• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to get in on that, but there's no way I can get 100,000 Bayld that fast.

It's doable, but you'll be in for a lot of running around. If you work on non combat stuff, completing quests, supplying bivouacs, lost articles, surveying ergon locus, you should be able to get a good chunk of that relatively quickly. Remember to spend imps individually if you're just grinding them out, you get more per imp that way. Do the remainder by finding a group doing reives.

Tip: Go for the monsters other people are fighting if you have trouble making points. You hit harder on the monsters, so scoring is easier.

B.K.

If you work on non combat stuff, completing quests, supplying bivouacs, lost articles, surveying ergon locus, you should be able to get a good chunk of that relatively quickly.

I've already done all the non combat quests I can do. I usually do supply runs to Bivouacs and Lost Article quests, but it's still really slow. I tried to do a Bivouac supply quest to Foret de Hennetiel, but I don't have Watercrafting.

I've already done all the non combat quests I can do. I usually do supply runs to Bivouacs and Lost Article quests, but it's still really slow. I tried to do a Bivouac supply quest to Foret de Hennetiel, but I don't have Watercrafting.

Do morimar instead then. Bivouac 2 has been down for a while and is accessible without passing any reives. Sneak will be necessary.

Caj814

Hey pancake,
I'm on my way to work right now but I was wondering if you could inform IHOP that I am planning a Morimar Wildskeeper Reive next Monday June 3rd. Gathering time will begin in the early evening hours 5-6pm CST and may just go all night considering the colonization rate effecting the monsters strength.

This run would also be a good opportunity for more people to get their Delve KI flagged and getting the potential drops from a good evaluation. I already started a list of people confirmed to be coming down and would appreciate any backup anyone is able to offer throughout the night. I will also be starting a thread on ffxiah to get the word out for anyone else on the server that needs it cleared

Hey pancake,
I'm on my way to work right now but I was wondering if you could inform IHOP that I am planning a Morimar Wildskeeper Reive next Monday June 3rd. Gathering time will begin in the early evening hours 5-6pm CST and may just go all night considering the colonization rate effecting the monsters strength.

This run would also be a good opportunity for more people to get their Delve KI flagged and getting the potential drops from a good evaluation. I already started a list of people confirmed to be coming down and would appreciate any backup anyone is able to offer throughout the night. I will also be starting a thread on ffxiah to get the word out for anyone else on the server that needs it cleared

I can add it to the calendar for the 3rd. I'll do a range from 6-7 EST? I probably won't be able to attend due to limbus with my other shell, but good luck!

Added. Also you should post on guildwork before you shout under #ffxi/sylph

Kinda want to get back into the game but with FFXIV:RR looming around the corner >.<

Guess I can always come back if FFXIV: RR doesn't work out.

Heads up!

Planning to level GEO tonight. It's currently around level 45. Looking for 5 other people with jobs in the 40+ range that they would like to do some leveling on. I'll be looking for folks around 7:00-8pm est ish to get started. Destination currently unknown, and will likely involve several camps and some roaming as we outgrow areas.

Some pretty big changes coming soon:

Targeting indicator adjustments for better indicating distance
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...a-Recognition-Adjustments?p=440598#post440598

Huge magic damage calculation changes / cast/recast normalization
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...emental-Magic-Adjustments?p=440583#post440583

1h and 2h stat bonus calculations normalized (this is huuuuuge)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...Ranged-Weapon-Adjustments?p=440577#post440577

Pet command enmity asjustments (this is to address blood pacts etc immediately pulling hate)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...to-Minimum-Enmity-Amounts?p=440573#post440573

And the moment you've all been waiting for - steal and despoil timers separated. Prepare to bust out your OP thief.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...l-Job-Ability-Adjustments?p=440588#post440588

Yeah, but who gave up most of his Steal+ gear hmm?

Also lol Mug still not split off.

Mug isn't on the same timer.....

Also "gave up" as in "doesn't carry all of it around constantly" I still keep a slot for thief's kote and relic +2 hat for that sweet aura stealing.

Seigyoku

Mug isn't on the same timer.....

Also "gave up" as in "doesn't carry all of it around constantly" I still keep a slot for thief's kote and relic +2 hat for that sweet aura stealing.

I FORGET MUG IS EVEN THERE.

I mean really.

And IIRC, you upgraded out of the Steal + hat and pants.

Midou

I kept trying to get on a few times but I have lost some of my will for it. Whenever I play I feel I should be job hunting, so I am going to end my subscription for now and get back on when I feel I am in a better position.

It's easier to play regular games for an hour at a time, but usually if I can get in a CN party or something I feel I need a good 3-4 hours to gain a good amount of levels, and even those parties I had trouble finding lately.

Will probably wait to see how XIV turns out, I'll have a free month in that at least(and generally seems easier to play a bit at a time), then I'll see after I am employed again. I certainly accomplished a lot more than usual, and I am really thankful to the people who helped me with stuff like the Limit Break quests and Rank missions.

Aumann

Hey guys, Donyell helped me with LB3 last night so I'd like to get some levels. Anyone interested in a Bostaunieux Oubliette party tonight around 6:30pm EST? I havent xpd there yet so I dont know the camp and pages people do.

ZetaEpyon

Hey guys, Donyell helped me with LB3 last night so I'd like to get some levels. Anyone interested in a Bostaunieux Oubliette party tonight around 6:30pm EST? I havent xpd there yet so I dont know the camp and pages people do.

What levels is Bostaunieux normally for now? I may be interested, but I'll probably be home a bit later than 6:30 est.

creid

Ack, I'm capped at 60 and need to do LB3. I desperately need a lot of skillups though, so I'll come along if you don't mind.

B.K.

I got in a group trying to kill Supernal Chapuli tonight. We probably could have won if he had a good tank. The leader found a Taru PLD and he couldn't survive long enough to beat it. We got it down to about 45% HP before it depoped.

Just got the last piece of the Karieyh armor set. Now I need to get enough Bayld to augment them.

They only get +HP on them so don't bother augmenting the pieces you use for WS only. Unless it's required to store them at a later date, it's not worth it.

B.K.

They only get +HP on them so don't bother augmenting the pieces you use for WS only. Unless it's required to store them at a later date, it's not worth it.

I'll probably be using them for a long time, so the HP+ augments will be useful for me. It may be what keeps me alive during Reive and Delve battles.

I'll probably be using them for a long time, so the HP+ augments will be useful for me. It may be what keeps me alive during Reive and Delve battles.

What I mean is, pieces like the hands or head (which have haste) would be good to augment, since you'll be wearing them a majority of the time, but the legs or feet would be silly since you shouldn't be fulltiming them and just swapping them in for weaponskills.

B.K.

You should start showing up to tuesday runs then!

I was around last night, but I felt horrible and didn't need to kill Crein Croin, so I logged early.

I've been selling a lot of stuff on the auction house the last couple weeks. I'm a millionaire now!

I was around last night, but I felt horrible and didn't need to kill Crein Croin, so I logged early.

I've been selling a lot of stuff on the auction house the last couple weeks. I'm a millionaire now!

Yay gil.

I was suggesting joining Tuesday runs in general, not just when you need things. That's kind of the point really. No pressure though! Do whatevs.

B.K.

I wish people would fight Kurma. I want the Delve Great Axe. Or at least get the key item so I can farm plasm and buy it.

centracore

Well, for better or for worse I've decided to get back into FFXI - hoping it will hold me over until PS4 launches. Picked up the Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition from Steam, it's downloading right now. I'm thinking that I'll probably roll a BLM/WHM/SMN on Sylph with the GAF crew.

Well, for better or for worse I've decided to get back into FFXI - hoping it will hold me over until PS4 launches. Picked up the Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition from Steam, it's downloading right now. I'm thinking that I'll probably roll a BLM/WHM/SMN on Sylph with the GAF crew.

Be sure to checkout some of the new/returning player stuff from the OP!

centracore

Are there any strategies for making gil early in the game? I've been keeping signet up and selling the crystals I get on the AH but I can't even keep up with vendor spells (33BLM/10WHM), any sort of equipment upgrade is very out of the question.

Are there any strategies for making gil early in the game? I've been keeping signet up and selling the crystals I get on the AH but I can't even keep up with vendor spells (33BLM/10WHM), any sort of equipment upgrade is very out of the question.

Crystals are decent money now that they are used to power teleports as well as crafting. Besides that, you could do low level pages for a gil bonus once an hour.

You're going to gain levels at such a fast rate you won't be able to keep up. Just get what you can when you can. It's sort of a byproduct of leveling becoming easier.

As far as gear goes, once you're a little more leveled, you can look into Race Specific Equipment (RSE) and Artifact (AF). Don't worry about gear too much till then. Try and focus on skill ups and leveling. Try to keep around a good weapon, but as a mage until the elemental staves are an option for you, don't have a lot of decent options.

If you need staves or wands I can craft them, just look up / acquire mats.

creid

Has anyone done LB3 recently enough to know if the Castle Oztroja part is more soloable now? There's a little note on Wikia that you might be able to solo the "light the candle and run to door" part because the door stays open longer now, but I'd like to be sure before I run all the way out there alone.

Edit: Had a couple screwups, but it is indeed soloable. They did lengthen the timer, as I was able to light the torch, cast Invisible, and still had time to get through the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom