• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

ZenaxPure

yeah but holy shit, story wise it's like half the length of the other FF titles. wow!

To be fair I think it's more in line with older FF games. I recently went back and played some of the pre-PS2 games and not many of those are particularly long, there is just a lot of side stuff to do, similar to FFXIII-2.

Actually just finished FFV again and I think my final play time was not even 20 hours.

Honestly I wish Square would take this approach again with their games. I would gladly give up 20 or so hours of story stuff in favor of more games per generation. The gaps in release between FFX through XIII is far larger than the gaps between VII, VIII, and IX or even IV through VI.

Feels like they are trying to pack way more content into the modern games, and maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have shorter and different experiences since it allows for different people at Square to do their own thing.

Neki

I really liked the final boss battle though, it was very well done. Difficulty was fun, required most of my paradigms and it had a really epic feel to it.

hamchan

yeah but holy shit, story wise it's like half the length of the other FF titles. wow!

Yeah it's pretty short. I think I'd rather have this and a lot of side stuff, rather than FFXIII with next to no side stuff. Of course, I remember FFVII and VIII being long and having a ton of side stuff too :-/

Yeah it's pretty short. I think I'd rather have this and a lot of side stuff, rather than FFXIII with next to no side stuff. Of course, I remember FFVII and VIII being long and having a ton of side stuff too :-/

With this game's story, I think being short was a godsend.

The longer a game is, the more potential it has to convolute itself.

abrack08

I just beat it, and my time was 39 hours. I do have 130 fragments, but I never felt like I was going out of my way to do side stuff or pad the game. I just played it how I wanted to, and it came in at 39 hours. To platinum it will probably end up being 50-60 hours, I don't see how anyone could complain.

RDreamer

I don't mind the length. I suppose if a main FF was this short I might be slightly disappointed, but I give this a pass because it's a sequel/spin off thing. I'd accept a 30-35 hour main FF, though. That's really only a couple hours longer than this, so I guess it's not really a big deal. That length just feels right for an rpg nowadays. It's long enough that it still has meat, but is short enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome.

laika09

I remember when I used to be younger than most Final Fantasy protagonists.

Boy does time sure change things. ;D

I remember being so psyched that I was the same age as Vaan when that game came out. Then as it turns out, real time progresses substantially faster than SE's development cycle.

Goli

I'm still young so, yeah....sucks for you guys. :D

I'm the same age as Serah in FFXIII-2.

I'm turning 18 this Thursday but I feel like I'm just a few years away from being part of the elderly for some reason. No offense to anyone older than me >:.

lol, I guess I'll start being older than most JRPG protagonists pretty soon :(
Not long 'til I'm 21

I'm okay with that, though, they can keep making everyone 18-21 or whatever.

Esura

Banned
I'm turning 18 this Thursday but I feel like I'm just a few years away from being part of the elderly for some reason. No offense to anyone older than me >:.

Well, happy birthday just in case I don't run across you on the board then. 18 is a good year, but 21 is a better year if you know what I mean. :)

How old is Noel anyways? I know Serah is 21 so is Noel 21 too?

Well, happy birthday just in case I don't run across you on the board then. 18 is a good year, but 21 is a better year if you know what I mean. :)

How old is Noel anyways? I know Serah is 21 so is Noel 21 too?

Noel is 18. Snow asks Noel when they meet.

Edit: dammit beaten so fast

rataven

Psssh, youngins up in here! I may be a bit older than y'all but a well-written character's age hardly bothers me. Better hang up my gaming badge once it does, cause they certainly aren't going to age along with me.

Esura

Banned
People post at rapid pace on this board. I don't know if this classifies as spoilers so I'm just going to spoiler it anyways.

Anyone laugh when
Snow calls Serah and Noel "kids"? Snow be rockin' the cradle.

Aeana

Psssh, youngins up in here! I may be a bit older than y'all but a well-written character's age hardly bothers me. Better hang up my gaming badge once it does, cause they certainly aren't going to age along with me.

The age doesn't bother me, it just factors into whether or not I can understand why people are crushing on a certain character or not. I don't hate Noel, I just don't think he's omgtotallyhawtguys.

People post at rapid pace on this board. I don't know if this classifies as spoilers so I'm just going to spoiler it anyways.

Anyone laugh when
Snow calls Serah and Noel "kids"?

Hmm... I actually can't remember that. Sounds like something I would have laughed at, though XD

How old is Snow anyway?

Diablos

Does anyone else hear just a little bit of Tom Cruise in Noel's English VA?

Not excessive or anything, but at times, he's totally channeling him.

Aeana

Does anyone else hear just a little bit of Tom Cruise in Noel's English VA?

Not excessive or anything, but at times, he's totally channeling him.

Nope, I hear every character Jason Marsden has ever played, though, including Nelson from Full House.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You guys make me feel glad that i'm just 19 years old. I've still got a long ways to go...!
You're not cynical yet. That's a good thing.

After I turned 20, apparently I became more cynical and snarkier.

I'll be 30 in a year and a half. Shh.

By the time I am 42 I will hopefully be able to play Versus.
By the time Versus comes out, I hope I'll be finished my grad studies. It'd be consistent.

FFXII was released when I finished high school/started uni. FFXIII was released the year I was supposed to finish undergrad. I imagine that Versus will come out when I finish this next round of studies.

Man, you 21 year old dudes were not born/1 year old when FF4 came out.
That makes me feel a little old. I guess I should be happy I was one of the babies of the family so my cousins passed all their consoles and old games down to me so I could experience them.

B.K.

I hate these puzzles in
Oerba 300AF. I'm on one that I can't even find a solution to on that guide site.

rataven

The age doesn't bother me, it just factors into whether or not I can understand why people are crushing on a certain character or not. I don't hate Noel, I just don't think he's omgtotallyhawtguys.

You know, in XIII, Snow was only three years older than Noel is now. ;)

It's just silly stuff. I honestly figured Noel had to be in his mid-20s based on his maturity and knowledge, so once I found out his age, it was just *shrug* whatever.

I do usually like older characters. Heck, I have a middle-aged assassin in my avatar, but Noel's cool. I dig him.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nope, I hear every character Jason Marsden has ever played, though, including Nelson from Full House.
Cannot unhear/unsee.

You know, in XIII, Snow was only three years older than Noel is now. ;)

It's just silly stuff. I honestly figured Noel had to be in his mid-20s based on his maturity and knowledge, so once I found out his age, it was just *shrug* whatever.
Yeah, same. He really does seem older than eighteen, though that's probably due to all the stuff he's been through and the duties he'd been tasked with.

Bladenic

I played XIII my senior year of high school, XIII-2 my second semester as a sophomore, and Versus XIII I'll probably play... around the time I finish Pharmacy School. Lolz.

Top Bottom