• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouta said:
Yep, hence TORCLEAVER! Also got 30 Advancement coins too so I'm going to start working on Revenant fists for PUP so I can use Victory Smite.

Yusssss. Hopefully I'll be on VNMs soon and we can work on them. Gotta upgrade my T1 again.

Shouta

Kandinsky said:
How awesome is it, omg cg man!

It's not a crit WS unfortunately but it's pretty good. It was ding 1000 as a baseline against the Morbid Molasses boss in slimes. I was spiking 1500-2000 after I got it on PLD/WHM with some food. It'll probably do better after I get my Gsword skill capped and if I use it on DRK.

I did get a 4800 on it in Abyssea but I cheated and was PLD/THF using SA/RR/Apoc.

I also got 30 Advancements, man. I'm going to get started on my H2H weapons so I can Victory Smite shit!

Kandinsky

Shouta said:
It's not a crit WS unfortunately but it's pretty good. It was ding 1000 as a baseline against the Morbid Molasses boss in slimes. I was spiking 1500-2000 after I got it on PLD/WHM with some food. It'll probably do better after I get my Gsword skill capped and if I use it on DRK.

I did get a 4800 on it in Abyssea but I cheated and was PLD/THF using SA/RR/Apoc.

I also got 30 Advancements, man. I'm going to get started on my H2H weapons so I can Victory Smite shit!
Fucking sweet, count me in when you get to the vnm part!

Well, it's happened again: I've gotten bored with World of Warcraft. So, I'm giving FFXI another try. Pretty much everyone on GAF who still plays is on Sylph, right? This'll be my first time playing since ~2005, so I was hoping someone might be willing to help me get my bearings as I stumble along.

mucorama

thanks for the pearl (i'm Melba)! I am pretty new (whm is 31) but eager to help however I can as well as I need all the help I can get.

Shouta

All right, so I finally got my last Keeper of Halidom last night and I'm on my VNMs. So, I'm down for those this weekend! First off for me is Shoggoth >=(

"The forthcoming minor version update will usher in a host of battle-related refinements, including increased experience point yield and eased skill gain conditions.

Increased Experience Point Yield

The amount of experience points obtained by defeating monsters in non-Abyssea areas will be revised across the board. For instance, defeating an "Even Match" foe will yield roughly double the current amount of experience points. This adjustment will also benefit dragoon wyverns and adventuring fellow NPCs.

Eased Skill Gain Conditions

At present, only by fighting foes rated "Even Match" or stronger can players raise their combat and magic skills to their upper limits. With the February version update, however, this requirement will be reduced to "Decent Challenge." Further, players will find that actions targeting themselves or party members will raise the corresponding skill at a faster rate. Once these changes come into effect, players can expect larger figures to accompany each rise in skill. Puppetmasters should also be pleased to know that automatons, too, will benefit from this adjustment."

Yuripaw

Banned
Hey guys. Just wanted to say I've reactivated my FFXI account today, and I'm gonna be trying to play whenever I can. I'm pretty behind on all the abyssea content, so I'm gonna see if I can get caught up a little bit.

I will try to log in whenever I can, but school and work are gonna keep me pretty busy. I just really missed playing FFXI, because it's been months since I've played.

B.K.

I'm going to try to finally get back into the game now. I'm doing the Samurai job quest now. I want to try to unlock the rest of the jobs.

What are good plug-ins for the Windower. XI View looks interesting. Are there any other good ones?

I've been reading about the game's graphics settings. I oversampled the game in the register. It looks much better now. It had way too much aliasing before.

Zomba13

Ok. Very tempted to get back into the game after listening to this a bunch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVYhcXmXSB0

I could install from the discs and get the right playonline thing for windows 7 or I could pay £9.99 for the ultimate pack on steam and get everything (excluding Abyssea). I've got ACP and the moogle one though (and all the proper expansions).
If I was to buy it on steam does it auto update through steam?
can I use windower with it?
can I activate the Shantotto add-on on my existing playonline/square enix account thing?

If I can I might just buy it there and download it. Save me faffing about with disks and then patching. If not I'll do it the long way, unless I can get my friend to copy his game folders to my external HDD (if that will work, once I install playonline again)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My understanding is that it will update like normal not not via steam. I've been told by LS mates that it will work with windower.

Honestly though, I'd just get the disk.

$3 on Amazon

Just use your old login info anything you previously activated will be active again. What you want to do is use your old login info, but use the reg code from whatever version of the ultimate collection you get. That will activate anything you didn't have before.

Updating should not be a problem. There is a LOT to download but it's pretty fast when you're not doing it on a big update day or something.

-It will update normally, not via steam, but if you don't have A Shantotto Ascension then that's gonna run you ten bucks anyway, so you might as well get it on steam.
-Windower works.
-You can use the code you get from the steam version on your old account to add shantotto to it.
-Grab visions of abyssea at least so you can start the cutscenes and start building up stones (for entry) for it while you acclimate yourself to the game again.

Zomba13

Just my luck. Installed and everything, go to log in, my POL password is wrong -.-
I'm very sure I've not changed it since I first registered and the password is written down in the back of the manual. My SE account stuff is right as I can log in on FFXIV. I've sent a support ticket thing for password recovery. Hopefully they get that done tomorrow. I can't log in to update FFXI or get the Abyssea stuff.

seipherzero

Neo Member
Hey guys- just reactivated yesterday. I was on Fairy before the world transfers so if I remember correctly I'm on Sylph now? My main job is 75SAM, hoping to join you guys in the LS. My character is Benitoraa

Thanks!!

Shouta

Is there anyone on enough that can pearl folks? Well, I guess Sada is nextz.

Speaking of sacks, where's Sac been lately?

Zomba13

Got back into XI yesterday and had my first taste of Abyssea.
HOLY. SHIT.
2 hours and I had capped my Merits (needed dem merits for limit breakings).
Linkshell leader got from 62 to 70 something too. Just wish there was a way to level that fast for the lower levels. I need RDM to be used as a SMN sub (mmmmm Refresh).

Gonna need to work on the SMN AF3. Some of the stuff on those pieces are nice :)O +2 refresh on the +2 head!). Also still need to get Diabolos but that should be easy since it's apparently easily soloable by an 85 SAM.

Also, how about those job emotes? Those are pretty awesome. I love just summoning chocobos on random peoples heads.

Zomba13 said:
Got back into XI yesterday and had my first taste of Abyssea.
HOLY. SHIT.
2 hours and I had capped my Merits (needed dem merits for limit breakings).
Linkshell leader got from 62 to 70 something too. Just wish there was a way to level that fast for the lower levels. I need RDM to be used as a SMN sub (mmmmm Refresh).

Gonna need to work on the SMN AF3. Some of the stuff on those pieces are nice :)O +2 refresh on the +2 head!). Also still need to get Diabolos but that should be easy since it's apparently easily soloable by an 85 SAM.

Also, how about those job emotes? Those are pretty awesome. I love just summoning chocobos on random peoples heads.

What server did you get on?

B.K.

Interesting update. Looks like it's going to be easier to level outside of Abyssea now!

In Fields of Valor, the once-per-day limit on undertaking training regimes has been lifted.
Regimes may now be completed for experience as often as desired. Gil and tab rewards, however, will still be awarded only once per Vana'diel day. With this change, hunts and individual training will no longer share the same timer.

Experience point yield for defeating monsters in non-Abyssea areas has been increased.

Combat and magic skill increase conditions have been reworked.
*This adjustment will also apply to automatons.

* Skills may now be increased to their caps by fighting foes rated "Decent Challenge" or stronger.
* Skills will rise more rapidly, and larger values will accompany each skill increase.

Downloaded the Ultimate Collection for $4.99 this morning. WOW wasn't doing it for me, and I really am not enjoying FF XIV very much, so I thought I would jump back into FF XI again after hearing about todays update. Already noticing a large increase in exp, and being able to use field manuals repeatedly is quite nice as well. After a few hours of play it dawned on me just how much I missed this game.

Really I just want to see the story, do missions and quests, and explore the world. Will probably end up as a loner BST, but who knows. I still kinda feel like a jerk getting a pearl from pancakesandsex a year or so ago and then proceeded to quit the next day w/o a word. Anyway, on Sylph and the name is Landes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Noticing the difference in skill ups. I'm getting them with about the same frequency as before but they're mostly 0.4 and 0.5 when I get them instead of 0.1 and 0.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom