can have one for every lunar abyssite KI you posess. You get 2 of those from killing Abyssea zone bosses, and 1 from a purchase with Abyssea space bucks called cruor.

Ploid 3.0

B.K. said:
What happened?

I really should have checked this thread when I saw this in the LS. Could have avoided it all.

Edit:

Spent all my Cruor trying to get a good augment, no good dagger from the group. What's with resist stun and elemental resist. I got one with 6 resist stun and +2% crit dmg... Good thing you can sell them to a merchant for 6k.

cdba60a525e91017acace2575a32341fe23198be.jpg

jae

w2wis.jpg

0/9 on my own tonight, Lost the only claim in piercing where it had a dagger weakness.

Went for one last one, with some proc help, and ... well. LenneTH indeed.

Ploid 3.0

hah when was this? I didn't see LenneTH say that. Grats

Edit: Oh wait I forgot you're not the other Jae. I guess I wasn't paying attention when it was killed.

ZetaEpyon

The new patch notes are up:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/11231-July-12-2011-(JST)-Version-Update

Nothing super huge, but a lot of little tweaks and fixes.

A few that I liked in particular:
  • The area of effect for the thief abilities Accomplice and Collaborator was expanded.
  • The ninja abilities Innin and Yonin no longer share the same recast timer.
  • The recast times for the ninja abilities Innin and Yonin have been reduced from five minutes to three minutes.
  • The array of equipment sold by vendor NPCs in San d'Oria, Bastok, and Windurst has received major revisions. Furthermore, whether or not certain equipment will appear in a vendor's inventory will no longer depend upon the Conquest hierarchy.
  • The icon shown above characters is now more detailed in the Windows and Xbox 360 versions of the game.
  • The title screen menu is now more detailed in the Windows and Xbox 360 versions of the game.
  • The maximum resolution of the back buffer, which can be adjusted in the Screen Size menu under FINAL FANTASY XI Config in the Windows version, has been increased to 2048 x 2048.
  • A new Abyssea category has been added for key items.

The new /yell command seems interesting; if people use it, it should finally eliminate the need to be in Port Jeuno to get party invites and such. The yells will go to all the Jeuno zones. Hopefully, people don't end up being idiots with it, but at least you can turn it off, too.

The list of resolved issues is as long as I remember seeing for a single patch...

Ploid 3.0 said:
I really should have checked this thread when I saw this in the LS. Could have avoided it all.

Edit:

Spent all my Cruor trying to get a good augment, no good dagger from the group. What's with resist stun and elemental resist. I got one with 6 resist stun and +2% crit dmg... Good thing you can sell them to a merchant for 6k.

http://i.picpar.com/cdba60a525e91017acace2575a32341fe23198be.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

how do you do that?

[QUOTE] Furthermore, whether or not certain equipment will appear in a vendor's inventory will no longer depend upon the Conquest hierarchy.[/QUOTE]

where was that when I was crafting -_-

Kandinsky

Ploid 3.0 said:

http://i.picpar.com/cdba60a525e91017acace2575a32341fe23198be.jpg
Advice, try to save cruor to get your Lunar Abyssite for 100k.

SE said:
The issue wherein the window in which players could use a blunt damage weapon skill to strike an Abyssean fiend's weakness was longer than intended.
lol.

Ploid 3.0

Kandinsky said:
Advice, try to save cruor to get your Lunar Abyssite for 100k.

So much stuff in abyssea, there should have been a class and test that you had to take (just kidding. No thanks SE).

SNK just showed me this pld's shield and said it's better than Aegis. Wow I know people said PLDs don't get to do anything now but seeing all these blocks and the tp gain makes me think they are pretty good. This PLD sure would have been good in the old ffxi haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZp4Q244Vsw

Ochain

PLD Divine Might Soro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyDiSk3-HuY&NR=1

PLD a new solo job? in my crosshairs now.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I finally find my Galka information again and now the servers come down again. =/ This time for like 3.5 hours. Asssssss! On my day off too. Such shit. =( Love how the emergency will take longer than the patch.

Ploid 3.0

Kintaro said:
I finally find my Galka information again and now the servers come down again. =/ This time for like 3.5 hours. Asssssss! On my day off too. Such shit. =( Love how the emergency will take longer than the patch.

Ah dang, nice, and at least you're making progress with the necromancy. Just hope Ken isn't all souless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom