• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Square Enix is doing a survey to find out what client people use. Maybe there won't be many people playing on PS2 and they'll finally drop PS2 support.

Edit: Is there a torrent for the test server client files?

Kandinsky

B.K. said:
Square Enix is doing a survey to find out what client people use. Maybe there won't be many people playing on PS2 and they'll finally drop PS2 support.
That is so weird, one would think they have some kind of tag system that tells you what platform you are login from.

ZetaEpyon

Kandinsky said:
That is so weird, one would think they have some kind of tag system that tells you what platform you are login from.

Yeah, in one sense I am shocked, and at the same time knowing SE's history, I am not surprised whatsoever.

elohel

B.K. said:

Edit: Is there a torrent for the test server client files?

oh no, please don't drop support for ps2 version lol

mucorama

Sorry to post that Silky and Melba will most likely not be returning for September but hope to be back as soon. For August paid each $15.49 through click n buy. Just got internet fixed (kept getting disconnected in-game due to internet signal issue) and hope they fix the billing system real soon so we can return! Thanks for all the help guys and sorry to be taking a break from ffxi.

Ploid 3.0

I haven't logged on in a while also. Haven't tried to stay away, just can't gather the strength to log on or something. Maybe the level 95 stuff will make things interesting, and better solo af stuff. One thing is for sure, I should have a lot of stones by now. Woo

I should log on now to see if SE blocked people that don't use crysta yet.

hgplayer1

mucorama said:
Sorry to post that Silky and Melba will most likely not be returning for September but hope to be back as soon. For August paid each $15.49 through click n buy. Just got internet fixed (kept getting disconnected in-game due to internet signal issue) and hope they fix the billing system real soon so we can return! Thanks for all the help guys and sorry to be taking a break from ffxi.

looking forward to seeing you back soon. The linkshell has been pretty dead lately and I find it hard to log in since theres not much to do except watch the shouts in Jueno and try to get in an exp party.

Shouta

I haven't been on much either, I've got work now, which is tiring as hell, and I've had a lot of single-player games to play. I'll play again eventually but gotta get through my SP games while I have the urge to!

Kandinsky

Yeah same boat, i only log for like 10 mins then log off, i think the game is dying again and 95 stuff wont be enough to keep people playing. Only things that keeps me going are Elver's and Nabu's empyreans tbh.

Aw crap thought it was just me logging on at bad times and then log off after 15 minutes lol. That or because I went out on pup...I dunno why I do that.

B.K.

Kandinsky said:
Yeah same boat, i only log for like 10 mins then log off, i think the game is dying again and 95 stuff wont be enough to keep people playing.

Time for a server merge!

Skidaruzutall

Neo Member
I wanted to say goodbye to everyone in the ls, but there hasn't been many people on in the last week.

Grye and I are moving back to Ifrit (Odin now). A bunch of our irl friends are playing again, and we want to be able to play together. I'm going to miss everyone and wish you guys every success in the FFXI world! Everyone was such a great help to me when I reactivated and had to learn to play again and figure out what all changed. Special thanks to Dani! Without your help, I doubt I would've been able to successfully kill every zone boss and make my way to Shinryu.

Thanks again!

Ploid 3.0

Are you Tef? If so D: Mega awesome whm -1. Thought about moving to Carbuncle to join the group there. If everyone quit I'll probably check it out.

Shouta

Well, I'm not quitting myself, it's just I'm out of phase at the moment. It's hard for me to play in JP time as well.

B.K.

I didn't do much today. I didn't get on until a bit later than normal. I did get enough seals to get +1 version of my AF3 feet.

Kandinsky

Skidaruzutall said:
I wanted to say goodbye to everyone in the ls, but there hasn't been many people on in the last week.

Grye and I are moving back to Ifrit (Odin now). A bunch of our irl friends are playing again, and we want to be able to play together. I'm going to miss everyone and wish you guys every success in the FFXI world! Everyone was such a great help to me when I reactivated and had to learn to play again and figure out what all changed. Special thanks to Dani! Without your help, I doubt I would've been able to successfully kill every zone boss and make my way to Shinryu.

Thanks again!
Wait what? DDDDDDDDD:

Skidaruzutall

Neo Member
My friend had been asking me for over a month for my dad and I to transfer, and I finally decided to, but I've had nothing but problems. I paid for the transfer using crysta, and it shows that I've been transferred on my SE account management page. However, when I go to my character selection screen, I'm still showing on Sylph and I log in on Sylph. I contacted a GM who couldn't help me, and now I'm sitting with the phone during my lunch hour trying to get this resolved. I've already been holding for 26 mins and can't for much longer. Also, Grye isn't transferring for the moment. He thought his character had been alive for 90 days, but it's only been 45. Treat him well! Really going to miss you guys and if anyone is ever looking for a new home come see me on Odin!

B.K.

I was thinking about starting the Great Axe weaponskill quest. Is there a skill chain that I can do by myself to make it go by a bit quicker? I read the Wiki's skill chain page, but I have no idea what it means. It's gibberish to me.

Shouta

The skilchain chart is what you want. It's pretty easy to read. Find your weaponskill, then check the adjacent boxes for the skillchain.

elohel

Skidaruzutall said:
My friend had been asking me for over a month for my dad and I to transfer, and I finally decided to, but I've had nothing but problems. I paid for the transfer using crysta, and it shows that I've been transferred on my SE account management page. However, when I go to my character selection screen, I'm still showing on Sylph and I log in on Sylph. I contacted a GM who couldn't help me, and now I'm sitting with the phone during my lunch hour trying to get this resolved. I've already been holding for 26 mins and can't for much longer. Also, Grye isn't transferring for the moment. He thought his character had been alive for 90 days, but it's only been 45. Treat him well! Really going to miss you guys and if anyone is ever looking for a new home come see me on Odin!

lol yer dad plays?

thats pretty rad

creid

Just started playing this a few days ago, kind of overwhelmed. Ran into a gaffer from the SoD last night in San d'Oria.

FreeMufasa

Thought I'd give this game a go since I know my PC can run it.

I was just looking on amazon and there's quite a few versions. Which is the latest and best one?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
B.K. said:
Time to start stocking up on Merits and seals/crests.

Apparently from the test server, it will be 1 kindred crest (or seal), 10 merits, and 1 Dahml saliva. Last one makes me wonder if perhaps everyone might get a random item from the old sub-job quests.

B.K.

I see. I hope that they implement the auto renewing GoVs and FoVs that they have on the test server in this update.

Coldsnap

man... I've been playing FF XIV since launch and hoping it would scratch my XI itch. I've done everything in XIV, neogaf is one of the best teams on our server. Yet, when I come to this thread and look at sshots it just makes me nostalgic as fuck and makes me wish I still have my character.

Shouta

It's callllllllllling you! I have too many SP games and work for me recently though, haven't been on much at all.

FreeMufasa

Got a little problem.

I played FFXIV for a bit last week and really enjoyed it. Since I have no access to it, I thought i'd play FFXI as my PC can run it. Crazy I know, jumping in this late but meh, i'll see how it is for the first free 30 days.

The regestration process is such a hassle. Almost Metal Gear online level. I'm now getting a 'This PlayOnline ID cannot be transferred' error. Looking through this thread seems like other people have also had this problem, but they are returning. I just set up my PO account although i've had my S-E account since last week. Is there any fix to this?

Also what is the gaf server?

Ploid 3.0

Wow I just found out TH don't effect drops in dynamis. This is so funny, I stinking knew this and no one believed me. Redeemed, but I still poked stuff. SE just showing people that they owned us. Apparently the update will allow th to effect drops.

Husker86

Ploid 3.0 said:
Wow I just found out TH don't effect drops in dynamis. This is so funny, I stinking knew this and no one believed me. Redeemed, but I still poked stuff. SE just showing people that they owned us. Apparently the update will allow th to effect drops.
Haha. I remember so much stress being put on having a THF in killing parties in my Dynamis runs.

So i'm finally able to play this game again! YAY! I have one question though: I ended up making an Elvaan male and it seems like his voice is higher pitched than it was last time I tried to play... does body size affect voice in FFXI? I chose small body size. In the case that it does I will want to remake my character as medium size and that brings up one more question, if I delete my character to remake him, will I still be able to use the same name? Thanks!

hgplayer1

-WindYoshi- said:
So i'm finally able to play this game again! YAY! I have one question though: I ended up making an Elvaan male and it seems like his voice is higher pitched than it was last time I tried to play... does body size affect voice in FFXI? I chose small body size. In the case that it does I will want to remake my character as medium size and that brings up one more question, if I delete my character to remake him, will I still be able to use the same name? Thanks!

Voice? wtf? are you sure you arent talking about XIV?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
-WindYoshi- said:
Yup. I mean voice as in grunts and stuff during battle... FFXI.

Only character change I remember them ever making to any race was changing the Mithra sit animation way way back.

What I mean is, would different size choices for any particular race effect the tone of the character?

Such as-

Small- highest
Medium- medium of course
Large- deepest

I noticed that the sounds during battle felt off, but maybe it was my imagination. I'm pretty sure I chose the largest Elvaan height last time.

Ploid 3.0

People are sometimes shocked at the death sound my character makes. I was used to it but it surprises some and they mention it sometimes.

FreeMufasa said:
Got a little problem.

I played FFXIV for a bit last week and really enjoyed it. Since I have no access to it, I thought i'd play FFXI as my PC can run it. Crazy I know, jumping in this late but meh, i'll see how it is for the first free 30 days.

The regestration process is such a hassle. Almost Metal Gear online level. I'm now getting a 'This PlayOnline ID cannot be transferred' error. Looking through this thread seems like other people have also had this problem, but they are returning. I just set up my PO account although i've had my S-E account since last week. Is there any fix to this?

Also what is the gaf server?

We're mostly on Sylph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom