• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

I am not Max
What's the reason for this game to be the only Square game on sale other than the daily deals?

I'm caving in and getting it.

Is it wrong for me to like the idea of a smaller server? I'm not saying I want to go solo all the time, but there are so many NMs and the like that were always over camped when I played back in '06. In a perfect world, it would be me and 5 other friends on a mostly empty server.

pancakesandsex said:
You can bypass by registering your payment info on a console. Is your CC not passing?
Yeah, it keeps saying it is not accepted. I wonder if I can still use my OXM FFXI Beta disc to get onto PlayOnline...

EDIT: Nope and with it not being able to connect to the servers, it won't let me go past the update screen to uninstall and now the POL Beta is stuck on my 360... :|

B.K.

This week, it's Gusgen Mines. I hope the enemies there have a better drop rate for the key than the Ordelle mobs. The last time I was there, I spent a couple hours fighting and never got a chest key.

B.K. said:
This week, it's Gusgen Mines. I hope the enemies there have a better drop rate for the key than the Ordelle mobs. The last time I was there, I spent a couple hours fighting and never got a chest key.

If you need help after I'm out of dyna I can TH you a key.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
pancakesandsex said:
If you need help after I'm out of dyna I can TH you a key.

Hey, i'm logging now if you can get me a linkpearl.
P.S. A memory upgrade is acting funny, so if I drop off it's cause I blue screened. I'm on my last troubleshooting phase.

Got a link pearl. thanks Talym

Varna

Thinking about claiming my account again. Problem is I lost all my information... Any way to get my account back with old registration codes or possibly a credit card number?

F it. It's only five bucks. If I get bored, oh well.

Is the GAF LS still around? Did a bit playing with em a year or so ago.

Can I use the ultimate collections id to fill in the rest of the content updates I don't own yet?

Varna said:
Thinking about claiming my account again. Problem is I lost all my information... Any way to get my account back with old registration codes or possibly a credit card number?

F it. It's only five bucks. If I get bored, oh well.

Is the GAF LS still around? Did a bit playing with em a year or so ago.

Can I use the ultimate collections id to fill in the rest of the content updates I don't own yet?

Yes we're around

You can use the collection to add the mini expansions but not abyssea.

Varna

Max said:
is it possible to play this with an xbox 360 controller?

Last time I checked I couldn't. Game can't seem to recognize the triggers.

Can't believe they never added a password recovery feature. Have to wait until Tuesday to get my account back.

Varna

GrumpyAlien said:
Thats what I use to play with on PC and it works great.

Awesome. It didn't work the last time I tried to use it (year or so ago).

So on my last character I stopped playing one day. I had to report the card I was using for the service so payment also stopped around that time. Never bothered to close the account or anything. So when I try and log into this account on Tuesday after I get my password, will all my characters still be there?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I need an Amaryllis for the mog house exit quest in Bastok. Does the game have a mail system or something where someone in Jeuno where it is sold can send me one? I tried running to Jeuno, but it did not go well, hehe.

B.K.

I got a Gusgen chest key for tomorrow. I'm going to Gustaburg now to hunt down a dog collar from a Black Wolf so I can do the quest to get a map of Gusgen Mines. I thought I'd already done it, but apparently not.

Shouta

Suikoguy said:
I need an Amaryllis for the mog house exit quest in Bastok. Does the game have a mail system or something where someone in Jeuno where it is sold can send me one? I tried running to Jeuno, but it did not go well, hehe.

Yeah, I can send you one a bit later.

Max

I am not Max
Finished registering and getting a content ID. Currently updating

Do I just message pancakes once online?

edit: ok 9 hour eta update? see you guys tomorrow

Suikoguy

Shouta said:
Yeah, I can send you one a bit later.

Very awesome. Thanks!
Just let me know how much.

Max said:
Finished registering and getting a content ID. Currently updating

Do I just message pancakes once online?

edit: ok 9 hour eta update? what the shit.

lol, it won't take that long.

But it will still probably take 4 hours.

Zomba13

Max said:
Why's everything looking squished at 1680x1050 :|

Any way to enable AA?
For the squashed thing go into config in game (Menu, page 2) then one of the options will have an aspect ratio picker. Just pick 16:10.
For AA you need to set the background res to 2x (or 3x or 4x etc) that the display res is in the registry. So 3260x2100 (I think) for 1680x1050.
go here for help http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Graphics

Also, have the AHs been merged yet? If not, when are they planning to?

Damn this game has got me feeling the addiction again. Logged twice tonight, and a little while later that little voice in my head said, "Come on, just one more LV up." Went from 20-23 tonight in the dunes by doing Field Manuals, also felt kinda dumb I hadn't used any of the field support like Protect and Regen until now. Also gotta love the sylphs showing up just when you need them making it so I never had to heal.

Looking forward to reaching LV 30 so I can unlock Beastmaster. Pretty much hoping I can use that to see the majority of the storyline, which is honestly my reason for returning to the game.

GrumpyAlien said:
Damn this game has got me feeling the addiction again. Logged twice tonight, and a little while later that little voice in my head said, "Come on, just one more LV up." Went from 20-23 tonight in the dunes by doing Field Manuals, also felt kinda dumb I hadn't used any of the field support like Protect and Regen until now. Also gotta love the sylphs showing up just when you need them making it so I never had to heal.

Looking forward to reaching LV 30 so I can unlock Beastmaster. Pretty much hoping I can use that to see the majority of the storyline, which is honestly my reason for returning to the game.
This is my plan if I can't get my old puppet master reactivated.

Max

I am not Max
pancakesandsex said:
Whichever one of you is maxkem, I missed your tell cuz I was asleep :p I'll be around today though, on and off.
heh no problem. I messaged the only Mentor who was in the area and he helped me get started

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
B.K. said:
How do I get a Chaos Torque for DRK? The Wiki just says Magian Moogle.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Torque

For the job emote quests you have to (I think) be on the job and then talk to one of the magian moogles in Ru'Lude Gardens. The one that gives out the items for Job Emote stuff is the first one you'll see.

2n9yrz4.png

Up at the Duke's palace.

ronito

So I decided that playing another windhurstian wasn't doing it for me. Created a bastokian this time. Much better. I've played Windhurst and Sandoria so Bastok is still new to me. Still dismayed at how few low level players there are. If someone wants to ls me my new character is iliketacos.

Updating POL and waiting for customer support to open. I had forgotten how jazzy the music is. If it's one thing that they did right on FFXI, it was the music.

Anslon said:
Updating POL and waiting for customer support to open. I had forgotten how jazzy the music is. If it's one thing that they did right on FFXI, it was the music.

Pfft, they did a ton right on FFXI. The music is just one of many things. ;)

Suikoguy

Lvl 14 now. New people, make sure you find the tutorial npc. It is very worth it.

ronito

So a few more questions.
Coming up on Level 10. When I played last the dunes was where all the cool kids went to start partying and level up. Is that still the case?

Also where do I get good equipment? I used to use the auction houses but now there's just a dearth of stuff there.

Shouta

Dunes is good but only if you're in a party at level 10, with the XP buff, I'd just poke around Konstacht or North Gustaberg for a little longer before you head that way as DC and EM mobs give a lot of XP now. Make sure you have signet on too as you'll benefit from the buffs.

As for gear, well there's not much good stuff. There's some basic stuff and some minor things that you can try to get on the AH but for the most part no one sells them in the cities anymore. If you want, one of us can try and get it for you from the Jeuno/Whitegate AH.

ronito

Shouta said:
Dunes is good but only if you're in a party at level 10, with the XP buff, I'd just poke around Konstacht or North Gustaberg for a little longer before you head that way as DC and EM mobs give a lot of XP now. Make sure you have signet on too as you'll benefit from the buffs.

As for gear, well there's not much good stuff. There's some basic stuff and some minor things that you can try to get on the AH but for the most part no one sells them in the cities anymore. If you want, one of us can try and get it for you from the Jeuno/Whitegate AH.
Thanks, so what should my plan be until level 18?

B.K.

I would say just level by yourself to around 15, then go to Dunes and party and solo until 25-28 and then head to Qufim.

Max

I am not Max
Ronito I have my character at 11 WAR and 10 WHM, we should totally party and hit the dunes

edit: at 15 ^

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:
You'll want to get your subjob before 20 and we can help ya with that if you want.

The Job PUP was made for!

Seriously though, If I didn't have the most awesome of all linkshells on Asura (land of the super Drama) I'd server swap and join you guys.

B.K.

I'm having trouble connecting. I get an error that says the network is busy. Is it just me or is anyone else having that problem?

B.K.

I see. I thought maybe they were doing maintenance, but I didn't remember seeing a notice the last time I logged on about it.

DrForester said:
The Job PUP was made for!

Seriously though, If I didn't have the most awesome of all linkshells on Asura (land of the super Drama) I'd server swap and join you guys.
I just reactivated and I think I am on Asura too. I moved when Odin offered migration a few years ago. I'm all alone out there! Is it a social link? I'm still updating, but I expect to be on later today.

ronito

Yeah I think it might've been a mistake to make Jeuno the main hub because the beginning areas are just completely desolate. There was a grand total of 3 people other than me an hour ago in Bastok. 3. And 2 were AFK.

Oh well, I'm at level 10 and starting on my second mission gotta get up to rank 5.

Funny though, I can see now that you can actually solo until level 15. Before when I played that would've been impossible, especially for a whm. I'm really glad they changed that.

Still I can imagine some of the new people logging in and thinking "This is an MMO? There's no one here!" It's gonna be a while until I get to actually play with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom