• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

If stuff usually isn't going on you tend to go to a shell where something is. That's how I was. We gotta do more stuff, have plans.

Probably need to get your NM done Sacan, that thing sounds interesting. 3 zones, 2 nms each. I need to look that up, I don't even know how strong the nms are. My bst should be ready though. Also seem like another game is grabbing people's attention. That starwars one, The Republic.

Husker86

Once this transfer to SE accounts is finished, does that mean we will be able to sign up for 30-day increments instead of how it is now where if I sign up at the end of the month I pay full price for that month?

If I have any self control I won't be rejoining, but I can't stop keeping up on FFXI news and really want to see what higher levels are like (last I quit I was 76 PLD).

Whogie

^^^ Everyone's getting switched over to $12.95/30 days now, as opposed to per month.

Kandinsky said:
ingame item is lame lol
item.jpg

Wow you weren't kidding. Could have some utility if it's Jeuno's circuit though.
Took my SMN from 45 to 62 in a GoV alliance today. That was crazy. Have to do some serious catch up with equipment now.

Husker86

Oh boy...yep, I'm coming back. I want to transfer to the GAF server but I'll have to make sure I don't want to quit again after a month before paying to do so. I'll be on Carbuncle when registration servers come back, my previous Gilgamesh got merged with that.

Whogie

Ploid 3.0 said:
You serious? Its $12.95 for 30days now? If so I'm quitting again soon.
SE said:
Subscription Periods
As a result of the transfer to the Square Enix Account Management system, the subscription period for Final Fantasy XI will be changed from $12.95/month to $12.95/30 days.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news20920.shtml

It's technically a price increase, but it'd take 6 years to have to pay for another month. Now you don't have to worry about reactivating at the end of the month.

Ploid 3.0

Husker86 said:
Why is that bad?

It's not. Surprised it took this long.

Edit: One of the factors that made me activate when I did was that it was the start of the new registration period. So I would have had at least 20 days if I decided I wanted to quit again. I believe I reactivated near the end once. That sucked.

Husker86

Yeah, I probably would have went on more come back/quit streaks if I didn't always get the urge on the 20th of the month. Agreed that I can't believe it took this long (especially when, like said above, it's actually a better profit for the company).

Kntj

"This PlayOnline ID cannot be transferred.
Please contact the Square Enix Support Center for further details."

Do I have to reactivate content id before I can transfer the account? I've had a 2 month break from the game.

Husker86

Kntj said:
"This PlayOnline ID cannot be transferred.
Please contact the Square Enix Support Center for further details."

Do I have to reactivate content id before I can transfer the account? I've had a 2 month break from the game.

I don't think so. I haven't been active for at least 8 months and I did it. Though I didn't do the ClickBuy signup at the end, I just chose Crysta, wonder if I even finished. At what point in the process did you get that message?

They posted this:

This is an announcement concerning transfers to Square Enix Accounts.

Customers who have reactivated Content IDs, purchased additional expansions, performed world transfers, or made any other additional purchases during the month of July, will not be able to complete the transfer process until after the monthly maintenance scheduled for the end of this month.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

Kntj

Husker86 said:
I don't think so. I haven't been active for at least 8 months and I did it. Though I didn't do the ClickBuy signup at the end, I just chose Crysta, wonder if I even finished. At what point in the process did you get that message?

Right after giving my Playonline ID password.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Transfered, recovered and activated!

Ready to rock again.

Rinoa

Welp, there goes any chance of my ever coming back. My account was Japanese & credit card payments, but I haven't even bothered to port it over to the new Square Enix account system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom