• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
crafting....forgot all about that. guess ill be keeping these crystals in the mog house. as a BLM is there a craft or skill i should lean on?

random question: anyone else play this entirely in first person mode?

First person mode kinda sucks. You need to be aware of your surroundings so I wouldn't recommend it.

Crafting is sort of independent of job selection unless you're consuming ammo and want to be able to make your own to save some gil. I would recommend looking at a craft once you have some money to burn unless you're just doing random low level synths from the junk you pick up off monsters.

Btw mages, when you hit level 51 I can craft your elemental staves. Just buy the materials and flag me down.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, crafting is optional and not even the most efficient money maker. I've 9layed since launch and have no craft skills over 60.

Yeah, crafting is optional and not even the most efficient money maker. I've 9layed since launch and have no craft skills over 60.

I'm woodworking 94 +7 and counting. Soon as the AH gets enough of the lumber I need I'm going to break the bank finishing. Macrons and the new synergy stalls make crafting much easier than it used to be.

Allard

Yeah gathering stuff for crafting is usually a better money maker and until you hit the highest level and leveled multiple 'sub' crafts (stuff lvl 70 and below) you really can't make a dent on the market, and even then you need to research the market to find stuff that is selling for a decent profit, in demand or find stuff that looks like it might be in demand soon. www.ffxiah.com is a good resource to get glance at what your market is like on a server. Leveling a craft is a HUGE money sink till then, don't worry about crafting much till you got some money, and get money by doing repeatable quests and selling raw materials on the AH. I still remember the days of bee hive chip farming where it was basically required to have numerous stacks of silent oil, people slaughtered the bees in Gustaberg and Giddeus for gil constantly XD. Hell during the height of the great gil 'inflation Christmas' I was selling 45k a stack for beehive chips, hell right now they are selling 15k and sell every day!

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm not sure if it's been released yet or not, but they were discussing making an Elemental Stave that had all of the staves combined into one.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This game has the goofiest character creation I have come across in a MMO so far.

Stuck choosing between a Tarutaru because they're cute as hell and a Galka.

B-Dex

I'm really enjoying my time so far. Just been soloing with FoV in Konschtat atm since there was no party in Gusgen. Got to 16 without even trying yesterday.

I'd be going along thinking I just levelled and then the fanfare played and I was like wtf... awesome... haha.

I'm broke as a joke though. I hope all my auctions sold today so I can buy the rest of my armour.

I find it hilarious the newbie G Axe from the merchant is about 600 gil but you can sell it on the AH for 5k.

Will post some more pics once Taeyang gets his armour. I hate looking like some weir dmish mash :(.

Tomat

Which server should I be going with here to play with gaffers? I know no one playing this game, so I'll be hanging around with you guys.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What server are you on B-Dex? You sound low level enough for me to maybe jump in with and join, ha. Sylph sounds like the place to go though, no?

B-Dex

Sylph.

I don't have a gaf pearl though but maybe pancakeandsex can help us out. Or we could just make a new one.

GAF Noobs with an orange pearl <3 haha.

ALSO join the backloggery shell. I got a pearl for them and they're all really nice and chill and seem willing to help if they aren't dancing or sleeping.

LowParry

Yes, it would be great to have some other new people in SoD. :D Though wont' get to play much till later tonight. So I'm stuck at lvl 5 till then (has to switch from black mage to red mage).

Sophia

I'll need a pearl eventually. Don't care if it's to the GAF guild or SoD. Name's Sophira. Might have to wait til later, however, as I've got a WoW raid tonight and will be leaving now. :p

I'll need a pearl eventually. Don't care if it's to the GAF guild or SoD. Name's Sophira. Might have to wait til later, however, as I've got a WoW raid tonight and will be leaving now. :p

SoD is the "gaf LS". Shouta runs it and he's kinda off the game at the moment and everyone quit a while back so it was dead for a long time but now some people are back (I never left!)

Hit up seigyoku for backloggery pearls in addition to SoD, it's in your best interest.

I'm going to be in abyssea farming an almace most the evening with sei and aur but if you catch us before then we can pass out some pearls. I'll be in sandy.

Tomat

So SoD and the GAF guild are the same thing? How many active members does it have?

And what do pearls do/why do we need one?

B-Dex

So SoD and the GAF guild are the same thing? How many active members does it have?

A Pearl is like a walkie-talkie that has the Linkshell's (Guild) channel. You "equip" it and can talk to everyone else that has a pearl from that LS. You can also equip a different one if you're in multiple LS. Like one for end game, one for casual stuff, one to chat with your buddies whatever.

You can only have one actively equipped at a time though.

ZetaEpyon

Yes, Stars of Destiny (SoD) is the "GAF" linkshell. There are others in it, but historically it's been mostly GAF members I think.

B-Dex

I have the live in Vana'Diel cam streaming on the big tv at work haha. Creepers in moogle costumes standing in front of it.

Tomat

Gotcha, will join SoD and backloggery.

Probably goin to play a TaruTaru, no idea what class yet..

Husker86

I'm kicking myself for removing the security key from my account. It was bothering me on FFXIV but I really want to come back to FFXI now haha. Seems strange that they don't let you reactivate the keys.

So I want to play again since I'm pretty bored. Can anyone fill me in on what I need to get started with the neogaf crew? I think I have an account but I have no idea where it is.

So I want to play again since I'm pretty bored. Can anyone fill me in on what I need to get started with the neogaf crew? I think I have an account but I have no idea where it is.

Move to Sylph server.

Send me, pancakesandsx (no 'e'), talym, or seigyoku tells to get pearls to linkshells with people.

Shouta

Did they ever switch over to the monthly billing from the time you sign up rather than the billing at the start of the month?

Did they ever switch over to the monthly billing from the time you sign up rather than the billing at the start of the month?

Yeah. It's 30 days from when you subscribe. Not sure if it's a opt-in sort of thing but they send me emails a few days before they charge me to let me know.

B.K.

Well that was a rip off. that 90 min exp ring wore off within the first five minutes. blah.

With GoVs and the exp increase, you don't really even need those rings anymore. The exp boost from a year or so ago makes those rings wear in no time. They aren't worth the CP to recharge.

LowParry

With GoVs and the exp increase, you don't really even need those rings anymore. The exp boost from a year or so ago makes those rings wear in no time. They aren't worth the CP to recharge.

Ah, gotcha. Just seemed like a nice little boost. And still no word on those hats yet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
the EXP rings are still nice for low level leveling, and the 10th anniversary rings were fantastic for doing magian trials on AF2 gear in Dynamis.

Kokonoe

Banned
They had to post pone an event due to this Moogle NPC issue. Seems like they're working on it now.

Either way, a shame you guys have to play without the hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom