• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl

Banned
I thought about renewing my sub for the holidays but ultimately decided it wasn't worth it. The OST brings back so many fond memories.

I'm going through this with myself right now. I'm thinking about maybe returning and just casually playing. It's the OST that does it to me. :(

I wish there was a true successor.

I'm going through this with myself right now. I'm thinking about maybe returning and just casually playing. It's the OST that does it to me. :(

I wish there was a true successor.

I probably would have too if I wasn't paying $13 for a week of gameplay.

I had high hopes for XIV when it was announced, but we all know how that turned out. All I wanted was FFXI-2 / FFXI HD. I don't think Square has the ability to design good games of any scale anymore. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Azuran

Banned
Well, I tried the free trial and got addicted to this game. Good, right?

Anyways, is there a difference if you buy the game from Steam and the official site? Or are they exactly the same? It's on sale right now, so I figured it's a good time to buy it.

Well, I tried the free trial and got addicted to this game. Good, right?

Anyways, is there a difference if you buy the game from Steam and the official site? Or are they exactly the same? It's on sale right now, so I figured it's a good time to buy it.

Exactly the same, no reason not to get it on steam.

B.K.

I see. I thought they charged on the 2nd of the month. I thought if I renewed today, they might charge for December instead of January, since today is the 1st.

B.K.

I'm back. Now I need to do the last Limit Break, if I can find some help getting the stone and doing that fight.

B.K.

Chocobro and I spent about the last two and a half hours getting Seasoning Stones for each of us. Now we're ready for the final battle, sometime. I have a feeling it's going to be bad.

Kandinsky

I'm still locked out of both XIV and XI because I only have C&B option to add crysta and that thing is not available in my country smh.

Edit: heres hoping they add direct cc payment option soon, I kinda feel like paying for both for some sick reason lawl.

jae

The new genkai is a massive cockblock. It is really hard for new and returning players to finish since it is so hard. Doesn't help that the drop rates on the Rarab Tail items are so asinine. It seems like it is either 1/1 or 0/9999999. Forever 95.

I'm still locked out of both XIV and XI because I only have C&B option to add crysta and that thing is not available in my country smh.

Edit: heres hoping they add direct cc payment option soon, I kinda feel like paying for both for some sick reason lawl.

I did voidwatch with Dio yesterday, you'll be happy to know your taru is still clothed.

The new genkai is a massive cockblock. It is really hard for new and returning players to finish since it is so hard. Doesn't help that the drop rates on the Rarab Tail items are so asinine. It seems like it is either 1/1 or 0/9999999. Forever 95.

Win strategies:

1. Bring an aegis pld with a good MDT set and a healer who knows how to play.

2. 4 pet jobs, 2 of anything else, and 2-3 rarab tails. Pets tank him till he uses hundred fists, then you pop the tails.

3. Manaburn with rarab tails. Pop tail, nuke, pop another tail when it wears off, repeat.

4. Perfect defense zerg: Bring a smn and a few monks. AoE enfire, rest up, perfect defense for full duration and the mnks 2hr. Attack speed + enfire should destroy him.

5. Perfect defense -> Manaburn. Same as above but without enough attack speed to finish the job. Pop a rarab tail when the perfect defense wears and nuke him down the rest of the way.

Shouta

I think the harder problem is that it's hard for pick-up groups and finding people to do it is stupid. It's pretty ridiculous.

Oh, Square... When will you ever learn?

Toth

There is no ultimate boss per say but the new higher tier Voidwatch NMs, especially Botolous Rex, the King Flan of Evil, are very challenging to an alliance of 99s. You need to hope you have the right procs to make the fight manageable XD

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Did y'all beat it?

Also, since the level cap's 100 now, who's the ultimate boss in the game?

He is still challenging just because of the adds he spawns with every form change. He himself and his forms aren't that hard, but if you don't have good management with the ads things will go bad. We actually wiped on the final stage because the ads were more powerful than we though, but were able to zombie hold and kill.

The final tier VNM's are tough, but I'd still say PW is probably harder because there is a lot more coordination and strategy needed for it. White Procing has made VNM fights much much easier. the VNM fights are only "hard" because you want to proc and cap lights.

jae

Win strategies:

1. Bring an aegis pld with a good MDT set and a healer who knows how to play.

2. 4 pet jobs, 2 of anything else, and 2-3 rarab tails. Pets tank him till he uses hundred fists, then you pop the tails.

3. Manaburn with rarab tails. Pop tail, nuke, pop another tail when it wears off, repeat.

4. Perfect defense zerg: Bring a smn and a few monks. AoE enfire, rest up, perfect defense for full duration and the mnks 2hr. Attack speed + enfire should destroy him.

5. Perfect defense -> Manaburn. Same as above but without enough attack speed to finish the job. Pop a rarab tail when the perfect defense wears and nuke him down the rest of the way.

Won with a pick up group using a combo of 4 and 5. Now to get 99 and quit again!

Toth

Oh Voidwatch, you sly dog.

I got up early today and saw a Pil shout 17/18. I was on PUP so I sent a request to join. No response. I said I could come COR. Leader said COR party was full. I asked if he needed BLM, SMN, or BLU. He said DD please. So I say Verethragna PUP. Silence. Then, Behemoth Domain warp do you have it? I said sure and out I went.

Well, guess what happened.

First chest. Toci's harness. 1/70! AND I got to rape Pil as PUP.

...then 2 drops later, another harness >.> Very funny, SE.

I didn't forget Pancake >< I will post my PUP gear for you later today!

Oh Voidwatch, you sly dog.

I got up early today and saw a Pil shout 17/18. I was on PUP so I sent a request to join. No response. I said I could come COR. Leader said COR party was full. I asked if he needed BLM, SMN, or BLU. He said DD please. So I say Verethragna PUP. Silence. Then, Behemoth Domain warp do you have it? I said sure and out I went.

Well, guess what happened.

First chest. Toci's harness. 1/70! AND I got to rape Pil as PUP.

...then 2 drops later, another harness >.> Very funny, SE.

I didn't forget Pancake >< I will post my PUP gear for you later today!

You bastard. Why couldn't you get doubles post ticket system. :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My worst experience in voidwatch...

Linkshell does Jeuno tier 4's one night. One of each. I get the boots I don't want off Lancing Lamorak 1/1 . I get the boots I can't use of of Rw Nw Prt M Hrw (who the heck named this mob) 1/1 . I'm currently 0/5 on the boots from Bhishani that I really do want.

carlo6529

Can this whole game be downloaded?(if so, could whom ever possibly give me a link?) Or do i have to go out and buy it? I used to play a while ago and would like to play it for a couple of months again.

zlatko

Banned
I thought about renewing my sub for the holidays but ultimately decided it wasn't worth it. The OST brings back so many fond memories.

I didn't think about renewing, but I can't help but look back on this game as how perfectly it fit the years of my life I spent with it. The more I reflect on it, the more I believe there will never be another game as I get older that can replace what this game did for me and the fun I had in those 6 years on and off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h7ErtoGEhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUWw0qpwmqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuvxcpQ-veg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgwFCz54ABM

These 4 songs in particular are not only awesome and immediately bring back the place into my head, but just reinvoke the great moments I had in those areas and the game overall with friends both in real life and that I met online.

Such a shame FF14 bombed. I should tattoo Prishe on my left buttcheek to commemorate my love for XI forever. :D

carlo6529

Not sure if it's the best place to get it, but it's on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/39250/

Thanks for the link; I purchased and installed the game. I used to play a long while back and am starting from scratch again this time. I always forget how hard it is starting an mmo at first. It's taken me 2 days to scrum up enough cash to buy some very basic equipment and spells.

Also, i forgot about how you had to do a quest to unlock the ability to use a subjob. Thats gonna be tough this time around as a solo white mage.

Kokonoe

Banned

Apparently they're going to make it easier or something.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/21200-dev1095-Limit-Break-Quest-Adjustments

[dev1095] Limit Break Quest Adjustments
Conditions for limit break quests will be adjusted as follows:

Beyond Infinity

The effect of the Olde Rarab Tail item will be altered as follows:

Your opponent&#8217;s state of panic will persist for a longer duration.
Your opponent will not use weapon skills immediately after the effect wears off.
Your opponent&#8217;s movement speed will gradually decrease over the effect&#8217;s duration.

Atop the Highest Mountains

The ??? target will always be present.

Shattering Stars
The Beast Within
Breaking the Bonds of Fate
Achieving True Power
A Furious Finale

Survival of the Wisest

Testimony drop rates will be increased.
*The enemies that drop testimonies will remain unchanged.
Each testimony will grant the player three attempts at the battlefield.

Looks like they're also making the Maat fight more tolerable to newbies.

Ploid 3.0

Wow final level break sounds stupid. Check this thread to look at pictures, come on guys post em. Reading about the drop rates and this new void watch things reminds me why I'm glad I don't play anymore. So much work for so little reward.

Haha at the guy not wanting pup in his group.

Kokonoe

Banned
Found out how to apply Antialiasing with Nvidia Inspector. Here are the settings I used.

iDCoex7PYUn2N.png

Of course you can crank things up higher, this is just what i'm using currently.

Lhexh

Gratz! Also new Vanafest on the way! http://andriasang.com/con03c/ffxi_event/

Also just finished my Masamune made it past glavoid stage for Ukon and On final stage for Bravura! makes 3 empy's and a potential relic!!! My first was farsha... don't laugh at me. lol

Really hope they announce some good stuff considering they allowed more partition for the PS2. One full expansion will make me a happy guy.

Allard

Gratz! Also new Vanafest on the way! http://andriasang.com/con03c/ffxi_event/

Also just finished my Masamune made it past glavoid stage for Ukon and On final stage for Bravura! makes 3 empy's and a potential relic!!! My first was farsha... don't laugh at me. lol

Really hope they announce some good stuff considering they allowed more partition for the PS2. One full expansion will make me a happy guy.

They mentioned a possible new vanafest late last year but its only now they confirmed it. They also said that something "worthy" of the tenth anniversary would be shown at the event. The last vanafest we had announced the level cap removal and Abyssea. At minimum I expect another trio of mini packs but I would love a full blown expansion. It might get me to play again as I just am not interested in the current content. The only thing that bothers me is how late we are getting Vanafest. By the time it hits, we should have gone through all the publicly scheduled content they mentioned last year. Just worried about content droughts but then again the last Vanafest came on the heels of a potential content drought too.

Kokonoe

Banned
They should totally add a new expansion, with a new story from all those other continents we've never been to like the Far East.

An upgrade to to the latest Direct X, and hardware would be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom