• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zlatko said:
Has SE discussed if for the near future they may consider going free to play, or can they not afford it since I'm guessing the funds from XI probably go into XIV? xD?
No... in fact if you live where I live the effective price to play just went up 50% and they made it much harder to actually give them your money.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, there is no way in hell they will make FFXI free to play anytime soon. It's probably one of their most profitable titles at this point.

zlatko

Banned
Duracelllll said:
No... in fact if you live where I live the effective price to play just went up 50% and they made it much harder to actually give them your money.

That sucks. Is everything done through crysta now? I know 14 used that dumb crysta system. :/

MistaPita

Yeah its been picking up steam lately thanks to people picking it up from steam. No pun intended.
I'd say its about as strong as you get these days!

Desi

some of those new job abilities need the level to be lowered. The Paladin one for example would be great for Crawler's Nest levels.

Ploid 3.0

(Nin 95) <Spontaneity> <Please>

Haha Bully...

Not sure what to think about that dnc ability. It'll most likely be avoided for the tp gain of a level 5 final move reverse flourish.

Sheppard

I played this game for close to about 6 years. Coming back to it now and seeing how easy is it to level lower lvls astounds me.

B.K.

Is the game dead? I was on earlier and went afk for a while. When I came back, I had been disconnected. Now, I keep getting a POL-1160 error when I try to log on.

Kandinsky

You've Spoken and We've Heard You

You, the community, have clearly expressed your dissatisfaction with our billing system transition—and we are listening. We now understand that the options we presented you did not meet the level of service you have come to expect from Square Enix, so we have been working hard to address these concerns.

Accordingly, we will be extending the transfer cut-off date until we are able to implement the following improvements:
- New credit card payment options for Crysta [Available Now]
- The ability to specify exactly how much Crysta you want to buy [Early Fall]
- New recurring payment credit card options [Mid Fall]

We hope these steps show our ongoing commitment to you, our fans. It is our goal to make the FINAL FANTASY XI experience as fun and rewarding as possible.

Also in the days to come we'll reveal details for new offers and incentives to help ease your transition to the new system.

We sincerely thank you for your continued support of FINAL FANTASY XI.

Yasu Kurosawa
FINAL FANTASY XI North American Online Producer
This is both, funny and awesome :D

Toth

lvl90vereth.png

Woot!!! Now to get MNK past 24 lol

Salaadin

Toth, do you post on the alla PUP forums too? Your name is so familar to me.
Grats btw. Id love to have a pair for my PUP but thats one of those things I want but probably wont ever get. Youre a very patient person :p

Toth

Salaadin said:
Toth, do you post on the alla PUP forums too? Your name is so familar to me.
Grats btw. Id love to have a pair for my PUP but thats one of those things I want but probably wont ever get. Youre a very patient person :p

I posted there a loooong time again but gave up when people started promoting PUP tanking in exp parties. Got lots of rate downs arguing that one....

Salaadin

Toth said:
I posted there a loooong time again but gave up when people started promoting PUP tanking in exp parties. Got lots of rate downs arguing that one....

LOL, i remember those arguments. That place was filled with a lot of bad ideas and misconceptions back in the day. It still is today but to a much lesser extent.

I thought I recognized the name. I knew it had to be the same person. Cant be THAT many PUPs named Toth running around :p

Shouta

Alla's PUP forums haven't been bad for a long time. Hell, I don't even remember when a thread about pup tanking was up there honestly.

Kandinsky

We are pleased to announce that we will be launching the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server on August 28th!

The FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server is a special server dedicated to testing various features that are in development for future version updates. With the test server, players may try out new content before its release and submit feedback and suggestions for improvement on the official forums.

The initial test period will focus on the new job abilities, job traits, and magic spells set to accompany the level cap increase that will be featured in the forthcoming version update.

More details on how you can join the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server will be announced in the coming days, so stay tuned!
:O!

Salaadin

I finished my attachments yesterday. Had a THF friend out to Ob with me and got Barrier Module on one kill and Vivi Valve on the second. Either Im extremely lucky or the drop rate on the newest 4 isnt that bad. Killed Ob a total of 5 times with 4 of those kills dropping one of the new ones.

I hope I never have to see Ob again. Im sick of farming zeni from Nauls and doing Pankration.

Shouta

Only two of the new attachments that you would really need is the Barrier Module and Vivi Valve and even then both are rather situational. Disruptor is nice but Dispel is kind of a waste of a spell timer even when you're soloing unless you're magically evading everything.

Salaadin

Ive only ever used Disruptor once and that was when I was farming scrolls down in Gustav and had to dispel Ice Spikes.

On Quetz, the prices are nuts. Its kinda shocking that people would pay 800k for Percolator when it becomes useless the moment you hit the skill cap. Im too poor/cheap to buy any of them.

Shouta

Even if I can heal on PUP using a /WHM and The Soulsoother (Cure IV and VI at the same time biatches!), no one is ever going to invite me to do so so Vivi Valve doesn't have much use unless you're in a big ass alliance or soloing. Barrier Module is nice for reducing Valoredge damage but come it ain't tanking any time soon either. So yeah, nice attachments but at the same time their usage is a little mysterious.

Ploid 3.0

Hope all the dancers tell SE we don't want a triple attack flourish. Striking flourish is useless, and also uses up finishing moves. I wish it was something like Fan Dance, or Saber Dance (off to itself and not using up finishing moves or tp).

Also lol
8rWEZ2a1L6W9Wps7.png

B.K. said:
Very lost. I'm glad other people were activating the lamps. I would have never found my way back to any of them.

Nyzul is an acquired taste but you get used to it. It's still my favorite event to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom