• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Thanksgiving present from Square Enix.

Starting today, you can now specify the exact amount of Crysta to add to your account. In addition to the set amounts available up until now, it is also possible to add any value of Crysta between 500 and 10,000 points.

The previously announced Fall 2011 implementation of direct credit card payments is still under development and should be ready soon. We apologize for the wait, but we will make an announcement once an exact implementation date has been decided. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Allard

Meritable, huh? I assume they're pretty easy to unlock in an Abyssea party. Are they any good though?

Someone said the potency upgrades is 17% modifier for each upgrade (or around that) from the test server. And since most of them are multi-hit they could 'potentially' be very powerful on their own or powerful after they are upgraded fully. The upgrade path is pretty intense but manegable through intense merit parties in abyssea. They are updating merits to 30 points you can hold at a time and the final upgrade is going to be 30 merit points. its going to take more then 100 merit points to fully upgrade these bad boys, not to mention you can only fully upgrade 3 weaponskills at a time so people are going to have to choose which ones they want for the sake of it, and which ones they want to excel at.

Unlock is 10 points.

Thanks for the explanation, Allard. I'm with Kadinsky, if I still played I'd go for the katana. There was no way I was hardcore enough to get the magian weapon but the WS that accompanies it was damn strong, so hopefully these can hold their own against them.

Asura may have a large JP population and a smaller English population, y'never know. I'd ask around on some server specific forums, such as on Alla or KI. Most of GAF plays on Sylph, and I enjoyed my brief time on the server. There are lots of friendly and helpful English speaking players, plus you can join the GAF LS if you'd like to.

N.A

Banned
I picked up the Ultimate Collection today after playing the free trial for a few days. I'm really enjoying it so far, though I'm looking forward to getting to areas where I can actually join a party.

I'd love to join the GAF LS, how would I do that? (I'm on Sylph, username: Inrainbows)

Allard

I actually sympathize with the answers, but they took the completely wrong angle from why people liked the abyssea content. Balance does need to happen eventually though, especially with a final level cap coming underway, but the 'attitude' around the reason they made void the watch the way they did is really unfortunate.

The one nice piece of info is that they are contemplating a new 'vanafest' to announce something for the 10th anniversary. I know its a broken record but I would like to see one final 'true' expansion to come with the game, a place where ground work can be laid for more structured new content (And not tacked on rehashes into the old world). But since I'm sure the team is probably extremely small these days and with most of the asset artists probably working on the new FFXIV areas, the likely hood of that happening is probably close to nil :(.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
FF11 LS dead too?

FF14 one is pretty lethargic nowadays as well. New patch might change things, we'll see.

What do you guys do about it? Does it even matter?

I've been playing since day 1 American, Abyssea was easily the most fun I've ever had with the game.

Hearing their comments about it just reminds me why I rarely play anymore. :( It actually made me a little angry reading it lol, everyone likes to laugh at how clueless they are and joke 'do they even play their own game??' etc, but I'm honestly starting to really wonder.

I have no interest in going back to the 'old ways', Abyssea felt like one last hurrah type thing to me, reward for all the BS over the years where suddenly they hit a switch and the game was in fun mode. But woops that was a mistake, lets go backwards! :|

Come the new update, I'll be back playing for a week or so getting all my jobs level and look at the new stuff.... but if its anything like the last few, my interest will just dwindle out again pretty quickly.

Kinda weird this time last year when I was sooooooo engrossed (like, seriously playing constantly) in the game, I never would have dreamed finally getting to 99 would be such a non-event to me.

Shouta

FF11 LS dead too?

FF14 one is pretty lethargic nowadays as well. New patch might change things, we'll see.

What do you guys do about it? Does it even matter?

LS is kind of dead at the moment but it's a fairly common occurrence. The LS dies out for periods of time then magically starts up again later. Though, with Ito and Tanaka power tripping again and trying to ruin FFXI like they did FFXIV at the start, the LS may die out for good this time.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
LS is kind of dead at the moment but it's a fairly common occurrence. The LS dies out for periods of time then magically starts up again later. Though, with Ito and Tanaka power tripping again and trying to ruin FFXI like they did FFXIV at the start, the LS may die out for good this time.

Play 14 instead! :D

Oh, you're gonna move outta Japan? I should probably go to Tokyo again sometime.

Shouta

Not paying for 14 even in its current state. 2.0 has to come around and then I'd have to experience for free first before I'd consider giving up money again for it. Launch killed off all the goodwill I had, damn Tanaka.

And yeah, I'm heading back to the US in 2 weeks. Getting all the prep work done now.

Kandinsky

I've been playing since day 1 American, Abyssea was easily the most fun I've ever had with the game.

Hearing their comments about it just reminds me why I rarely play anymore. :( It actually made me a little angry reading it lol, everyone likes to laugh at how clueless they are and joke 'do they even play their own game??' etc, but I'm honestly starting to really wonder.

I have no interest in going back to the 'old ways', Abyssea felt like one last hurrah type thing to me, reward for all the BS over the years where suddenly they hit a switch and the game was in fun mode. But woops that was a mistake, lets go backwards! :|

Come the new update, I'll be back playing for a week or so getting all my jobs level and look at the new stuff.... but if its anything like the last few, my interest will just dwindle out again pretty quickly.

Kinda weird this time last year when I was sooooooo engrossed (like, seriously playing constantly) in the game, I never would have dreamed finally getting to 99 would be such a non-event to me.
I feel exactly the same.

Riposte

I was a long time player of FFXI and Abyssea combined with Magian trials and level cap increase(which isn't really bad I guess) were the catalysts which made me retire from the game. So I could understand the point of view of someone who doesn't think it is the best thing ever. For one I would have preferred they took the good ideas/innovations of Abyssea and spread them throughout the game.

I was a long time player of FFXI and Abyssea combined with Magian trials and level cap increase(which isn't really bad I guess) were the catalysts which made me retire from the game. So I could understand the point of view of someone who doesn't think it is the best thing ever. For one I would have preferred they took the good ideas/innovations of Abyssea and spread them throughout the game.

People thought it was the new endgame without considering that the cap increases and additional content were going to drive it towards the new midgame. Some of the concepts have spilled over into other things, for better and worse, and it did establish a new baseline of easily accessible, and rather useful equipment.

Kandinsky

99? pfft the really important update is this...
The NPC Domenic in Lower Jeuno (J-7) can now teleport players to the following battlefields for a set price:

Ghelsba Outpost / Horlais Peak / Waghroon Shrine / Balga's Dais / Qu'Bia Arena
*Completion of the quest "Beyond Infinity" is mandatory in order to be transported.
:O

Shouta

Yeah. It takes forever to get ont he public servers as well.

At least my robot will be buff whenever I get ack to playing. If I do.

I`m also moving back to the US next wek so I`ll be on a more regular schedule, heh.

Ploid 3.0

This game had it's moments a few years ago, but SE missed it's chance to make it much more awesome. Time for the younger RPGs.

I still want a offline ffxi -2 type game. I like the fighting system. Heck I'd take FFXII-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom