• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh, I forgot about Mog for a minute kupo. The worst part of the game by far, kupo, is the voice acting and dialogue of Mog, kupo.

Koowpow, not Kupo.

Mognet

Anyone that can offer a suggestion in regard to the content of the limited (artbook, postcards etc) vs the content of the steelbook (novel, downloadable stuff etc)?

I'd say limited ed. is the way to go. The steelbook isn't very attractive and the novel is only 20 pages long.

Mognet

What? No, he was the best part of the game. I fucking love him. He is so cute!

I ended up liking him after the
Bresha Ruins money scene
(can't think of the time period off the top of my head). The little gestures he makes are adorable!

laika09

Anyone have a good Gold/Silver Chocobo build lying around?

Use potent materials -- you need 800 str for max speed, 800 mag for max stamina, and 5000 HP for max RP.

For Silver, infuse with level 1 Pulse Gladiator for second wind, level 1 Cactuar for sprinter, and level 24 Microchu for dark horse, marathoner and health nut (this one will stick your betting odds at 2.2 for virtually every race). Always set strategy as the fourth chocobo head (stay behind the pack), and use boost when Blue Streak activates.

For Gold, infuse a level 1 Metalligantuar instead of the Pulse Gladiator, then do the rest. Set strategy as the second chocobo head.

There's a few other useful abilities but you'll never need them.

Toth

Having just finished -Academia 400 AF, I wonder how much harder the game would had been if most of us have not played and mastered 13's battle system. All the useful strategies that worked in FF13 work well here.

Of course, I won't touch Lord Chichu until after I beat the game since he does seem way too OP and I want some challenge :D

Having just finished -Academia 400 AF, I wonder how much harder the game would had been if most of us have not played and mastered 13's battle system. All the useful strategies that worked in FF13 work well here.

Of course, I won't touch Lord Chichu until after I beat the game since he does seem way too OP and I want some challenge :D

Still pretty easy. I'm not finding myself having to do any of what I did in XIII. Pretty much every normal enemy has been beaten by my party of 2 CMOS and one RAV. Maybe I need to switch to healing ounce in a blue moon.

StuBurns

Banned
I hope Kagari finds that thing about Nomura's role in XIII, I'd love to know, I can't imagine a more Nomuraesque design than Lightning really.

I hope Kagari finds that thing about Nomura's role in XIII, I'd love to know, I can't imagine a more Nomuraesque design than Lightning really.
I know right!

I actually specifically remember Nomura saying he had to design Lightning with the instruction that "She must seem like a female Cloud"; surely that means he fully designed her.

xxczx

Academia 400 AF is both a joke and a chore.
I know the whole reason for the mass amounts of battles is because the city is being taken over by the fal'Cie
but to make them about 5 seconds to 1 minute long without even changing paradigms is ridiculous

Still a nice city though - shame on the battles.

I think most of FFXIII's character designs are only so-so, but Lightning (and Noctis and Stella, for that matter) is some of my favorite work that he's done in a long time. I think he's come out the other end of his most flamboyant era (FFX, FFX-2, KH 1+2, Dirge of Cerberus) and an occasional flirtation with much more muted uniforms/monochrome (Advent Children, the black KH series raincoats, also some parts of Dirge of Cerberus) and come back to a somewhat newer version of his style that's much more restrained but still very expressive - sort of like his work on FF8 and Parasite Eve, but more artistically mature than that. Obviously the KH series is going to stick with its own already-established PS2-era style for the foreseeable future, but I think Nomura's character designs are already pretty clearly a lot less of the whole zipper-and-belt thing that he was mocked for in the PS2 era.

Westonian

Academia 400 AF is both a joke and a chore.
I know the whole reason for the mass amounts of battles is because the city is being taken over by the fal'Cie
but to make them about 5 seconds to 1 minute long without even changing paradigms is ridiculous

Still a nice city though - shame on the battles.

Don't forget the awesome 2-3CP rewards from the battles! Totally worth it!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I never bothered with the Fencer. Well rather, I did bother, but once the 5% crystal drop rate wasn't working out for me, I gave up and never infused.

huggles

Neo Member
I think it was reiterated a couple of times during FF13 release that Nomura designed Lightning, Sazh, Hope, Vanille, Fang, Serah, Pope and Cid.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Pope and Cid.

You sure about this? They don't look like characters I would expect from him honestly... mhhh... I may be wrong though.

edit. I thought they've been made by Nao Ikeda considering how similar they look to Jihl and Yaag, but wikia states that she didn't draw them. Strange.

RPGCrazied

I still can't believe out of 60 hours, I don't have the pendagram shifts trophy, and just how long do you need to ride this chocobo for his tropy? Is it accumulative? or do I need to stay on it for 2 hours?

huggles

Neo Member
You sure about this? They don't look like characters I would expect from him honestly... mhhh... I may be wrong though.

edit. I thought they've been made by Nao Ikeda considering how similar they look to Jihl and Yaag, but wikia states that she didn't draw them. Strange.

I think the ultimanias state who did what in their character concept portion explicity, but during the release hype of 13 there were interviews here and there that said those 8 were handled by Nomura.

Carbonox

I think I accidentally initiated end-game. :lol The "point of no return" as it were. I know it asked me if I was sure to go but I didn't think it would happen as I still have like 10+ blank spots in the Historia Crux that I haven't unlocked.

Will they be unlocked at some point?

Goli

I think I accidentally initiated end-game. :lol The "point of no return" as it were. I know it asked me if I was sure to go but I didn't think it would happen as I still have like 10+ blank spots in the Historia Crux that I haven't unlocked.

Will they be unlocked at some point?

That whole point of no return is a lie, since you go to the Historia Crux right before the final dungeon.
And yes, assuming you keep playing. Some you can't unlock till after you beat the game since they have to do with paradox endings.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was using an incomplete guide yesterday. It did not go well, I spent 30-45 minutes and didn't even complete the one terminal i was trying. I have the ce guide...must not open it!

Just type the question into google and you'll get the answer, that's all I did.

Locke_211

So I've levelled Serah's RAV up to 60 or so and there's no 'next available skill' - does that mean she's learnt all she can and I should start levelling some other roles, or will she still learn new spells?

Carbonox

That whole point of no return is a lie, since you go to the Historia Crux right before the final dungeon.
And yes, assuming you keep playing. Some you can't unlock till after you beat the game since they have to do with paradox endings.

Oh really? That's awesome, thanks. I was so sad to be "at the end" so abruptly. Now I can rejoice.

Does anyone remember how to get to Yaschas Massif -110 AF-?
I haven't unlocked it in the Historia Crux yet, where do I have to go to unlock it?

Robin64

Oerba 300 and Oerba 400
have been an utter chore. Who thought these puzzles were such a good idea they'd give you a massive bunch of them all in one go? Horrible.

RPGCrazied

Oerba 300 and Oerba 400
have been an utter chore. Who thought these puzzles were such a good idea they'd give you a massive bunch of them all in one go? Horrible.

I didn't mind the connect the dot ones, but the later clock ones were fucking annoying, despite what people say.

Amir0x

Banned
Fuck me. I just found out that my fiancee purchased me FFXIII-2 for Valentine's Day. She saw my copy of FFXIII on the shelf and thought I'd want it because of that -_-

I guess it's free and I promised myself I get the game when it was price dropped to ten cents, but I would have preferred Darkness 2 :/

Of course I acted like this when I found out: :D :D JUST WHAT I WANTED YEEEEE :D :D

(Inside my head: "oh god no..." D: )

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You know, if the mogs talked in the older FFs, we'd probably get annoyed too. :p
The chocobos are probably one of the few creatures we can't get annoyed at at all.
If this were FFXII, the voice direction would've been awesome. Nasally-speaking mogs aren't very awesome. :/

How long did it take you to get the Strategist trophy, btw? Since I've been using 2 people and ATB Cancelling liberally, I switched Optimas a lot and I still haven't gotten it yet.

Oh, I forgot about Mog for a minute kupo. The worst part of the game by far, kupo, is the voice acting and dialogue of Mog, kupo.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh... *plugs ears*

Use potent materials -- you need 800 str for max speed, 800 mag for max stamina, and 5000 HP for max RP.

For Silver, infuse with level 1 Pulse Gladiator for second wind, level 1 Cactuar for sprinter, and level 24 Microchu for dark horse, marathoner and health nut (this one will stick your betting odds at 2.2 for virtually every race). Always set strategy as the fourth chocobo head (stay behind the pack), and use boost when Blue Streak activates.

For Gold, infuse a level 1 Metalligantuar instead of the Pulse Gladiator, then do the rest. Set strategy as the second chocobo head.

There's a few other useful abilities but you'll never need them.
Oh wow, that was more detailed than I had anticipated. Thank you very much. That's very helpful. :D

Fuck me. I just found out that my fiancee purchased me FFXIII-2 for Valentine's Day. She saw my copy of FFXIII on the shelf and thought I'd want it because of that -_-

(Inside my head: "oh god no..." D: )
Poor Amir0x. If it's any consolation, you might not hate Noel. You might dislike everything else, though, knowing your taste.

If this were FFXII, the voice direction would've been awesome. Nasally-speaking mogs aren't very awesome. :/

How long did it take you to get the Strategist trophy, btw? Since I've been using 2 people and ATB Cancelling liberally, I switched Optimas a lot and I still haven't gotten it yet.

Would it be possible to get that trophy only 13 hours into the game?

As I'm not 100% sure but I could swear that I got that trophy and I was 13 hours into the game when my PS3 hit the bucket.

froliq

So I've levelled Serah's RAV up to 60 or so and there's no 'next available skill' - does that mean she's learnt all she can and I should start levelling some other roles, or will she still learn new spells?
No more spells. You'll still get stats though.

Amir0x

Banned
I
Poor Amir0x. If it's any consolation, you might not hate Noel. You might dislike everything else, though, knowing your taste.

Why would I like Noel? FFXIII is probably one of the worst written things ever, and I'm sure FFXIII-2 is even worse. If anything, this works in FFXIII-2's favor because there's no way I'd ever go into it expecting anything other than written and verbal diarrhea. I'm no fool.

I played the demo and it felt something like stabbing my nuts repeatedly with a rusty steak knife, so I'm sure you're right.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Why would I like Noel? FFXIII is probably one of the worst written things ever, and I'm sure FFXIII-2 is even worse. If anything, this works in FFXIII-2's favor because there's no way I'd ever go into it expecting anything other than written and verbal diarrhea. I'm no fool.

I played the demo and it felt something like stabbing my nuts repeatedly with a rusty steak knife, so I'm sure you're right.

Man..this brings back memories from the FF13 OT right after release.

neoism

I actually got all FFXIII achievements in 82 hours. I would say that it can take 75-100 hours. Agreed on the easier trophies/achievements in XIII-2 though. I thought they were a lot more fun to get and I got all of them in 58 hours.

Which is quick for a Final Fantasy game, but with Armalur coming out at the end of this week this is not a bad thing for me.

13 for me was long not sure how you guys beat it so quick... those stupid turtles didn't drop shit for 20 hours. I only didn't know you could sell your accessories and they would still count to the trophies lol I had like 10m il at the end. I could have knocked 30 hours if I'd have known that, It was fun though I looooved 13.

neoism

dYs6a.gif

its my second favorite FF ever. :p

This one is good, at least I have a ff to play. Because Verses will be out in like 1234 years. :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Noel isn't annoying, and compared to everyone else, he's written well, and his dialogue can be great depending on what you choose (in that he thinks other things like Mog and
Snow
are annoying). He's better developed than XIII's characters, imo.

The rest of it, I don't think you'll like at all. Did you read the spoiler thread?

Anyone sad that Rygdea didn't pop up at all?
I swear he was in a datalog entry, but instead of Amodar,
he should've been Daddy Bear because at least I'd know who he was.

Would it be possible to get that trophy only 13 hours into the game?

As I'm not 100% sure but I could swear that I got that trophy and I was 13 hours into the game when my PS3 hit the bucket.
Not sure. I beat the game and I still haven't gotten it. :|

I should just start every battle with a crappy Optima and just switch them constantly until I get it.

laika09

Anyone sad that Rygdea didn't pop up at all?

He did get a shout-out in a fragment entry. Something about
convincing everyone how evil the Sanctum was once Cocoon fell, thereby legitimizing/popularizing the Academy as the new de facto government.

Top Bottom