• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gonna throw this out there. If any Sylphers are interested in dabbling in some endgamey events, DragonGuard does Limbus and Dynamis, and currently dabbles in Abyssea on off days. If you're looking into trying any of these things, hit me up, and I'll see if I can get you a pearl.

Limbus is at 7:00 EST on Sunday and 7:30 EST on Wednesday
Dynamis is at 3:00 EST on Satuday

If you can attend those times regularly and on time, I'd be happy to put in a good word for you.

Shouta said:
Uh, PUP gear is pretty straightforward. What do you need?

Any good rare/ex pieces to chase for Stringing Pummel. Recommended pet gear for tanking with the auto. Recommended pet gear for nuking with the auto.

I see you sub sch a lot, I don't have that yet but how do you usually deal with it gear wise?

I've got full +2, all AF and Relic to work with. I'm in need of the Cirque necklace which I'll get this week, and I wanna get my hands on those sweet refresh knuckles.

Shouta

pancakesandsex said:
Any good rare/ex pieces to chase for Stringing Pummel. Recommended pet gear for tanking with the auto. Recommended pet gear for nuking with the auto.

I see you sub sch a lot, I don't have that yet but how do you usually deal with it gear wise?

I've got full +2, all AF and Relic to work with. I'm in need of the Cirque necklace which I'll get this week, and I wanna get my hands on those sweet refresh knuckles.

Hrm, there aren't many things you need to speifically get for Pummel. Prioritize Attack unless you're getting buffed otherwise a mix of STR And VIT is needed because of the mods on it.

A stat WS build for Pummel would look something like:

Head: Anwig Salade with proper augs
Neck: Elemental gorget or that new STR/VIT torque
Earrings: Brutal and Aesir or Kemas
Body: A Kokugetsu with strong crit augs or a Juogi. the Farsetto +2 works if you don't want spend with the ohers
Hands: AF3+2
Rings: Eponas/Spiral or Rajas/Spiral
Back: Vellanus or Cavaros
Belt: Sentry
Legs: Usukane or Kokugetsu with VIT mods.
Feet: Cirque

This is just an example though, you may find pieces that are better or suit your style as well.

Tanking with the auto isn't terrible viable but if you have to for some reason hold it with your Valoredge for a bit, then Pet -PDT is a good idea.

For nuking, you'll want as much Pet MAB as you can nab and some INT on your gear so you have higher INT than your automaton, to reduce some burden. MAB claws, Mirke, Pantin Boots, Cirque Legs, and if you can a few pieces from the mini x-pacs with Pet MAB on them as well.

I use /WHM a little more than /SCH as of late but you basically gear it like a mage if you're hanging back. If you're meleeing, then you swap in some pieces as you need to cast then swap back to your melee.

If you're doing /WHM as support, then Cure Potency and MP are your big priorities, with a bit of Fast Cast or Haste if you can. If you're doing /SCH then gear dependnig on what you're doing. If you're soloing with your auto-nuking, INT/Dark skill for sleeps is a good idea alongside some MP.

Shouta said:
Hrm, there aren't many things you need to speifically get for Pummel. Prioritize Attack unless you're getting buffed otherwise a mix of STR And VIT is needed because of the mods on it.

A stat WS build for Pummel would look something like:

Head: Anwig Salade with proper augs
Neck: Elemental gorget or that new STR/VIT torque
Earrings: Brutal and Aesir or Kemas
Body: A Kokugetsu with strong crit augs or a Juogi. the Farsetto +2 works if you don't want spend with the ohers
Hands: AF3+2
Rings: Eponas/Spiral or Rajas/Spiral
Back: Vellanus or Cavaros
Belt: Sentry
Legs: Usukane or Kokugetsu with VIT mods.
Feet: Cirque

This is just an example though, you may find pieces that are better or suit your style as well.

Tanking with the auto isn't terrible viable but if you have to for some reason hold it with your Valoredge for a bit, then Pet -PDT is a good idea.

For nuking, you'll want as much Pet MAB as you can nab and some INT on your gear so you have higher INT than your automaton, to reduce some burden. MAB claws, Mirke, Pantin Boots, Cirque Legs, and if you can a few pieces from the mini x-pacs with Pet MAB on them as well.

I use /WHM a little more than /SCH as of late but you basically gear it like a mage if you're hanging back. If you're meleeing, then you swap in some pieces as you need to cast then swap back to your melee.

If you're doing /WHM as support, then Cure Potency and MP are your big priorities, with a bit of Fast Cast or Haste if you can. If you're doing /SCH then gear dependnig on what you're doing. If you're soloing with your auto-nuking, INT/Dark skill for sleeps is a good idea alongside some MP.

This is my current WS set.

/equip head "koku. hatsuburi" (vit +2 crit rate +1)
/equip neck "ire torque +1"
/equip ear1 "kemas earring"
/equip ear2 "vulcan's earring"
/equip body "alcd. harness +1"
/equip hands "cirqu guanti +2"
/equip ring1 "rajas ring"
/equip ring2 "spiral ring"
/equip back "potentia cape"
/equip waist "crudelis belt"
/equip legs "kokugetsu haidate" (vit+2, pet: acc+1 racc+1)
/equip feet "cirque scarpe +2"

Shouta

pancakesandsex said:

Looks ok but would do some of the swaps like I mentioned

Vulcan's to Brutal
Rajas or the Spiral to Epona's
Potentia to Cavaros or Vellaneus' (Vella is stupid cheap now)
Alcide's to a Juogi, Synergy armor with a good crit hit rate, or a Kokugetsu with a good crit, Toci's Harness is a good choice if you can ever get it.
Ire Torque +1 to Tjurkurrpa's for the VIT bonus

H2H gear might be a consideration, particularly the Faith Torque and Bruiser's Earring if it brings you up a damage tier.

Shouta said:
Looks ok but would do some of the swaps like I mentioned

Vulcan's to Brutal
Rajas or the Spiral to Epona's
Potentia to Cavaros or Vellaneus' (Vella is stupid cheap now)
Alcide's to a Juogi, Synergy armor with a good crit hit rate, or a Kokugetsu with a good crit, Toci's Harness is a good choice if you can ever get it.
Ire Torque +1 to Tjurkurrpa's for the VIT bonus

H2H gear might be a consideration, particularly the Faith Torque and Bruiser's Earring if it brings you up a damage tier.

You stacking double attack gear inside aby or outside? I tried a triple build on thf WS for outside and it didn't work so hot. And that was with like 20% triple (without atma) and +triple attack damage. Also I can't have 2 spiral rings :p

I'm also iffy on using the potentia (for 6 str) over the pantin (15 attack)

Shouta

It's not really about stacking DA but that those pieces provide a bigger individual bonus compared to any other equipment for the slot. 5-6 STR vs DA and TA +3% when comparing for the Epona's for example. the DA/TA is going to provide a better boost on an individual basis compared to that. The same goes with the Brutal earring, it provides a bigger boost than any other earring for the most part.

Typically, you don't want to stack DA and TA, just mix it in with the gear you have already to get a few hits. Remember that any individual WS has a max number of hits and Pummel has 6 so only room for 2. So tossing in a bit with your stat gear to get those two is a good and increasing it anymore is simply going to be unneeded.

I said the Spiral or Rajas -> Epona's.

I'm almost certain that Potentia loses to Pantin/Vella. PUP doesn't get attack bonuses and has a bit lower skill than MNK so we're in a situation similar to PLD. So the attack will bring up our average WS unless we're getting big buffs. If you're getting minuet and the like then switch to a Cavaros or the Potentia.

B.K.

DrForester said:
Anything /DNC can probably beat shadowlord in 5-2.

Except me! I just died in my first attempt. It was almost dead. If I could have survived until physical immunity ended, I would have beaten the first form.

B.K. said:
Except me! I just died in my first attempt. It was almost dead. If I could have survived until physical immunity ended, I would have beaten the first form.

Did you run out of TP during physical immunity?

Raoh

pancakesandsex said:

question, can i use equipmant with ffxi running on steam?

I think I asked before but didn't get a response.

I ask because playing as a beastmaster I carry 2 sets of gear, charm gear and attack gear, If I'm feeling bold i may even carry a third set in case I get into a party. So quick swapping is a must and equipmant adds extra lines to your swap command.

ZetaEpyon

I don't see why it wouldn't work. The Steam version of FFXI is exactly the same as any other, aside from the install location.

Personally, I just use Spellcast for everything.

Raoh said:
question, can i use equipmant with ffxi running on steam?

I think I asked before but didn't get a response.

I ask because playing as a beastmaster I carry 2 sets of gear, charm gear and attack gear, If I'm feeling bold i may even carry a third set in case I get into a party. So quick swapping is a must and equipmant adds extra lines to your swap command.

Couple things.
Windower works with Steam FFXI, it's how I play. Windower supports the use of macro scripts natively. There is absolutely no reason you would need that program over a basic text editor.

your in game macro line would look like this:

/console exec filename.txt

and the text file would be full of stuff like this:

//input /equip head "pantin taj";
input /equip head "koku. hatsuburi";
input /equip neck "ire torque +1";
input /equip ear2 "kemas earring";
input /equip ear1 "vulcan's earring";
//input /equip body "cirque farsetto +2";
input /equip body "alcd. harness +1";
input /equip hands "cirqu guanti +2";
input /equip ring1 "rajas ring";
input /equip ring2 "spiral ring";
input /equip back "pantin cape";
//input /equip back "potentia cape";
input /equip waist "crudelis belt";
//input /equip legs "cirq. pantaloni +2";
input /equip legs "kokugetsu haidate";
input /equip feet "cirque scarpe +2";

the // lines are commented out so they will not execute, I am still messing with this set.

You can get more complicated than that, add keybinds, and all sorts of stuff, but you don't need anything more than notepad to do this is what I'm getting at, and I don't know how reputable that equipmant program is. The ONLY thing that program is doing (unless it's malware) is spitting out a text file you could easily write yourself.

Leaping

Neo Member
B.K. said:

I sent you a tell, when I read this back when you posted it, asking if you wanted some help, but I guess it was eaten by port jeuno spam.

The offer stands of course.

B.K.

Leaping said:
I sent you a tell, when I read this back when you posted it, asking if you wanted some help, but I guess it was eaten by port jeuno spam.

I was busy with other stuff, so I mostly idled in Jeuno Sunday.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
23 days.

It took 23 days to get my account back after giving SE the receipt number.

I'd look into getting a refund for October as I only get to play for 1 week of it, but with their awful service, i can't imagine it's worth the trouble.

Whogie said:
The October "Version Update" came out today. Not close to the roadmap at all. I was really looking forward to the Campaign adjustment and especially the Daily Quests.

The roadmap is for the test server, none of that has been implemented on the test server yet. This update contained the stuff they held over from the last update for more development time.

Raoh

pancakesandsex said:
Couple things.
Windower works with Steam FFXI, it's how I play. Windower supports the use of macro scripts natively. There is absolutely no reason you would need that program over a basic text editor.

your in game macro line would look like this:

/console exec filename.txt

and the text file would be full of stuff like this:

//input /equip head "pantin taj";
input /equip head "koku. hatsuburi";
input /equip neck "ire torque +1";
input /equip ear2 "kemas earring";
input /equip ear1 "vulcan's earring";
//input /equip body "cirque farsetto +2";
input /equip body "alcd. harness +1";
input /equip hands "cirqu guanti +2";
input /equip ring1 "rajas ring";
input /equip ring2 "spiral ring";
input /equip back "pantin cape";
//input /equip back "potentia cape";
input /equip waist "crudelis belt";
//input /equip legs "cirq. pantaloni +2";
input /equip legs "kokugetsu haidate";
input /equip feet "cirque scarpe +2";

the // lines are commented out so they will not execute, I am still messing with this set.

You can get more complicated than that, add keybinds, and all sorts of stuff, but you don't need anything more than notepad to do this is what I'm getting at, and I don't know how reputable that equipmant program is. The ONLY thing that program is doing (unless it's malware) is spitting out a text file you could easily write yourself.

Good info, thanks, any links/sites that go more in depth to using a text editor for changing commands?

Ah, gotcha. If the US ever gets a localization, I'm pretty sure that will be my next MMO. I don't really foresee FFXI going the free-to-play route.

B.K.

Chuck said:
Ah, gotcha. If the US ever gets a localization, I'm pretty sure that will be my next MMO. I don't really foresee FFXI going the free-to-play route.

Then why would you play Dragon Quest X? It's going to have subscription fees too.

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
Hey Gaf,

Looking to invite anyone to play FINAL FANTASY XI?

Point them to our newly launched 14-Day Free Trial: http://www.finalfantasyxi.com/freetrial/

Then of course if you haven't bought FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition, you can get it half price ($9.99) on our Square Enix Online Store and get 111 Members Points... http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.241238700

THEN you can perhaps comment on your eagerness for a FFXI NA Concert just like the one Japan held today on 11/11/11...
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/16883-XI-XI-XI-Celebrations-Vanacon-and-You!

Course...only if you want to. Happy XI/XI/XI!

DrForester said:
23 days.

It took 23 days to get my account back after giving SE the receipt number.

I'd look into getting a refund for October as I only get to play for 1 week of it, but with their awful service, i can't imagine it's worth the trouble.
pancakesandsex said:
Consider it a 12$ donation to the relief effort and move on dude.
I couldn't help my self.

wwm0nkey

Popcicle said:
Hey Gaf,

Looking to invite anyone to play FINAL FANTASY XI?

Point them to our newly launched 14-Day Free Trial: http://www.finalfantasyxi.com/freetrial/

Then of course if you haven't bought FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition, you can get it half price ($9.99) on our Square Enix Online Store and get 111 Members Points... http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.241238700

THEN you can perhaps comment on your eagerness for a FFXI NA Concert just like the one Japan held today on 11/11/11...
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/16883-XI-XI-XI-Celebrations-Vanacon-and-You!

Course...only if you want to. Happy XI/XI/XI!
hmmmm might rebuy for the PC

You should totally tell someone on the FFXI team to work on DX9 again though for PC and 360 versions.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Wow, playonline is easily the worst service I have ever seen. lol It makes you jump through ridiculous hoops to get in game.

Allard

Pai Pai Master said:
That was kinda awesome seeing FFXI get that kinda recognition so many years later.

It was very well done too. I like the "Ladies, gentlemen... Galka." XD Really hope they go through with the Vita port they talked a while back. I am in the middle of deciding of canceling my account because I hardly play it, but if it came on Vita I could easily play it from places I normally could not bring my computer or laptop.

Was watching DBZ Kai last night and laughed at this:

dbz-ffxi-lol-weakness-get2.gif

Could be one of those 'you know you've played too much FFXI when....' type things that no one else finds funny, but I lol'ed.

Wonder what the Atma Vegeta drops does........

hgplayer1

I was thinking about logging in tonight and see what's going on in the linkshell. Is anyone here still logging in regularly?

I havent played in a while and am pretty close to cancelling XI indefinitely (not deleting character) since XIV will start charging soon.

Leaping

Neo Member
hgplayer1 said:
I was thinking about logging in tonight and see what's going on in the linkshell. Is anyone here still logging in regularly?

I havent played in a while and am pretty close to cancelling XI indefinitely (not deleting character) since XIV will start charging soon.

Yo. I'm on most of the time, but am frequently hopping shells. SoD's been fairly empty lately though.

Shouta

I've been too busy with single-player games and work to play FFXI. I've also played a bit of DCUO as well because blasting shit with beams of energy is fun! Hopefully those new changes to PUP get implemented soon.

B.K.

I was out of town at the first of the month and didn't pay, so my subscription for the month is dead. I may come back next month, if I'm not busy.

Kandinsky

I dont know I havent logged in like 2 months and I cant even cancel because I dont remember my PO password, so I gave Diosax my account and I will keep paying for it untill they fix the payment system I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom