• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

I like checking in on XI every now and then, and read the update notes.

Then I saw these...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

...WTF?

Have the armor designers all gone to XIV, or have they just taken leave of their senses? They're like terrible Chinese MMO armor designs or something.

Shouta

They needed flavor so they added flavor. It's better than just redesigning the same thing over and over really.

MistaPita

Got MNK and WAR to 95 with capped exp and 20 merits in one PT and now I'm going to live in WoE until i get some coins of Glory and Advancement

Gasgul

cap95 =(

so hard to resist, its so so hard, really hard, also thinking about coming back to game,

i just know all the want will be sucked dry just trying to navigate the resub process,

just re read, alot of phallic references, im ok with that,

FreeMufasa

Well I've decided to stop playing (after 7 days). I just don't think I have the time needed. At most I can play it for around 6 hours a week and looking at the size of the world and things to do, I don't think it's enough time (especially if i'm paying a subscription). The game is definately great, just a little overwhelming and demanding.

I think I prefer FFXIV. XI looks to be the better game but I guess a lack of content is a strong point for me now. That way I can progress as S-E continues to add stuff.

I clicked on cancel service on the S-E site. Is there anything more I have to do to cancel?

Gasgul

after clicking cancel you need to stand on one leg and hop while rubbing your tummy with your left hand (clockwise(very important step)) and pat your head with the right to the tune of Player's "Baby come back", switch hand positions but not the motions batr the beat for 1 rendition of Chicago's "If You Leave Me Now"

also make sure you clear your pay method and details with click to buy

MistaPita

Spent 5 hours doing 6 runs of WoE and got 1 coin of Glory and 1 coin of decay (did not want the decay one, would eat babies for Glory) Cleared flux 8, 9 and 10 atleast. It was fun but not very productive...
Got a brew temp in #10 and went to town on some big mandys of Chloris model until they doomed me D:

Ploid 3.0

Finally got dnc af3 body +1. Spent like 500k on the Pursers wings. Never doing a.. never would have done another abyssea quest to get af seals again if I wasn't canceling account on Saturday.

I won the game again. DNC's new ability is very useless. You should probably be embarrassed if you used it by mistake kind of useless. Mainly because you wasted finishing moves that could have been converted into a lot of tp or a much needed stun.

91edd4009c4adeb5c0ce9d32973f2c49c012d1dd.jpg

MistaPita

Did another run just now of flux #2, only some rubbish crafting material in chest at the end (we were 5 in there so im pretty sure i was in top 5, eventhough there doesnt seem to be any rankings anymore)
Mobs only dropped temp items

Shouta

I've heard some mixed things about the new WoE but I haven't tried it yet. I got my Limit Break done but Haven't leveled yet.

MistaPita

nocoin.jpg

I owned that round, going 100fists on one of the bosses with lots of temp item buffs and still got junk. I'm not very pleased with my results.

MistaPita

The time limit is 45 minutes, takes around 20-30 minutes with a decent group on the low tiers. (we did #2 as nin, dnc, blu, brd and mnk in 20 minutes). The higher tier ones are harder and needs a larger group, preferably with lots of pet jobs.
#11 just opened up a few minutes ago btw!

Ploid 3.0

11k exp, exp is such a worthless commodity now haha. Can't help but to be capped on exp no matter how much you die, and R3 is still 1mil+ like.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, back pre-Abyssea, 11k in 20-30 minutes would be a pretty respectable amount. Now, you can easily get that much in 5 minutes or less. XD

Gasgul

resubbed on the weekend,

pulled out bst and soloed the last 5k to 75 on him in thickets, an old friend basically held my hand and told me i was doing it wrong,

got me a worm party in Lath and i dinged 88 and left the group before passing out,

friend helped me get some gear and an sbyssite or two, we killed a few abyssite bosses for stats and got me another xp party, we figured out why i couldnt port and then sorted out abys maw locations, and started a domy run in altep,

got to 91 and now i need to create a spread sheet to figure out my path, and weap's and other stuff,

having left at the tail of hard core nms and the old ways of 23hr pop rules I honestly like what they have made 11 into,

pick a path, and its up to you to follow it, all the community animosity that was is now gone,

it really is amazing,

now i gotta sort out my accuracy issues, feeling like a dead weight constantly,

Raoh

Help

friend convinced me recently to go back to ffxi, bought a new download with all the updates from steam but I can't seem to activate the expansion packs,

my old account had everything activated up to wings.

I bought the ultimate collection with heroes of abyssea

I can log on to ffxi with my old characters, my square enix accounts are linked etc.. but I don't see my expansion packs actually activated even though my character is currently somewhere in in white gate.

Any thoughts? I hate calling SE support, and steam ffxi forums seem pretty barren.

Raoh said:
Help

friend convinced me recently to go back to ffxi, bought a new download with all the updates from steam but I can't seem to activate the expansion packs,

my old account had everything activated up to wings.

I bought the ultimate collection with heroes of abyssea

I can log on to ffxi with my old characters, my square enix accounts are linked etc.. but I don't see my expansion packs actually activated even though my character is currently somewhere in in white gate.

Any thoughts? I hate calling SE support, and steam ffxi forums seem pretty barren.

I believe you have to add the new cd key to your account via the SE account system now, not via POL if that's what you're trying to do.

Raoh

pancakesandsex said:
I believe you have to add the new cd key to your account via the SE account system now, not via POL if that's what you're trying to do.

I read that somewhere else but when i go to the SE site they dont do an easy job of letting you find where to do that..

I hate SE

When I get home from work I'll find the spot, my little security key isn't on me so I can't check now. I don't recall it being too obtuse though...

Hit "select service" on the left menu and you should find the options you need there.

B.K.

I unlocked the Tu'Lia region last night. Now, I need to try to find the coffer so I can get a map of the area and find where the Elementals are.

Does anyone need Divine Might? I'd like to do that BCNM to finish Zilart 14, if people need/want to do it.

Shouta

I can help with Divine Might if I'm on at the time. Of course, being in JP time makes that a little hard.

Tried the new Walk of Echoes and I like it, easy and a bit fun. I got 5 coins in 3 runs to boot, though two of them were ruin lol. I love that I finally got a Vellanus' Mantle. Best back for PUP currently though the PUP cape is better if you're using your automaton.

Raoh

pancakesandsex said:
When I get home from work I'll find the spot, my little security key isn't on me so I can't check now. I don't recall it being too obtuse though...

Hit "select service" on the left menu and you should find the options you need there.

Thanks for the help, I'll try that tonight.

B.K.

I don't need Divine Might anymore. I was idling in Jeuno to watch the shouts and someone shouted for it last night. I went in a group of 10 and we barely won it. Most of the people were dead at the end of the fight. That was pretty lucky. Got a party for it just a day after I needed it.

Ploid 3.0

Kyudo said:
So after coming back to the game i was unaware that gaf played on sylph is that list in the op up to date?

Haven't looked at the list but don't expect a crowded ls lol.

Lot of people took a break, and yes, Sylph is the Gaf server.

Shouta

LS isn't too crowded at the moment. I'm on from time to tim doing random things but been busy with work, playing Single-player games, started playing the new F2P City of Heroes a bit too. I'm also on JP time as well.

Raoh

pancakesandsex said:

Thank you much, that was exactly it. Not sure how I missed that, i passed that screen at least a dozen times and never noticed that option.

I've installed ffxi on ps2, ps3 (bc), xbox 360 and numerous pc's..

I have a real love/hate relationship with this game.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, I honestly think the new account management system is much better than it used to be through PlayOnline. The only problem is that they haven't really documented it... at all.

As for the linkshell, there are still usually a handful of people on; sometimes more on the weekends and such. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing more people around, myself, though.

B.K.

I can't believe how rare heat weather is. Looking at the weather site, there's only going to be one or two days all next month when an area has heat weather. So much for farming Fire Elementals any time soon.

B.K. said:
I can't believe how rare heat weather is. Looking at the weather site, there's only going to be one or two days all next month when an area has heat weather. So much for farming Fire Elementals any time soon.

Have you tried the Volcano? I'm not sure if they spawn in Halvung or mount Z

B.K.

pancakesandsex said:
Have you tried the Volcano? I'm not sure if they spawn in Halvung or mount Z

The wiki says they're in Mount Zhayolm, but don't you still have to wait for fire weather?

B.K. said:
The wiki says they're in Mount Zhayolm, but don't you still have to wait for fire weather?

You do, but it's a VOLCANO, so you do the math on how often you think that will occur :p

You could always go up to sky too.

B.K.

pancakesandsex said:
You do, but it's a VOLCANO, so you do the math on how often you think that will occur :p

If the weather site is accurate, not very often.

I tried to kill a few Elementals in the sky, but they killed me. :/

B.K. said:
If the weather site is accurate, not very often.

I tried to kill a few Elementals in the sky, but they killed me. :/

What job? Sub something that will let you silence them, or use stunning weapon skills, easy peasy.

Doesn't one of the scythe WS cause silence?

B.K. said:
WAR95/DNC47.

You can keep up stutter steps and use violent flourish to stun -ga spells, you can probably eat a single target or 2 and cure it off. If you use something other than gaxe you'll also have access to stun WS in case flourish is down.

Alternatively sub rdm for phalanx, silence, and enspells. Just watch where you cast since everything up there is magic aggro.

You know what, I'm not gonna be doing anything tonight, you want some help? Free rdm.

B.K.

I don't know if I ever will get on tonight. I've been so tired the last couple nights that I don't do much more than just check my AH sales and put more stuff on it.

B.K.

I just ordered one of the XIV controllers from Amazon. I'm tired of Motioninjoy's BS. I was going to log on to the game, but I can't because Motioninjoy's site is down and I can't use my Dualshock 3.

Raoh

B.K. said:
I just ordered one of the XIV controllers from Amazon. I'm tired of Motioninjoy's BS. I was going to log on to the game, but I can't because Motioninjoy's site is down and I can't use my Dualshock 3.

What about the 360 controller will that work?

I got it to work once with the bumpers fo ctrl/alt but i can't find my notes on how to set it up.

You guys have no idea how many times i've purchased Final Fantasy 11. With this in mind, everytime I join FF11 the server populations are stupid. And this is when you weren't able to change servers freely unless you paid them money.

I left because the cities and fields felt like the ghost towns, and I was there for the launch of FF11 so I know how much the population declined.

With this in mind, is it worth getting back into ff11? Are the latest expansions available on ps3/360?

Nora Kisaragi said:
You guys have no idea how many times i've purchased Final Fantasy 11. With this in mind, everytime I join FF11 the server populations are stupid. And this is when you weren't able to change servers freely unless you paid them money.

I left because the cities and fields felt like the ghost towns, and I was there for the launch of FF11 so I know how much the population declined.

With this in mind, is it worth getting back into ff11? Are the latest expansions available on ps3/360?

You're best off playing on PC with a gamepad. It's just going to work better and give you more options should you get into more advanced content later.

It's not a ghost town or anything, but the population is jueno-centric in the same way it used to be whitegate-centric. You'll see folks where the content is. (It's also really convenient to warp anywhere from jueno nowadays)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom