• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistaPita

Getting a group together to kill that guy is a fine idea, especially since i need it as well!
I should point out though that abyssites and atmas are two completely diffrent things.
Atmas need to be infused and youre limited to a maximum of 3 but abyssites are always automatically equipped and stack with others of the same kind.
So if you have Azure, Jade, Sapphire, Viridian, Indigo and Ivory Abyssite of Merit you get a total of +60% hp increase from the cruor prospector when you pick hp+ enhancement bonus.

I'm on that dagger trial 1105 also vs puks on wind day. That's the same spot I use too.

I think I got 65 left on the 1st dagger then 250 for the 2nd. Hopefully I'll get the Kila +2 soon. Been working on this for a month now... :(

Ploid 3.0

Found it. Absolute Virtue's atma

"Atma of the Luminous Wings"

Stats

Subtle Blow +: Superior
Enmity-: Superior
Occasionally absorbs physical damage:

Looks like it's for mnk or something.

Nose Master

Just went through some ridiculous shit to restore my account (forgot the password), login to find out it's been banned. Ex that I gave the account to musta used it for botting. Grrrrreeeeat.

EDIT: Can I even reroll with the same name that was on the account (mine)? Different CC#.

Kandinsky

CATDAFELIX said:
I'm on that dagger trial 1105 also vs puks on wind day. That's the same spot I use too.

I think I got 65 left on the 1st dagger then 250 for the 2nd. Hopefully I'll get the Kila +2 soon. Been working on this for a month now... :(
What you should do for that trial is shout in jeuno and go to aby vunk, when i did it for a friend people joined almost instantly (8 or so ppl) and the trial was done in half a windsday.

Nose Master said:
EDIT: Can I even reroll with the same name that was on the account (mine)? Different CC#.
I don't think you can D:

Nose Master

Kandinsky said:
I don't think you can D:

I tried anyways, seems to be working. I already bought the abyss pack during the steam sale, so I figured I'd try. Got up to the point of making a content ID and downloading patches, we'll see. I'll prolly get randomly banhammered in the future.

After some light research, seems like my character was just straight up stolen. I gave my account to my ex-gf, but she also quit around '08. On ffxiah, he's gone from Oct '08 to Nov '10, then comes back for two days. Buying a bunch of NQ ninja shit. Then nothing.

Ploid 3.0

Anyone here in SoD that has not done or finished the expansion stuff missions that have pretty nice rewards? All these nice armors and I doubt people outside of the ls group up to do these often.

D: More pet buffs!
a2d2bbc69fef27f35962bfddd501d4222768f3e3.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Shouta said:
I still need to do it myself, I'll be glad to do it with ya if you want Ploid.

Ok, getting to solo stuff out of the way now. Collecting the chalk, back plate, stuff like that. I'm in, I have no idea how big the end fights are.

I'm currently up to....

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Rescue!_A_Moogle%27s_Labor_of_Love

on MKD. Does anyone want to finish it tonight? I'm game.

ZetaEpyon

I'm a bit into ACP and have not even started MKD or ASA, yet. (Other than forced cutscenes from zoning into places, etc.)

I'd be up for doing some of this stuff this weekend. The rewards aren't so great now with Abyssea gear, but I still want to do them at some point. :)

Ploid 3.0

pancakesandsex said:
I'm currently up to....

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Rescue!_A_Moogle%27s_Labor_of_Love

on MKD. Does anyone want to finish it tonight? I'm game.

I'll try to have my missions done before you do this. Probably won't, man tonight is a fast deadline.

ZetaEpyon

pancakesandsex said:
I would also be down for murdering the shit out of bahamut V1 and finishing Zilart/CoP if anyone else needs. I really wanna get those done.

I just need Apocalypse Nigh, myself. Bahamut must be fun with level 90s though. XD

ZetaEpyon

Yeah when I did Bahamut V1, it was like a dozen level 75 black mages that just nuked the hell out of it. The rest of us were pretty much along for the ride. I think the whole fight lasted all of about 45 seconds.

hgplayer1 said:
I'll have to check when I get home later but I'm well into MKD

I looked you up on the AH, looks like you're on the one before me, you need to get a sahagin key and go behind the door in SS grotto. Pretty easy solo since almost nothing aggros now. Ploid needs it to, so if you get on soon you can get one key instead of 2 separate ones.

hgplayer1

pancakesandsex said:
I looked you up on the AH, looks like you're on the one before me, you need to get a sahagin key and go behind the door in SS grotto. Pretty easy solo since almost nothing aggros now. Ploid needs it to, so if you get on soon you can get one key instead of 2 separate ones.
Oh thats right that key quest is a pain in the ass

B.K.

I just did a few Bastion Battles. They were pretty nice. I got the three hundred Credits I needed to buy my AF3 legs and still have a few hundred left. I got more in the fifteen minutes I did that than all the times I did that trap quest.

Ploid 3.0

Replay of that BC Moogle expansion fight, to see what we can do differently. The big problem was the Henchmen it seem. I thought there was going to be 3. Maybe everyone assist Tal and sleep the others dynamis style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VunKFiDvbxI

Man I love this background music, is there a way to make this my only battle music?

Edit: Sheep Song would have been good. Think I'll go sheep next. Save tp for sheep song. I find myself spamming this zoolater hat a lot now.

After he rest two times we could probably just sleep the henchmen and work on him since he won't be getting cured again. So third henchmen call. Or I could keep pet on him while we take care of henchmen one at a time. I can spam reward when available to keep the pet from dying.

Also it's probably best if I sit out while my pet attacks so I don't get drawn in. That was a lot of damage I could have avoided. Probably best to take it slow at first.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Replay of that BC Moogle expansion fight, to see what we can do differently. The big problem was the Henchmen it seem. I thought there was going to be 3. Maybe everyone assist Tal and sleep the others dynamis style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VunKFiDvbxI

Man I love this background music, is there a way to make this my only battle music?

Edit: Sheep Song would have been good. Think I'll go sheep next. Save tp for sheep song. I find myself spamming this zoolater hat a lot now.

After he rest two times we could probably just sleep the henchmen and work on him since he won't be getting cured again. So third henchmen call. Or I could keep pet on him while we take care of henchmen one at a time. I can spam reward when available to keep the pet from dying.

Also it's probably best if I sit out while my pet attacks so I don't get drawn in. That was a lot of damage I could have avoided. Probably best to take it slow at first.

Yeah no sleeps definitely hurt us. Sheep song + sleep 1-2 and possibly break should be enough. I think I can get them off fast enough to minimize the pain. We'll win it next time!

Thanks for the replay btw, I had no idea you were recording lol.

Home

pancakesandsex said:
Yeah no sleeps definitely hurt us. Sheep song + sleep 1-2 and possibly break should be enough. I think I can get them off fast enough to minimize the pain. We'll win it next time!

Thanks for the replay btw, I had no idea you were recording lol.

If you have someone with 90 blu, use dream flower, will keep them all slept, and bring em down one at a time. Trio it with 90 blu/90 sam/90 whm

Whogie

356 damage. Cutting it close -- 'grats on the win.

A while back during my Ultima fight he was nearly dead, but we wiped. The mage reraised, and cast raise on us all so that everyone would raise at once for a final strike. We all wiped again, and so close to victory. While we were laying dead, talking in chat, a cutscene started.

Dia killed him.

Ploid 3.0

B.K. said:
Why did it take so long? You should have beaten the record time.

Pet fought first to take him down to killable mode after two baby moogles spawns.

Whogie said:
356 damage. Cutting it close -- 'grats on the win.

A while back during my Ultima fight he was nearly dead, but we wiped. The mage reraised, and cast raise on us all so that everyone would raise at once for a final strike. We all wiped again, and so close to victory. While we were laying dead, talking in chat, a cutscene started.

Dia killed him.

Wow awesome

Ploid 3.0

KS99 wyrm, fight, faf pop item, nidhogg fight. Who want's in!!!!?

Ok ninjas tear them up now, and a evasion set makes it easy apparently. If we get no pop item or BB item for Darsh at least we will have a good time fighting.

I got a stack of KS99 that I don't plan on ever using otherwise. The reason for going for wyrm is I think it leads to faf, then Nidhogg. Those are better drops than turtle or behemoth. Fights are more fun too.

Wyrm
ffxi_20110516_141835.png

Faf
ffxi_20110516_151158.png

Ploid 3.0

You mnks and your abyssea performance enhancing atmas. Was thinking about popping that NM doll but seeing it chew up thfs scared me straight.

Home

Kandinsky said:
Or just bring a BLM, lol.

BLU is much better for that fight then BLM, just because a t90 blu spells will do upwards of 7k and you can spam them.

Grats on your victory though guys!

Ploid 3.0

Editing my post before I even post it. I was thinking break would allow us to keep fighting a spammy fafhogg instead of sleeping it then medding up. Forgot they get out of petrify after you hit them with player's break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom