• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toth

I am doing my part to clear Ulbuka! The server took down the Firebrand Achuka this morning. I finally got lucky!

tlalpolani.png

Loona

I am doing my part to clear Ulbuka! The server took down the Firebrand Achuka this morning. I finally got lucky!

tlalpolani.png

Congrats!

Some folks in my LS did an Achuka run this weekend, but I wasn't able to join since I'm still short on bayld - any tips on getting some when you don't manage to get in a group doing stuff like Morimar reive grinds?

Apparently in a future update they'll recude the cost based on colonization rate or coalition standings, I'm not sure which - so if it's the latter, I'm thinking of grinding Scouts and Couriers assignments by just making supply runs to bivouacs and inspecting the Ergon Locus at the beach from the GEO quest, and if I find reives with a decent group working them along the way, all the better.
Still, not much of a payout until I unlock a few more possible tasks, I guess.

Loona

Loona, you can still do the Morimar runs w/o a group. Just kill the mobs the parties are targeting and avoid the turtles.

That assumes there are groups there - without a group, if the reives aren't empty there's either a pet job on the thing or a GEO corroding it with luopans - under those circumstances the only thing to do as MNK (my main, if likely undergeared by the standards of the day) is throw fully boisted Chi Blasts at the walk for about 200 damage every 5 minutes - there must be better ways to bayld up for the same amount of time...

So are we saying then that /SCH would be a better sub for SMN or BLM than /WHM or /RDM respectively? (Just started playing again. Don't know about /SCH - wasn't available when I used to play.)

EDIT: I should also add, that I can't decide whether to SMN or BLM as my main. Any advice? What's endgame like for both? I'm assuming soloing on BLM would be vexxing. Is either one in demand, etc?

Midou

- An issue wherein part of the tablecloth covering the table placed in the Mummers' Coalition would disappear depending on the camera angle.

A real game changer.

Edit: Dammit, mine just crashed while downloading the patch.

Kokonoe

Banned

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/RPGTess/tlalpolani.png?t=1367209492[IMG][/QUOTE]

How does it feel to be a god?

Thorakai

Looking through this thread has made me nostalgic. I played on Valefor as a Hume Dragoon back in the day but stopped playing shortly after the release of Aht Urhgan. Has job balance been addressed to a meaningful degree since then? I remember it being a bitch to find a party as a 2-handed damage dealer and being a loldrg didn't help matters (though lolpup also had a bad stigma at the time too.) Farthest I ever got was level 60 and most of those last few levels were gained soloing as /WHM and playing Ballista a lot. I don't plan to come back anytime soon as I don't want to be sucked back into an MMO again, but I'm curious at how much things changed for my beloved job.

Also do people play Ballista or Brenner at all anymore? I remember by the time I left there was only a few dedicated group of us playing the 40, 50, and 60 cap. So much fun.

isual

Looking through this thread has made me nostalgic. I played on Valefor as a Hume Dragoon back in the day but stopped playing shortly after the release of Aht Urhgan. Has job balance been addressed to a meaningful degree since then? I remember it being a bitch to find a party as a 2-handed damage dealer and being a loldrg didn't help matters (though lolpup also had a bad stigma at the time too.) Farthest I ever got was level 60 and most of those last few levels were gained soloing as /WHM and playing Ballista a lot. I don't plan to come back anytime soon as I don't want to be sucked back into an MMO again, but I'm curious at how much things changed for my beloved job.

Also do people play Ballista or Brenner at all anymore? I remember by the time I left there was only a few dedicated group of us playing the 40, 50, and 60 cap. So much fun.

Very easy to grind to 75 now; if you're a fresh player like me, maat will be your plateau.

Solo to 10 or so, head to gusgen mines for until 35, then crawlers nest until 60, then bosteunix obulette (sp) until whenever. You can literally job up in one day. Actually, you can do one area in one day, then you'll burn out

Haven't been to abyssea, but levelling there is vociferously faster (70 and above is ideal) .

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Someone should have stopped me before I picked Windurst as my starting city.

The horror.

Midou

I think Windurst has best theme and looks the nicest, I pick Sandy for convenience, Bastok always looked grey and dreary to me.

Miche

Neo Member
I just added myself and my boyfriend to the googledoc to get in line for a pearl :)

We just reactivated our accounts after two and a half years of taking a break from XI to play XIV. After seeing that deal at Gamer's Gate for $9.99 we figured it couldn't be passed up!

When we quit we were playing on Unicorn, which I guess has since been merged to Fenrir (boohoo ;_;). All of our old friends and linkshells are gone so, we decided to make the migration to Sylph since you all sound like a fun bunch to re-learn the game with.

Hope to see you guys in the game sometime soon!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It's exactly like I remember! Ah, the good 'ol days >_>
I should just take it as a sign that I should probably be doing productive things in the meantime. It's not working though. Staring at a patch downloader has been proven to make it work 20% faster.

Miche

Neo Member
I should just take it as a sign that I should probably be doing productive things in the meantime. It's not working though. Staring at a patch downloader has been proven to make it work 20% faster.

Not to mention that there's something mesmerizing about watching a progress bar!

Midou

Man I got into the patcher right at 3:30 EST when the maintenance ended. I got so much done so quickly, then right near the end of the patching, it crashed, and I have not even been able to sign in to POL since. :(

Worst part is I didn't know about maint, and got into a gusgen party literally 30 seconds before it went down. This is not my day. :p

Loona

So how do I get it ? will it drop off in my mail ?

also, is this reusable or a one time use only item ?

You can usually collect it from moogles in the starter cities, and they can be used a number of times - I wouldn't be surprised if you could get 11 uses out of that one.

I've finally checked those weapons... those things are seriously insane... triple digit damage...

isual

You can usually collect it from moogles in the starter cities, and they can be used a number of times - I wouldn't be surprised if you could get 11 uses out of that one.

I've finally checked those weapons... those things are seriously insane... triple digit damage...

ooo. I guess those weapons are so people can actually work on endgame content

Amneisac

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=final fantasy xi

Not quite as good of a deal as last time, but 50% off for each the Ultimate Collection and regular edition, so $20 for ultimate and $15 for regular.

So now I'm left pondering: the account I'm playing now doesn't have the SoA expansion, dare I spend $20 on it? I'm still a little cloudy on whether or not I'd even make it to the Andouin content before summertime at which point it would probably be a little cheaper.

So are we saying then that /SCH would be a better sub for SMN or BLM than /WHM or /RDM respectively? (Just started playing again. Don't know about /SCH - wasn't available when I used to play.)

EDIT: I should also add, that I can't decide whether to SMN or BLM as my main. Any advice? What's endgame like for both? I'm assuming soloing on BLM would be vexxing. Is either one in demand, etc?

Anybody on the subjob question? Mostly for SMN: WHM or SCH @ endgame?

isual

progress:

So I'm just playing the game and getting the subjobs, when's the best time to get Red for summoner ? I've already got the other 6 without actually looking for it.

Also, I've just got the dark knight quest and will be doing the 100 kills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom