• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whogie

gCCyh.png

Yey.

Chuck said:
Speaking of level caps, when's Square gonna raise it again?
Probably September.
Take this:
TB458.jpg

And add a month to it due to the earthquake.

Just pulled the trigger on steam. Lost my account a couple years ago, but I've been missing The Greatest Game Of All Time and decided to start anew.

How's PUP looking these days? Any better?

HappyBivouac said:
Just pulled the trigger on steam. Lost my account a couple years ago, but I've been missing The Greatest Game Of All Time and decided to start anew.

They explained what tactical processor does.

EDIT: Ugh, I've figured it out, but there is absolutely zero information provided by SE and Steam on how to get this set up. You have to go to your square enix account in your web browser, go to "select service" > FFXI/POL > Add new PlayOnline service account, and enter the CDkey that steam gives you. This will register POL and all of the game+ expansions. After that, add a character option. However I still haven't figured out how to register the Destrier Beret code. The old way of doing it in the PlayOnline Viewer no longer works.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, they don't usually do a good job of communicating stuff like that...

You add reward codes the same way as the game registration code itself.

NeoForte

HappyBivouac said:

PUP is definitely better than it's ever been, but there's still lots of LOLPUP stigma around and don't expect to be taken to events as one....unless you have really nice friends :/

Kandinsky

Man one of the members of our trio thats doing Empys got locked out of the game (fu crysta) and he isnt coming back, getting the last 20 sobek skin is going to be a pain in the ass :/

Toth

NeoForte said:
PUP is definitely better than it's ever been, but there's still lots of LOLPUP stigma around and don't expect to be taken to events as one....unless you have really nice friends :/

Somehow I get to come PUP to most of my ls events and I have an empy too. PUP is a lot more fun now but it just needs a few automaton AI tweaks and some select DD gear upgrades.

MistaPita

Kandinsky said:
Man one of the members of our trio thats doing Empys got locked out of the game (fu crysta) and he isnt coming back, getting the last 20 sobek skin is going to be a pain in the ass :/
What jobs did you lose? I can help out with Sobek if mnk or war is useful to you.

Kandinsky

MistaPita said:
What jobs did you lose? I can help out with Sobek if mnk or war is useful to you.
He was our THF/BLM/WAR :/

Also, pretty happy with my second pole attempt..
x3z3mq.jpg

My SCH and melee SMN are happy :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Kandinsky said:

Tell me which subs to lvl for BLM and I can start work on a BLM. =P

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Best BLM sub is generally RDM, but WHM is good for soloing, and Cholar can be good in some situations as well.

If you get deep into abyssea, a BRD sub can be useful to add to the pool of spells to trigger weaknesses on mobs.

Lonestar said:
Gotta stop looking in here, getting that misty-eyed nostalgia thing going on....
Lol, I stopped playing in 2005 and I still read the ffxi thread on gaf, bluegartr forums and still on the ffxi RSS feed. Always tempting to play, but I don't want to start fresh after all of the effort of my first character.

Kandinsky

Yay finally, Kannagi 85..
2uh5p9v.jpg

Elver and Nabu(if he ever comes back, fuse) next!

Special thanks to Darshiro (Kintaro), Tef (Skidaruzutall), Ploid, Fellix, Spider, Jorg, Jae and Hoga for KIholding/killing my last 10 or so Sobek skins.

Ps: can report me if you want :p

Kandinsky said:
Yay finally, Kannagi 85..
2uh5p9v.jpg

Elver and Nabu(if he ever comes back, fuse) next!

Special thanks to Darshiro (Kintaro), Tef (Skidaruzutall), Ploid, Fellix, Spider, Jorg, Jae and Hoga for KIholding/killing my last 10 or so Sobek skins.

Ps: can report me if you want :p

Congrats man! Aftermath: TARU BACKFLIP

elohel

Duracelllll said:
Lol, I stopped playing in 2005 and I still read the ffxi thread on gaf, bluegartr forums and still on the ffxi RSS feed. Always tempting to play, but I don't want to start fresh after all of the effort of my first character.

please start fresh i have no one else here lol

Ploid 3.0

It's a bit small but the names above Viewpoint's are "Secure" and "Cullen". They are actually Maxus and Kris from old fairy.

Vie110715230640a.jpg

They use PLD!

coming back to this game after a 3 year hiatus.

On Carbuncle, name is Razziel.

Been scouring the web for up to date info on jobs but I guess it's too soon for any definitive info?

Help me out... I'm torn between War and Mnk...

Can anyone toss me some pro's and con's for both? Or know a good source for up to date info on jobs?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
casuallyhardcore said:
coming back to this game after a 3 year hiatus.

On Carbuncle, name is Razziel.

Been scouring the web for up to date info on jobs but I guess it's too soon for any definitive info?

Help me out... I'm torn between War and Mnk...

Can anyone toss me some pro's and con's for both? Or know a good source for up to date info on jobs?

If you're just starting, re-roll and join the GAF server. They seem like a friendly bunch

Ploid 3.0

I would like to live in abyssea. These stones won't let me breave. Found a good spot to solo dnc body but it'll eat stones like crazy.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
So I was thinking of starting fresh in FFXI. However, it sounds like the payment methods have changed, and I'd have to buy play time through paypal or some such instead of just having my CC billed. Is that right? If so, that really sucks, and I'd be more inclined to wait and see if SE just goes back to letting me use a CC directly. Do I have an accurate take on what's going on?

ZetaEpyon

You can still get your credit card billed if you don't mind going through ClickAndBuy. If you're against that, then yes, you have to use Crysta, which you can buy with PayPal.

hgplayer1

Ploid 3.0 said:
I would like to live in abyssea. These stones won't let me breave. Found a good spot to solo dnc body but it'll eat stones like crazy.

What are we talking about here? A item pop NM? If another person would help speed the process up for you just let me know Id be glad to help.

Ploid 3.0

Oh just quests, kill normal monster, take it's scale to a npc for a chance at af seal type of thing. Also that same mob can be used as a Dominion ops paper (kill 5) for another af seal part for the same job. Easy to do, I got some of the seals I needed, but it takes a lot of time since I can't get TE's.

On the plus side, I got another abyssite that take the time down to 8hours until new stone.

Here is the messy fight I saw while messing around in Abyssea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGI8kF48B_0

Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh just quests, kill normal monster, take it's scale to a npc for a chance at af seal type of thing. Also that same mob can be used as a Dominion ops paper (kill 5) for another af seal part for the same job. Easy to do, I got some of the seals I needed, but it takes a lot of time since I can't get TE's.

On the plus side, I got another abyssite that take the time down to 8hours until new stone.

Here is the messy fight I saw while messing around in Abyssea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGI8kF48B_0

Hahahaha you can straight tank that. They must have gone south trying to kite it for seals or red procs.

Is that thf wearing formalwear legs for some reason?

zlatko

Banned
Has SE discussed if for the near future they may consider going free to play, or can they not afford it since I'm guessing the funds from XI probably go into XIV? xD

I'd be willing to reroll fresh if it wasn't for a monthly fee. Broke college student, etc. I'd probably main Bard, but a friend who still plays was saying there was a major shake up a long while back on which jobs are "most favored/wanted." He said SAM is shitty now which was my old main before I finally put the game to rest.

How is Bard now in terms of importance/party invites?

elohel said:
please start fresh i have no one else here lol
{Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass}
Sadly I don't have anywhere near the amount of time needed to play this game free any more... 3 jobs (1 full time plus 2 part time), 2 dogs and owning a house (big yard, lots of gardening and cleaning inside and out) does that to a person. I hardly get time to watch documentaries let alone play other games any more! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom