• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

RPGCrazied

Well, I don't even see the box in either time, but I'm 3/4, and 4/5 in both times. The other one I'm missing is the C'ieth battle that kicks my ass. Do I have to fight that first?

I'm confused.

bubnbob

Banned
LOL.

Just play the game the way you want to play it. I'm using Sab and Syn liberally, and used them quite liberally in the original XIII.

I think there's a better MED monster in AF003 New Bodhum in the Shallows area, but it's apparently a rare encounter or something?

I was playing how I play it. I have most jobs leveled evenly, with a slight bump in COM/RAV, and I pumped some monsters. I dunno what I'm doing wrong, so I'm just grinding out some points I guess, since I got nowhere else to go.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Hmm, while farming for this Chocobo, an enemy appeared as a small black hole? Is it just a rare encounter? It wasn't that hard and didn't drop anything special.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I bought the items at Yaschas. My only MED is the Cait Sith which frankly is doodoo.

And I have both SAB and SYN but the internet told me they are crappy cause this game is so easy

The game is easy. 3RAV and 3COM. All you need. The game doesn't penalize you like it did XIII for making stupid paradigms. Well... not as much at least.

rataven

How do I change my party leader? I know it's probably obvious, but I'm not seeing how. Just arrived in Lake Bresha, if that matters.

bubnbob

Banned
How do I change my party leader? I know it's probably obvious, but I'm not seeing how. Just arrived in Lake Bresha, if that matters.

It tells you when you can.

The game is easy. 3RAV and 3COM. All you need. The game doesn't penalize you like it did XIII for making stupid paradigms. Well... not as much at least.

You guys should probably point out the fact you jacked up your crystarium first. Cause I dunno how 3 RAV or 3 COM can handle the giant flan with all the damage it dishs.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You guys should probably point out the fact you jacked up your crystarium first. Cause I dunno how 3 RAV or 3 COM can handle the giant flan with all the damage it dishs.

Sorry, forgot triple Sentinel as well and I use it whenever I can.

akenatone

I am really liking this game. I just wish we had party members instead of monsters and more balanced/difficult battles. Still fun otherwise.

RPGCrazied

And I'm a fucking moron. :p I was looking at 010 and 01X for like 2 hours. :( I must've missed doing Bresha Ruins. I wanted to get all these other fragments before starting it. I went ahead and got 2 fragments in here, and it opened up the 110 version of Yaschas. :)

Meier

Serah's cleavage is :O. Hope I can change that outfit soon so I avoid nasty looks from my girlfriend..

What the heck did they do to the Crystarium?!

RS4-

After over an hour of farming, I give up. No green chocobo medic for me tonight.
Get a flanitor when you get the chance. Shows up way more often than the green choco

Did get two different blue chocobos for whatever reason. Didn't think you could actually have two at the same time.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Loving the game so far. I'm just past the fighting Anima JR part, love the soundtrack and ambiance inside the beach house.

RPGCrazied

And people moaned about this game being easy. I don't think its THAT easy. I've already met a few things I can't kill. Mostly optional stuff, but w/e.

burgerdog

Bu-bu-bu-but Edge said they let the game play itself and never died. Because regular battles have always been hard in jrpgs, right?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I thought the game was easy... but then, I don't avoid encounters and search all over so that could have been part of it.

Btw, the DLC will work across different accounts on PS3. I downloaded it on my account and was able to use it on another.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, while farming for this Chocobo, an enemy appeared as a small black hole? Is it just a rare encounter? It wasn't that hard and didn't drop anything special.
Yup rare mobs show up as black hole thingies.

burgerdog

I thought the game was easy... but then, I don't avoid encounters and search all over so that could have been part of it.

Btw, the DLC will work across different accounts on PS3. I downloaded it on my account and was able to use it on another.

Only the giant flan made me change my normal tactics so far. I also explore as much as I can, I'm about 7 hours in and just reached Sunleth. Oh, there was this flying enemy in Bresha that was one shotting all my roles except sentinel, that's the only time I've had to use delta outside of the flan boss.

aceface

Difficulty seems about on par with FF13 so far to me, but I am avoiding a lot of battles. Still, there's some challenging bosses on here. Nowhere near FF7 level easy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Only the giant flan made me change my normal tactics so far. I also explore as much as I can, I'm about 7 hours in and just reached Sunleth. Oh, there was this flying enemy in Bresha that was one shotting all my roles except sentinel, that's the only time I've had to use delta outside of the flan boss.

Here is my great widsom:

Make your main monsters a healer, a defender, and one as an attacker. Use a defender more often than not. As soon as you get the improved mog throw, go get chichu from the Archylte Steppe.

RS4-

Regarding reviews about how easy the game is/was; maybe they played through the import already and knew what to expect? Maybe they had a game guide or walkthrough available to them?

I figure that if you're going in blind and playing this like a typical player, you'd be exploring a lot more just to figure out where to go next.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Regarding reviews about how easy the game is/was; maybe they played through the import already and knew what to expect? Maybe they had a game guide or walkthrough available to them?

I figure that if you're going in blind and playing this like a typical player, you'd be exploring a lot more just to figure out where to go next.

My playthrough the first time was still quite easy. Only difficulty I had was on the final boss.

Good lord. Got a Pulsework Knight after my second try, maxed it out, and it's taking hits like a friggin' champ. @_@

Speaking on the difficulty, I've had a pretty challenging time so far. Particularly going through the Archylte Steppe. Ran into a Goblin party and they pretty much forced me to hit Retry and run away. >_> And
Faeryl
thrashed me the first time, and the second took nearly 15 minutes to beat him.

RPGCrazied

Erm, did you leave Sunleth and defeat the dragon in Archytle to weaken the king flan?

Nope. I think I'm about to go there actually. I just found the Coliseum and got the fragment and now going back to Sunleth. Good to know you can weaken him. :) What about that C'ieth?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nope. I think I'm about to go there actually. I just found the Coliseum and got the fragment and now going back to Sunleth. Good to know you can weaken him. :) What about that C'ieth?

Remind me where that one is again?

If you beat the giant flan without weakening him, you'll get a paradox ending.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm the same way.

I never ever run away from battles in any RPG. It's do or die.

Plus don't you have to fill out the maps and get 100% on them for fragments, anyway?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

Crud, really? Oh well, I can barely manage fighting him even after weakening.

And about that kichu / chichu mob, did you level it up via that popular guide method that is floating around, or is it a great COM regardless? I don't want to sacrifice my poor green chocobo medic for that 'build'.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Crud, really? Oh well, I can barely manage fighting him even after weakening.

And about that kichu / chichu mob, did you level it up via that popular guide method that is floating around, or is it a great COM regardless? I don't want to sacrifice my poor green chocobo medic for that 'build'.

It's a great one regardless, but I did level it up with the guide and it became better than Serah and Noel.

I beat the giant flan unweakened during the post game... it was really easy at that point. Same with Atlas.

RPGCrazied

It's at Yaschas Massif 01X AF.

The guide suggests a Mud Frog, Cloudburst and Flanitor. Suggets Serah at least has 2,500 HP and Noel 3,000HP. I guess I'm not meant to fight it now. This is the C'ieth fight.

I'll go weaken him, the big flan, then close the gate when I'm stronger and take him on without him being weakened?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's at Yaschas Massif 01X AF.

The guide suggests a Mud Frog, Cloudburst and Flanitor. Suggets Serah at least has 2,500 HP and Noel 3,000HP. I guess I'm not meant to fight it now. I'll go weaken him, the big flan, then close the gate when I'm stronger and take him on without him being weakened?

Fight it later on. You can't weaken it before hand.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I usually don't run away either, but I'm finding the encounter rate a little high, and it's becoming tempting. Sometimes I just want to chill and stroll around, but nope! dam mog clock pops up.

Luckily, later on you get a fragment skill that lets you turn the encounter rate up or down.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yes, a good chunk of the fragments in Academia AF400 are map completion ones.
Thanks for the info. :D

Which guide did you use for the Kichu build?

I usually don't run away either, but I'm finding the encounter rate a little high, and it's becoming tempting. Sometimes I just want to chill and stroll around, but nope! dam mog clock pops up.
I know what you mean. It's lame when you're exploring.

But the encounter rate when I'm grinding feels a little low, lol. (Still in Bresha Ruins. I'm actually grinding for the Clock Stopper trophy, but I went back to New Bodhum for the invisible fragment, so that took a bit of time too. I forgot you can just exit to the Historia Crux without running back to the Gate.)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thanks for the info. :D

Which guide did you use for the Kichu build?

But the encounter rate when I'm grinding feels a little low, lol. (Still in Bresha Ruins. I'm actually grinding for the Clock Stopper trophy, but I went back to New Bodhum for the invisible fragment, so that took a bit of time too. I forgot you can just exit to the Historia Crux without running back to the Gate.)

http://blog.game-de.com/ff13-2/f132-mons/

rataven

But the encounter rate when I'm grinding feels a little low, lol. (Still in Bresha Ruins. I'm actually grinding for the Clock Stopper trophy.)
That's where I'm at too. What do you have to do for Clock Stopper? Sounds like it's looking for preemptive attacks maybe? I've earned a bunch of trophies without trying, but that's one I've yet to get.

Top Bottom