• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rinoa said:
Welp, there goes any chance of my ever coming back. My account was Japanese & credit card payments, but I haven't even bothered to port it over to the new Square Enix account system.

You should be able to transfer it to a US SE account, there was an FAQ on it. I may be wrong but I believe they addressed this.

Rinoa

I think I had my JP POL account linked to a JP SquareEnix back when they first introduced it and were requiring SquareEnix account sign ups in order to get FF14 beta invites.

From what I remember, they were not accepting non-JP credit cards for the past few years. My original card # from 2001 continued to be stored/charged correctly through POL until 2009 even though I didn't update the card expiry date. Trying to update the card # resulted in an error.

B.K.

Your credit card really shouldn't matter much after you link the account. You can pay monthly with Crysta and you can buy Crysta with a PayPal account.

Ploid 3.0

As long as I'm not transferred they wont charge me automatically for future months right? If they won't, cool, I'll work on getting into their new system at my own pace.

First 3-D now this. What's going on with FFXI

Rawk Hawk

Ploid 3.0 said:
Moving sucks, especially if you have a lot of stuff. I hate it.
You're not kidding, I've been in my new house for a month and still hardly have time to play any games. Sucks so bad.

So what's this transfer crap, so instead of paying with a credit card, I need to buy Crysta using a paypal account which would be connected to the same credit card? Well that's user friendly, thanks SE. So much easier this way, so now I have to remember two more sign on and passwords (clickandbuy and paypal?), hopefully they require capital letters and numbers so that way I'll forget it and be charged for eternity.

ZetaEpyon

Rawk Hawk said:
So what's this transfer crap, so instead of paying with a credit card, I need to buy Crysta using a paypal account which would be connected to the same credit card? Well that's user friendly, thanks SE. So much easier this way, so now I have to remember two more sign on and passwords (clickandbuy and paypal?), hopefully they require capital letters and numbers so that way I'll forget it and be charged for eternity.

Assuming you're in the US, no, you don't have to use ClickandBuy to buy Crysta. If you want to use PayPal, you choose UltimatePay, which directs you immediately to PayPal. The only login required is for PayPal.

ClickandBuy is only required if you want to do a recurring payment via credit card.

Kandinsky

Rinoa said:
With a JP card that has a JP billing address :(
Just pointing how fucked up is that JP get the option while the rest of the world have to set a C&B account and buy Crysta in increments of 10, that is all.

B.K.

Kandinsky said:
Just pointing how fucked up is that JP get the option while the rest of the world have to set a C&B account and buy Crysta in increments of 10, that is all.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, you don't have to use a C&B account to buy Crysta. You can buy Crysta with PayPal.

Kandinsky

B.K. said:
Unless I'm reading it wrong, you don't have to use a C&B account to buy Crysta. You can buy Crysta with PayPal.
Yeah so? you still have to set a third party account bs for this nonsense, whether JPs can keep using the system we are using atm.

SE said:
Greetings all,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are aware of the comments and discussions taking place regarding the new payment procedures not only on the official forum, but on the community sites, as well.

While we don't have specific details to share at this time, we do want to inform you that improving the payment processing options are still a part of an ongoing process. We will continue to take all the feedback we receive as we strive to make the experience as user-friendly as possible for all of our customers going forward.
I really hope they letme pay directly with my CC like i have been doing for the last 7 or so years, but i doubt they will.

Velion

Kandinsky said:
Yeah so? you still have to set a third party account bs for this nonsense, whether JPs can keep using the system we are using atm.

I really hope they letme pay directly with my CC like i have been doing for the last 7 or so years, but i doubt they will.
Its SE they rather lose a lot of subs than switch to a billing system that works.

Rinoa

I wonder if they'll change their minds because the loss of subs is huger than they estimated.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...t-Transfer-FAQ?p=158090&viewfull=1#post158090

Greetings all,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are aware of the comments and discussions taking place regarding the new payment procedures not only on the official forum, but on the community sites, as well.

While we don't have specific details to share at this time, we do want to inform you that improving the payment processing options are still a part of an ongoing process. We will continue to take all the feedback we receive as we strive to make the experience as user-friendly as possible for all of our customers going forward.

jae

I deactivated yesterday. I won't have much time in August to play so I decided to save the $13. See you all at the next cap raise!

Ploid 3.0

Hmm I can still log on!

9eb4e14b01ee66596ae3d61d2605930c615f85b0.png

Ploid 3.0

Had to find something to do, leveling new jobs is the most interesting thing right now. Too bad, with book burn, I can't use my cool new abilities.

Edit: It's so fast to level jobs now. One of my main reasons for not wanting to level a new job was because of gear and I'd have to probably think about AF3. After bst is has been trucking with no af3, and thf with 2 af3+1s (that aren't really useful outside of putting pants on me vs tights/subligar) I think dnc will be perfectly fine without. DNC also share a lot of gear with thf. It's like THF II (mentioned it on the LS), 0% TH mess, 100% awesomeness.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ploid 3.0 said:
Unlike a certain pup parading around as a mnk.

I like you. Except you're a BST, the 2nd inferior pet job.

Kneel before your pet job master!
PJ6Zt.jpg

And as a side note, I've decided to pursue a mythic weapon (Nirvana). I have a hefty pile of gil, but it would only purchase just shy of 1/4 the needed Alexandrite. Have some friends who are going to star ruing salvage.

I'm also hedging bets that they overhaul the mythic weapon quest, so I don't plan on buying that much yet. They already overhauled Relic's with the recent Dynamis changes, making ancient currency far more available. The stated goal of mythic weapons when they came out was Relic level weapons, with less need to be super-rich, as was needed to fund all those dynamis runs, and instead make it many layered quests that would require a lot more effort. Now Alexandrite is much more rare, as almost no one does salvage anymore. Gathering all that Alexandrite is just as daunting a task as gathering all the ancient currency, and mythic has a ton of extra steps. Gathering a ton of points from Einherjar (which would take 6+ months of just tier 3 runs), gathering all those Nyzul Island Tokens, redoing all assaults, defeating all the tier 4 ZNM monsters for a non-guaranteed drop, then possibly losing them in a solo fight at the end of the quest, etc.

Still going to go for it, but I really do hope there's a fix for the Alexandrite in the form of lowering the number, or making it drop in many more areas.

Ploid 3.0

DrForester said:
I like you. Except you're a BST, the 2nd inferior pet job.

Kneel before your pet job master!
PJ6Zt.jpg

And as a side note, I've decided to pursue a mythic weapon (Nirvana). I have a hefty pile of gil, but it would only purchase just shy of 1/4 the needed Alexandrite. Have some friends who are going to star ruing salvage.

I'm also hedging bets that they overhaul the mythic weapon quest, so I don't plan on buying that much yet. They already overhauled Relic's with the recent Dynamis changes, making ancient currency far more available. The stated goal of mythic weapons when they came out was Relic level weapons, with less need to be super-rich, as was needed to fund all those dynamis runs, and instead make it many layered quests that would require a lot more effort. Now Alexandrite is much more rare, as almost no one does salvage anymore. Gathering all that Alexandrite is just as daunting a task as gathering all the ancient currency, and mythic has a ton of extra steps. Gathering a ton of points from Einherjar (which would take 6+ months of just tier 3 runs), gathering all those Nyzul Island Tokens, redoing all assaults, defeating all the tier 4 ZNM monsters for a non-guaranteed drop, then possibly losing them in a solo fight at the end of the quest, etc.

Still going to go for it, but I really do hope there's a fix for the Alexandrite in the form of lowering the number, or making it drop in many more areas.

I noticed how much more awesomer smn are now. They keep their avatars out a lot and they seem a lot more powerful. Props, bst getting scraps still (come on, let us charm in these end game zones SE, what the crap!).

Ding 75 dnc.
95ea2a1ad32ac25e61cc8d7986825581881cc809.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Yeah, just pretty much tell it to fight it and keep it's hp up. By the end I didn't even bother curing the sheep anymore. It's like the fight got easier for the sheep. I stayed in the spot I was at in the picture. I even forgot to lamb chop a few times.

Edit: It would be something if the pet food regen effect stacked, making the fight easier in the end.

Edit2: Just beat the game. End CG screen grab (spoiler alert)
Click (sfw, not a trick)

hgplayer1

Does anyone want to do Bastok Missions?

I think I am on rank 8 and want to finish it at some point but I'll be glad to help go through any of the other missions to get people caught up.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
hgplayer1 said:
Does anyone want to do Bastok Missions?

I think I am on rank 8 and want to finish it at some point but I'll be glad to help go through any of the other missions to get people caught up.

No one WANTS to do Bastok missions...

It's more of an obligation so you can move on the the superior Sandoria, and Best Windurst.

Though, way back when mages all went Bastok to get that +50 MP neck piece.

Ploid 3.0

I forgot to comment on this. I want to. Especially since I think they give you 100k at the end. I'm on 8-2 I think (Kuftal tunnel). I'll start wherever.

hgplayer1

DrForester said:
No one WANTS to do Bastok missions...

It's more of an obligation so you can move on the the superior Sandoria, and Best Windurst.

Though, way back when mages all went Bastok to get that +50 MP neck piece.

The only reason I really asked was because I know there are Bastokians in our LS that havent completed the missions. I asked in LS chat but didnt really get any response.

I soloed to rank 8 on my 75SAM so its not difficult at all its just a matter of putting the time in. Im not sure I can solo the current mission Im on so Id like to get whoever else needs it up to speed.

I do plan on moving on to Windurst when Im done.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How... did you get up there?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck it! Following the stream, random screenshot time :D

y6whT.jpg

zvgyL.jpg

3MOiL.jpg

rdBVZ.jpg

TdAXh.jpg

gcCki.jpg

vPixP.jpg

22udG.jpg

zCtRJ.jpg

gEvrG.jpg

Z6lTx.jpg

MistaPita

Walk of Echoes Battlefield Adjustments

A number of changes will be introduced to Walk of Echoes battlefields in the next version update:

General

The no-reservation system will be preserved.
The once-per-Vana’diel-day entry restriction will be preserved.
All PCs in a single battlefield will form an allied group, similar to Campaign battles.
The spawn delay for subsequent waves of monsters in each walk will be reduced.
The cutscene displayed upon receiving Kupofried’s medallion will appear only once.
New upper-tier walks will be added.

Evaluation and Rewards

Evaluation conditions will be revised.
The system providing exclusive rewards to only the highest-rated participants will be changed to one in which all characters rated above a certain level will qualify for extra spoils.
Monster item drops and lottable spoils will be abolished.
New rewards will be added.
Coin drop rate will be increased.

Difficulty Adjustments

The linked enmity system will be revised.
Characters who remain KO'd for 30 seconds will automatically receive a Raise effect.
A possible time limit extension to 60 minutes is under consideration.

Ploid 3.0

I tried finding out what Walk Of Echoes was and after reading it I still don't know. So it is some wotg endgame type event? Do people still do it? What are the coins used for?

SE explained the tactical processor.

"Prepare to have your minds blown as we have…yes…information about what the Tactical Processor does!

This attachment is a bit different than the standard attachment that, for example, gives XX% increase in attack, defense, etc. The automaton periodically checks the information around the automaton and decides its next move (if HP took a hit, it will cure, if TP has been saved up, it will perform a WS, etc.).

When using the Tactical Processor the frequency of these checks is increased and allows the automaton to respond to variations in its environment quicker and more precisely.

However, every time it performs a check, the overload value increases, so as the frequency of checks increases it will increase the possibility of an overload.

Epic sauce? Anti-climatic? Let us know!"

Ploid 3.0

Haste samba II please. I have Haste samba + 5 merits but not sure if it's for other people, if it's +5% haste (10%), and if it can overwrite nin/dnc's haste samba daze for other people.

7571a97dc128891c0717108c560d46705b1d4e56.jpg

hgplayer1

Ploid 3.0 said:
I tried finding out what Walk Of Echoes was and after reading it I still don't know. So it is some wotg endgame type event? Do people still do it? What are the coins used for?

The coins are for weapon upgrades.

I went in to WoE solo one day and killed one crab then another crab and a bigger crab came to where I had just killed the other one. I had moved away so I just watched them for a while. They didnt aggro me because I was out of range but then I decided to try them and they killed me.

Im not sure of all the rules of WoE but you can fight the mobs there in waves. Not sure if you can control all the waves of mobs but like I mentioned that first crab was by himself until I killed it then the other two came.

I went into one of the other zones and the mobs were in groups everywhere I went. There wasnt a single mob I could pull alone.

Ploid 3.0

Sounds pretty interesting. What weapon upgrades were they? Sounds like it didn't take off as big as Dynamis, Assault/salvage/nyzul, and abyssea. Probably didn't have good enough rewards.

MistaPita

Ploid 3.0 said:
Sounds pretty interesting. What weapon upgrades were they? Sounds like it didn't take off as big as Dynamis, Assault/salvage/nyzul, and abyssea. Probably didn't have good enough rewards.
They're for "nq" empyreal weapons. For example, if you're a MNK and doing the upgrade path for Verethragna you get the option to go for either Verethragna or Revenant fists after the VNMs. Verethragna uses items from popped NMs and Revenant fists uses coins of advancement and then kindred crests after that. You get the WS but slightly worse stats and no aftermath. Definitely still worthwhile though not to mention a lot easier to obtain.

Ploid 3.0

Lonestar said:
Heh, so when did some of ya'll come back to FFXI?

Beginning of July for me Amazon sale + hoga twisting my arm + it seemed like it was a lot more fun with a ton of stuff to do.

hgplayer1 said:
The coins are for weapon upgrades.

I went in to WoE solo one day and killed one crab then another crab and a bigger crab came to where I had just killed the other one. I had moved away so I just watched them for a while. They didnt aggro me because I was out of range but then I decided to try them and they killed me.

Im not sure of all the rules of WoE but you can fight the mobs there in waves. Not sure if you can control all the waves of mobs but like I mentioned that first crab was by himself until I killed it then the other two came.

I went into one of the other zones and the mobs were in groups everywhere I went. There wasnt a single mob I could pull alone.

They have really strange aggro rules depending on the battlefield iirc. The crab behavior being a perfect example of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom