• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

I'm only like two hours in, and the game is impressing me gameplay-wise.

The story is also bordering X-2's hilariousness (though it might be unintentional) . Noel is totally going to bang Serah...

EDIT: The framerate is a travesty.

Grisby

The choco feather lady doesn't sound too annoying. I was expecting something truly awful from reading some of the comments. Mog's is worse then her's by far (and so far even his/her's? is tolerable).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm only like two hours in, and the game is impressing me gameplay-wise.

The story is also bordering X-2's hilariousness (though it might be unintentional) . Noel is totally going to bang Serah...

EDIT: The framerate is a travesty.

The only bad framerate I've had is in Sunleth and I think that was due to the Flans. Other than that, it's fine. Why is this getting worked over? It's the same issue in GFAQs as well. I just don't get it.

Mmmmm, hello anyone?

Hmmm, little help please?

Augustia Tower
300 AF.... I reached the top and fixed the hacking problem then what? The elevetor needs some kind of key to go up any further, but i have no idea where to go or what to do :/

I heard something about the same tower 200 AF but how to get there?

neoism

also this game is harder for me . I didn't die once in 13. But I think I keep going ahead like with the flan... I got their really early and died like 10 times lol. :/

The only bad framerate I've had is in Sunleth and I think that was due to the Flans. Other than that, it's fine. Why is this getting worked over? It's the same issue in GFAQs as well. I just don't get it.

It looks like 20 FPS. Maybe It's more an issue of my old PS3. Perhaps it needs a good swabbing.

jimmypython

so guys can you lvl 99 every monster...

nope...

early peaker: lv.20 max (however DLC Amoda and Lightening will be lv. 13 max), only 1 sphere broad
well grown: lv. 30, lv. 45, lv. 60, sphere board levels 1~2 times
late bloomer: lv. 70 and lv. 99, sphere board levels 3~4 times

So my FFXIII-2 pre-order from GAME still says unshipped and I have no message saying its been dispatched.

After the rumors going about with how they aren't getting stock (despite their statements saying otherwise) my patience is wearing thin.

I am on the verge of cancelling the pre-order and just getting it on the day from Blockbusters. I just want XIII-2 on Friday, don't care about the "exclusive pre-order DLC content" anymore.

This is so frustrating, one year of waiting and this GAME fiasco just had to happen this week. Even worse when people in the UK who ordered from other online sites already got the game today :(

Toth

nope...

early peaker: lv.20 max (however DLC Amoda and Lightening will be lv. 13 max), only 1 sphere broad
well grown: lv. 30, lv. 45, lv. 60, sphere board levels 1~2 times
late bloomer: lv. 70 and lv. 99, sphere board levels 3~4 times

Where was it mentioned they will only be lvl 13 max, if I may ask?

ollin

Bresha Ruins 005 took me a bit of time trying to get every fragment and other items. Not sure if I prefer capturing monsters or this.

Famassu

Ugh, I usually don't have a hard time waiting for my orders from UK, but now I have both RE: Revelaitons and XIII-2's Crystal Edition on their way and it might take a few more days for Revelations and more than a week for XIII-2 to make their way to Finland. Reading all these positive impressions ain't making the wait easy.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Just checked the DLC main menu item and I keep getting 'maintenance' or 'failed to connect' errors. Updating?

Edit: Finally connected, nothing there. Woops.

Also just did that mog-toss-to-atlas-hand thing. I guess a Chocobo is the more obvious way, but this is way more fun.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Is anyone else besides me using a Noel/Serah-only party and just using monsters in special circumstances (ex: if either party member is solo for whatever reason)?

How did you get in the lv 40s with their roles just at Bresha Ruins?

And I like Serah's default outfit, for varying reasons.
Not that difficult to level up in this game.

Do bear in mind that I'm using a Noel/Serah-only party, so that's why I'm doing it, lol.

Here is what I think on leveling up

1. Most important
General: Try to get additional ATB bars (max is 5)
Serah: Max out RAV, including Role Level Up
Noel: Max out Com, Including Role Level Up

2. Semi important

You will barely need SEN/MED/SAB in the main story (only at the end, if at all). And in general there are not too many enemies that require having these roles. Best is probably to get SEN for Noel and MED for Serah. You dont need to max the roles out, but getting all skills and at least one role level up comes in handy. Then get at least one of them to learn SAB (or both). I always used a monster as RAV so I didnt level up Noels RAV, but you cam obviously do that too.

3. Whatever
Max out whatever is left (SYN should be last).
Get SYN for both: Your characters are useless as SYN, monsters clearly excel your characters so its better to go with a monster.
More weight?: Dunno what its called but accs are kind of useless in the game, there are only a couple of enemies where acc come in handy, but in general the game is so easy that you dont need better accs.
Totally agree with all of this, especially if you're using a monster.

burgerdog

I really don't like rav so I'm using the big nodes on com for Serah as well. Rav is just too weak and only worth using for monsters that need to be staggered. Once that's done just go all com.

Esura

Banned
Is anyone else besides me using a Noel/Serah-only party and just using monsters in special circumstances (ex: if either party member is solo for whatever reason)?

Not that difficult to level up in this game.

Do bear in mind that I'm using a Noel/Serah-only party, so that's why I'm doing it, lol.

Totally agree with all of this, especially if you're using a monster.

I'm trying to build a slightly balanced team of monsters with Noel and Serah being a bit versatile in all roles while still being somewhat focused in three roles.

It seems almost too hard to play this game without monsters. I like them.

theDeeDubs

I was all set to hold out a bit on this, but the Amazon deal was too good to pass up. Has there been any updates on when we can expect the Ezio outfit? Not really feeling his default.

rataven

These trophies seem easy. They've been popping left and right for doing a 'significant' amount of things, like staggering. And I just left New Bodhum! Yup, going for the platinum.

Man, I really hate this town. I went to K-mart (only place around to buy games) and they only had 2 copies of the 360 version in stock :(

Guess I've still got a bit of a wait before I get my hands on this ._.

RPGCrazied

This is going to take me awhile. I'm almost 14hours in, and only have 22 fragments. Trying to find this outdoor watch is driving me crazy, even with the guide!

RPGCrazied

A maxed out Pulsework Knight and Delta Attack style, and just potion heal. It lasted like 10mins. It's a rare drop though. Some get it fast, but it took me over 30 fights trying to get one. Thankfully doing that, I got 99 potent bolts, and maxed him.

The guide recommends it, so you can get mog throw earlier.

burgerdog

A maxed out Pulsework Knight and Delta Attack style, and just potion heal. It lasted like 10mins. It's a rare drop though. Some get it fast, but it took me over 30 fights trying to get one. Thankfully doing that, I got 99 potent bolts, and maxed him.

The guide recommends it, so you can get mog throw earlier.

Off to capture a Knight, then!

Brannon

Redeemed a Target gift card and now I'm in the mix. And the only thing I have to say so far is...

Is this Final Fantasy's take on Chrono Trigger?

It totally could be.

Just sayin'.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
"quick" + "free" don't exist in Square-Enix's vocab. International ed. will probably have an easiest mode.

Well the Japanese version of XIII did get a free easy mode added down the line. But I agree.. They've really discovered paid DLC this time around.

Still not sure where to go from
Angustia Tower, I'm fighting a Cie'th for a fragment but its kicking my ass. Its the Gorgyra Cie'th. Any Help? And its in Yaschas Massif

^ Not really spoilers..still in Chapter 3, just confused and getting beat really bad

Top Bottom