• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I need some +2 stones, too. I used three or four normal stones and +2s and the best I could get was DMG+22.

Don't worry too much on these weapons since they are mostly a stepping stone to better stuff later. That gaxe is a great start towards other stuff. When skirmish II comes out, we'll be able to get a better idea of options.

B.K.

Here's what AF3 stuff I have. I'm going to go for WAR and DRK when we start +1 and +2 farming.

Ravager's Armor Set
Ravager's Calligae
Ravager's Mask+1
Ravager's Lorica
Ravager's Mufflers
Ravager's Cuisses+1

+1 Seals
None

+2 Items
Wieldance Stone - 6
Balance Stone - 3

Bale Armor Set
Bale Cuirass
Bale Flanchard
Bale Burgeonet+1
Balte Gauntlets+1
Bale Sollerets+1

+1 Seals
Body - 2
Hands - 2
Legs - 1

+2 Items
Ardor Coin - 1

+1 Items Needed
Ravager's Seal Feet - 8
Ravager's Seal Body - 10
Ravager's Seal Hands - 8

Bale Body Seal - 10
Bale Seal Legs - 8

+2 Items Needed
Stone of Vision - 6
Stone of Ardor - 9
Stone of Balance - 3
Stone of Voyage - 6

Coin of Vision - 6
Coin of Ardor - 8
Coin of Wieldance - 6
Coin of Balance - 6
Coin of Voyage - 6

ZetaEpyon

Question: Are we counting the accessories in the "full +2 set"?

Just want to know whether to take those into consideration when picking my jobs (since some are rather nice).

Yeah, we'll get those too. It's not like they take a long time. Lots of them are 100% drops too. I won't be focusing on the visions accessories though (There is literally nothing but the accessories for killing those mobs, and you can easily duo or trio), so if you want something from those zones sooner, feel free to start something on your own.

ZetaEpyon

I have a nice collection of statues from the bonanzas.
Otherwise... Miratete's Memoirs? A bit of free exp doesn't have the appeal it once did...

B.K.

I missed out on Seal and +2 farming. I was planning to come, but my internet connection died about 6:00 and didn't come back on until after 11:30. It seems like something always happens on Tuesdays that keeps me away from the LS events.

isual

ehhh. if i do come back it'll just be me levelling up the job from 1 to 75 , and probably do some of the main quests for 360 achievements. ehhh

Loona

Went on a Dynamis Lord run with my LS the other day - hadn't been to Dyna Xarcabard yet, so I wanted to see the remaining related cutscene, as all the other areas at one on entry.
I don't know if it's due to know getting the victory KI automatically instead of clicking the stop where the boss dies, but there's no completion CS, I guess? There was a speecial one on entry though, at least, and I guess I can get another atma out of it, but I did like that as endgame stuff goes, Dynamis had something of a plot factor to it beyond its loot farm factor.

I missed out on Seal and +2 farming. I was planning to come, but my internet connection died about 6:00 and didn't come back on until after 11:30. It seems like something always happens on Tuesdays that keeps me away from the LS events.

You actually didn't miss much. I didn't realize you had +1 heads already, and we didn't start +2's yet! Don't worry too much, I'm not switching zones till everyone is +2 everything.

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
btw, who can make it for a few cirdas runs on Thursday? Tomorrow Thursday.

Get home at 10 pm....again. So probably not :(

EDIT: By the way, how time/cost effective would it be for us to do some Skirmish runs for bayld only? I'm willing to buy some higher tier leg pieces so that we can just go in and get a bunch of it to fund wildskeeper reives/armor/whatever people buy with bayld if it's worth it.

Get home at 10 pm....again. So probably not :(

EDIT: By the way, how time/cost effective would it be for us to do some Skirmish runs for bayld only? I'm willing to buy some higher tier leg pieces so that we can just go in and get a bunch of it to fund wildskeeper reives/armor/whatever people buy with bayld if it's worth it.

I thought higher legs only gave you MORE noetic ascensions not higher value ones.

edit:

Bayld+ 5000 5500 6000 6500 7000

Those are the bayld values for higher leg tiers. Seems better to just spam T1 legs since they are cheaper. If you can put together runs for less than 60k that's 2gil:1bayld conversion assuming 10k per person x 6

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, it seems like spamming T1s would be more effective, since you can only pick Bayld once per run even with additional noetic ascensions.

Edit: Also, we can totally put together some free runs using login points. Works out to 1,500 points per run using all Tier 1 stuff.

Yeah, it seems like spamming T1s would be more effective, since you can only pick Bayld once per run even with additional noetic ascensions.

Edit: Also, we can totally put together some free runs using login points. Works out to 1,500 points per run using all Tier 1 stuff.

Not worth it, get your one of a kind chocobo +1 hat!

It's only like 60k gil for a pop anyway. Using all T1's, limbus costs more than skirmish atm.

creid

I was eyeing some of those Relic armor pieces available from the Login campaign. Are they worth going for, or is it easy to find stuff that outclasses it?

Also, what's the point of the Adoulin sheet music? And is teleporting to your local telepoint once a day really worth 2000 points?

I was eyeing some of those Relic armor pieces available from the Login campaign. Are they worth going for, or is it easy to find stuff that outclasses it?

Also, what's the point of the Adoulin sheet music? And is teleporting to your local telepoint once a day really worth 2000 points?

For relic you are better off just doing dynamis. It's not that hard, and it's mostly swap pieces for JA buffs nowadays anyway.

I use 2 pieces of relic +2 on thf for example, hands for TH and the head for stealing 2 buffs. The rest is obsolete.

I just want the cool hat because the rest of the things on the list can be easily obtained by playing the game normally. The hat will not be available elsewhere.

My mule will probably be getting some sky pops to finish my kirin set.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, I was looking at the relic stuff that I could get (and use), but most of those pieces just don't have the utility they once did. I'll probably be getting the hat on Talym, and putting together skirmish sets with my mules' points.

ZetaEpyon

I think you could only miss a day or two at most to still get enough points to get the +1 hat. Fortunately, it's not like it's some spectacular utility piece or something, and the NQ, as Pan mentioned, is very easy to get.

Leveling up Synergy didn't look like much fun though. I think I'm going to have a hard time passing up having 2 beastly shanks to sell.

I wonder if their availability in this campaign will affect the going rate...

I think you could only miss a day or two at most to still get enough points to get the +1 hat. Fortunately, it's not like it's some spectacular utility piece or something, and the NQ, as Pan mentioned, is very easy to get.

I wonder if their availability in this campaign will affect the going rate...

Most definitely.

Seigyoku

Leveling up Synergy didn't look like much fun though. I think I'm going to have a hard time passing up having 2 beastly shanks to sell.

Note you don't need Synergy leveled up. You need Synergy UNLOCKED, and someone else who DOES have Synergy leveled working with you.

Sooooooooooooooooooo All Item level 100+ gear is getting an update. BG has most the info here courtesy of slycer and the gang as per usual, but here are some highlights.

Manibozho Beret

Before:
DEF:45
DEX+10 INT+10 MND+10
Accuracy+12
Evasion+12
Haste+6%

After:
DEF:80 HP+25
STR+13 DEX+12 VIT+4 AGI+6 INT+13 MND+5
Accuracy+15
Evasion+19 Magic Evasion+49
Magic Defense +2
Haste+6%

Rigor Baghnakhs
Before:
DMG+101 Delay+60
Accuracy+15
Automaton: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+20

After:
DMG+90 Delay+60
Hand-to-hand skill+162 Guard skill+162
Automaton: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+20

Thurandaut Tights
DEF:51
STR+9 VIT+5 AGI+17 INT+9 MND+5 CHR+3
Ranged Accuracy+17
Magic Evasion+27
Enmity-5

Basically get ready for all your new toys to get even better than they already are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom